new LO trailer on gametrailers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 white45e
Member since 2006 • 2453 Posts

this game is the next and definite EPIC JRPG for 2008

ff13 aint got **** on this game with its girly boys and sissy childrens story.

Avatar image for 1337-BOND-DAGER
1337-BOND-DAGER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 1337-BOND-DAGER
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts

FAIL: I demand a link!

Also not a big fan of jrpg.... boring

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 white45e

1337-BOND-DAGER

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28604.html

and your opinion on jrpgs doesnt matter.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#4 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
Too bad almost every other new RPG's gameplay beats the hell out of LO gameplay.
nicenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nicenator
Member since 2005 • 1938 Posts
Wasn't this the game Lemmings swore up and down last month wasn't hyped as an FF killer?
white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 white45e

Too bad almost every other new RPG's gameplay beats the hell out of LO gameplay.Tiefster

its oldschool jrpg gameplay.

sure western rpgs have better gameplay but im actually really excited for a mature game using oldschool gameplay.

and if u think ff12 had a good battle system then u need to stop gaming..

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 white45e

Wasn't this the game Lemmings swore up and down last month wasn't hyped as an FF killer?nicenator

final fantasy killed itself with that crap called ff12..

i couldnt play that for more then 5 minutes without wishing i had never played it. after a few hours with its horrible conbat system i took the disc back to blockbuster.

DarkCloud79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DarkCloud79
Member since 2006 • 997 Posts
I saw the first ten minutes of LO and it's almost like FFX.
Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Kratos_OMEGA
Member since 2007 • 2872 Posts

[QUOTE="nicenator"]Wasn't this the game Lemmings swore up and down last month wasn't hyped as an FF killer?white45e

i couldnt play that for more then 5 minutes without wishing i had never played it. after a few hours with its horrible conbat system i took the disc back to blockbuster.

Look at all these kids on this site today. Just because YOU thought FFXII was bad doesn't mean FF has been killed off. Last time i checked FFXII sold over 5 million worldwide and has an average rating of 91%. And FFXII was great, the seriesneeded a change in gameplay from the boring TB system.

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 white45e
[QUOTE="white45e"]

[QUOTE="nicenator"]Wasn't this the game Lemmings swore up and down last month wasn't hyped as an FF killer?Kratos_OMEGA

Look at all these kids on this site today. Just because YOU thought FFXII was bad doesn't mean FF has been killed off. Last time i checked FFXII sold over 5 million worldwide and has an average rating of 91%. And FFXII was great, the seriesneeded a change in gameplay from the boring TB system.

imo it was the worst jrpg ever made and a disgrace to the final fantasy series but ok just throw some sales and the game is great..

btw

not a kid

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
HD Version
Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kratos_OMEGA
[QUOTE="Kratos_OMEGA"][QUOTE="white45e"]

[QUOTE="nicenator"]Wasn't this the game Lemmings swore up and down last month wasn't hyped as an FF killer?white45e

imo it was the worst jrpg ever made and a disgrace to the final fantasy series but ok just throw some sales and the game is great..

Dude STHU seriously. I spent 108 hours on FFXII, it was addicting as hell....the PREVIOUS FF games i liekd but i played most of them for STORY. I would never level up a character to lv 60+ because it was soo boring and pointless. Stupid random battles and TB system..i'm sick of it. The gambit system in FFXII was ingenious, especially for the challenge in doing all the mob hunts and stuff, also levelling up isn't a chore and is much faster.

FFXII's story wasn't that great i'll agree but it was still decent. And i'm not throwing sales because the game was still rated highly....GS gave it a 9 and other sites did too because they realised it was brave enough to change a formula which was starting to get boring and stale. If anything the FF series was getting crap after X-2(horrible game) and XII has revitilized the series.

I'm looking forward to LO but any idiot(not talking about your directly) thinking this game will kill FF series is kidding themselves. When LO becomes a multimillion selling franchise with a gigantic dedicated fanbase come back to me. LO won't be anything more than a great JRPG for 360. It's not even going to be a series.

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

Hahahaha.

This trailer looks exactly like every FF game ever made, except with a lower budget. Same enemies, same fantasy, same plot....only SLIGHTLY less Japanese, probably in order to appeal to the predominantly western market on the 360 user base.

Not only am I not interested, I don't know how you possibly conceived of this being different from the FF franchise or not being about "girls and boys." In this trailer, there was a love song, two lovers swooning over eachother, children, and goofy sunglasses. Um, please.

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 white45e

Hahahaha.

This trailer looks exactly like every FF game ever made, except with a lower budget. Same enemies, same fantasy, same plot....only SLIGHTLY less Japanese, probably in order to appeal to the predominantly western market on the 360 user base.

Not only am I not interested, I don't know how you possibly conceived of this being different from the FF franchise or not being about "girls and boys." In this trailer, there was a love song, two lovers swooning over eachother, children, and goofy sunglasses. Um, please.

BobHipJames

1) main character doesnt look like a little boy/girl

2) the women actually look like women and not little girls

3) drama is good as long as its mature

4) the glasses look geeky but atleast he doesnt have blond hair

5) children are fine as long as your whole party doesnt consist of them like final fantasy games

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 white45e
[QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="Kratos_OMEGA"][QUOTE="white45e"]

[QUOTE="nicenator"]Wasn't this the game Lemmings swore up and down last month wasn't hyped as an FF killer?Kratos_OMEGA

Dude STHU seriously. I spent 108 hours on FFXII, it was addicting as hell....the PREVIOUS FF games i liekd but i played most of them for STORY. I would never level up a character to lv 60+ because it was soo boring and pointless. Stupid random battles and TB system..i'm sick of it. The gambit system in FFXII was ingenious, especially for the challenge in doing all the mob hunts and stuff, also levelling up isn't a chore and is much faster.

FFXII's story wasn't that great i'll agree but it was still decent. And i'm not throwing sales because the game was still rated highly....GS gave it a 9 and other sites did too because they realised it was brave enough to change a formula which was starting to get boring and stale. If anything the FF series was getting crap after X-2(horrible game) and XII has revitilized the series.

I'm looking forward to LO but any idiot(not talking about your directly) thinking this game will kill FF series is kidding themselves. When LO becomes a multimillion selling franchise with a gigantic dedicated fanbase come back to me. LO won't be anything more than a great JRPG for 360. It's not even going to be a series.

ok cool you keep liking final fantasy but imo its gone down hill and wont even recover

huge fanbase and sales doesnt matter to me

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts
[QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="Kratos_OMEGA"][QUOTE="white45e"]

um dude, why are u talking about ff11?

the guy said ff12 was bad, not the mmo

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 white45e
[QUOTE="Kratos_OMEGA"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="Kratos_OMEGA"][QUOTE="white45e"]

[QUOTE="nicenator"]Wasn't this the game Lemmings swore up and down last month wasn't hyped as an FF killer?REforever101

in all fairness

Xll means 12

Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Scarletred
Member since 2006 • 3199 Posts
[QUOTE="Kratos_OMEGA"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="Kratos_OMEGA"][QUOTE="white45e"]

[QUOTE="nicenator"]Wasn't this the game Lemmings swore up and down last month wasn't hyped as an FF killer?REforever101

last time i checked, XII=12

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Hahahaha.

white45e

5) children are fine as long as your whole party doesnt consist of them like final fantasy games

Auron, Wakka, Kimahri, Cloud, Barrett, Vincent, Squall, Sephiroth....

I mean, come on, you're just outright lying at this point.

The last game made by this studio (Mistwalker) was EXCLUSIVELY starring children, and it was called Blue Dragon. It was a cartoony romp around fantasy land with dragons and children. Awesome. You own this thread.

AIH_PSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AIH_PSP
Member since 2005 • 2318 Posts
[QUOTE="1337-BOND-DAGER"]

white45e

and your opinion on how amazing this game is doesnt matter either.
white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 white45e
[QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Hahahaha.

BobHipJames

The last game made by this studio (Mistwalker) was EXCLUSIVELY starring children, and it was called Blue Dragon. It was a cartoony romp around fantasy land with dragons and children. Awesome. You own this thread.

7 and 10 were good no doubt about that but were talking about now.

x2 and 12 were horrible and i dont see 13 changing.

bluedragon is a completly different game and has nothing to do with LO

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts
[QUOTE="REforever101"][QUOTE="Kratos_OMEGA"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="Kratos_OMEGA"][QUOTE="white45e"]

[QUOTE="nicenator"]Wasn't this the game Lemmings swore up and down last month wasn't hyped as an FF killer?Scarletred

oh....my bad, i didnt see the X part, so i thought u typed FF11

whoops

also when i saw that you played ff12 for 108 hours i was a little misled to think that u were playing the mmo. but seriously, how they hell could you play that game that long?

is there really 108 hours worth of crap to do in it?

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 white45e
[QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="1337-BOND-DAGER"]

AIH_PSP

and your opinion on how amazing this game is doesnt matter either.

then dont post in my topic ?

thats the point of making threads so your opinion can be discussed so yes in here it does matter.

Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Scarletred
Member since 2006 • 3199 Posts
[QUOTE="Scarletred"][QUOTE="REforever101"][QUOTE="Kratos_OMEGA"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="Kratos_OMEGA"][QUOTE="white45e"]

whoops

also when i saw that you played ff12 for 108 hours i was a little mislead to think that u were playing the mmo. but seriously, how they hell could you play that game that long?

lol it wasn't me that typed the original post. All I did was interject.

Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kratos_OMEGA
[QUOTE="Scarletred"][QUOTE="REforever101"][QUOTE="Kratos_OMEGA"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="Kratos_OMEGA"][QUOTE="white45e"]

whoops

also when i saw that you played ff12 for 108 hours i was a little misled to think that u were playing the mmo. but seriously, how they hell could you play that game that long?

Yes. There is something called having an opinion but you're being totally ingnorant about it. Doing all the mob hunts in the game will take anyone 100 hours, there's fighitng all the secret Espers and getting some of the most powerful weapons. I didn't level every character, out of the 6 i levelled 4 of them over 80 and the other two were 40 and 50. And FFXI sucks.

MrGrimFandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 MrGrimFandango
Member since 2005 • 5286 Posts
[QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Hahahaha.

BobHipJames

Of course you didn't name the old school characters, you joined on the FF7 bandwagon amirite?

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Hahahaha.

MrGrimFandango

Of course you didn't name the old school characters, you joined on the FF7 bandwagon amirite?

Eh. Kind of. I only played FF1-3 on an emulator recently. The only character I remember from the SNES Japanese FF3 is...King Edgar or something? Prince Edgar?

He was blonde and had a pony tail. Lol. Don't blame me for this business, though, the first console I ever owned was a PS1 and the first game that I ever owned was Final Fantasy VII. And my brother had a Genesis.

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Hahahaha.

white45e

Self owned. If Blue Dragon has nothing to do with LO you can't judge FFXIII by its predecessors.

Blue Dragon also scored miserably on Gamespot. We're not talking about Chrono Trigger, we're talking about Blue Dragon! Teh lawls!

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 white45e
[QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"][QUOTE="white45e"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

Hahahaha.

BobHipJames

Self owned. If Blue Dragon has nothing to do with LO you can't judge FFXIII by its predecessors.

Blue Dragon also scored miserably on Gamespot. We're not talking about Chrono Trigger, we're talking about Blue Dragon! Teh lawls!

wait what ?

final fantasy 13 is a sequal which looks like 12 with better graphics and slightly more girl/man main character

blue dragon is completly different then lo and u can tell this by looking at any of the pictures.

jackvegas21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jackvegas21
Member since 2007 • 3157 Posts
Meh. Not on PS3. I'll pass.
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

Lol.

You obviously are out to prove your fanboism.

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

wait what ?

final fantasy 13 is a sequal which looks like 12 with better graphics and slightly more girl/man main character

white45e

Yeah you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 white45e

[QUOTE="white45e"]

wait what ?

Cedmln

Yeah you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

main character in ff12 looked like a chick

with better graphics ff13 will make man women look more female then ever before

Anti-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Anti-Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts
People are still looking forward for this garbage? :|