Need opinions on Classic Controller vs. original SNES controller...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 freeload
Member since 2003 • 8139 Posts

This is for those of you who have actually used both controllers only: 

Do you think the Classic Controller feels as good as the SNES controller?

If YES, or even if you think it is actually better, can you give some details as to why please?

If NO can you give some details as to why not please?

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts
The SNES controller didnt feel good at all. It was way too small and gave me cramps. I havent used the classic controller however.
freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freeload

The SNES controller didnt feel good at all. It was way too small and gave me cramps. I havent used the classic controller however.TOAO_Cyrus1

Like I said above!

Also. If you didn't like the SNES controller you are clearly in a small minority IMO as it is widely regarded as on of the best classic controllers of all time...

BigBadButters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BigBadButters
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts
the clasic controller emulates SNES one almost perfectly. i love the curvy shape that fits right in my hands. however, the 3rd and 4th should buttons are a pain to reach. so it is good they arent used oftern. i also wish that L and R were solid buttongs instead of being like gamecubes controller. so easy to get jammed. who else will be using the classic controller for Brawl? check the site it confirmed 4 ways to play. including, Wiimote, Wiimote + Nunchuk, GC controller, and Classic. whoo hoo!
freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freeload

the clasic controller emulates SNES one almost perfectly. i love the curvy shape that fits right in my hands. however, the 3rd and 4th should buttons are a pain to reach. so it is good they arent used oftern. i also wish that L and R were solid buttongs instead of being like gamecubes controller. so easy to get jammed. who else will be using the classic controller for Brawl? check the site it confirmed 4 ways to play. including, Wiimote, Wiimote + Nunchuk, GC controller, and Classic. whoo hoo!BigBadButters

If you were able to use a SNES controller on the Wii for retro games would you still use the Classic Controller? I mean is it actually as good as a SNES controller IYO or is it an acceptable alternative but you would actualy rather have a SNES controller if you could because the SNES controller actually is just a little bit better in the end?

It's really hard for me trying to decide as to whether I should spend money on getting one, when I eventually get a Wii...

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts
SNES controller feels more rigid and tight.  Classic feels a bit flimsy and the colour isn't appealing at all.  I can get a better grip on the SNES controller for certain.
freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freeload

SNES controller feels more rigid and tight.  Classic feels a bit flimsy and the colour isn't appealing at all.  I can get a better grip on the SNES controller for certain.NobuoMusicMaker

Interesting...

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts
Woah!!! Time Out!!! Are you reffering this due to the new SSBB control scheme???? Since you can play it side ways, Nunchuck, GC, and WiiClassic???
freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 freeload

Woah!!! Time Out!!! Are you reffering this due to the new SSBB control scheme???? Since you can play it side ways, Nunchuck, GC, and WiiClassic???FireEmblem_Man

No. I'm trying to decide if it really is worth buying a Classic Controller of if it would just be better to buy an adapter or something that let's me use an original SNES controller for VC games. I mean, at least with the original SNES controller I could also use that on PC retro games etc...

PostNuclear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PostNuclear
Member since 2005 • 288 Posts

[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]Woah!!! Time Out!!! Are you reffering this due to the new SSBB control scheme???? Since you can play it side ways, Nunchuck, GC, and WiiClassic???freeload

No. I'm trying to decide if it really is worth buying a Classic Controller of if it would just be better to buy an adapter or something that let's me use an original SNES controller for VC games. I mean, at least with the original SNES controller I could also use that on PC retro games etc...

Is it possible to use adapters, I mean, do they even exist (yet)? 

freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freeload
[QUOTE="freeload"]

[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]Woah!!! Time Out!!! Are you reffering this due to the new SSBB control scheme???? Since you can play it side ways, Nunchuck, GC, and WiiClassic???PostNuclear

Is it possible to use adapters, I mean, do they even exist (yet)? 

There are ones that plug into the Wii's GC ports allowing you to use NES and SNES controllers. I think they work with VC games too...