New console help please

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dustinbarnes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dustinbarnes
Member since 2009 • 93 Posts

I'm about to buy my first gaming console but I cant decide which would be a better choice?

Please, i'm just looking for biased opinions and facts. I'm not trying to start arguments that will never be solved.

I'm just wondering which console looks to have a brighter future

Some of my questions are which console has better graphics, more content, and so on?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

I'm about to buy my first gaming console but I cant decide which would be a better choice?

Please, i'm just looking for biased opinions and facts. I'm not trying to start arguments that will never be solved.

Some of my questions are which console has better graphics, more content, and so on?

dustinbarnes

well, you have come to the right place!

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

dustinbarnes
Well, for brighter future: PS3. It has many more games planned for the future at the moment, and is on the up and up. Better graphics? PS3, but mainly only for exclusive titles. More content? I'd say its a tie between the 360 and PS3. 360 offers a lot of stuff with its Live online stuff, but the PS3 has a larger variety of features outside of gaming that matches the 360's stuff. As for other stuff: Most for your money: PS3 (by a lot) Online Gaming: 360 (but you have to pat for it. PS3 you don't) Single Player Gaming: Wii and PS3 tie Really it comes down to what TYPE of game you want. Shooters and racing games are dominant on the 360. PS3 has a good amount variety of genres and experiences to choose from within it's top titles. The Wii has more arcade like games (can be fun, but doesn't have much depth in the game) with the exception of a few of their long time franchises. I'd suggest getting an idea of what you like before buying in regards to genre before you commit to any purchase.
dustinbarnes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dustinbarnes
[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="dustinbarnes"]

So what do you think about it? Im more of a mature/hardcore gamer than anything else. Which do you is better for me and which do you think has a brighter future?

Ironbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ironbash
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

PS3 if you want excellent variety of single-player games

Xbox 360 if you want epic multiplayer

dustinbarnes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dustinbarnes
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="dustinbarnes"]

Well, for brighter future: PS3. It has many more games planned for the future at the moment, and is on the up and up. Better graphics? PS3, but mainly only for exclusive titles. More content? I'd say its a tie between the 360 and PS3. 360 offers a lot of stuff with its Live online stuff, but the PS3 has a larger variety of features outside of gaming that matches the 360's stuff. As for other stuff: Most for your money: PS3 (by a lot) Online Gaming: 360 (but you have to pat for it. PS3 you don't) Single Player Gaming: Wii and PS3 tie Really it comes down to what TYPE of game you want. Shooters and racing games are dominant on the 360. PS3 has a good amount variety of genres and experiences to choose from within it's top titles. The Wii has more arcade like games (can be fun, but doesn't have much depth in the game) with the exception of a few of their long time franchises. I'd suggest getting an idea of what you like before buying in regards to genre before you commit to any purchase.

Thanks! Thats some useful info bro. Im more into shooters and rpgs than anything
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts
[QUOTE="dustinbarnes"][QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="dustinbarnes"]

Thanks! Thats some useful info bro. Im more into shooters and rpgs than anything

Well, that set is more tuned towards the PC crowd. If you'd be willing to invest in getting a good gaming PC, you'd be set. Its not a console, but still. Though JRPGs are easily at their best on the DS, if that makes a difference.
TheRealLisaAnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 TheRealLisaAnn
Member since 2010 • 160 Posts

In b4 teh lock.

I think you should buy all 3 consoles and both handhelds. Just because the more, the merrier.

Then you can make your own decision. Come back to tell us which one.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

PC if you have the money (About $500-$600 for a good rig). Excells at everything excep JRPG's, though there are a few indie ones makign it over.

Otherwise I would say the PS3. It has the most consistent line up of exclusives, about par with the PC this year at least, and has either the same or slightly better graphics than the 360 in msot cases.

It's also the best console companion to any other systems you mgiht get in the future.

IMHO: Anyone hwo considers themselves a serious gamer, who's hobby is gaming should have:

1. A gaming PC

2. A console either is fine, but the PS3 offers the most exclusive counterparts, IMHO. The Wii is also a good choice.

3. a portable paltform like the DS or even an ipad/iphon/ipod touch.

Otherwise you are missing out.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="dustinbarnes"]

So what do you think about it? Im more of a mature/hardcore gamer than anything else. Which do you is better for me and which do you think has a brighter future?

dustinbarnes

Oh... man.... must... catch... breath... laughing... too... hard...

dustinbarnes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dustinbarnes

[QUOTE="dustinbarnes"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]well, you have come to the right place!

Vari3ty

Hey **** you! i think thats pretty funny you little ****in nerd.

BigBoss154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BigBoss154
Member since 2009 • 2956 Posts

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

[QUOTE="dustinbarnes"]dustinbarnes

Hey relax, guy.

right4dead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 right4dead
Member since 2010 • 1062 Posts

wow you are late.

anyways, get a ps3, this year is packed with awesome exclusives, it already has a huge library of games and offers the most variety.

360 is just for FPS.

if its your first console get a ps3 it offers the most variety.

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 edo-tensei
Member since 2007 • 4581 Posts
[QUOTE="Ironbash"]

PS3 if you want excellent variety of single-player games

Xbox 360 if you want epic multiplayer

You'll find both in both.
edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 edo-tensei
Member since 2007 • 4581 Posts
[QUOTE="dustinbarnes"]

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

dustinbarnes

easy there pumkin pie
DerpyMcDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 DerpyMcDerp
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

You sound like a Wii kinda guy, get the Wii.

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts

You sound like a Wii kinda guy, get the Wii.

DerpyMcDerp
Considering the stream of profanity, he seems like he's more in the 360 crowd.
Snakemaster9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Snakemaster9
Member since 2010 • 1420 Posts

Get the iPhone. Infinity Blade, Doodle Jump, Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, a lot of RPGS. What can beat this?!?

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
The wii is the answer to all of those.