MOTORSTORM=FLATOUT...anyone else notice that?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts

Well I was just playing the FlatOut Demo that's around on the internet everywhere and I think to myself: Wow, this is really really really similar to Motorstorm.

1. Destructable cars that break into pieces when crashed

2: Slow Speed (not bashing any game so don't get mad at this comment) and the nitrous that doesn't seem to do much

3: The Rag Doll physics (although Motorstorm is a bit more rigid and realistic, and FlatOut's is elastic and funny).

4: OffRoad Courses with lots of mud (Though Flatout has some other levels that are on concrete).

5: Dirty and Messy...all cars are dune buggy style and they aren't sport cars or anything you'd see on the street

Anyone else see the similarity between the gameplay of Motorstorm and FlatOut. I'm not sayin their bad games or anything, it's just funny that I heard some people (mostly that guy Reset7Machines) saying Motorstorm is the most unique off-road racing game.

Anyone agree with me?

MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts
Hahaha yeah I guess it's true. Racing games with ragdoll= dumb.
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MADVLAD123

Hahaha yeah I guess it's true. Racing games with ragdoll= dumb.MickeyTheNinja

well Flat Out has that awesome minigame where you launch that guy up in the air and watch him fall. Rag Doll is awesome when used right.

111v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 111v
Member since 2005 • 1007 Posts
they are somewhat similar but motostorm looks much much better.
tonyleo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 tonyleo01
Member since 2004 • 2255 Posts
lol, never have crossed my mind. Flat Out is an awesome game though.
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7524 Posts
i loved both Flatouts. :D
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MADVLAD123

they are somewhat similar but motostorm looks much much better.111v

well, yea obviously...but I was only talking about gameplay. I wasn't discussing the graphics here, cuz Motorstorm is much more different than Flat Out.

Hyper-Chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hyper-Chicken
Member since 2007 • 1348 Posts
I hated the flatout games, they're So slow and so boring.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
Flat Out is not really great , that is what will seperate Motorstorm from it.

-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts
No not all cars are dune buggy style...what about those semi trucks?
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts

I've seen tons of gameplay video from both games and at best, flatout is a downgraded ripoff compared to motostorm :| (even though flatout came first)

Edit: you should watch this video of flatout: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=12140&type=wmv&pl=game The crashes are way less satisfying and the sense of speed can be way less satisfying once you learn how to use the boost well in motorstorm. At first, when I saw this vid I thought "hmmm... it is somewhat similar to motorstorm" but then I saw a gameplay video of motorstorm right after and I was like "lol, motorstorm is way better..."

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MADVLAD123

I've seen tons of gameplay video from both games and at best, flatout is a downgraded ripoff compared to motostorm :| (even though flatout came first)munu9

then wouldn't the phrase "downgraded ripoff" mean nothing since Flat Out came first (like you pointed out)? It's not really fair to say that to Flat Out really. unless they make a game called FlatOut: MotorBadWeather, then it's a ripoff.

rockstar183

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rockstar183
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts
motorstorm is not slow at all. also the crashs in motorstorm are crazy they make u say wtf at times
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts

[QUOTE="MickeyTheNinja"]Hahaha yeah I guess it's true. Racing games with ragdoll= dumb.MADVLAD123

well Flat Out has that awesome minigame where you launch that guy up in the air and watch him fall. Rag Doll is awesome when used right.

I know, it's only used well in a comical matter. Not in a race with some friends. Then it seems cheesy.
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7524 Posts

I've seen tons of gameplay video from both games and at best, flatout is a downgraded ripoff compared to motostorm :| (even though flatout came first)

Edit: you should watch this video of flatout: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=12140&type=wmv&pl=game The crashes are way less satisfying and the sense of speed can be way less satisfying once you learn how to use the boost well in motorstorm. At first, when I saw this vid I thought "hmmm... it is somewhat similar to motorstorm" but then I saw a gameplay video of motorstorm right after and I was like "lol, motorstorm is way better..."

munu9

ive played both games :|

both are fun, and slightly different.

and yes Flatout is a cheap Ripoff of a game that came out like a year or 2 later :roll:

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MADVLAD123

motorstorm is not slow at all. also the crashs in motorstorm are crazy they make u say wtf at timesrockstar183

FlatOut has slowmotion crashes too...but I guess you're redirected away from the wreck to your flying corpse, so you can't really see the impact. Both games have some debris filled crashes that make you say WTF.

rockstar183

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rockstar183

[QUOTE="rockstar183"]motorstorm is not slow at all. also the crashs in motorstorm are crazy they make u say wtf at timesMADVLAD123

FlatOut has slowmotion crashes too...but I guess you're redirected away from the wreck to your flying corpse, so you can't really see the impact. Both games have some debris filled crashes that make you say WTF.

the best part of motorstorm is not when u crash but when 2 or 3 cars crash infront of u and u see them tumbling and flipping toward and some how they just miss u . there are alot of wtf moments like that
rockstar183

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rockstar183
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GBWzxcbMmqo
this is a nice vid
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
[QUOTE="munu9"]

Rob2223

and yes Flatout is a cheap Ripoff of a game that came out like a year or 2 later :roll:

Slightly different? Motorstorm takes place in the desert, flatout doesn't. In motorstorm when you hit something really fast the car breaks appart and explodes, in flatout, the car stop and the guy falls out of the car. Motorstorm is way more bouncy (in a realistic physics way). The only thing that's the same about them is their basic concept. :| And about the ripoff statemate, I was making a comparison smart guy. I'm not saying it's a ripoff, I'm saying it's the equivilant of a downgraded ripoff...

Taiko88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Taiko88
Member since 2004 • 1854 Posts
[QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="munu9"]

munu9

Slightly different? Motorstorm takes place in the desert, flatout doesn't. In motorstorm when you hit something really fast the car breaks appart and explodes, in flatout, the car stop and the guy falls out of the car. Motorstorm is way more bouncy (in a realistic physics way). The only thing that's the same about them is their basic concept. :| And about the ripoff statemate, I was making a comparison smart guy. I'm not saying it's a ripoff, I'm saying it's the equivilant of a downgraded ripoff...

"flatout is a downgraded ripoff compared to motostorm" saying that is not a comparison at all, and if you think so you need to go back to school and learn English. Seriously you flatout, pun intended, said that it is a downgraded ripoff, meaning that it is a downgraded ripoff, and you are not saying anything "equivelant" to it you just flatout said "its a downgraded ripoff", when it came out 2 years before Motorstorm. So you fail, smart guy.