Mount&Blade 2's engine and level editing shown off

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#51 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

It's a massive improvement. I really hope they work on the AI so that it feels far more natural and battles have a lot more strategy to them. I would love to be able to hire out generals to run the strategy so I can just be a solider in an army instead of always having to be the leader.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Wasdie said:

It's a massive improvement. I really hope they work on the AI so that it feels far more natural and battles have a lot more strategy to them. I would love to be able to hire out generals to run the strategy so I can just be a solider in an army instead of always having to be the leader.

that's a great idea. the generals could have different character traits and could determine certain things(ex: how often you go into battle or how much the loot goes to the army)

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#53 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I would love to be able to hire out generals to run the strategy so I can just be a solider in an army instead of always having to be the leader.

Pretty sure there was a mod that does something similar. Where you're a soldier that fights for a general/marshall.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

@Wasdie: I agree on that they need to improve AI. Especially add in proper formation making tools. But they should also redesign some weapons, which would do wonders towards making battles more tactical.

They did a great job with swords, lances, bows, crossbows and thrown weapons. However, axes, most blunt weapons, spears should be reworked from the ground up. Spears in particular should allow for proper spear walls.