New 3DS Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#1 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Thanks to my friend sonictrainer from the 3DS boards.

In the October 2012 issue of Coro Coro Magazine, a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game was revealed.

Info:

• Releases in Japan this winter.
  • You transform into a Pokemon at the start of the game.
  • Currently known Starters are Pikachu, Axew, Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott.
  • Uses 3D models, but still uses the 2D profile boxes when characters talk.
  • We have a map of the Town:http://pokebeach.com/news/0912/corocoro-mystery-dungeon-3ds-2.jpg
  • Use the 3DS camera to move around and discover round objects in your surroundings turn into Magnagates (gates to dungeons) then find yourself in the middle of a dungeon!

sonictrainer

This is good news, I actually enjoyed the Mystery Dungeon series. Add another hit Pokemon game to the 3DS library. :D Looking forward to the localization... and its the third 3D Pokemon game on 3DS!! :o

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#2 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Meh some mechanics in the game were just stupid. For instance, if any pokemon used a move that lowered your defense, you were pretty much f*cked. Moves like acid armor did absolutely nothing to help. I remember one time I was on floor like 90 something, a pokemon used screech and then I ran into a monster house. Bullsh*t like that made me quit playing the game.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bbkkristian

Meh some mechanics in the game were just stupid. For instance, if any pokemon used a move that lowered your defense, you were pretty much f*cked. Moves like acid armor did absolutely nothing to help. I remember one time I was on floor like 90 something, a pokemon used screech and then I ran into a monster house. Bullsh*t like that made me quit playing the game.

cain006
yeah, you reminded me of the less than fun experiences I had with the game... :P
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#4 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Ugh...no thanks. Never liked them and I like a few weird dungeon crawling stuff.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

**** this ****. I want a ****ing pokemon game done ****ing rightnot this god **** piece of **** god **** mother ****ing **** **** ***** **** *****

*********************************************************! :evil:

[spoiler] haha you thought I was kidding :P [/spoiler]

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
Pass.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bbkkristian

**** this ****. I want a ****ing pokemon game done ****ing rightnot this god **** piece of **** god **** mother ****ing **** **** ***** **** *****

Jonwh18
:| ...aw... I regret posting this news. More of a hype behind the closet type of deal :P
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

bbkkristian

:| ...aw... I regret posting this news. More of a hype behind the closet type of deal :P

meh I was kidding..... sort of. It annoys me how gamefreak is doing everyhting but what the fans want and annoucing yet another pokemon game for DS that isn't in the main series. This means R/S remakes are another year after this realeases and then a year or even two after that we will finally get a new pokemon game for 3DS.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Only reason i'm not into pokemon mystery dungeon is because they don't let the pokemons evolve until you beat the game. That's like a huge turn off for me... I love expecting my pokemon to have an upgrade because of leveling.. which is something they took away:(

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cain006

Only reason i'm not into pokemon mystery dungeon is because they don't let the pokemons evolve until you beat the game. That's like a huge turn off for me... I love expecting my pokemon to have an upgrade because of leveling.. which is something they took away:(

Joedgabe

At least in the first one, there's a huge amount of stuff to do once you "beat" the game. More dungeons, a bunch of legendaries to get, etc. I remember that one of them you needed fly to get to and I didn't know how to get it, so I just got a Salamence :P

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Joedgabe

[QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

cain006

At least in the first one, there's a huge amount of stuff to do once you "beat" the game. More dungeons, a bunch of legendaries to get, etc. I remember that one of them you needed fly to get to and I didn't know how to get it, so I just got a Salamence :P

Yea but the first one was really difficult.. @_@ sometimes while playing it i wondered if that was really a kids game... like how would they have handled the frustration:P

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

Joedgabe

Yea but the first one was really difficult.. @_@ sometimes while playing it i wondered if that was really a kids game... like how would they have handled the frustration:P

a lot better then adults do actually. remember back to the days of the NES when games were hard as balls? did you get flusterated? I didn't but I bet I would now.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cain006

[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

Joedgabe

I think there was one dungeon that had over 100 floors. I'm pretty sure I got to 119 or something and died. I also got pretty much all the legendaries, and I didn't use a guide ever. I played that game too much :P

And I didn't think it was difficult, the developers just made some idiotic decisions. Like with what I said about lowering defense. You pretty much had to kill pokemon that could lower your defense before they could do anything or you had a big chance of dying. The game was also balanced terribly. Moves like heat wave were insanely overpowered, that's how I always got out of monster houses. Usually killed like half of them in one turn.

Oh and I also got lucario rank which took an obscene amount of time.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
never got the appeal of the mystery dungeon games..
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

First the music game and now this? Just focus on the main games already.

Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Nozizaki
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts
More interested in this than B/W2.
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

First the music game and now this? Just focus on the main games already.

DealRogers

We JUST got B&W2, are you kidding?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
Pass.LittleMac19
Lems_R_Tools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lems_R_Tools
Member since 2012 • 247 Posts

Do people over the age of 20 still play pokemon games? i mean a normal 20 year old, not the hardcore nerd / loner type.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Do people over the age of 20 still play pokemon games? i mean a normal 20 year old, not the hardcore nerd / loner type.

Lems_R_Tools

What kind of stupid question is that? Ofcourse there are. Its a small world, Ive met dozens of people well into their 20s that play pokemon. I know members of bands who tour the world and have women all over them and still make time to raise a Pikachu.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jonwh18

Lems_R_Tools

I am 20 and I have a perfectly normal social life and I play pokemon.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Joedgabe

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

[QUOTE="Lems_R_Tools"]

SNIPER4321

What kind of stupid question is that? Ofcourse there are. Its a small world, Ive met dozens of people well into their 20s that play pokemon. I know members of bands who tour the world and have women all over them and still make time to raise a Pikachu.

main audience of pokemon is less than 15 kids and girls. i dont see who ppls who are in 20s can enjoy pokemon games or watching its sh1tty anime.

This is a very stupid remark... If you asked people what is one of their favorite movies of all time they're likely to respond a "childrens" film rather than a mature one. Because the term for "children" doesn't really exsit.. it's actually for "everyone" is something everyone can enjoy with no age restrictions. Just because cihldren can enjoy it too doesn't mean it's a "kids" thing.

Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]What kind of stupid question is that? Ofcourse there are. Its a small world, Ive met dozens of people well into their 20s that play pokemon. I know members of bands who tour the world and have women all over them and still make time to raise a Pikachu.

Joedgabe

main audience of pokemon is less than 15 kids and girls. i dont see who ppls who are in 20s can enjoy pokemon games or watching its sh1tty anime.

This is a very stupid remark... If you asked people what is one of their favorite movies of all time they're likely to respond a "childrens" film rather than a mature one. Because the term for "children" doesn't really exsit.. it's actually for "everyone" is something everyone can enjoy with no age restrictions. Just because cihldren can enjoy it too doesn't mean it's a "kids" thing.

Spot On
Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Joedgabe

[QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] main audience of pokemon is less than 15 kids and girls. i dont see who ppls who are in 20s can enjoy pokemon games or watching its sh1tty anime.SNIPER4321

it is kids thing even anyone can watch Ok. then let me say How do i looks like if i choose to watch Barbie farytopia over Expendables 2??

If you're not a woman I would say that's a little Queer If you chose to see let's say Anastasia or Toy Story over Expendables 2 then i don't see anything wrong with it at all in fact i'd do the samething too.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cain006

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

[QUOTE="Lems_R_Tools"]

SNIPER4321

Lots of adults play pokemon. You know there's a competitive scene for the games right? Kids aren't the ones doing that.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Jonwh18

What this guy said...

For the love of god Nintendo, quit being stupid. An actual 3DS pokemon game will sell a billion 3DSs.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
we'll see, not a day 1 purchase for sure
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#31 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Ugh, always hated the Mystery Dungeon saga.
NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

I'm looking forward to it.

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

aren't these those roguelike games? Bleh Pokemon Snap 2 or Pokemon Conquest 2 please!

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
So happy they announced this, I'm still sad we never got the three wiiware mystery dungeon games, this better come stateside. Honest;y even with all the great Wii U news this was my favorite announcement of the day.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
[QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] main audience of pokemon is less than 15 kids and girls. i dont see who ppls who are in 20s can enjoy pokemon games or watching its sh1tty anime.SNIPER4321

it is kids thing even anyone can watch Ok. then let me say How do i looks like if i choose to watch Barbie farytopia over Expendables 2??

Barbie does not equate to a widely known kids film that is enjoyed by everyone, not even a little girl would choose Barbie over a great children's film like Toy Story or Finding Nemo, which are both much better than the crappy Expendables. Pokemon can be enjoyed by everyone at any age, Nintendo games have no age limits.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Excited, a good spinoff series..
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bbkkristian
New trailer: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/14/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-3ds-gets-its-first-trailer-watch-it-inside/ Dem 3D models!! Could this be a preview of what we'll get in the next main series game?
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

[QUOTE="Lems_R_Tools"]

Shirokishi_

How sad he must be. I live an active social life, have good grades, and spend time with my best friends who have varied taste in games and some who don't even play games at all. I hate these silly stereotypes.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]New trailer: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/14/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-3ds-gets-its-first-trailer-watch-it-inside/ Dem 3D models!! Could this be a preview of what we'll get in the next main series game?SNIPER4321
looks very bland and uninspired...

jelly that a mere spin off is still better then your favorite game? yeah I thought so.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

layton2012

Barbie does not equate to a widely known kids film that is enjoyed by everyone, not even a little girl would choose Barbie over a great children's film like Toy Story or Finding Nemo, which are both much better than the crappy Expendables. Pokemon can be enjoyed by everyone at any age, Nintendo games have no age limits.

expendibles two was a terrible movie. I went to see it with friends for the LULZ simply because Chuck Norris made an appearance in it. It was basically COD the movie. Just the faintest of plots to justify blowing the fuk out of anything that moved.

platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

[QUOTE="layton2012"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] it is kids thing even anyone can watch Ok. then let me say How do i looks like if i choose to watch Barbie farytopia over Expendables 2??Jonwh18

expendibles two was a terrible movie. I went to see it with friends for the LULZ simply because Chuck Norris made an appearance in it. It was basically COD the movie. Just the faintest of plots to justify blowing the fuk out of anything that moved.

it was better than TDKR.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="layton2012"] Barbie does not equate to a widely known kids film that is enjoyed by everyone, not even a little girl would choose Barbie over a great children's film like Toy Story or Finding Nemo, which are both much better than the crappy Expendables. Pokemon can be enjoyed by everyone at any age, Nintendo games have no age limits.platniumgamer

it was better than the TDKR.

gtho....now you had a dog with a batman symbol on it we know oyu are lying.

platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"] expendibles two was a terrible movie. I went to see it with friends for the LULZ simply because Chuck Norris made an appearance in it. It was basically COD the movie. Just the faintest of plots to justify blowing the fuk out of anything that moved.

Jonwh18

it was better than the TDKR.

gtho....now you had a dog with a batman symbol on it we know oyu are lying.

when my batdog avatar died... my respect for TDKR also died along with it.