MS is definitely making up for the slow start this yr

This topic is locked from further discussion.

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

Reach best MP this gen till gears came along imo

Gears 3 is just flat out amazing couldnt of been a better end to the the trilogy the mp is awesome i know ill be playing for many months

Forza 4 looks amazing too

Halo CE anniversary also has me really excited from the videos im seeing

so all in all im pretty satisfied exclusive wise especially with all the great multiplats so how do you fellow 360 owners feel about this? agree they are doing great making up for the slow start? disagree?

Lexter45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lexter45
Member since 2011 • 1204 Posts
Doesn't excuse me having to wait almost 10 months for a new exclusive. Gear 3 and Halo 4 are the only things keeping me from selling the Xbox right now. I'll be sticking with the Wii-U and PC next gen if MS doesn't get it together exclusive wise.
djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
2 exclusives and a remastered 10 year old game is not what i call a good year.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
I do think the top rated console 'exclusives' for the year will be Gears 3 and Forza 4. Gears 3 already received fantastic scores and Forza 4 might be the best looking game all year. And I don't even like racing.
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

That's it? Three games, one of which is a remake.

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts

not really, we all knew gears 3 was coming

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50632 Posts
2 exclusives and a remastered 10 year old game is not what i call a good year. djsifer01
No joke... 360 owners are used to more and should demand more.
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Nope, and next year is looking even weaker
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
It has been the worst year for any console that I've ever owned. Gears and Forza doesn't change that, not even close.
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 johnnyblazed88

2 exclusives and a remastered 10 year old game is not what i call a good year. djsifer01

eh its not like ps3 exclusives were all that great tho

forza 4 will be another 9.5 along with reach i forgot to mention

360 with three 9.5 exclusives this yr? that would be impressive

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
I do think the top rated console 'exclusives' for the year will be Gears 3 and Forza 4. Gears 3 already received fantastic scores and Forza 4 might be the best looking game all year. And I don't even like racing. KC_Hokie
gears 3 only has a 91 on metacritic(which it most likily deserves more) but even LBP 2 is higher at 92, and theres a good chance UC3 will have a higher meta. not hating on gears just saying tho gears already isnt the highest rated exclusive
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
One full year for one great title, one racing game that most people don't care cuz, well, its a racing game and a 10y remake... This is NOT making up for the slow year start. Pathetic year is pathetic.
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 johnnyblazed88

It has been the worst year for any console that I've ever owned. Gears and Forza doesn't change that, not even close. Heil68
three possible9.5 excusives is the worst year ill take that lol

Lexter45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lexter45
Member since 2011 • 1204 Posts

[QUOTE="djsifer01"]2 exclusives and a remastered 10 year old game is not what i call a good year. johnnyblazed88

Just because you did not enjoy the PS3 exclusives doesn't mean others don't. They're still great and there's still quantity with Quality, which tops just Quality.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chutebox

[QUOTE="djsifer01"]2 exclusives and a remastered 10 year old game is not what i call a good year. johnnyblazed88

Halo isn't exclusive. Three exclusives (including Halo for this), all at the end of the year is just lame.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]I do think the top rated console 'exclusives' for the year will be Gears 3 and Forza 4. Gears 3 already received fantastic scores and Forza 4 might be the best looking game all year. And I don't even like racing. TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
gears 3 only has a 91 on metacritic(which it most likily deserves more) but even LBP 2 is higher at 92, and theres a good chance UC3 will have a higher meta. not hating on gears just saying tho gears already isnt the highest rated exclusive

All the reviews for Gears 3 aren't in yet so we'll see. And I do think Forza 4 will be higher rated than either of those. Forza 4 just looks incredible and I don't even care that much about racing games.

djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts

There have been several great PS3 exclusives this year. I dont play scores, i play games.
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 johnnyblazed88

[QUOTE="johnnyblazed88"]

[QUOTE="djsifer01"]2 exclusives and a remastered 10 year old game is not what i call a good year. Chutebox

Halo isn't exclusive. Three exclusives (including Halo for this), all at the end of the year is just lame.

thats ur opinion i for one cant wait for CE anniversy switching from classic to HD 360 graphics at anytime is frickin awesome imo

but PS3 fanboys hate halo i know

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]It has been the worst year for any console that I've ever owned. Gears and Forza doesn't change that, not even close. johnnyblazed88

I'm thankful I have PC/PS3 that's for sure. Waiting over a year for games is pathetic. I almost forgot how to turn the 360 on.
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#21 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

I could agree with that, MS had made up with a few games but the problem is they focus too much on Kinect.

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts
ill give you gears halo has overdone it for me not into racing sims(boring to me) each to there own
TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]I do think the top rated console 'exclusives' for the year will be Gears 3 and Forza 4. Gears 3 already received fantastic scores and Forza 4 might be the best looking game all year. And I don't even like racing. KC_Hokie

All the reviews for Gears 3 aren't in yet so we'll see. And I do think Forza 4 will be higher rated than either of those. Forza 4 just looks incredible and I don't even care that much about racing games.

well i doubt itll change from 91 if it does it could only go 92 or 90 tho by now, i agree about forza tho , i dont like racing games but i agree it could easily nab a mid 90s metascore. i predict forza and Uc3 will both have around a 94 meta more or less
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 johnnyblazed88

I could agree with that, MS had made up with a few games but the problem is they focus too much on Kinect.

HaloPimp978

i agree with that

but tell mehalo CE anni doesnt have you pumped switching from classic xbox to 360 graphics is frickin awesome and its the best halo ever made!!! i know i cant waitto play it

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
I think we all are forgetting the magic that is KINECT. I, for one, cannot wait until Microsoft phases out all Xbox 360 exclusives entirely and just makes sequels to Kinectimals!
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 johnnyblazed88

I think we all are forgetting the magic that is KINECT. I, for one, cannot wait until Microsoft phases out all Xbox 360 exclusives entirely and just makes sequels to Kinectimals!princeofshapeir
u hate 360 that much? lol

15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

look at all these butthurts that need like 50 damn games that are exclusive to play every year. Get the **** over it most of the exclusive games have become Multiplat for sake of mkaing more money. Jeez its like just because a game is multiplat it is irrelevant. People make it seem like 360 owners will only be able to play 3 new games this year. How come I was able to play Deus Ex, or Dead island. What a bunch of crybabies. What happened to just liking games, gotta find something to **** about. If there were too many games in a year some developers wouldn't sell as many of their games and go under. People have no sense.

AiurProtoss

We like exclusives here in system wars. A barren desert for nine months on a console just isn't going to cut it.

AiurProtoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AiurProtoss
Member since 2010 • 1080 Posts

[QUOTE="AiurProtoss"]

look at all these butthurts that need like 50 damn games that are exclusive to play every year. Get the **** over it most of the exclusive games have become Multiplat for sake of mkaing more money. Jeez its like just because a game is multiplat it is irrelevant. People make it seem like 360 owners will only be able to play 3 new games this year. How come I was able to play Deus Ex, or Dead island. What a bunch of crybabies. What happened to just liking games, gotta find something to **** about. If there were too many games in a year some developers wouldn't sell as many of their games and go under. People have no sense.

15strong

We like exclusives here in system wars. A barren desert for nine months on a console just isn't going to cut it.

OMG im going to die I cant play anything on my system, I mean OMG I only got to play Deus Ex:HR and Dead Island, and Darksiders, and Bayonetta, and Serious sam HD and Mortal Kombat, it was such a terrible summer. Seriously I played tons of Reach and had fun with my freinds at lan Parties OMG so awful i was playing a game that came out last year!!! OMG!!! And now that I am back in school I dont have time to play all the awesome games coming out like Dark Souls (I did buy gears though \m/) Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Saints row the third. OMG what a terrible year to own a 360.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

yeah no, Mix no 1st party offerings except a few, with no even hints of trying to acquire exclusive games, with no real exclusive content...and you get alot of s***

Microsoft is sitting on their laurels they think the generation is over and are cocentrating on next gen but even if that is the case which is normal for too long they've not gotten any note worthy exclusivity ever.

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

yeah no, Mix no 1st party offerings except a few, with no even hints of trying to acquire exclusive games, with no real exclusive content...and you get alot of s***

Microsoft is sitting on their laurels they think the generation is over and are cocentrating on next gen but even if that is the case which is normal for too long they've not gotten any note worthy exclusivity ever.

WilliamRLBaker

people, if RLbaker says it, it must be true

15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

[QUOTE="15strong"]

[QUOTE="AiurProtoss"]

AiurProtoss

OMG im going to die I cant play anything on my system, I mean OMG I only got to play Deus Ex:HR and Dead Island, and Darksiders, and Bayonetta, and Serious sam HD and Mortal Kombat, it was such a terrible summer. And now that I am back in school I dont have time to play all the awesome games coming out like Dark Souls (I did buy gears though \m/) Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Saints row the third. OMG what a terrible year to own a 360.

In here it is a war, hence the forum name. We argue between platforms and the PS3 and 360 are nearly identical minus exclusives. So what is the most important thing? Exclusives! You can play the multiplat card but that won't fly. It won't fly becasue PS3 owners were rediculed for two years in the beginning and now they have a little firing power. Let's face it. The 360 is in a drought. Three agme at the end of te year isn't going to fix that. Especially since it is teh same kind of games we get year after year. Did 360 give you a great gaming expirience this year? Yes. But not better than the PS3 and that is what it really comes down to.

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts
[QUOTE="johnnyblazed88"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]It has been the worst year for any console that I've ever owned. Gears and Forza doesn't change that, not even close. Heil68

I'm thankful I have PC/PS3 that's for sure. Waiting over a year for games is pathetic. I almost forgot how to turn the 360 on.

You just hit that big power button on the front of the 360. On topic, the 360 will have the third person shooter of the year, and the racing game of the year (maybe of the generation). Even the almighty ps3 can't match that.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#34 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts

reach didnt come out this year, whats the 3rd 9.5?

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Yeah, Gears 3 is amazing, best shooter on the system hands down. It does EVERYTHING and does it all really well.

But that does not excuse that all MS has to offer this year is that a racing game and a remaster of a game everyone has already played 20 times

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

lol this made me laugh.

Another gears. another halo, another forza.

comon? anything new???

what if i dont like racing and shooting games....

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Gears of War 3 is awesome, yeah, we knew that was coming. I won't be getting Forza 4 and the whole reason I even own Forza 3 is because my Xbox 360 came with it. As far as Halo CE:AE? Unless it's like $30 then I won't bother because there's no way I'm dropping $60 on a remake. Honestly, there's way more games hitting shelves this year and I'd rather not spend what little cash I have on a remake.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zophar87

lol this made me laugh.

comon? anything new???

Ribnarak

As much as I'm looking forward to Uncharted 3.. I hope it scores lower than Gears of War 3 so I can watch PS3 fanboys play damage control. When they announced the battery life for the PSVita? Yeah, that was awesome.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="johnnyblazed88"]

johnnyblazed88

thats ur opinion i for one cant wait for CE anniversy switching from classic to HD 360 graphics at anytime is frickin awesome imo

but PS3 fanboys hate halo i know

Not one person has bashed halo up to your post...
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chutebox

AiurProtoss
This thread is only about exclusives. Why would we talk about multiplats in an exvlusive thread.
beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 beganoo
Member since 2009 • 1642 Posts

I do think the top rated console 'exclusives' for the year will be Gears 3 and Forza 4. Gears 3 already received fantastic scores and Forza 4 might be the best looking game all year. And I don't even like racing. KC_Hokie

Well no it can't be the best looking game all year, its not on PC.

jiz.

AiurProtoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AiurProtoss

[QUOTE="AiurProtoss"]

[QUOTE="15strong"]

15strong

OMG im going to die I cant play anything on my system, I mean OMG I only got to play Deus Ex:HR and Dead Island, and Darksiders, and Bayonetta, and Serious sam HD and Mortal Kombat, it was such a terrible summer. And now that I am back in school I dont have time to play all the awesome games coming out like Dark Souls (I did buy gears though \m/) Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Saints row the third. OMG what a terrible year to own a 360.

In here it is a war, hence the forum name. We argue between platforms and the PS3 and 360 are nearly identical minus exclusives. So what is the most important thing? Exclusives! You can play the multiplat card but that won't fly. It won't fly becasue PS3 owners were rediculed for two years in the beginning and now they have a little firing power. Let's face it. The 360 is in a drought. Three agme at the end of te year isn't going to fix that. Especially since it is teh same kind of games we get year after year. Did 360 give you a great gaming expirience this year? Yes. But not better than the PS3 and that is what it really comes down to.

Yup its in a drought thats why I was able to play games this summer. Go figure.

AiurProtoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AiurProtoss

lol this made me laugh.

comon? anything new???

Ribnarak

as apposed to another Resistance, another Infamous? lol.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
360 doesnt have many excluvies anymore but really, halo and gears are better than any ps3 exclusives so its all good
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zophar87

360 doesnt have many excluvies anymore but really, halo and gears are better than any ps3 exclusives so its all goodmems_1224

That's debatable.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 princeofshapeir

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]I think we all are forgetting the magic that is KINECT. I, for one, cannot wait until Microsoft phases out all Xbox 360 exclusives entirely and just makes sequels to Kinectimals!johnnyblazed88

u hate 360 that much? lol

No, I just love Kinect so much. It's the future of video games, an infinite hallway of mirrors leading to a brighter, sunnier future where we can get into the game!
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 princeofshapeir

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]360 doesnt have many excluvies anymore but really, halo and gears are better than any ps3 exclusives so its all goodZophar87

That's debatable.

No it's not. He's wrong.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]360 doesnt have many excluvies anymore but really, halo and gears are better than any ps3 exclusives so its all goodZophar87

That's debatable.

its my opinion obviously
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mems_1224
[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]360 doesnt have many excluvies anymore but really, halo and gears are better than any ps3 exclusives so its all goodprinceofshapeir

That's debatable.

No it's not. He's wrong.

nope, sorry im not
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zophar87

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]360 doesnt have many excluvies anymore but really, halo and gears are better than any ps3 exclusives so its all goodprinceofshapeir

That's debatable.

No it's not. He's wrong.

God forbid someone has a different opinion than you!