New Bioshock Gameplay Trailer

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Hunting the Big Daddy The title should be: Bioshock looks good, no one suprised.
her0_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 her0_54
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts
It's about damn time we got a new video! Bioshock is definetley gonna prove that there doesn't need to be a summer game drought.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DaysAirlines
Oh and yes by the way: That little girl is drinking blood. That's what they do.
FVK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FVK
Member since 2002 • 90 Posts
Iwas scarred shxtless before. Now, I have moved on to realizing I will turn into a different gamer when I play this. A much more feral, disturbed creature of gaming. I might not talk to anyone until I beat this game for fear I might do or say something that burst through from my Bioshock subconcious and permenantly damages our relationship. As Fishbone frontman, Angelo Moore, once said, "Sorry mom, I just had to do it." Viva la Xbox360.  
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

Oh and yes by the way: That little girl is drinking blood. That's what they do.DaysAirlines

"OH YES...there will be blood......."

metalmonkey268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 metalmonkey268
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts
Eh. I'm not very impressed by that. It looks stiff and awkward. I don't know how someone can get excited over something like that.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaysAirlines
That part at the end when you have to kill the little girl when she is crying and crawling away from you is the most horrifying thing I've ever seen.
DS_fan_atic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DS_fan_atic
Member since 2005 • 4078 Posts
I actually think this game looks very good...it has it's own ecosystem which puts it a step above most others
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
Eh. I'm not very impressed by that. It looks stiff and awkward. I don't know how someone can get excited over something like that.metalmonkey268
I'm gonna assume that was either flamebait or sarcasm.
metalmonkey268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 metalmonkey268
[QUOTE="metalmonkey268"]Eh. I'm not very impressed by that. It looks stiff and awkward. I don't know how someone can get excited over something like that.InsaneBasura

Maybe I'm just weird, but I don't see anything interesting about the gameplay from that video.
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts

This looks absolutely awesome. I just have a hunch though that this may be an AO candidate game. Still though, as there's no sex in this game there will probably be an M rating in america. Even though that last part was sick.

Oh, and thanks for posting this!

iammason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 iammason
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts
Few things I don't get. Why is the little girl drinking blood? Whats with that thing the person was squeezing? How did the robots fall down, then get back up and help him? And why is he going to kill the little girl?
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"][QUOTE="metalmonkey268"]Eh. I'm not very impressed by that. It looks stiff and awkward. I don't know how someone can get excited over something like that.metalmonkey268

Maybe I'm just weird, but I don't see anything interesting about the gameplay from that video.

really? did you see the walktrough from last year? man, i think this game is something different. not a mindless action packed shooter, nut a psychologicall thriller. You need to think tactical to survive in this game. And every body wants the same...
her0_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 her0_54
Few things I don't get. Why is the little girl drinking blood? Whats with that thing the person was squeezing? How did the robots fall down, then get back up and help him? And why is he going to kill the little girl?iammason

1. The blood in the person contains Adam, a genetically powerful substance. The girl is genetically modified so she can turn the Adam into a reusable substance called Eve.
2.A person sneezing I guess. That's it.
3.After the robots were damadged significantly enough, they fell down. The person hacked into them, and reactivated them so they would offer protection from the enemies.
4. So he can get the Eve from her.

Now do you get everything?
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
Few things I don't get. Why is the little girl drinking blood? Whats with that thing the person was squeezing? How did the robots fall down, then get back up and help him? And why is he going to kill the little girl?iammason
it's a substance called ADAM... everybody wants it there, and needs it.. and you can play enemies against each other. Yu can make them think some else is attacking them, so you can let them fight it out.. and not you. brilliant. watch the walktrough from last year. they explain it in there.
ps3gen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ps3gen
Member since 2005 • 2023 Posts
i dont see anythin great about this game...boring!!
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts

i dont see anythin great about this game...boring!!ps3gen
You don't like thinking before you act? Did you see what he had to do to get the big daddy down? Imagine getting attacked by two, you'd have to be a genius!

Oh, and shooting a gas tank to set fire to a teddy bear with which you set big daddy on fire, that's what I call awesome.

neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 neogeo419
Member since 2006 • 1474 Posts
Your name makes your opinion worth nothing on this topic.
ps3gen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ps3gen
Member since 2005 • 2023 Posts
[QUOTE="ps3gen"]i dont see anythin great about this game...boring!!neogeo419
Your name makes your opinion worth nothing on this topic.

i been around forum there is a lot  people that  isnt even excited for this game..it looks ok but if i have a 360 this game  will just be a rent..
meggido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 meggido
Member since 2005 • 16980 Posts
There was a trailer awhile back that showed the Big Daddy drilling through the player's hand. This should be a pretty horrifying game, it certainly has the atmosphere.
Avatar image for Hammerofjustice
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hammerofjustice
Member since 2006 • 2685 Posts
Nothing great about this game. Reminds me of Half-life 2's gravity gun though.
neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 neogeo419
Nothing great about this game. Reminds me of Half-life 2's gravity gun though.Hammerofjustice
LOL:lol:. Ok I saw nothing resembling HL2 in this.
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hammerofjustice
[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"]Nothing great about this game. Reminds me of Half-life 2's gravity gun though.neogeo419

seriously when he uses his hand to telekinetic grab stuff and shoot it forward?
Jack-Thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jack-Thompson
Member since 2006 • 1028 Posts

Nothing great about this game. Reminds me of Half-life 2's gravity gun though.Hammerofjustice

Did you think before you typed?

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 InsaneBasura
I don't get it. One must be truly blind to not notice and appreciate the concentrated awesome that Bioshock is made out of. The game reeks of atmosphere. The combination of the art design, animations and the brilliant audio design makes the game excel past anything I've ever seen in a game. The dynamics between the Little Sister and Mr. Bubbles is also unlike anything I've ever seen. It's like there's a bond between them. No other game has managed to portray such an impression of an actual relationship between NPC's. Overall there's just a great sense of place. For this reason I think the game is nothing short of revolutionary. And I'd say a big part of the gameplay will be just exploring this place. The other part will be to experiment/interact with the objects and characters inhabiting it. It's a freeform game, you can (largely) do what you want when you want. Altering yourself, objects and the AI to fit your needs is what makes the gameplay differ from your standard FPS. As is shown in the demonstration you can aquire certain skills through the use of plasmids. Telekinesis, so you can toss burning teddybears at people. A disgusting squishy, pus-filled pheromone ball growing out of your hand, teleporting and a speed boost are some of the skills you can aquire. Should spawn a ton of different tactics and experiences. Beyond that I think the story and what else lies ahead is unknown.
marolia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#26 marolia
Member since 2004 • 4030 Posts
The graphics looks awesome in this game.
air0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 air0123
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts
I can't wait for this game, been excited about it since the 15 minutes walkthrough. But this new video makes the game seem crazy as hell. All the different way to attack or not attack, and all the different things going on. Not only does the game look gorgous, but the game plays look amazing.
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hammerofjustice

[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"]Nothing great about this game. Reminds me of Half-life 2's gravity gun though.Jack-Thompson

I can't see this game getting more than AA.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 InsaneBasura
[QUOTE="neogeo419"][QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"]Nothing great about this game. Reminds me of Half-life 2's gravity gun though.Hammerofjustice

seriously when he uses his hand to telekinetic grab stuff and shoot it forward?

This is a good thing. Apparently telekinesis was in System Shock 2 though, so in that case it's not like they stole it. They clearly were inspired by HL2's antlion bugball thingie though. And again, this is a good thing. One could have worse sources of inspiration. And also, telekinesis rockzors the big one. every game should have it, including racing games. I'm yet to figure out a use for it in Oblivion though. Really, what is it good for?
neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 neogeo419
[QUOTE="Jack-Thompson"]

[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"]Nothing great about this game. Reminds me of Half-life 2's gravity gun though.Hammerofjustice

Good for you:roll:.
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts
I don't see anything interesting about this post........boring!!!
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 InsaneBasura
[QUOTE="Jack-Thompson"]

[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"]Nothing great about this game. Reminds me of Half-life 2's gravity gun though.Hammerofjustice

So you think it might get a "Great" (up to 8.9) score without there being anything great about it? That makes sense...IN THE WORLD WHERE ELEPHANTS CAN CLIMB TREES AND NOT EVEN CARE ABOUT IT!
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dhjohns
[QUOTE="Jack-Thompson"]

Right, and you are the same guy who talked to Phil Harrison today and he showed you the new Killzone 2 trailer on his PSP. Sure thing!! Your fragile creditability is no longer existent here.
neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 neogeo419
[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="Jack-Thompson"]

[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"]Nothing great about this game. Reminds me of Half-life 2's gravity gun though.dhjohns

Right, and you are the same guy who talked to Phil Harrison today and he showed you the new Killzone 2 trailer on his PSP. Sure thing!! Your fragile creditability is no longer existent here.

Ouch!!:o
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hammerofjustice
[QUOTE="dhjohns"][QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="Jack-Thompson"]

[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"]Nothing great about this game. Reminds me of Half-life 2's gravity gun though.neogeo419

Ouch!! :cry:... :| .... :lol: I am the most respected poster here in system wars.
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dhjohns
[QUOTE="neogeo419"][QUOTE="dhjohns"][QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="Jack-Thompson"]

Ouch!! :cry:... :| .... :lol: I am the most respected poster here in system wars.

You certainly use a lot of emiticons that is for sure. You are the least informed fanboy of SW that is for sure.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 InsaneBasura
I was gonna post something, but the forbidden> bug ruined everything. Why hasn't it been fixed yet?
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 InsaneBasura
Here's what Gamespot have had to say about it. [quote="Latest preview"]The combat in BioShock looks amazing, and it looks like your options as a player are nearly unlimited. Whether you want to use explosives, run and gun, shove enemies over ledges, or turn enemies against one another, the choice is yours. There are six modifiable weapons in the game and more than 60 special genetic powers. Plus, just about everything in the environment is interactive, from propane canisters to teddy bears. The environment also reacts to your input, so if you set something on fire, it will continue to burn and eventually envelop large areas, which needless to say can be a hazard or yet another way to deal with pesky enemies. Manipulating the environment and discovering new ways to exploit the sophisticated enemy artificial intelligence to your advantage are much more integral to the BioShock experience than simply blasting everything that moves. Beyond the disturbing moral implications of hunting little girls and the dynamic, free-form combat, one of the most striking aspects of BioShock is the atmosphere. Everything from the lighting to the water effects to the retro-sci-fi character design adds up to a world that looks amazing and makes you feel like the central character in a twisted but compelling tale. Needless to say, we're anxious to get a chance to fully explore the city of Rapture. Whether you're a fan of first-person shooters or not, you'll want to keep an eye on BioShock. We'll have to wait to see if it truly lives up to its goal of reinventing the first-person shooter, but based on what we've seen, we have to say that the game definitely looks like a step in the right direction. The dense atmosphere, open-ended combat, and morbidly interesting story make this one of the top Xbox 360 titles to look for when it ships next Spring. We'll keep you updated as soon as we see more of BioShock, so stay tuned.

shockers! They completely agree with me! [quote="Best Action/Adventure E3 2006"]BioShock is part first-person shooter, part role-playing game, and part adventure game--it doesn't fit neatly into any conventional genre description. But what's particularly important to note about it is that it looks extremely promising, indeed. Though the broad-by-definition action adventure category is always competitive at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, BioShock stood out to us as the most inspired and overall most promising example of this style of game. That's not to say that the decision was easy, since this highly competitive category included other very promising games, particularly the highly impressive Assassin's Creed for PS3. Though shown exclusively behind closed doors, BioShock's ambitious design and artistic quality quickly spread among GameSpot editors covering the show. The game takes place in an undersea utopia-gone-mad, filled with genetically mutated freaks apparently resigned to face an imminent watery grave, as the whole underwater station threatens to collapse on itself. That such a grim setting could come across as visually beautiful is a feat unto itself. But what's just as compelling about BioShock is the seeming open-endedness of its gameplay. It will be up to the player to decide how to approach any given situation, whether through force, guile, diplomacy, or something else. Developer Irrational Games announced BioShock as the spiritual successor to its cult classic System Shock 2, but from what we saw of the game at E3, we came away with the sense that BioShock has the potential to be much greater. And considering how great of a game System Shock 2 is in the first place, that's an exciting prospect, indeed.

[quote="Best Xbox 360 Game E3 2006"]By now, even some of the most vocal skeptics ought to have noticed that the Xbox 360 is making good on its promises of delivering extremely impressive visuals and remarkable gameplay experiences to match. To that end, Microsoft's corner of E3 2006 was packed to the gills with great-looking games coming to its new console. However, no single Xbox 360 game at the show got us worked up quite like BioShock, which was tucked away behind closed doors at publisher 2K Games' booth. Its stunning art direction, remarkably creepy and compelling premise, and intriguingly open-ended design served as a powerful demonstration of what the 360 seems capable of. And, poignantly enough, developer Irrational Games opted to show off BioShock on the 360 in particular, even though it's also headed to the PC and PlayStation 3. On one hand, it seems strange that a game as impressive as this wasn't shown publicly for all to see and experience amid everything else playable and on display at Microsoft's booth. On the other hand, Irrational's carefully controlled demonstration of BioShock effectively got the job done, providing us with a clear sense of the flow of the game while accentuating some of the remarkable details from both a visual and a thematic standpoint. Key questions linger: Will there be a substantial Xbox Live component? What will the unlockable achievements be like? For now, though, we can safely say that no other Xbox 360 game at E3 2006 got us collectively more excited by what was shown than BioShock.

[quote="Game Of The Show E3 2006"]How many bad puns can we incorporate into the following paragraphs? By the time you finish reading this, you'll be drowning in them. But all the cleverness we can muster up from the depths of our being still isn't enough to adequately express just how original and tantalizing BioShock came across to us at E3 2006. It left us deep in thought, wondering why such a visually impressive, profoundly interesting game would be tucked away beneath the surface of all the agitated excitement on the show floor. BioShock stunned us only behind closed doors at publisher 2K Games' booth, as developers from Irrational Games demonstrated some of the game's finer points in a working demo. There's little to show for it besides some pretty-looking still images (that are, in fact, suggestive of how the game looks in full motion) and our own tall tales about how well the game seems to be coming together. So take our word for it when we say that, of all the 1,000-plus games we saw at E3 2006, BioShock stood out the most vividly in our collective memory. While we don't exactly need to fish for good reasons to explain why this game sailed away with our top honors, a lot of the credit must go to BioShock's artistic design--it's more than just pretty graphics, though it's got plenty of those. The game takes place in an alternate-reality 1950s, in which some segment of humankind nestled itself far underwater in some utopian sea lab. However, the sea lab begins to crumble, even as genetic mutation brings the populace of the place to the brink of extinction, or at least, complete metamorphosis. The object is simple: to escape. Seeing the game's disturbing and fascinating world, the purpose of getting out alive is instantly clear. Yet the curiosity to soak up all the mysteries of BioShock seems all too difficult to resist. The game's premise grabbed us right away--how could such a suffocating atmosphere seem so much fun to play around in? From a gameplay standpoint, BioShock seems to offer a level of open-endedness along the lines of the recent highly acclaimed role-playing game, Oblivion, and that's a pretty reassuring frame of reference. However, when you add in the boldly original presentation and some similarly unusual characters, weapons, and abilities, the result is a game that's got us anxiously holding our breath to find out if it can truly live up to this great impression we took away. We'd like nothing better than for developer Irrational to take every moment it needs to get this one just right.

Marduke382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Marduke382
Member since 2005 • 1328 Posts
That part at the end when you have to kill the little girl when she is crying and crawling away from you is the most horrifying thing I've ever seen.DaysAirlines
Yea I'm so not liking that....
metalmonkey268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 metalmonkey268
The overall look of the players movements are stiff, and robotic. And yes I know it's a work in progress, but I haven't seen any improvement in that respect from previous videos. The shooting mechancs look downright average, it looks like something from the SS2 days. The look of the player as he moves and shoots is important to the ambience that they're trying to capture and until I see that improved, I can't be impressed be it.

The premise and design looks great and I won't deny that the powers will be interesting and add to the gameplay. But the little things like grabbing the grenade in mid air and throwing it at an enemy, grabbing an object, lighting it on fire and setting and enemy on fire. I've seen that done before, so I can't look at it and say "Oooooo ahhhhh!"

You gotta understand, I'm only talking about this one video. I'm not saying that game won't be really good, because it probably will. It's just that this one video that everyone is talking about doesn't impress me.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 InsaneBasura
I guess that is valid criticism. A first person actor like in Riddick along with less floaty movement would further heighten the atmosphere, but I think you're exaggerating a bit. It's not like it makes the game's many good aspects any less good or impressive. And this build is from October or something, so there is a slight chance they might have done something about this already. Things like setting teddybears on fire and telekinesis perhaps isn't anything new, but it adds to the gameplay, makes it more interesting, more fun. What makes the game special is the atmosphere. That's what I and many others "Ooo ahhh!" at. And even so, does a game have to offer something innovative or revolutionary to impress you? Few games can claim to do so. Bioshock at the very least comes off feeling fresh and creative.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DaysAirlines
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]That part at the end when you have to kill the little girl when she is crying and crawling away from you is the most horrifying thing I've ever seen.Marduke382

Just watching it made me feel horrible. I'd imagine after doing it a couple of times in the game will make you less sensitive to it but it's just terrifying.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 osusfaith
Member since 2006 • 7398 Posts
I love the video of this game. It has the most realistic looking hand for your character (I know a stupid thing but I still think it's amazingly lifelike), and has amazing running water effects as well.
Mr_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mr_Power
Member since 2007 • 117 Posts
wow after watching the video, im thinking to myself how many ways will there be to kill the enemies.

oh man i cant for this game anymore its gonna OWN!!!!
her0_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 her0_54
[QUOTE="Marduke382"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]That part at the end when you have to kill the little girl when she is crying and crawling away from you is the most horrifying thing I've ever seen.DaysAirlines

Just watching it made me feel horrible. I'd imagine after doing it a couple of times in the game will make you less sensitive to it but it's just terrifying.

It's just a game, and you have to do it... For the people of Rapture.
I remember in the first walkthrough video however, that some guy said there was a way you could help the children, and that they would reward you with some Adam. (Or was it Eve?). It might be a more difficult path in the game of course.
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 osusfaith
Member since 2006 • 7398 Posts
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Marduke382"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]That part at the end when you have to kill the little girl when she is crying and crawling away from you is the most horrifying thing I've ever seen.her0_54

It's just a game, and you have to do it... For the people of Rapture.
I remember in the first walkthrough video however, that some guy said there was a way you could help the children, and that they would reward you with some Adam. (Or was it Eve?). It might be a more difficult path in the game of course.

Yea you don't see the player killing the little girl, but you do need the ADAM, but there is a non-violent way to obtain it as well. So that's the "big moral choices" the developer refers to in the game I believe
Doomlike_Mitc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Doomlike_Mitc
Member since 2006 • 4912 Posts
Amazing... the whole feeling of the game... this is gonna be awsom... to bad I have to wait... :(

But I think I'll enjoy myself with Mass Effect witch should be here in EU in 3 + weeks.. :D
muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
I love this game, making your own choices makes it very immersive and the AI seems good. I wonder what kind of PC they were running it on.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
"Redefine what it means to be a first person shooter"

"Put a stake through the heart of all those cliches you have been playing for years in FPS... with their corridor crawling and cookie-cutter AI."

Finally! A developer wanting to do something new! Yes!
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
8/10- gameplay.
Tries to defy all cliches, just makes the game seem repetitive and extremely weird. All the new devices "powers", invovle a great amount of complexity. Which is really a good thing, but makes the game seem more a task, than a fun adventure. Action gameplay is really straight fps...Enviroment is really interesting... gameplay seems to be pretty simple. The way you progress in the game is really interesting. But it hasn't improved over the other trailers.
9/10 graphics.
 Amazing lighting, great textures. Creative enemy and character design. Awesome physics and great atmosphere.