new Killzone 2 screenshots*56*

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
[QUOTE="_Pinbot_"]This is what people are hyping to have the best graphics for a console game? I fail to see the good graphics behind all that grey. -Mad_Rhetoric-
fanboys can see it, normal people can't

i don't think it will be console graphics king, but to say it doesn't have good graphics is a bit of an overstatement. I guess your unimpressed with resident evil's graphics too? Personally i think it will be no doubt one of the best looking console games, and definitely be brought up in great graphics arguments.
-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 -Mad_Rhetoric-
Member since 2008 • 1765 Posts
[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"][QUOTE="_Pinbot_"]This is what people are hyping to have the best graphics for a console game? I fail to see the good graphics behind all that grey. Mckenna1845
fanboys can see it, normal people can't

i don't think it will be console graphics king, but to say it doesn't have good graphics is a bit of an overstatement. I guess your unimpressed with resident evil's graphics too? Personally i think it will be no doubt one of the best looking console games, and definitely be brought up in great graphics arguments.

the quote says KZ2 has the best graphics, which I disagreed with, I never said the game doesn't look good
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
The grey colorless world really is original. My hat goes off to the guys at guerrilla for creating such an original experience.Gh0st_Of_0nyx
What? OH I almost forgot. War is all about pink colored armor, neon bursts of grenades, and guns firing neon green ammo. Not to mention the pink fairies who act as medics... or should I call them angels?
Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"][QUOTE="Mckenna1845"][QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"] fanboys can see it, normal people can't

the quote says KZ2 has the best graphics, which I disagreed with, I never said the game doesn't look good

"I fail to see the good graphics behind all that grey". - i was refering to that, and then your post seemed like you was agreeing, but if not fair enough, drinks all around?
-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 -Mad_Rhetoric-

[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]The grey colorless world really is original. My hat goes off to the guys at guerrilla for creating such an original experience.GodofBigMacs
What? OH I almost forgot. War is all about pink colored armor, neon bursts of grenades, and guns firing neon green ammo.

so ypur saying most battlefeilds are grey?

you might be color blind

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

[QUOTE="GodofBigMacs"][QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]The grey colorless world really is original. My hat goes off to the guys at guerrilla for creating such an original experience.-Mad_Rhetoric-

What? OH I almost forgot. War is all about pink colored armor, neon bursts of grenades, and guns firing neon green ammo.

you might be color blind

That's a desert environment while Killzone is more of an urban environment.

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 GodofBigMacs

[QUOTE="GodofBigMacs"][QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]The grey colorless world really is original. My hat goes off to the guys at guerrilla for creating such an original experience.-Mad_Rhetoric-

you might be color blind

Sorry but I remember WWII in Germany quite te opposite. Back in mah day, shun, I lawst twelve arms in dat war... sorry if I offended anyone, though. If you want that desert warfare, KZ2 has that, that is, if you did yoru research, you would have known that.
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]The grey colorless world really is original. My hat goes off to the guys at guerrilla for creating such an original experience.GodofBigMacs
What? OH I almost forgot. War is all about pink colored armor, neon bursts of grenades, and guns firing neon green ammo. Not to mention the pink fairies who act as medics... or should I call them angels?

See, that's fine. If a game did that and got it to WORK, it'd be awesome -- it's one of the reasons why I was so into PDZ before I found out it was a terrible game. :P The style had something about it. But I don't get why a stylized world like Killzone's isn't fine. It's just trollish to me. They're just on opposite sides of the spectrum, other than that it's logical for the game to look as it does.
-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 -Mad_Rhetoric-
[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]

[QUOTE="GodofBigMacs"] What? OH I almost forgot. War is all about pink colored armor, neon bursts of grenades, and guns firing neon green ammo.GodofBigMacs

you might be color blind

Sorry but I remember WWII in Germany quite te opposite. Back in mah day, shun, I lawst twelve arms in dat war... sorry if I offended anyone, though. If you want that desert warfare, KZ2 has that, that is, if you did yoru research, you would have known that.

but you were talking about war as a whole, not just WII germany

as for KZ2 desert warfare post a screen plz, since your the one claiming that

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

KZ2 is mostly urban. I don't think urban enviroments are full of vibrant colours during a WAR.

It has a desert level as well btw.

It's also rumoured to have a forest level.

Mad Rhetoric, edit your post, FAST.

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 urdead18

Killzone 2 desert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T3KHNGFu7g

Watch it in HD.

Edit your post, hurry up.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#63 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
I want to see it in motion. It looks like it will be stunning.
Solid_Snak3Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 Solid_Snak3Xx
Member since 2008 • 413 Posts
wow picking it up day one fo sho
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 GodofBigMacs
[QUOTE="GodofBigMacs"][QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]so ypur saying most battlefeilds are grey?

you might be color blind

-Mad_Rhetoric-

but you were talking about war as a whole, not just WII germany

as for KZ2 desert warfare post a screen plz, since your the one claiming that

Hmm I see no neon green ammo and pink armor there... :P

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 urdead18

No comment on the desert in KZ2 Mad Rhetoric?

Here it is again, and WATCH IT IN HD.

urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 urdead18

Riight.

Killzone 1 to Killzone 2 is probably the largest jump ever.

DennisHopperz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DennisHopperz
Member since 2008 • 304 Posts
Looks amazing, we only have to wait one more month. I'll love Killzone 2 forever. AAA is my hype and i'm sticking to it. This game looks amazing, not just the graphics either. Some websites said the a.i is very hard, didn't GS say they died countless times. The first person cover system, and I hear a lot of people talk about the DS3 and the rumble thats so amazing when using the guns in the game. We have a graphics king, good a.i, and good gameplay. Some complain about the colors, but I like the “ dark war theme” Killzone 2 has. I'm hoping for a jungle level as well. Also the variety of Helghast soldiers are cool, the red eyes look so awesome. I'm so excited for Killzone 2
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 GodofBigMacs
^Yeah, Gamespot said somethign like "it seems every balcony has a pair of red Helghast eyes staring down at you" or something. They also said that run n' gun won't get you far with the AI, and the cover lean n' peak system is necessary.
DennisHopperz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DennisHopperz
Killzone 1.5 confirmedMkavanaugh77
Just keep telling yourself that
Wartzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Wartzay
Member since 2006 • 2036 Posts
http://images.google.com/images?q=world+war+ii+color+photos&btnG=Search+Images
yellowandmushy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 yellowandmushy
Member since 2006 • 2095 Posts
I'm not sure how anyone could think Killzone 2 isn't the best looking console game so far. Sure, the aesthetic might not please you, but it is pushing tech like no other.
DennisHopperz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DennisHopperz
^Yeah, Gamespot said somethign like "it seems every balcony has a pair of red Helghast eyes staring down at you" or something. They also said that run n' gun won't get you far with the AI, and the cover lean n' peak system is necessary.GodofBigMacs
I like that, I hope its a creepy part in the game where all you see is the Helghast's red eyes and you're like underground with no light and you gotta run for your life and shoot anything in your way. That'd be awesome lol That sounds like Uncharted and Gears. I'm glad that you can't just run through a stage, you gotta take your time and use that cover system. I'm also glad the a.i isn't pathetic like many says it is.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 GodofBigMacs
http://images.google.com/images?q=world+war+ii+color+photos&btnG=Search+ImagesWartzay
Uh yeah, still poor examples. Keep thinking that war is colorful and golly ol' fun. :roll: Reminds me of President George W. Bush's thinking. Good thinking he won't be president in a few weeks.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 GodofBigMacs
[QUOTE="GodofBigMacs"]^Yeah, Gamespot said somethign like "it seems every balcony has a pair of red Helghast eyes staring down at you" or something. They also said that run n' gun won't get you far with the AI, and the cover lean n' peak system is necessary.DennisHopperz
I like that, I hope its a creepy part in the game where all you see is the Helghast's red eyes and you're like underground with no light and you gotta run for your life and shoot anything in your way. That'd be awesome lol That sounds like Uncharted and Gears. I'm glad that you can't just run through a stage, you gotta take your time and use that cover system. I'm also glad the a.i isn't pathetic like many says it is.

That'd simply freak me out. Because in R2, I hated it when you were all by yourself in either a dark house, or just simply by yourself... because then 1. you're the only target to the great chimeran AI. 2. you're the only target for... chameleons :(
IcEpicK22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 IcEpicK22
Member since 2008 • 58 Posts

Screens don't do any game justice, looks much much more better in motion.

And reply to Mad-Rhetoric:

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/915/915980/resident-evil-5-20081003100927671.jpg

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/760880/resident-evil-5/images/resident-evil-5-20080602092930705.html

Sorry i can't link..

-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 -Mad_Rhetoric-

No comment on the desert in KZ2 Mad Rhetoric?

Here it is again, and WATCH IT IN HD.

urdead18
very nice, looks alot better than urban imo
Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
It does look pretty nice, but it should considering how long its been in development.
Avatar image for deactivated-619c4c1a1a382
deactivated-619c4c1a1a382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#81 deactivated-619c4c1a1a382
Member since 2005 • 4956 Posts

This is incredible.

No other words for it.

Snowfox121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Snowfox121
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Looks good technically that's for sure.

Zero points for artistic value though.

Just because you're going for the whole bleak war torn look doesn't mean you can't add SOME flair. The game looks impressive enough, but nothing to drool over.

Snowfox121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Snowfox121
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
But it does look very, very good in motion. Very good indeed.
drj077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 drj077
Member since 2003 • 8375 Posts

From the mouths of the Gamespot Elitists during their playthrough of the first 6 missions:

"Finally, with this being Killzone 2, we would be remiss if we didn't mention the graphics--or more specifically, how awesome they are. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to say Killzone 2 is the best-looking console game we've seen."

MotoJ19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 MotoJ19
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts
These gifs do a good job of showing off the bland and uninspiring gameplay of this game.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 GodofBigMacs
It does look pretty nice, but it should considering how long its been in development.Zero5000X
Does anyone know if that infamous E3 2005 trailer was the actual engine or not? Because Guerilla claimed it was.
MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts
[QUOTE="Zero5000X"]It does look pretty nice, but it should considering how long its been in development.GodofBigMacs
Does anyone know if that infamous E3 2005 trailer was the actual engine or not? Because Guerilla claimed it was.

they've long since revoked that claim, and if I remember correctly the guy who made the CGI trailer exposed it. Sony did a similar thing wwith the motorstorm games doesn't matter though the game looks just as good if not better
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts
Same old, same old, this bores me just looking at it.
CB4McGusto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 CB4McGusto
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

Here's some more gifs for ya.

urdead18

:shock:

IF THIS GAME GETS AAA I SWEAR, I WILL SELL MY 360 ALONG WITH ALL MY GAMES FOR A PS3 AND KILLZONE 2!!!!! BET ON IT!!!!

P.S. Those gif's gave me a hard on!:oops:

Avatar image for CheckingAvailab
CheckingAvailab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 CheckingAvailab
Member since 2008 • 393 Posts
Why is it that sony fanboys bash Gears for being too grey while kz2 is way more colourless
sxs_alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#91 sxs_alex
Member since 2007 • 933 Posts
[QUOTE="urdead18"]

Here's some more gifs for ya.

CB4McGusto

:shock:

IF THIS GAME GETS AAA I SWEAR, I WILL SELL MY 360 ALONG WITH ALL MY GAMES FOR A PS3 AND KILLZONE 2!!!!! BET ON IT!!!!

P.S. Those gif's gave me a hard on!:oops:

of course this game will get AAA. Those that wants it to flop are fanboys and mad haters who carry a rainbow flag behind their back.
GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

Didn't read past page 2, but I think its been understood that MGS4 is the current graphics king, awarded so by GS and multiple other gaming sites. So lets please keep down the rhetoric of Gears2 being it please. But it will soon be replaced by KZ2 come febuary, but none the less a great run for MGS4.

Loving the new pics and from here on out I'm trying not to look at any new screens or gameplay footage guys, so quit posting them lol. Feb. just want come fast enough :)

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#93 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
I think there's a reason people post gifs, because it doesn't look too good still.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Killzone 1.5 confirmedMkavanaugh77
you know the first one was a PS2 game :|
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Hope this game is good.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
I think there's a reason people post gifs, because it doesn't look too good still.EuroMafia
you can't appreciate physics in pics, and this game relies heavily in those
Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#97 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

I think there's a reason people post gifs, because it doesn't look too good still.EuroMafia

Actually, I think it's to remind people that Killzone 2 is in fact a game, and not a collection of pictures on an internet forum. Because, looking at the way they strut around with the same 20 or so screenshots in every thread, you'd get the impression that it is.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#98 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
They have matched the CGI.. well, maybe, I haven't checked.
nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 nc_soldier
Member since 2004 • 789 Posts
[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]Killzone 1.5 confirmedGiancar
you know the first one was a PS2 game :|

ANd this is the best looking console game so far... so I guess that pretty much means re5 is actually re4.3, gears 2 is gears 1.05 and r2 is r1.1
tOtalPWNaAe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 tOtalPWNaAe
Member since 2008 • 3375 Posts
They have matched the CGI.. well, maybe, I haven't checked.EuroMafia
where did you get this GIF from????? its awesome