NEW GT5 Footage with AWESOME DAMAGE and Wicked Graphics

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheCoreGamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheCoreGamer_
Member since 2009 • 767 Posts

http://www.vgarabia.com/2009/09/19/gt5-destruction-derby-footage/

This looks amazing.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

The damage improved I see.

munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
Yeah, I saw it. Looks interesting. The damage, graphically, looks only decent. Though the affects crashing on the car looks pretty significant. It seems like toward the under the car was nearly un-drivable
makincopies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 makincopies
Member since 2009 • 694 Posts
agreed
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

It's same as GamesCom :(

TheCoreGamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheCoreGamer_

The damage improved I see.

RadecSupreme
omg look at 3:00 when the other car blows his door off.
Avatar image for devilsoultaker2
devilsoultaker2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 devilsoultaker2
Member since 2009 • 904 Posts
Teh Wall acts like ...Eh Yawn
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
That looks terrible. He went full speed into a 90 degree corner, smashed the wall and lost no speed :?
nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

The grraphics are so good in that demo. I mean so good. It is like godly compared to gt5 prologue. Best graphics I've ever seen.

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

I dont get it, why is there no structural damage to the car...no dents, all I see are doors and bumpers.

TheCoreGamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheCoreGamer_

I dont get it, why is there no structural damage to the car...no dents, all I see are doors and bumpers.

Kahuna_1
there was..
G-O-M-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 G-O-M-J
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts
This is the same as before, it still looks rubbish next to forza 3.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
It looks the same with just a few tires and signs to crash into.
Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

The damage is lame, hopefully those types of impacts will leave the car unable to move in the final release.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
He ran straight into an oncoming car at the end and the car he hit barely lost any speed...
Avatar image for _Peoples_Champ_
_Peoples_Champ_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 _Peoples_Champ_
Member since 2002 • 4695 Posts

I see that thrashing cars won't affect the drive ability of the car, after like some heavy hits cars still drive as if they came from the show room floors.

No penalty for driving like a maniac.:roll:

Rob-Belmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rob-Belmont
Member since 2009 • 1350 Posts

At least the song was good, I can't wait to play that in Forza 3 with the magic of custom soundtracks.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

The damage modeling is beyond terrible at this point in time.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Didnt they say damage vary with the types of car? Like some wont really take any at all.

Im not a dev but, i really dont know why this is even a problem. Whats so hard about making cars get damaged?

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#20 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
Why is it that this series never wants to damage it's cars. All of the other racers do it, yet GT can't?
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kahuna_1

[QUOTE="Kahuna_1"]

TheCoreGamer_

there was..

Where? He had a head on collision and his bumper is hanging..that is it. The frame of the car should be caving in along with the hood going at that speed.

Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nidget
Member since 2009 • 1325 Posts
Wow, that just proves how last gen GT5 really is.
Nero_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nero_Paladin
Member since 2007 • 1099 Posts

I would like to know how old this build is because there are one or two things (collision detection mostly) that don't look quite right. But I suppose it doesn't matter because TGS is in a few days and all will be revealed.

2uneek4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 2uneek4u
Member since 2006 • 2548 Posts

feels like im playing pinball, bouncing off walls hahah Big lol at first corner. he didnt even lose speed.

damage has no dents or scratches. what a shame gt5 will turn out to be

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nhh18

Forza 2 is the exact same though. You see dents after running into a wall 100 miles hour. Every game is like this. I don't understand the complaints at all. Because there are no games besides F1 2007 that will tell you to restart the level because of damage. Do you honestly want the game to tell you to tell you to restart the game because you screwed up and hit a wall? Because that is basically what you guys are complaining that the damagae isn't realistic. But which game has realistic damage?

TheCoreGamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheCoreGamer_
lol so many haters.
ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ThePRAssassin
Member since 2009 • 1344 Posts

LOL.

What the hell was that? Looks like GT5 graphics with Need For Speed gameplay. What a joke.

Bu..bu..teh 16 carz!

Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nidget
Member since 2009 • 1325 Posts

Forza 2 is the exact same though. You see dents after running into a wall 100 miles hour. Every game is like this. I don't understand the complaints at all. Because there are no games besides F1 2007 that will tell you to restart the level because of damage. Do you honestly want the game to tell you to tell you to restart the game because you screwed up and hit a wall? Because that is basically what you guys are complaining that the damagae isn't realistic. But which game has realistic damage?

nhh18
Actually GRID does that. Though theres a rewind feature.
nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

Nidget

Actually GRID does that. Though theres a rewind feature.

It is a little hypocritical because I'm pretty sure forza 3 is going to be the exact same.

devilsoultaker2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 devilsoultaker2
What the *** PD is doing to the GT Franchise They still live in the Past !
Wubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wubba
Member since 2009 • 173 Posts

I see that wall riding still is faster than taking the corner properly. AI rams into the back of the car...dissapointing. Oh well, GT will at least always have great graphics.

II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 II-FBIsniper-II

nhh18
If you crash into a wall going 100mph in Forza 2, you might as well restart unless you want to finish the rest of the race going 5 mph.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

This is the same as before, it still looks rubbish next to forza 3.G-O-M-J

How could the damage modeling look any worse than on forza. Panels still don't come off in that game, they just deform slightly and get scratched, just like forza 2.

Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

nhh18

If you run into a wall at 100 mph in Forza 2 you might not see complete deformation of the car but the non-cosmetic damage will be severe. The game won't force you to restart but your car will be hard to control and slow... if you hit a wall hard enough you can barely go faster than 10 mph.

The problem with GT5's damage so far is that the cars performance isn't reduced enough. Hopefully PD will do something about that before releasing the final version.

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Kahuna_1

lol so many haters.TheCoreGamer_

I am a huge GT fan and I am buying this game day 1, I am just confused about what PD has been improving on since 2007..

devilsoultaker2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 devilsoultaker2

nhh18
Are you Sure you Played Forza 2 !!! Coz this All BS
TheCoreGamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheCoreGamer_

[QUOTE="G-O-M-J"]This is the same as before, it still looks rubbish next to forza 3.Leejjohno

How could the damage modeling look any worse than on forza. Panels still don't come off in that game, they just deform slightly and get scratched, just like forza 2.

wow is that really how forzas damage is? just scratches? wow..
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
That looks terrible. He went full speed into a 90 degree corner, smashed the wall and lost no speed :?Couth_
Thankyou. Lol. I am glad am not the only person who saw that.
djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
Looks perfect to me, i dont care about damage anyways and will turn it off.
2uneek4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 2uneek4u
Member since 2006 • 2548 Posts

even forza 2 beats gt5 in physics here and here

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

Tezcatlipoca666

If you run into a wall at 100 mph in Forza 2 you might not see complete deformation of the car but the non-cosmetic damage will be severe. The game won't force you to restart but your car will be hard to control and slow... if you hit a wall hard enough you can barely go faster than 10 mph.

The problem with GT5's damage so far is that the cars performance isn't reduced enough. Hopefully PD will do something about that before releasing the final version.

Yeah, I know. But your car would not be moving if you hit 100 mph wall. It will be destroyed permanently.

II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 II-FBIsniper-II

[QUOTE="Tezcatlipoca666"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

nhh18

Yeah, I know. But your car would not be moving if you hit 100 mph wall. It will be destroyed permanently.

Sadly, manufacturers do not allow game developers to do that.
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
Awesome damage?? Were we watching the same video?
2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#44 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

i have never understood how you guys look at racing games, the game looks very fine to me, no complaints at all, can anyone enlighten me??what do you see that i dun???

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="Tezcatlipoca666"]

II-FBIsniper-II

Sadly, manufacturers do not allow game developers to do that.

No. I think the main reasosn is because the game would be frusterating because it relies to heavily on multiplayer experience. Yeah if every car is invisible that may be cool. But getting smashed by another car because the other player is a jerk and ending up resetting is not a great experience tbh.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nhh18

i have never understood how you guys look at racing games, the game looks very fine to me, no complaints at all, can anyone enlighten me??what do you see that i dun???

2mrw

It is a forza 3 v. gt5 topic. It is where forza 3 fanboys usually blast gt5 because it is a ps3 exclusive and the other is a xbox 360 exclusive. If you saw awesome forza 3 damage the same exact thing will occur with cows instead of lemmings

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

No. I think the main reasosn is because the game would be frusterating because it relies to heavily on multiplayer experience. Yeah if every car is invisible that may be cool. But getting smashed by another car because the other player is a jerk and ending up resetting is not a great experience tbh.

nhh18

FBI is right. The manufacturers only allow damage to a certain extent. Developers have done a great job of getting around restrictions, finding loopholes and what not. But they are extremely limited by manufacturers. It doesn't matter if it's multiplayer or not. You can always turn the damage to cosmetic or off for multiplayer

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Ok wtf... Thats seposed to be some hardcore race sim!?!?!

Omg i think ill just get Dirt2 or Shift.

Ninten007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ninten007
Member since 2005 • 3129 Posts

I dont know what you guys are complaining about. Its a video game first of all and it is not going to be 100% realistic and we know auto establishments do not approve of having their cars torn up in a game.

Seriously the people complaining about this should understand if your car hits a wall that fast, the car is dead, and the driver has flown out of the window. If you want a game like that be my guest, but it will be frustrating to nail every tight corner without doing so.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Am I the only one who noticed that the driver was running along the walls with no degradation to performance or speed? And then all subsequent damage did nothing to slow the performance of the car? Is this what Polyphony calls "damage?" Its so... 1999. I guess its better than no cosmetic damage...