new resistance2 screens. Edit: better (GREAT) quality!!!

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

For some reason, I am not interested AT ALL. :|_en1gma_

why not.. if you read the pages, how can you not be excited?.. unless you don't like shooters ofcourse.. :-P

Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Gamersince81
Member since 2007 • 1787 Posts

For some reason, I am not interested AT ALL. :|_en1gma_

I am, i was just playing RFOM. So many people love RFOM online and im one of them. Too bad Halo 3 didnt even look as good as this will!!

Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Gamersince81

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"]For some reason, I am not interested AT ALL. :|Always-Honest

why not.. if you read the pages, how can you not be excited?.. unless you don't like shooters ofcourse.. :-P

Some people are very casual and play only one game, lol.

the_h_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 the_h_bomb
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts
looks better than every 360 game ever made, especially Halo 3 and its purple muppets
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Always-Honest
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"]For some reason, I am not interested AT ALL. :|Gamersince81

Some people are very casual and play only one game, lol.

only one game?. that would make him hardcore (in that game)

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"]For some reason, I am not interested AT ALL. :|Always-Honest

That may be it. Shooters haven't really impressed me in a while.

Only Bioshock and COD4 have stood out. Everything else has left a bad taste in my mouth. And the first Resistance was one of those games.

I'm not saying Resistance 2 will be bad, but I'm personally not expecting much out of it...

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Always-Honest

looks better than every 360 game ever made, especially Halo 3 and its purple muppetsthe_h_bomb

looks better than the halo first scans you mean. these are just scans.. not official screens. we basicly know nothign and can only hope that thtose images are real gameplay, even if the magazine says they are..

Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Gamersince81
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"]For some reason, I am not interested AT ALL. :|_en1gma_

Only Bioshock and COD4 have stood out. Everything else has left a bad taste in my mouth. And the first Resistance was one of those games.

I'm not saying Resistance 2 will be bad, but I'm personally not expecting much out of it...

Opinions very i like RFOM more than beating Bioshock and COD4... Call me crazy if ya want i dont care, lol.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"]For some reason, I am not interested AT ALL. :|Gamersince81

Opinions very i like RFOM more than beating Bioshock and COD4... Call me crazy if ya want i dont care, lol.

I won't call you crazy, but I will say that you have a very bad taste.

And this entire subject is opinionated. Some opinions are just poorly based.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

looks more like an expansion pack - all the assets look pretty much identical to the last one.

unless the AI is vastly superior to the last one, and the multi maps are much better i might not even rent it, was really let down by the first one.

mgsbethatgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mgsbethatgame
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

Yea! That means my new GI is coming soon!

As for Resistance 2, those look more like publicity shots for the mag than actual screen shots, so I wouldn't get too excited. I am sure it will look good though.

SpruceCaboose

im looking at it in gi right now looks crazy uncharted might get knocked out

Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Gamersince81
[QUOTE="Gamersince81"][QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"]For some reason, I am not interested AT ALL. :|_en1gma_

You have bad taste.. Bioshock and COD4 are very good games but i dont go by what others think, i think for myself. Have a nice day.

I won't call you crazy, but I will say that you have a very bad taste.

And this entire subject is opinionated. Some opinions are just poorly based.

jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jethrovegas
Member since 2007 • 5103 Posts
Looks damn fine.
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

It says in the magazine that Goliath is a new type of enemy ?

Wasn't the Goliath in the first game aswell.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 _en1gma_

You have bad taste.. Bioshock and COD4 are very good games but i dont go by what others think, i think for myself. Have a nice day.Gamersince81

Bioshock and COD4 are superior games. Resistance is just an average FPS. It isn't meaningful. It isn't innovative. It does NOTHING for the genre. It isn't anything in comparison to Bioshock and COD4. There is absolutely no way in hell you can "think" that RFOM is the better game and have your "opinion" taken seriously. Have a nice day.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
I love Resistance on my PS3, but with all the good multiplayer games coming out, I dont know if I will get this. I have to think about Rainbow Six 2, Splinter Cell, and Brothers in Arms.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Great read.

Man , this game sounds feature packed and visually improved ....... and with their being insanely largebossencounters and flying vehicles to deal with just pushes things to the next level of wow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

Yay! More BROWN!

I'm tired of brown games. I laughed in Uncharted when I unlocked the Next-Gen Filter! :lol:

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#69 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
I just read the whole article with the scans. Resistance 2 is shaping up to be the best FPS this gen. From the sounds of it, Insomniac is really uping the action and scale. I can't wait for this game to hit shelves. I think I may need to buy a PS3 for this one.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#70 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Yay! More BROWN!

I'm tired of brown games. I laughed in Uncharted when I unlocked the Next-Gen Filter! :lol:

wapahala

Umm read the article. They said that they now have many more colors than brown and gray in the game.

cyborgjak427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71 cyborgjak427
Member since 2006 • 14046 Posts
Looks awesome, this is a game worth hyping. And I can't wait to get my new GI to check out the article about it.
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

As for Resistance 2, those look more like publicity shots for the mag than actual screen shots, so I wouldn't get too excited. I am sure it will look good though.

SpruceCaboose

I got mine yesterday :). The cover story is great. There's an exclusive interview on gameinformer.com with Ted Price that goes up today. I'm about to check it out.

The pics look great by the way, and it may continue to look even better.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

I just read the whole article with the scans. Resistance 2 is shaping up to be the best FPS this gen. From the sounds of it, Insomniac is really uping the action and scale. I can't wait for this game to hit shelves. I think I may need to buy a PS3 for this one.Wasdie

you really should rent it first, esp if you're used to PC shooters (as I know you are).

I was extremely disappointed by R:FOM, couldn't even bring myself to finish the game - it's repetitive, AI is dull/dim, assets are repeated over and over again, the entire game is on a rail - i.e. no alternate paths. multiplayer maps were fairly dull and spawning was chaotic as hell, often times having you spawn in a cross-fire (i hear they did remedy this a bit with a patch though). There is a lot of scripted spawning in the SP too that got quite annoying and predictable.

It's ok for a console shooter - but I felt like I was playing something that was a few years old, had a 'been there done that' feel to it.

I will give it one thing though - best Glass Breaking physics I've ever seen in a game.

ShmenonPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 ShmenonPie
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts
Mmmmmm pretty...
Lemmywinks_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Lemmywinks_360
Member since 2007 • 1996 Posts
They look fantastic.
ski11buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ski11buzz
Member since 2003 • 2117 Posts

ohhh spiffy this game is looking sweet, also is it just me your did anyone els go "oh crap" when they saw the large space fleet over what looks like the Brooklyn Bridge?shadow32gamer

it was definatly one of those moments where i just thought "damn, i really need to play this game." and that doesnt happen a whole lot nowadays. honestly, the campaign to this game so sounds so fresh and original to me.

the way that america never really got out of the great depression, the game is set in the 50's where a lot a games dont take place. when you think about it, this game has a very deep story to it. there is so much that you can learn by reading the documents in the game and other sorts of information.

im super hyped for this game, to say the least

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
Without being fanboyish in the slightest... It looks like Gears of War...BambooBanger

yeah i agree......this game will be sweet
Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts

Without being fanboyish in the slightest... It looks like Gears of War...BambooBanger

It looks nothing like Gears of War. At least not any more than any FPS game that is set in the future or post-apocalyptic world where the colors are drab and the lighting is stark and minimal.

Just stop already.

NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 NavigatorsGhost

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]I just read the whole article with the scans. Resistance 2 is shaping up to be the best FPS this gen. From the sounds of it, Insomniac is really uping the action and scale. I can't wait for this game to hit shelves. I think I may need to buy a PS3 for this one.3picuri3

you really should rent it first, esp if you're used to PC shooters (as I know you are).

I was extremely disappointed by R:FOM, couldn't even bring myself to finish the game - it's repetitive, AI is dull/dim, assets are repeated over and over again, the entire game is on a rail - i.e. no alternate paths. multiplayer maps were fairly dull and spawning was chaotic as hell, often times having you spawn in a cross-fire (i hear they did remedy this a bit with a patch though). There is a lot of scripted spawning in the SP too that got quite annoying and predictable.

It's ok for a console shooter - but I felt like I was playing something that was a few years old, had a 'been there done that' feel to it.

I will give it one thing though - best Glass Breaking physics I've ever seen in a game.

AI is dim and dull is a complete lie.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Always-Honest

Yay! More BROWN!

wapahala

read the text

Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

[QUOTE="BambooBanger"]Without being fanboyish in the slightest... It looks like Gears of War...NavigatorsGhost

It looks nothing like Gears of War. At least not any more than any FPS game that is set in the future or post-apocalyptic world where the colors are drab and the lighting is stark and minimal.

Just stop already.

Its an opinion, relax. The new armor and added face details to the Chimera does make them seem more locust-like. At least in my opinion. No one ever said this game is a GeoW rip-off. So relax.
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 NavigatorsGhost
[QUOTE="NavigatorsGhost"]

[QUOTE="BambooBanger"]Without being fanboyish in the slightest... It looks like Gears of War...Kook18

Just stop already.

Its an opinion, relax. The new armor and added face details to the Chimera does make them seem more locust-like. At least in my opinion. No one ever said this game is a GeoW rip-off. So relax.

I'm tired of hearing how this game or the first one looks like Gears of War. Its just damage control from people who haven't even played the first Resistance. It adds nothing to the conversation and is just posted to annoy people.

Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Gamersince81

[QUOTE="Gamersince81"]You have bad taste.. Bioshock and COD4 are very good games but i dont go by what others think, i think for myself. Have a nice day._en1gma_

Bioshock and COD4 are superior games. Resistance is just an average FPS. It isn't meaningful. It isn't innovative. It does NOTHING for the genre. It isn't anything in comparison to Bioshock and COD4. There is absolutely no way in hell you can "think" that RFOM is the better game and have your "opinion" taken seriously. Have a nice day.

Lol, i guess you still dont know what an opinion means. I think Blue Stinger is better than Bioshock! Your going by all this other stuff but the bottom line is if a person likes it or not. I can name a hundred games between "87" and 97" that blows Bioshock and Cod4 combined out of the water..remember, i go by what i like not what others like. i liked Resistance more than Bioshock and Cod4... have a nice day!!

chilly222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 chilly222
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts
cant wait until this comes out!
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 NavigatorsGhost

It says in the magazine that Goliath is a new type of enemy ?

Wasn't the Goliath in the first game aswell.

Krigon

Those were Stalkers

Yay! More BROWN!

wapahala

Then get a Wii and enjoy all the bright colors. Or play Halo and stare at all the colorful aliens.

AlphaRail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86 AlphaRail
Member since 2007 • 1789 Posts

SpruceCaboose

I was thinking the same thing about GI...and yea I wish it was farther in development so we could see some real gameplay pics :?....Also, am I the only one who saw VEHICLES, that will be awesome, well as long as it's not in MP since it would be too hectic with 60players.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts
Nice
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
Resistance 2 Is Looking like one of the best FPS games of 2008 So Far.
-D3MO-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#89 -D3MO-
Member since 2007 • 2622 Posts
R2 GOTY 2008 Contender most definatley...if everything in the magazine is fact
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
Yikes that looks scary good.
Gta3-fan334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Gta3-fan334
Member since 2004 • 1499 Posts
Resistance 2 Is Looking like one of the best FPS games of 2008 So Far.EVOLV3
The graphics don't look that great. :|
Truth-slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Truth-slayer
Member since 2004 • 2510 Posts

[QUOTE="BambooBanger"]Without being fanboyish in the slightest... It looks like Gears of War...Always-Honest

the aliens do to some extend...

Not really. The only similarity is the fact the neither enemies are human and wear body armor. If you played the original Resistance you would know that the only difference in the Chimera in 2 is the armor and of course better character models.
Truth-slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Truth-slayer
Member since 2004 • 2510 Posts

Resistance looks like Gears ?

I'm sure Resistance came out way before Gears making..

Gears look like Resistance

Correct me if im wrong :|

Dante865
They came out the same time....any similarities(if you are fanboyish enough to think there are any) is completely coincidental.
bahamut-zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 bahamut-zero
Member since 2003 • 95 Posts

Going by the scans and the written language of the magazine, Resistance 2 looks unprecedented. Visually the art is amazing...and the sheer magnitude...this game is epic. The immersion is going to beon a whole new level.Look at the size of those goliaths. **** Resistance is the number 1 game for 2008 for me.

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#95 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
When you see games like that, it really makes you wonder how on earth it takes bungie three years to make a halo game.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Always-Honest
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

[QUOTE="BambooBanger"]Without being fanboyish in the slightest... It looks like Gears of War...Truth-slayer

the aliens do to some extend...

Not really. The only similarity is the fact the neither enemies are human and wear body armor. If you played the original Resistance you would know that the only difference in the Chimera in 2 is the armor and of course better character models.

i know, but some of the faces look like locust. but who care. they're all ugly bastards that need to get shot.

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]Resistance 2 Is Looking like one of the best FPS games of 2008 So Far.Gta3-fan334

They are magazine scans :| How about we decide after we see some ingame graphics.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Always-Honest

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]Resistance 2 Is Looking like one of the best FPS games of 2008 So Far.Gta3-fan334

they look pretty good though. better than HALo3

dbzfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#99 dbzfreak
Member since 2003 • 6223 Posts
From those screens it looks to be an amazing sequel. However I would reserve judgement until we find out more information.
GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#100 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts
I have really high hopes for this game. I hope its alot better than the first