New Nintendo IP Alert: HarmoKnight

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26111 Posts

You Cows and Lemmings and Hermits and Worms and whatnots still like to say "Where are the new Nintendo IP's?" and "Why do they only do Mario/Metroid/Zelda?" from time to time to justify your dreadful and fully regrettable mistakes of buying one of those HD twins so many years ago; so much so that you forget about all the new Nintendo IP's that have come out, and how you should wish Sony and MS made these many new IP's.

New Nintendo IP's since 2004:

1. Trace Memory
  2. Geist
  3. Chib-Robo
  4. Odama
  5. Drill Dozer
  6. Hotel Dusk
  7. Disaster: Day of Crisis
  8. Endless Ocean
  9. Art Style
  10. Captain Rainbow
  11. Zangeki no Reginleiv
  12. FlingSmash
  13. Xenoblade Chronicles
  14. The Last Story
  15. Line Attack Heroes
  16. Steel Diver
  17. Pandoras Tower
  18. Dillons Rolling Western
  19. Pushmo
  20. Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword
  21. Wonderful 101

Well, if you still think Nintendo only makes games with the same characters since the 80's, here's yet another new Nintendo IP, which would be new IP number 22:

2432771-screen+shot+2013-02-14+at+11.33.

And it's awesome.

Great new characters:

tumblr_mjmvkvx9Ut1r4yzs3o1_250.giftumblr_mjmvkvx9Ut1r4yzs3o2_250.gif

Brilliant gameplay design:

tumblr_mj9k6k6JHR1qzp9weo3_500.jpg

Awesome boss battles:

tumblr_miwhhzXxgl1rs7t8so2_250.gif

Addictive scoring system:

tumblr_mjnvce73SP1qjr44wo1_500.jpg

Endless fanart:

tumblr_mjqbdj2Fbh1qdkmpmo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m9ywtbd1oz1rvzzbto1_500.jpg

tumblr_mjovphCUL21ripm1lo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m9pcahwFmV1qm6r4vo1_500.png

Meanwhile, what do Sony, Microsoft, and PC people have? 

A reboot of Tomb Raider? A reboot of SimCity? A spin-off of Metal Gear? A FOURTH (!!) Assasin's Creed and Saints Row game in ONE (!!!) generation?

Please, stop being milked with rehashes, and come to Nintendo, where you will find new stuff all the time, and only ONE (and on rare occasions, TWO) versions of your old favorites per generation; and not FOUR or FIVE or SIX. 

DropsofJupiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 DropsofJupiter
Member since 2013 • 1449 Posts
Played the demo, this game is insanely fun. Will probably get it when it releases. Oh, and guess who it is by? Yes, that's right: Game Freak. The guys who make Pokemon!
p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6610 Posts

I played the demo for Harmo Knight and it's fun and quite hard if you ask me. I guess I just need to practice more.

louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 louisfoxton
Member since 2007 • 1400 Posts

lol cows just got skooled

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

I love the demo, especially the boss fight at the end. Can't wait to see how the other boss fights and characters you play as are like.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

It was definitely fun. Loved the Pokemon level.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Actually looks cool

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
Yeaup, pretty much knew it wasn't for the WiiU before coming into the thread. Pretty sure numbers prove Sony has pushed the most new IPs this gen.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
But none of those are REAL new IPs. :P
LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Got me all excited for nothing. sigh

DropsofJupiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DropsofJupiter
Yeaup, pretty much knew it wasn't for the WiiU before coming into the thread. Pretty sure numbers prove Sony has pushed the most new IPs this gen. senses_fail_06
So handheld games don't count? You know what the greatest thing about Nintendo is? They develop a game and its central concepts and mechanics first, and then they decide which system to put it on. Unlike Sony, that literally treats its handheld like a second class citizen. For Nintendo, a handheld and a console hold the same worth in their ecosystem.
Jerell_rast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Jerell_rast
Member since 2004 • 7095 Posts
But none of those are REAL new IPs. :POreoMilkshake
Here we go. You just HAD to put that in here, did you-_-?
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Willy105
[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]Yeaup, pretty much knew it wasn't for the WiiU before coming into the thread. Pretty sure numbers prove Sony has pushed the most new IPs this gen. DropsofJupiter
So handheld games don't count? You know what the greatest thing about Nintendo is? They develop a game and its central concepts and mechanics first, and then they decide which system to put it on. Unlike Sony, that literally treats its handheld like a second class citizen. For Nintendo, a handheld and a console hold the same worth in their ecosystem.

Yep. Sony would get a second hand studio to make games for their handhelds; but Sakurai can finish making Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii and immediately begin working on Kid Icarus for a handheld as if there was no difference.
DropsofJupiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DropsofJupiter
[QUOTE="DropsofJupiter"][QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]Yeaup, pretty much knew it wasn't for the WiiU before coming into the thread. Pretty sure numbers prove Sony has pushed the most new IPs this gen. Willy105

Yep. Sony would get a second hand studio to make games for their handhelds; but Sakurai can finish making Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii and immediately begin working on Kid Icarus for a handheld as if there was no difference.

Yeah. Did you know for Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, the team did not know what system they were making the game for? They were given the general range of specs and development time and resources of four years. Sakurai was not told what kind of system the 3DS was when he started development of Kid Icarus Uprising, all he knew was that it is new Nintendo hardware, he didn't know if it was a console or handheld. Nintendo takes its best developers and franchises and puts them on handhelds. Hell, some of those it keeps exclusive to handhelds, like Pokemon. Whereas Sony seems content to outsource and farm out its franchises to B and C tier developers for its handheld games. Can you even imagine Sony telling Naughty Dog at the end of the development cycle that The Last of Us or Uncharted 3 are actually meant for the PS Vita?
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 senses_fail_06
[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]Yeaup, pretty much knew it wasn't for the WiiU before coming into the thread. Pretty sure numbers prove Sony has pushed the most new IPs this gen. DropsofJupiter

Well not to me, but I didn't say they did not "count" as you put it. The 3DS isn't exactly hurting for games like the WiiU is ATM.
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 senses_fail_06
[QUOTE="DropsofJupiter"][QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]Yeaup, pretty much knew it wasn't for the WiiU before coming into the thread. Pretty sure numbers prove Sony has pushed the most new IPs this gen. Willy105

Fine by me. I don't want Sony dedicating resources to hardware that has a 5 inch screen.
DropsofJupiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DropsofJupiter
[QUOTE="DropsofJupiter"][QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]Yeaup, pretty much knew it wasn't for the WiiU before coming into the thread. Pretty sure numbers prove Sony has pushed the most new IPs this gen. senses_fail_06

Well not to me, but I didn't say they did not "count" as you put it. The 3DS isn't exactly hurting for games like the WiiU is ATM.

I agree they need to give the Wii U more attention, that thing needs games and third parties aren't filling the gaps, so it's up to them. So yes, I agree on that front. Regardless, a great game is a great game, no matter what system it is on. So what exactly is the point of saying that the game is not on the Wii U? Did anyone say it was on the Wii U? Is its quality somehow suddenly diminished by it not being on the Wii U? Hell, the best Nintendo games these days are on handhelds, not consoles (Fire Emblem Awakening over New Super Mario Bros. U). So why bring that up at all? Needlessly trolling?
DropsofJupiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DropsofJupiter
[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"][QUOTE="Willy105"][QUOTE="DropsofJupiter"] So handheld games don't count? You know what the greatest thing about Nintendo is? They develop a game and its central concepts and mechanics first, and then they decide which system to put it on. Unlike Sony, that literally treats its handheld like a second class citizen. For Nintendo, a handheld and a console hold the same worth in their ecosystem.

Fine by me. I don't want Sony dedicating resources to hardware that has a 5 inch screen.

If Sony can't support hardware with a 5 inch screen adequately, then it has no business making hardware with a 5 inch screen in the first place.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Some of those aren't made nor published by Nintendo and some i'm not sure you can qualify as a new IP like Xenoblade.

DropsofJupiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DropsofJupiter

Some of those aren't made nor published by Nintendo and some i'm not sure you can qualify as a new IP like Xenoblade.

Chozofication
Xenoblade is an entirely new IP that has no connections to any game ever made previously. The only thing that it shares with Monolith's previous Xeno games (because I know that will be brought up) is the Xeno prefix and the metaphysical scope of the story.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Willy105

Chozofication

Xenoblade is published by Nintendo and made by a Nintendo developer.

The Last Story and Pandora's Tower is also a Nintendo game; they simply gave Xseed the license to publish it outside Japan because they didn't want to do it themselves. 

All of those on the list above are Nintendo games. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

DropsofJupiter

Xenoblade is an entirely new IP that has no connections to any game ever made previously. The only thing that it shares with Monolith's previous Xeno games (because I know that will be brought up) is the Xeno prefix and the metaphysical scope of the story.

Well I guess it is a new IP then.  Definitely not what first come's to mind though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

Willy105

The Last Story and Pandora's Tower is also a Nintendo game; they simply gave Xseed the license to publish it outside Japan because they didn't want to do it themselves. 

Is Monolith Owned by Nintendo?

I didn't know that about the other 2.

Anyways new IP's don't even matter what matter's is new games and experiences and Nintendo always deliver's on that.

DropsofJupiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DropsofJupiter

[QUOTE="Willy105"]

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

Chozofication

Is Monolith Owned by Nintendo?

I didn't know that.

Anyways new IP's don't even matter what matter's is new games and experiences and Nintendo always deliver's on that.

Nintendo bought them in 2009.
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 senses_fail_06

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"][QUOTE="DropsofJupiter"] So handheld games don't count? You know what the greatest thing about Nintendo is? They develop a game and its central concepts and mechanics first, and then they decide which system to put it on. Unlike Sony, that literally treats its handheld like a second class citizen. For Nintendo, a handheld and a console hold the same worth in their ecosystem. DropsofJupiter

I agree they need to give the Wii U more attention, that thing needs games and third parties aren't filling the gaps, so it's up to them. So yes, I agree on that front. Regardless, a great game is a great game, no matter what system it is on. So what exactly is the point of saying that the game is not on the Wii U? Did anyone say it was on the Wii U? Is its quality somehow suddenly diminished by it not being on the Wii U? Hell, the best Nintendo games these days are on handhelds, not consoles (Fire Emblem Awakening over New Super Mario Bros. U). So why bring that up at all? Needlessly trolling?

No, there was a point to my post. Nintendo seems to takes way more risks with their handheld than their home console. Makes sense I guess, all things considering the dev costs are probably much less on a handheld. 

Let's just I honestly knew it was a 3DS game and not a WiiU game just based on the thread title and without any previous knowledge of the game. Should tell you something, right?

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 senses_fail_06

That's a pretty paltry list you have there too, TC. 

Couple of solid DS games and great Monolith JRPGs, but definitely underwhelming and something I wouldn't be touting as "good".

DropsofJupiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DropsofJupiter

[QUOTE="DropsofJupiter"][QUOTE="senses_fail_06"] Well not to me, but I didn't say they did not "count" as you put it. The 3DS isn't exactly hurting for games like the WiiU is ATM.senses_fail_06

No, there was a point to my post. Nintendo seems to takes way more risks with their handheld than their home console. Makes sense I guess, all things considering the dev costs are probably much less on a handheld. 

Let's just I honestly knew it was a 3DS game and not a WiiU game just based on the thread title and without any previous knowledge of the game. Should tell you something, right?

Yes, that their handheld output is incredible. I am okay with this. :)
JamDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JamDev
Member since 2013 • 992 Posts
So this list is aimed at purchasers of the 'HD twins' but is full of handheld games? Derp. Also, some are not new Nintendo IP's they are third party games released on Nintendo consoles.
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 senses_fail_06
[QUOTE="JamDev"]So this list is aimed at purchasers of the 'HD twins' but is full of handheld games? Derp. Also, some are not new Nintendo IP's they are third party games released on Nintendo consoles.

I'd also rather play that MGS spinoff and Tomb Raider reboot over 80% of his list.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Willy105
[QUOTE="JamDev"] Also, some are not new Nintendo IP's they are third party games released on Nintendo consoles.

Like which one? This isn't stuff like Lego City Undercover or Bayonetta 2.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#32 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

But most of that is not good. Steel Driver? Day of Disaster? Endless Ocean? There was also those terrible racing games on the Wii. Ecitetruck and that sequel from the same team. Those were ass as well but Nintendo was the publisher I thought.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

But most of that is not good. Steel Driver? Day of Disaster? Endless Ocean? There was also those terrible racing games on the Wii. Ecitetruck and that sequel from the same team. Those were ass as well but Nintendo was the publisher I thought.

timbers_WSU
They weren't new IPs and Excitebots was awesome.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#34 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

Finally, a new internally-developed Nintendo IP, given the same large-scale development effort and the same involvement from Nintendo's best creative minds that Zelda, Mario, and all their other old franchises get on a yearly basis. Just what I've been hoping for since the Gamecube! How exciting.

...Oh, guess not, my mistake.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

1. Xenoblade Chronicles
  2. The Last Story
  3. Pandoras Tower
  4. Pushmo
  5. Wonderful 101

Games that aren't trash

nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nitekids2004
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts

wow alot of those games are on handhelds. 

This just proves Ninty should quit on the console hardware business and just focuse entirely on handhelds.

TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

Downloading the demo now.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9585 Posts

wow alot of those games are on handhelds.

This just proves Ninty should quit on the console hardware business and just focuse entirely on handhelds.

nitekids2004

Which sadly is probably all they will do next gen... Then again with as much money Nintendo made off of the Wii.... who knows, they may be good for the next 2 or 3 generations no matter how hard they flop.. heh

Seriously though, I have not seen anything that makes me excited to buy a WiiU. A bought a Wii close to launch, but it was and is a major dissapointment. See, the problem isnt that casuals moved away from Nintendo, it is more the fact that motion controls were timed perfectly with the health craze that had already started, and a TON of people bought the Wii for some sort of "exercise" reason. Anyways, people soon realized that it was more fun to do the actual activities instead...

The Wii did great and I am proud that it made Nintendo money... however, Nintendo betrayed their long time fans, and now I'm not sure if I can trust them not to keep selling out over and over for a shiny new nickel each chance they get.

When some new IP's or a few great games release I might reconsider, but as of now Nintendo has 0% of my attention where as last gen they were at maybe about 30%....

I am excluding handhelds from my numbers however... :P

With that last thing being said.... that game doesnt look to great to me, but to each their own I guess.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
I liked the demo, that boss fight was really entertaining.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#40 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
Great, let's pretend it doesn't exist so we can bash Nintendo for milking Mario, Zelda and Metroid.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
I love me some good rhythm/music games. Also, you forgot Rhythm Heaven games in your OP. Amazing series.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#42 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41565 Posts

Played the demo, this game is insanely fun. Will probably get it when it releases.

Oh, and guess who it is by? Yes, that's right: Game Freak. The guys who make Pokemon!DropsofJupiter

If I recall correctly, the last time they expanded post-Pokemon was Drill Dozer.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

[QUOTE="DropsofJupiter"]Played the demo, this game is insanely fun. Will probably get it when it releases.

Oh, and guess who it is by? Yes, that's right: Game Freak. The guys who make Pokemon!nintendoboy16

If I recall correctly, the last time they expanded post-Pokemon was Drill Dozer.

They need to make a rhythm game based on Pokemon music. Like Theatrhythm
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

Great, let's pretend it doesn't exist so we can bash Nintendo for milking Mario, Zelda and Metroid.hiphops_savior

Yup... I'm using Cow phrases now with 'butt hurt' and 'derp' as thats all they say... oh and 'damage control' .... oh and 'jelly'

Like Patapon fuhshong? that game was awesome on PSP, frigging awesome....

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

God, that list is terrible.

I prefer quality...so I'll stick with PS thx.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
[QUOTE="DropsofJupiter"][QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]Yeaup, pretty much knew it wasn't for the WiiU before coming into the thread. Pretty sure numbers prove Sony has pushed the most new IPs this gen. senses_fail_06

The 3DS has been out for how long? :? 2 years or something?
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LastRambo341

Obviously_Right
PS sucks "No new IPs !!" *shows new IPs* "Those suck!" :lol:
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts
Okay, I guess. Yay.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

Obviously_Right
curious but which ones have you played on that list?
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

dobzilian
curious but which ones have you played on that list?

He's one of those people "No new IPs !!" *Nintendo shows new IPs* "Those suck!"