Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Steam Store

It's basically a hardcore alternative to Company of Heroes 2.

Content:

• 15 new single player skirmishes plus 25 reworked ones from the original Assault Squad
  • eight player co-op support and an all new multiplayer extreme game mode
  • 65 multiplayer maps and five gamemodes
  • more than 250 vehicles at your command
  • more than 200 soldiers with unique equipment
  • five factions and various battlefields in Europe, Eastern Europe, Northern Africa and the Pacific
  • development tools such as 3d model exporter and map/mission editor, and much more.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46281 Posts

I got my hands full with Company of Heroes 2 at the moment. For all the negativity it got, the multiplayer is solid ! I already put 150+ hours into it and I don't see myself stopping any time soon.

On topic though: I'll definitely put this on my wishlist. I'm always interested in historical WW2 RTS (or RTT).

What is the singleplayer campaign about ? Do you get to play all factions ? That would be very nice :)

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#3 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

I'm getting it soon . Looks epic .

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Already have this but havent played it yet. I just hope its better optimized than its predecessor.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

not a knock against the game, but it's absolutely nothing like coh/coh2, and as such not an 'alternative'

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I got it already, played it for like 5 hours when it was in early access. It was my first experience with a MoW game, I think its needlessly complex and full of micro management. Having to individually ensure each soldier has enough ammo and special equipment is just silly. Being able to take manual control over tanks is pretty neat though.

I am taking a break from CoH 2 in anticipation of the new factions but I don't think this will replace it as my main RTS game.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Is the Assault Squad series a bit less involved than the original MoW series? I understand what the dev is going for but the amount of micro management in the series is just absurd. It takes the fun right out of it.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wis3boi

@walloftruth said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

I second that. 250 vehicles? Impressive! I have all of the Men of War games (besides this one obviously) on Steam but haven't played them yet because I just have too many games but Assault Squad 2 will definitely go on my wishlist.

if you like large unit counts, wargame has 1500

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46281 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

I got it already, played it for like 5 hours when it was in early access. It was my first experience with a MoW game, I think its needlessly complex and full of micro management. Having to individually ensure each soldier has enough ammo and special equipment is just silly. Being able to take manual control over tanks is pretty neat though.

I am taking a break from CoH 2 in anticipation of the new factions but I don't think this will replace it as my main RTS game.

The new factions are going to be awesome.

But I still play COH2 almost daily, it's my most played online game at the moment. There is much depth to each faction making each round feel different. And if the 2 new armies also provide that depth, I'm sure I'll put in many more hours.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

Does this have base building? I don't like base building in World war 2 games.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#12 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts
@Wasdie said:

Is the Assault Squad series a bit less involved than the original MoW series? I understand what the dev is going for but the amount of micro management in the series is just absurd. It takes the fun right out of it.

Definitely. I'm pretty crap at strategy games, but it didn't take me considerably more effort to get into Assault Squad 1 than it took me to get used to the original CoH. Adding to that, I heavily preferred Assault Squad to Company of Heroes.

I should add that I got a review copy of Assault Squad and was thus more or less forced to play it at length. So my advice to you is to just force yourself to sit down with the game for like 3-4 hours, and odds are you'll end up loving it.

Haven't played Assault Squad 2, btw, but I'll probably get it at one point.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By wis3boi

@walloftruth said:

@wis3boi said:

@walloftruth said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

I second that. 250 vehicles? Impressive! I have all of the Men of War games (besides this one obviously) on Steam but haven't played them yet because I just have too many games but Assault Squad 2 will definitely go on my wishlist.

if you like large unit counts, wargame has 1500

I already own the first Wargame on Steam, never played it though...man I have so many amazing games on Steam but not nearly enough time to play them all...damn bundles and sales...

i never got into the first two much despite having them, but the 3rd, Red Dragon, is nucking futs