Need a new console: PS3 or wait to buy the PS4/Xbox One

This topic is locked from further discussion.

respected1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 respected1989
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Hi everyone, Ive only been into gaming for the last 18 months. The only other time Ive gamed is when I had a PS1, back in the day. Im not a serious gamer in the sense that Im not that good at it and just play for an hour each day to relax. Sadly, my Xbox 360 developed a fault yesterday (it wont power on and yes Ive tried everything suggested on YouTube). So Im left with the dilemma of whether to get a PS3 or wait to buy the PS4 or Xbox one. The thing is, my ex bought me the Xbox when in truth I wanted a PS3, since the few friends I do have that are into gaming, are on the PS. But hey, I was grateful just to have a console bought for me :) Now everyone tells me that the PS4 is the way to go but I really wanted to play GTA 5 (which is not going to be released until next year) and the extra cost of the PS4 is a concern. So, would it be worth getting a PS3 at this point or should I just buy the PS4 instead? To complicate matters, I was considering the Xbox one. I mainly play FPS (COD) and some GTA & fight night champion type games. I understand that some titles are exclusive to the PS/Xbox. So in your opinion will the PS3/4 be suitable. Sorry, but I know very little about the gaming world. I would be really grateful for people opinions (and reasons!) for the best way forward. Thanks people! :)
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Wait..
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Yah, I'd say wait till next year at least.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#5 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts
Hell, I'd grab a PS3 if you haven't had a chance to play through the exclusives. Being at the end of the gen, you have an opportunity to play a lot of solid multiplats/exclusives for an incredibly low price. I admit that I'm grabbing a PS4/X1, but the reality is that there won't be that many AAA games to warrant the $900 bucks dropped between the two.
headninjadog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 headninjadog
Member since 2005 • 742 Posts
I'd go for a brand new $199 PS3 with the 12 gb flash drive installed if you are not a serious gamer. That's all you need to last for a while.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
Unless there are must have games on the PS4 or XB1 that you have to play, I'd suggest you hold off on them and just get a PS3 or another Xbox 360.
respected1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 respected1989
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Seems like the best option is to hold off for now. But do I buy a PS3 or xbox 360............ The price will be exactly the same as I will have to renew my xbox live next month. I've been told that the online gaming experience for COD is better on xbox than PS3. But I don't know whether this is just bullshit. I hate having a choice!
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44569 Posts
if you haven't got a PS3 by this point there's really no point
Heclogit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Heclogit
Member since 2005 • 377 Posts

Get a gaming PC or wait for the PS4. Watch Dogs alone will crap on anything the PS3 can do.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
Get the GTA V ps3 bundle
p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6609 Posts

Better off holding off on the PS4 since it won't have that many games and it can't play PS3 games. Go PS3.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I'd say go for the GTAV PS3 bundle. It'll do everything you listed that you want and if you haven't preordered by now you won't be getting a PS4 this year.

For someone who self-admittedly isn't that much into gaming I'd see no reason to try and beat the rush of everyone else trying to get their hands on the PS4.

Get the GTAV PS3 bundle. enjoy GTAV, enjoy fight night, CoD, etc. Then finally when the PS4 has built up a sizeable userbase and library make the switch. That could be early next year or the year after, who knows, but for someone who doesn't seem to care too much about the latest and the greatest I see no reason to throw your money so eagerly at next gen.