New Mass Effect screens in HD !

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
Excellent. I wonder how it will look on the pc.
I cant post in a mass effect thread without mentioning the pc version
agentfred
you mean the version bioware aren't working on? :wink:
Owned_Noob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#202 Owned_Noob
Member since 2006 • 2136 Posts
wow..everytime i come into SW i see this keywii guy bashing xbox 360 all the time...dont you do anything besides post in SW geez
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#203 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
[QUOTE="agentfred"]Excellent. I wonder how it will look on the pc.
lawlessx

You mean the version Bioware said they would do if there was enough demand for it  
renger6002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#204 renger6002
Member since 2004 • 4481 Posts
We never see Gameplay screens of Mass Effect. I wonder why.KeyWii
wtf?
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="agentfred"]Excellent. I wonder how it will look on the pc.
kage_53

You mean the version Bioware said they would do if there was enough demand for it

got a link to that statement? because they said on their own message board that they have no plans on releasing mass effect on the PC..and that if the game did end up on the pc..it would be after the 3 part series is complete on the 360..which by then nobody would really care.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#206 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]"The party moved around just as in any other third-person shooter, with free camera control using the right analog stick and a default behind-the-back perspective. As the party ventured farther into the city, they encountered some hostile machines that started blasting with laser rifles of some sort. At this point we got to see the combat in the game. You can switch to combat mode, which pulls the camera in close over Shepard's shoulder and presents an aiming reticle on the screen. It's similar to Resident Evil 4 in that it blends first-person aiming controls with a third-person perspective that gives you good awareness of your surroundings. You can lock on to enemies, but it requires a skill upgrade, so it isn't quite as simple as holding a button and firing away without aiming." http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/masseffect/news.html?sid=6150171 "Yet the similarity really ends there, as BioWare is creating with Mass Effect the first game that will get hardcore shooter fans excited to play an RPG." http://www.dailygame.net/news/archives/005656.php

"The second half of the demo was designed to show off the combat interface in ancient ruins buried deep in a jungle. Bioware has come up with a rather clever solution for marrying the intensity of third-person action shooting with the strategy of traditional RPG combat. Operating with two additional rotating party members, gamers will engage enemy forces like in any traditional third-person shooter with the added ability to swap instantly between any of the three party members."

http://xbox360.themanroom.com/news.php?id=1188

"What features and improvements have you incorporated into Mass Effect from games like KOTOR and Jade Empire?

One of the most obvious differences is the combat system, which is a fully real-time, 3rd person tactical shooter format. You’ll be able to fight as a squad of 3, either allowing your squad members to fight alongside you using their own AI, or by giving specific orders. You’ll be able to have extremely satisfying control over your squad in the battlefield, cooperating in really interesting ways."

http://www.cgonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=530&Itemid=1§Name=Xbox360

Anyone ready to admit ownage yet? I can find dozens of others if you want. Or you can just admit, Mass Effect is definitely  a 3rd person shooter RPG.
agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts
[QUOTE="agentfred"]Excellent. I wonder how it will look on the pc.
lawlessx

Haven't we been over this?
Bioware has never made a game that wasnt on the pc
Its naive to think thats going to change
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
[QUOTE="KeyWii"] Those are gameplay screens :|

Yes, they 'were' gameplay screens, back at E306. Nowadays, these new screenshots are gameplay screens.
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#209 magus-21
Member since 2006 • 2868 Posts
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="agentfred"]Excellent. I wonder how it will look on the pc.
agentfred

That's because BioWare didn't make any console games until KotOR, and hasn't made any console games since KotOR. Maybe they'll take a stance similar to Capcom, developing for two platforms but giving each platform exclusive titles. Like making Dragon Age into the PC platform's equivalent to Mass Effect.
WildTurkey00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 WildTurkey00
Member since 2005 • 4067 Posts
Looks sharp, but the character designes look weird. Not in a good way.
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 magus-21
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]"The party moved around just as in any other third-person shooter, with free camera control using the right analog stick and a default behind-the-back perspective. As the party ventured farther into the city, they encountered some hostile machines that started blasting with laser rifles of some sort. At this point we got to see the combat in the game. You can switch to combat mode, which pulls the camera in close over Shepard's shoulder and presents an aiming reticle on the screen. It's similar to Resident Evil 4 in that it blends first-person aiming controls with a third-person perspective that gives you good awareness of your surroundings. You can lock on to enemies, but it requires a skill upgrade, so it isn't quite as simple as holding a button and firing away without aiming." http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/masseffect/news.html?sid=6150171 "Yet the similarity really ends there, as BioWare is creating with Mass Effect the first game that will get hardcore shooter fans excited to play an RPG." http://www.dailygame.net/news/archives/005656.php

"The second half of the demo was designed to show off the combat interface in ancient ruins buried deep in a jungle. Bioware has come up with a rather clever solution for marrying the intensity of third-person action shooting with the strategy of traditional RPG combat. Operating with two additional rotating party members, gamers will engage enemy forces like in any traditional third-person shooter with the added ability to swap instantly between any of the three party members."

"What features and improvements have you incorporated into Mass Effect from games like KOTOR and Jade Empire?

One of the most obvious differences is the combat system, which is a fully real-time, 3rd person tactical shooter format. You’ll be able to fight as a squad of 3, either allowing your squad members to fight alongside you using their own AI, or by giving specific orders. You’ll be able to have extremely satisfying control over your squad in the battlefield, cooperating in really interesting ways."

http://www.cgonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=530&Itemid=1§Name=Xbox360

Anyone ready to admit ownage yet? I can find dozens of others if you want. Or you can just admit, Mass Effect is definitely a 3rd person shooter RPG.

Mass Effect is a 3rd person RPG with shooter elements.
El_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 El_Fanboy
Member since 2002 • 5789 Posts
[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="the-very-best"]They look great. I'm just a little worried that the whole sci-fi thing is overdone, which is probably why this game doesn't appeal to me at all.

I have a friend anticipating it so I'll get to play it as soon as its out but it still doesn't look that interesting to me. I wonder if GS will think the theme is overdone or not.
KeyWii
Scifi isn't overdone. In fact, I think that true science fiction hasn't been done AT ALL yet in RPGs. It's always been pseudo-scifi space opera. Mass Effect reminds me more of Larry Niven and Isaac Asimov than Star Trek.

Mass Effect actually reminds me of one of those cheesy modern Sci-Fi series.

reachin fer straws much?
mestizoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 mestizoman
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts
[QUOTE="alfy13"]the draw distance in the first pic is horriable. Felous1
W..T..F ?

i think it's fine, however i think it looks, (maybe just the picture), like there are some low-res textures mapped onto the main character
aalsheh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 aalsheh
Member since 2006 • 489 Posts

Looks sharp, but the character designes look weird. Not in a good way.WildTurkey00

yeah,, espicially the hero,, i dont know why but he looks kinda weird... what's with his @ss ?

mestizoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 mestizoman
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="the-very-best"]They look great. I'm just a little worried that the whole sci-fi thing is overdone, which is probably why this game doesn't appeal to me at all.

I have a friend anticipating it so I'll get to play it as soon as its out but it still doesn't look that interesting to me. I wonder if GS will think the theme is overdone or not.
El_Fanboy
Scifi isn't overdone. In fact, I think that true science fiction hasn't been done AT ALL yet in RPGs. It's always been pseudo-scifi space opera. Mass Effect reminds me more of Larry Niven and Isaac Asimov than Star Trek.

reachin fer straws much?

well i think the art style is horrid, but cant wait to play the game
CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts

Precisely!

If you own all those games, chances are you dress up as a Jedi at a Comic convention. Like pocket pens. Really believe there other life forms in space. Have a very hard time talking to the opposite sex. Rather think the fictional galaxy "Zouktar" is better than real life...

ROFL!! You have to be ignorant if you don't believe in other life forms in the vastness of space. Space is INFINITE.

agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 agentfred
[QUOTE="agentfred"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="agentfred"]Excellent. I wonder how it will look on the pc.
magus-21

That's because BioWare didn't make any console games until KotOR, and hasn't made any console games since KotOR. Maybe they'll take a stance similar to Capcom, developing for two platforms but giving each platform exclusive titles. Like making Dragon Age into the PC platform's equivalent to Mass Effect.

Jade empire wasn't a console game?
Also dragon age just got ported over to the 360.  Edit: I'm not sure if this is confirmed
Face it, bioware cant turn down a huge market full of potential customer just to be exlcusive.
the_hsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 the_hsoj
Member since 2006 • 1289 Posts

Those are fakes. Graphics like that can only be done with the power of Blue Ray and the CellNugtoka

hmmm do i smell a cow?

ishxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 ishxan
Member since 2006 • 369 Posts
In your quest to get ownage you owned yourself KeyWii, "Bioware has come up with a rather clever solution for marrying the intensity of third-person action shooting with the strategy of traditional RPG combat." Note how it says it incorporates the intensity, not the gameplay for a tactical shooter, however the combat is at heart of a traditional RPG where your stats determine your damage done. Also unlike other shooters Mass Effect requires no aiming, it is done automatically.

But of course since you won't quit, lets leave this at this; you enjoy your turn-based hack and slash and I'll enjoy my shooter RPG, even though you said it is contradictory it is still your own logic eating itself. In the end Mass Effect is a action-RPG, borrowing elements from shooters, however it is not played as a shooter because in the end the combat is determined by classic RPG manners.
mestizoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 mestizoman

CPM_basic

Precisely!

If you own all those games, chances are you dress up as a Jedi at a Comic convention. Like pocket pens. Really believe there other life forms in space. Have a very hard time talking to the opposite sex. Rather think the fictional galaxy "Zouktar" is better than real life...

ROFL!! You have to be ignorant if you don't believe in other life forms in the vastness of space. Space is INFINITE.

space is not infinite, oh wise sage:roll:

it is expanding seemingly infinitely, but you can travel to the end of the universe

mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts
Oh look, Straight from the developers mouth about the combat (ps - I'm sorry I had to post it like this but Glitchspot sucks right now with HTML): In general, you have a target reticule and magnetic targeting to help zero in on a target however your aim and a variety of other factors are determined by a set of skills. The better your skills the better you are and the more options you have. When you pull your trigger to fire you will fire anywhere in that target reticule so you may in fact miss a lot if you reticule is rather large because you do not have very good skill or that you continually fire which increases the size of the reticule. That is one small part of combat, kind of a foundation of how to fire in the game. I can't speak to the specifics in your question at the moment but since my brother (Preston Watamaniuk, Lead Designer) is leading the charge on what the actual game rules are behind the combat I can assure you it is far more complicated then hit and miss. This is a roleplaying game so your stats have to matter or there is no point in having them and improving them. link: http://mefaq.sendu.me.uk/FAQ/Combat And from the official FAQ of the Mass Effect Forums. Here's another quote from the lead developer: As I said in my demo Mass Effect is first and foremost an RPG we want to be very clear about that. Yes the combat is in real-time but BioWare makes games about story and character and we don't make first person shooters. Much of the work we are doing to breathe life into our digital actors to make your story as the main character that much more believable and immersive. That sounds like marketing speak and it is but after watching the full demo many times I was still picking up little ways that draw the player into the world. Balancing a game is a very difficult thing to do that many, many sleepless night are dedicated to to try and figure out. It will be ongoing for the duration of the development of the project right up until the last minute. The bottom line: this is an RPG first and everything second. In the case of an ExXtreeme Bass-fishin' simulator it is even lower, like, 56th right behind a Diaper Tycoon type game. link: http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=489430&forum=104 Have a nice day.
the_hsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 the_hsoj
Member since 2006 • 1289 Posts

[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="agentfred"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="agentfred"]Excellent. I wonder how it will look on the pc.
agentfred

Also dragon age just got ported over to the 360.
Face it, bioware cant turn down a huge market full of potential customer just to be exlcusive. 

i havent heard that do you have a link?

magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 magus-21
[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="agentfred"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="agentfred"]Excellent. I wonder how it will look on the pc.
agentfred

Oops, forgot about Jade Empire. :) It's like BioWare's black sheep. :|
agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 agentfred

[QUOTE="Nugtoka"]Those are fakes. Graphics like that can only be done with the power of Blue Ray and the Cellthe_hsoj

hmmm do i smell a cow?

Are you being serious? You honestly can't tell he's being a fakeboy? 
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

[QUOTE="kage_53"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="agentfred"]Excellent. I wonder how it will look on the pc.
lawlessx

got a link to that statement? because they said on their own message board that they have no plans on releasing mass effect on the PC..and that if the game did end up on the pc..it would be after the 3 part series is complete on the 360..which by then nobody would really care.

This good enough for you. Google owns

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=494913&forum=104 

Well, currently Mass Effect is planned as an Xbox 360 exclusive title. This means we currently do not have any plans to make a PS3 version or a PC version of the game. It is possible that if demand were high enough in the future that such a version could be made, but we are not currently working on one.Chris Priestly

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 lawlessx

[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="kage_53"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="agentfred"]Excellent. I wonder how it will look on the pc.
kage_53

This good enough for you. Google owns

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=494913&forum=104

Well, currently Mass Effect is planned as an Xbox 360 exclusive title. This means we currently do not have any plans to make a PS3 version or a PC version of the game. It is possible that if demand were high enough in the future that such a version could be made, but we are not currently working on one.Chris Priestly

fair enough..i personalily dont want to what to see if that even happens.
OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 OXIIIIXO
Member since 2006 • 2337 Posts
The only reason I'm buying this game is because of my fetish for Aliens, oh and it looks good.
agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 agentfred

[QUOTE="agentfred"][QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="agentfred"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="agentfred"]Excellent. I wonder how it will look on the pc.
the_hsoj

i havent heard that do you have a link?

Never mind that, There were rumours a while back, nothing has been confirmed yet.
ishxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 ishxan
Member since 2006 • 369 Posts
[QUOTE="mythrol"]Oh look, Straight from the developers mouth about the combat (ps - I'm sorry I had to post it like this but Glitchspot sucks right now with HTML): In general, you have a target reticule and magnetic targeting to help zero in on a target however your aim and a variety of other factors are determined by a set of skills. The better your skills the better you are and the more options you have. When you pull your trigger to fire you will fire anywhere in that target reticule so you may in fact miss a lot if you reticule is rather large because you do not have very good skill or that you continually fire which increases the size of the reticule. That is one small part of combat, kind of a foundation of how to fire in the game. I can't speak to the specifics in your question at the moment but since my brother (Preston Watamaniuk, Lead Designer) is leading the charge on what the actual game rules are behind the combat I can assure you it is far more complicated then hit and miss. This is a roleplaying game so your stats have to matter or there is no point in having them and improving them. link: http://mefaq.sendu.me.uk/FAQ/Combat And from the official FAQ of the Mass Effect Forums. Here's another quote from the lead developer: As I said in my demo Mass Effect is first and foremost an RPG we want to be very clear about that. Yes the combat is in real-time but BioWare makes games about story and character and we don't make first person shooters. Much of the work we are doing to breathe life into our digital actors to make your story as the main character that much more believable and immersive. That sounds like marketing speak and it is but after watching the full demo many times I was still picking up little ways that draw the player into the world. Balancing a game is a very difficult thing to do that many, many sleepless night are dedicated to to try and figure out. It will be ongoing for the duration of the development of the project right up until the last minute. The bottom line: this is an RPG first and everything second. In the case of an ExXtreeme Bass-fishin' simulator it is even lower, like, 56th right behind a Diaper Tycoon type game. link: http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=489430&forum=104 Have a nice day.

KeyWii will not be deterred, not even the opinion of a veteran game developer (which I think know more about what the game is and is not) will discourage his attempts to prove that Mass Effect is a shooter with RPG elements.
CarlosPontinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 CarlosPontinas
Member since 2007 • 923 Posts
WOW. that's all i can say.
DHReese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 DHReese
Member since 2007 • 455 Posts

I cant wait for this game! Thank goodness it comes out towards the end of the school year!

Remember, then Oblivion would be a 1st/3rd Person Hack and Slash Shooting Action Adventure RPG.

TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
Wow, that looks amazing. :o
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#233 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
[QUOTE="mythrol"]Oh look, Straight from the developers mouth about the combat (ps - I'm sorry I had to post it like this but Glitchspot sucks right now with HTML): In general, you have a target reticule and magnetic targeting to help zero in on a target however your aim and a variety of other factors are determined by a set of skills. The better your skills the better you are and the more options you have. When you pull your trigger to fire you will fire anywhere in that target reticule so you may in fact miss a lot if you reticule is rather large because you do not have very good skill or that you continually fire which increases the size of the reticule. That is one small part of combat, kind of a foundation of how to fire in the game. I can't speak to the specifics in your question at the moment but since my brother (Preston Watamaniuk, Lead Designer) is leading the charge on what the actual game rules are behind the combat I can assure you it is far more complicated then hit and miss. This is a roleplaying game so your stats have to matter or there is no point in having them and improving them. link: http://mefaq.sendu.me.uk/FAQ/Combat And from the official FAQ of the Mass Effect Forums. Here's another quote from the lead developer: As I said in my demo Mass Effect is first and foremost an RPG we want to be very clear about that. Yes the combat is in real-time but BioWare makes games about story and character and we don't make first person shooters. Much of the work we are doing to breathe life into our digital actors to make your story as the main character that much more believable and immersive. That sounds like marketing speak and it is but after watching the full demo many times I was still picking up little ways that draw the player into the world. Balancing a game is a very difficult thing to do that many, many sleepless night are dedicated to to try and figure out. It will be ongoing for the duration of the development of the project right up until the last minute. The bottom line: this is an RPG first and everything second. In the case of an ExXtreeme Bass-fishin' simulator it is even lower, like, 56th right behind a Diaper Tycoon type game. link: http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=489430&forum=104 Have a nice day.

ownage approved. where'd KeyWii go?
kazrium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#234 kazrium
Member since 2006 • 1632 Posts
Looks good, now lets hear about the gameplay. I watched the trailers on live, and the graphics look great, but the gameplay...... big question mark.
joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#235 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts
The Dude from Mass Effect looks like one of the dudes from Prison Break.  Serious!
WARRZONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 WARRZONE
Member since 2006 • 1308 Posts
[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]"The party moved around just as in any other third-person shooter, with free camera control using the right analog stick and a default behind-the-back perspective. As the party ventured farther into the city, they encountered some hostile machines that started blasting with laser rifles of some sort. At this point we got to see the combat in the game. You can switch to combat mode, which pulls the camera in close over Shepard's shoulder and presents an aiming reticle on the screen. It's similar to Resident Evil 4 in that it blends first-person aiming controls with a third-person perspective that gives you good awareness of your surroundings. You can lock on to enemies, but it requires a skill upgrade, so it isn't quite as simple as holding a button and firing away without aiming." http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/masseffect/news.html?sid=6150171 "Yet the similarity really ends there, as BioWare is creating with Mass Effect the first game that will get hardcore shooter fans excited to play an RPG." http://www.dailygame.net/news/archives/005656.php

Anyone ready to admit ownage yet? I can find dozens of others if you want. Or you can just admit, Mass Effect is definitely a 3rd person shooter RPG.

Mass Effect is a 3rd person RPG with shooter elements.

Agreed. Mass Effect is an RPG that has guns in it.
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts
I just logged on, and can already tell that some fanboys feel very threatened by Mass Effect. If they didn't they wouldn't have to throw out lame arguments consisting of "it's just another shooter" and "Doom 3 looks better". Either way, those screens aren't at the optimum resolution, hence the jaggies in many areas. See it in motion and you won't have to make bad extrapolations.
fahadq8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 fahadq8
Member since 2006 • 108 Posts

[QUOTE="magus-21"][QUOTE="the-very-best"]They look great. I'm just a little worried that the whole sci-fi thing is overdone, which is probably why this game doesn't appeal to me at all.

KeyWii

go & play the 7.9 thing

primetime2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 primetime2121
Member since 2004 • 3953 Posts
the draw distance in the first pic is horriable. but i sure cant wait to play this game. alfy13

thats called depth of field...genius
fahadq8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 fahadq8
Member since 2006 • 108 Posts

Those worried that Mass Effect will play like a standard shooter should quickly dismiss their fears. The shooting mechanics are simplified, without any difficult aiming or twitch skills necessary. It's the depth behind the shooting that will likely grab and hold RPG fans. You can mod your weapons, switch bullet types and improve your talents in a wide variety of gun types. The same goes for your armor, ensuring that even the straight shooter character will have to sit back and think every now and then

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/770/770896p1.html