New Infamous screens

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Sucker Punch is NOT known for pushing graphics. Look at Infamous 1, it was hideous, and Infamous 2 was average and even weak in some areas.

The game looks fine, but obviously nothing to brag about.

What Im worry about is how much more of an improvement this game will be. Infamous 1-2 were great and all but there is nothing to do but just missions. You cant go into buildings, you dont have vehicles, you dont have gadgets and stuff, you can swim, not environment interactions, no destruction (other that cars blowing up), etc. They are very limiting for an open world game.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@TruthArisen said:

Wonder Woman states.

"Envy has taken you, mortal."

I'm not sure how I can envy something I'll eventually own one day. I just don't see the value in it currently, nor do I see anything worth getting excited over in this game besides the graphics. And we all know how getting excited over graphics ends up.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
@Nengo_Flow said:

Sucker Punch is NOT known for pushing graphics. Look at Infamous 1, it was hideous, and Infamous 2 was average and even weak in some areas.

What Im worry about is how much more of an improvement this game will be. Infamous 1-2 were great and all but there is nothing to do but just missions. You cant go into buildings, you dont have vehicles, you dont have gadgets and stuff, you can swim, not environment interactions, no destruction (other that cars blowing up), etc. They are very limiting for an open world game.

Holy shit, a voice of reason.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17462 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

You and your objective reasoning can burn in hell!!

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#57  Edited By Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@olliescouse: My god!! DO WANT!!! This game can't get here soon enough! As an infamous fan and a gamer I am amazed by those screens!

raging_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 raging_user
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

still sad to see them hiding the little to no view distance and the serious lack of high rises

because i would love to do this, and not just off of one building

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

lol,it has better textures than ryse!

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@crimsonman1245: lol butthurt confirmed.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

From IGN

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/11/11/our-first-time-playing-infamous-second-son

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#62 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

Holy crap people shut up with the graphics already, it's infamous so the game is gonna be freaking amazing

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By AM-Gamer

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

Looks better than anything currently on PC. The Quad truly is a next gen beast.

lol i love that Gif!

Although honestly it is one of the best looking games around period. Especially when you factor in the scale.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 AM-Gamer

@Nengo_Flow said:

Have you even played Infamous? You can literally interact with about everything in the environment, from your ability to shoot a peace of garbage on the street to the ability to climb every building. The graphics are also Amazing on this game an every preview has stated that. IGN just saw a new build of the game and they said it looks outstanding.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Looks pretty damn good for a 1st gen open world game.

this one in particular

The graphics will probably be downgraded from that. However, even without a downgrade, the graphics still don't look as good as Ryse. Graphics are about more than just high resolution. Much much much more.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#66 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Looks ok

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Looks damn good! Any confirmation on res and framerate? My guess is 1080p/30.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

Hyped for this. I wanna see the draw distance though. Like from a certain viewpoint.

murray69murray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#69 murray69murray
Member since 2013 • 127 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

@Gue1 said:

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Looks pretty damn good for a 1st gen open world game.

this one in particular

The graphics will probably be downgraded from that. However, even without a downgrade, the graphics still don't look as good as Ryse. Graphics are about more than just high resolution. Much much much more.

This one is a bull actually. Either that or it's being ran on some monster resolution and then it got downscaled or something. I don't remember any single game running on a resolution higher than 1080p.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

It looks amazing......and better than any game on the XBone.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71  Edited By PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

@walloftruth said:

Of course the first picture looks better, it's from Crysis 1 PC exclusive, not the bullsh*t consolized Crysis 2. And I'm not insulting you bro, I just dislike console kids, they ruin gaming with their yearly purchases of craptastic games like CoD while great games like Age of Empires or other great PC exclusives get forgotten.

I feel bad for people who are actually serious about this pc master race agenda. For one thing we don't get pc exclusives like crysis anymore because the industry has proven a game made purely with graphical technologies thrown into it doesn't make a great game nor does it sell. I'm not sure what you see in that first screenshot but I personally think it looks very plain, its all foliage. Crysis 1 was a very boring game, I played it on a high end pc, say what you will about the graphics but it was honestly a pretty plain experience because of it's pseudo-sandbox gameplay.

Age of Empires was killed by microsoft, not by the console players who prefer CoD experiences over everything else like you presumed. If you're this negative about the imaginary movements in the industry you should probably realize there's an issue with yourself, if you can't even do that then try picking up another hobby.

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

Looks very good and a great leap from the first two instalments. Never really got into the infamous series and the second is still sitting in plastic at home. New lead character seems a little annoying also. Sure it'll be a great game just not really a system seller for me.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

"These graphics only look slightly better than PS3/360 graphics"

Guys i was being sarcastic lol.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#74 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Looks amazing for a fully open world launch game. And yes 1080p ^^ lems know what that is right? xD

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Screenshots don´t mean anything today. They can be improved with photoshop or be made on a really powerful PC. Let me know when you have real stuff like HD gameplay videos (that, once again, are not made on a powerful pc but that run on a real PS4 ).

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@crimsonman1245 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

That´s too late. You have been sentenced to death by your fellow cows.

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

inFamous is not GTA or Arkham City. You haven't actually played the games have you? It's pretty much an open world platforming game with tps elements. Not a sandbox. And of course you couldn't swin in inFamous 1 and 2, Cole is an electric man -_-

inFamous 2, as an open world, is on par with the visuals of arkham city and gta 5.

No environment interactions? You can climb on top of anything in the first two games. Everything apart from buildings are destructible. The lampost, traffic lights, cars all destructible. Even some buildings in the second one was destructible.

You haven't played either infamous games have you?

Anyways, this looks amazing. Hopefully each power gives a different feel and not just a reskinned power. That was a major complaint I had with the fire and ice ones in the second game.

Consternated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Consternated
Member since 2013 • 848 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Once you look past all the pretty lighting effects, the textures seem pretty muddy.

Consolites are easily fooled.

Anyway, the overall effect is nice. Sadly, Infamous is boring.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#79 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Mmmm. Mama. Nice images.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

Looks better than anything currently on PC. The Quad truly is a next gen beast.

lol i love that Gif!

Although honestly it is one of the best looking games around period. Especially when you factor in the scale.

Yes it does look good. I look forward to owning it.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@crimsonman1245 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

Meh hard to tell in text and even harder now that GS thought it was a good idea to remove emoticons.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

The game won't look like that, I mean it will look close but press released shots are almost always bullshots.

I do love the colours and lighting though. Textures are a bit "meh" but it's open world so it's expected

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#83  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9901 Posts

It's a game that will show off a lot of the eye-candy spectacle that wasn't possible on this gen. Looking forward to it.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@StriateEnd said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

inFamous is not GTA or Arkham City. You haven't actually played the games have you? It's pretty much an open world platforming game with tps elements. Not a sandbox. And of course you couldn't swin in inFamous 1 and 2, Cole is an electric man -_-

inFamous 2, as an open world, is on par with the visuals of arkham city and gta 5.

No environment interactions? You can climb on top of anything in the first two games. Everything apart from buildings are destructible. The lampost, traffic lights, cars all destructible. Even some buildings in the second one was destructible.

You haven't played either infamous games have you?

Anyways, this looks amazing. Hopefully each power gives a different feel and not just a reskinned power. That was a major complaint I had with the fire and ice ones in the second game.

I played both of them.

their level of environment interactivity are very simple and few (things that were done in PS2 games).

But I guess you are right, they are not sandbox games.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#85 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Looks beautiful... I'm looking forward to this game a great deal. I want to see if Infamous can rebound after the floptastic Infamous 2. This looks like a step in the right direction.

Infamous 2 was leaps and bounds more enjoyable than 1 IMO.

Oh and these must be bullshots or something because that looks AMAZING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-594be627b82ba

@good_sk8er7: My opinion is the complete opposite, I thought that gameplay wises infamous was better than infamous 2. Infamous 2 was too easy on the hardest difficulty, too many missions about killing X number of enemies, the boss fights were horrible, story was not as interesting less platforming. Though it did have better enemy type, better graphics and music

gta50419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 gta50419
Member since 2010 • 350 Posts

Wow these grapics looks almost better then killzone if that's gameplay

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#88 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

@da_illest101 said:

@good_sk8er7: My opinion is the complete opposite, I thought that gameplay wises infamous was better than infamous 2. Infamous 2 was too easy on the hardest difficulty, too many missions about killing X number of enemies, the boss fights were horrible, story was not as interesting less platforming. Though it did have better enemy type, better graphics and music

I enjoyed the whole experience more personally. But you're definitely not alone in your opinion. The first one was a really great game too, the second just barely beat it for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-594be627b82ba

@good_sk8er7: yeah I get your opinion too. I enjoyed infamous 2, just a bit less than the first

NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 NameIess_One
Member since 2013 • 1077 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

I'm trying to be critical and remain unswayed by the fancy bullshots that seem to have so many enamored with the graphics. The inFAMOUS games are known for good gameplay, but I think too much focus is being placed on graphics, and this game could end up being a nice-looking retread of the previous two titles, and disappoint a lot of people.

I agree... inFamous games are good fun, but hardly visual powerhouses... especially the first game, which is ugly as sin. inFamous 2 fortunately improved the visuals, brought in some color, but I still remember it being severely plagued by aliasing issues...

In these shots, the thing that stands out the most for me are the particle effects, while the environments look fairly average. Going by the shots, a good looking game, but nothing extraordinary.