More gameplay of KILLZONE2, from the 15 min gameplay preview

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

YEZZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 YEZZER
Member since 2007 • 125 Posts

http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/killzone-2-video-40131.html

a little more to what we havent seen, not the gt ones either

if this is not the end to all shooters i dont no what is. and lemming you must remember, this games has more than 8 people on the screen at ounce and has allot of stuff goin on the in the background,and the enviorments are really really big. not like geow, where every thing is caved in with only 8 players on the screen, and remember this is a ps3 game, made from sonu, and not a 360 game made off the unreal 3 engine, where everything has to have a shiny look, with raised texturs.

MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MegaPigeon
Member since 2007 • 1726 Posts

HOLY CRAP GOOD GRAPHICS TAHT MAENS AL OVU SHOOTORZ R DED

This sounds farmiliar to me......

Mind telling me any reason I should be thoroughly impressed with the stage demo aside form the graphics?

ALso, I think you may want to know about Halo 3. That has lots of characters on screen and incredibly large enviroments...

Also, Killzone is made by Guerilla, not Sony......

Also, how to you expect Killzone 2 to kill the likes of Half Life, Unreal, Halo, and Quake when Guerilla have only made 3 games, 2 of which were terrible? Valve, Epic, Bungie and id are all critically acclaimed developers who have made many classics (many of which werefirst person shooters).

YEZZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 YEZZER
Member since 2007 • 125 Posts

Mind telling me any reason I should be thoroughly impressed with the stage demo aside form the graphics?

ALso, I think you may want to know about Halo 3. That has lots of characters on screen and incredibly large enviroments...

Also, how to you expect Killzone 2 to kill the likes of Half Life, Unreal, Halo, and Quake when Guerilla have only made 3 games, 2 of which were terrible? Valve, Epic, Bungie and id are all critically acclaimed developers who have made many classics (many of which werefirst person shooters).

MegaPigeon

did i mention halo3 here. halo3 looks no where near the quality of killzone2 and geow, so i suggest you leave that little game out of this convo. im talking about the looks and feel of killzone 2 against geow.

Guerilla and sony dont need you to be amzed about kz2, because me and everyone who has seen the trailer, everyone eles are all ready hyped for the games and love the llook of it. u on the other hand to go back to playin you mini game system the wii

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ragrdoll21
Member since 2006 • 6048 Posts

How can anyone deny this game?!:)

threegodhalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 threegodhalo
Member since 2007 • 236 Posts

Cows remember what flopped twice before right? Made by the game company...

...it looks okay at most. Halo 3 and Gears still look better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 61913
Member since 2006 • 736 Posts
Killzone looks awesome :D
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ragrdoll21

threegodhalo
by "looks" do you mean graphics or game play?B/C there is no way in hell that Halo 3 looks better than KZ2 in the graphics department!
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MegaPigeon
[QUOTE="MegaPigeon"]

YEZZER

did i mention halo3 here. halo3 looks no where near the quality of killzone2 and geow, so i suggest you leave that little game out of this convo. im talking about the looks and feel of killzone 2 against geow.

Guerilla and sony dont need you to be amzed about kz2, because me and everyone who has seen the trailer, everyone eles are all ready hyped for the games and love the llook of it. u on the other hand to go back to playin you mini game system the wii

And the sad truth about fanboyism emerges...... SONY TELL ME TO LIKE IT SO I DO.

Also, if I may quote your original post:

"if this is not the end to all shooters i dont no what is"

Such a comment would ususally cover the likes Halo. Are you actually going to tell me why this game is going to kill every other shooter in existance or are you just another blind fanboy still buying into the hupe of the not-so originally acclaimed original? If Area 51 was PS2 exclusive and entitled "The Halo killer", would that instantly mean the latest edition would recieve heaps of hype? All Killzone is is an absolute mutt of a game, and Sony is trying to give it a pink bow tie and telling the mindless swarm of fanboys how pretty it is.

dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

MegaPigeon

Because the first one got 6.9:|

Anywho, I'm a cow, but even I'm smart enough not to hype this until Its fully proven itself as a good game. Maybe once more sites like ign or gamespot have previewed it themselves. I want to know what sets it apart from other fps.

GatoFeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 GatoFeo
Member since 2004 • 1846 Posts

threegodhalo

:lol: you must be blind, cause it looks much better than Halo. Idk about Gears, cause it has a different art style.

Broman6015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Broman6015
Member since 2007 • 1381 Posts
looks excellent, hopefully the gameplay will be good. What killed Killzone 1 for me was the sluggish controls.
mazdaspeed-rx8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mazdaspeed-rx8
Member since 2007 • 1000 Posts

threegodhalo
lol you must of forgot about bungies game that flopped, you know oni with the score of 6.9 for the pc and 7.1 for ps2 . http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/oni/index.html?tag=result;title;0
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MegaPigeon
[QUOTE="threegodhalo"]

mazdaspeed-rx8

lol you must of forgot about bungies game that flopped, you know oni with the score of 6.9 for the pc and 7.1 for ps2 . http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/oni/index.html?tag=result;title;0

Do Myth and Marathon strike a chord with you at all?

CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CR00K
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts

MegaPigeon
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/killzoneliberation/index.html?tag=result;title;0It got even higher reviews at other places, obviously, but it shows Guerilla knows what they are doing. The first Killzone was just them getting into the industry, basically. They have more experience now. I have confidence in them. Hopefully they can deliver.
agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts

threegodhalo

It only flopped once. The psp topdown game, liberation, was better than expected.

CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CR00K
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts
[QUOTE="threegodhalo"]

mazdaspeed-rx8

lol You can't respond to this. There is no argument passed what you just did.
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MegaPigeon
[QUOTE="MegaPigeon"]

CR00K

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/killzoneliberation/index.html?tag=result;title;0It got even higher reviews at other places, obviously, but it shows Guerilla knows what they are doing. The first Killzone was just them getting into the industry, basically. They have more experience now. I have confidence in them. Hopefully they can deliver.

That's probably the best game Guerilla have released, no question. I wouldn't call them quite as good a developer as the general 'big cheeses' if their best game has an average of 7.9-8.0. It'll be an improvement over the original, I'm just yet to see how it really is improved over the original aside from graphics. But what can I say, they've gained a little experience, but Bungie and co. have been around even longer and gained even more experience. It won't be killing any other shooter any time soon.

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ragrdoll21
[QUOTE="mazdaspeed-rx8"][QUOTE="threegodhalo"]

MegaPigeon

KillZone Liberation?!;)
threegodhalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 threegodhalo
Member since 2007 • 236 Posts
[QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="mazdaspeed-rx8"][QUOTE="threegodhalo"]

ragrdoll21

KillZone Liberation?!;)

Killzone Liberation flopped too. O_O
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MegaPigeon

ragrdoll21

KillZone Liberation?!;)

Killzone liberation isn't a critically acclaimed FPS or Strategy series :)

E_x_i_l_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 E_x_i_l_e
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts

I love people that have no idea what they're talking about:

It was confirmed by Motherh that it is played on God mode and on an easier difficulty setting.

Also, N'Gai from Newsweek got to actually play it and said the controls felt great and it played great. The first person cover system also made you feel like you were there in the whole mess of **** (Listen to the 1UP Yours podcast)

It's not just the graphics that are doing well, it's everything so far.

adriancostin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 adriancostin83
Member since 2007 • 1155 Posts
it looks cool....when u can actually see something, becasuse it's too dark
dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

It was confirmed by Motherh that it is played on God mode and on an easier difficulty setting.

Also, N'Gai from Newsweek got to actually play it and said the controls felt great and it played great. The first person cover system also made you feel like you were there in the whole mess of **** (Listen to the 1UP Yours podcast)

E_x_i_l_e

Stop it!

Your making me all hyped up for this when I dont want to be yet.

mazdaspeed-rx8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mazdaspeed-rx8
[QUOTE="mazdaspeed-rx8"][QUOTE="threegodhalo"]

MegaPigeon

sure do, infact marathon 2 from bungie made a 8.2 and your point? they made another game that flopped http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/marathon2/index.html?tag=result;title;2
Kushstrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kushstrain
Member since 2005 • 800 Posts

Podcast special 3 at 1:13:00.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3149993

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ragrdoll21
[QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="mazdaspeed-rx8"][QUOTE="threegodhalo"]

MegaPigeon

KillZone Liberation?!;)

Killzone liberation isn't a critically acclaimed FPS or Strategy series :)

It's a strategy top down shooter made by GG!8.3 @ game spot,which means its a great game!;)
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MegaPigeon

mazdaspeed-rx8

sure do, infact marathon 2 from bungie made a 8.2 and your point? they made another game that flopped http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/marathon2/index.html?tag=result;title;2

Myth- 8.9 http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/myththefallenlords/index.html

Myth 2-9.3 http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/myth2soulblighter/index.html

Not to mention the original Marathon which seems to have zero reviews anywhere 0_0

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ragrdoll21
it looks cool....when u can actually see something, becasuse it's too darkadriancostin83
To dark....that's such BS and you know it.Not every game can throw around purple and pink like it Orlando's Gay pride parade!!
Marcje124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Marcje124
Member since 2006 • 87 Posts
[QUOTE="MegaPigeon"]

YEZZER

GEOW is a THIRD person shooter, not a FIRST person shooter

"because me and everyone who has seen the trailer, everyone eles are all ready hyped for the games and love the llook of it."

omgwtfiwannabeabletolookinthafutare

MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MegaPigeon

ragrdoll21

It's a strategy top own shooter made by GG!8.3 @ game spot,which means its a great game!;)

It's no Marathon or Halo though :D

[QUOTE="adriancostin83"]it looks cool....when u can actually see something, becasuse it's too darkragrdoll21
To dark....that's such BS and you know it.Not every game can throw around purple and pink like it Orlando's Gay pride parade!!

Cow macro response #1254- GAERS IF JAGGIEZ IS TEH DARK. TEH MNO COLOR. TEH DARK> TEH DARK> TEH DARk.

I guess we'll have to scrap another cow macro now :(

mazdaspeed-rx8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mazdaspeed-rx8
[QUOTE="mazdaspeed-rx8"][QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="mazdaspeed-rx8"][QUOTE="threegodhalo"]

MegaPigeon

Not to mention the original Marathon which seems to have zero reviews anywhere 0_0

so they went to a high aa to aaa then went to a flop state with marahton 2 and oni?
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ragrdoll21
[QUOTE="ragrdoll21"]

MegaPigeon

It's a strategy top own shooter made by GG!8.3 @ game spot,which means its a great game!;)

It's no Marathon or Halo though :D

[QUOTE="adriancostin83"]it looks cool....when u can actually see something, becasuse it's too darkragrdoll21

Cow macro response #1254- GAERS IF JAGGIEZ IS TEH DARK. TEH MNO COLOR. TEH DARK> TEH DARK> TEH DARk.

I guess we'll have to scrap another cow macro now :(

So because some "insult"Cows made some crazy remarks you're going to do the same thing?....you're a real smart one.:roll: I love Gears Graphics,it's the best out there right now but R6:vegas is a much more complete game!;)
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MegaPigeon
[QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="mazdaspeed-rx8"][QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="mazdaspeed-rx8"][QUOTE="threegodhalo"]

mazdaspeed-rx8

so they went to a high aa to aaa then went to a flop state with marahton 2 and oni?

All good developers have low points....id and Epic have a fair few flops a hell of a lot worse than that of Oni. They've proven to have great amounts of talent before hand and have hit a few bumps along the way, where as Guerilla seems to have pulled a Phelma and Luise at the start of their life and are yet to really prove themselves aside from a top-down shooter with moderately good reviews.

PoppaLemming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PoppaLemming
Member since 2007 • 653 Posts
Cows have such low standards :lol::lol:
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MegaPigeon

So because some "insult"Cows made some crazy remarks you're going to do the same thing?....you're a real smart one.:roll: I love Gears Graphics,it's the best out there right now but R6:vegas is a much more complete game!;)ragrdoll21

What can I say, the typical opinion of Gears of War before and after release with cows worldwide was how it looked crap because it was dark. It seems that now there's a good looking game with a dark atmosphere, that automatically makes all dark games good as long as they're on the PS3. In fact, lems used the "their can't be colours everywhere in an apocalyptic war zome" defense, but it didn't stop a somewhat mindless onslaught from fanboys.

mazdaspeed-rx8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mazdaspeed-rx8
[QUOTE="mazdaspeed-rx8"][QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="mazdaspeed-rx8"][QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="mazdaspeed-rx8"][QUOTE="threegodhalo"]

MegaPigeon

All good developers have low points....id and Epic have a fair few flops a hell of a lot worse than that of Oni. They've proven to have great amounts of talent before hand and have hit a few bumps along the way, where as Guerilla seems to have pulled a Phelma and Luise at the start of their life and are yet to really prove themselves aside from a top-down shooter with moderately good reviews.

lol wow so you just spun it then pretty much? sorry but its easy to see KZ2 has made up the mistakes guerrila has made in the past. but oh well we just have to wait and see. but your right devs has their up and downs.
jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jujutheking
Member since 2006 • 2998 Posts
[QUOTE="YEZZER"][QUOTE="MegaPigeon"]

MegaPigeon

And the sad truth about fanboyism emerges...... SONY TELL ME TO LIKE IT SO I DO.

Also, if I may quote your original post:

"if this is not the end to all shooters i dont no what is"

Such a comment would ususally cover the likes Halo. Are you actually going to tell me why this game is going to kill every other shooter in existance or are you just another blind fanboy still buying into the hupe of the not-so originally acclaimed original? If Area 51 was PS2 exclusive and entitled "The Halo killer", would that instantly mean the latest edition would recieve heaps of hype? All Killzone is is an absolute mutt of a game, and Sony is trying to give it a pink bow tie and telling the mindless swarm of fanboys how pretty it is.

D=Sony didn't tell me to like crap.I still like KZ2 nad the guy switched on god mode.

Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Tamarind_Face
Member since 2007 • 2270 Posts

GODDAMN! best cover system confirmed!

Wowzer at the animations:o

Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts
[QUOTE="threegodhalo"]

GatoFeo

:lol: you must be blind, cause it looks much better than Halo. Idk about Gears, cause it has a different art style.

Wait so are you saying Killzone looks better then Halo and has a similer art style. But gears has a differnt art style then killzone?? If you are you must be somkein some crack. GEOW has a way more similer art style to Killzone. Halo has a WAY differnt art style then both of them.

jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jujutheking

E_x_i_l_e

hey man i tell these guys every time the same thing, but the go in the other thread still saying nonsense.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts

I dont know why some fanboys have such a hard time admitting that a game from another console looks good. KZ2 looks great, although not quite as good as i orginally thought. Im also not sure that i prefer it to Gears. But it looks good all the same. And i would probably purchase it if it were available on the X360.

Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Christ you lemmings think you know everything about the gameplay of a game that's a year away from release and only exists as a single stage demo. What you've seen MEANS NOTHING. All we know is this game already looks really good and has a year+ to go to look a whole lot better. YOU CAN"T ANALYZE GAMEPLAY OF A PREPREALPHA STAGE DEMO. JUST STOP IT.
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts
I already like the cover system more than Gears and R6V put together.
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MegaPigeon
[QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="mazdaspeed-rx8"][QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="mazdaspeed-rx8"][QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="mazdaspeed-rx8"][QUOTE="threegodhalo"]

mazdaspeed-rx8

lol wow so you just spun it then pretty much? sorry but its easy to see KZ2 has made up the mistakes guerrila has made in the past. but oh well we just have to wait and see. but your right devs has their up and downs.

Hardly. Guerilla are yet to make a game that really proves them to be worthy developers. id made Doom and Wolfenstein pretty early on in their life, and we all know how awesome they are. Marathon was Bungie's second game and that was a huge niché success. Guerilla have so far made 3 games (2 of which sucked), and seem to only show one that actually looks mildly inpressive when they have a ridiculous budget and a large work force. id and Bungie worked with a very low budget and very low work force in their early years, but they still managed to create absolute classics.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts

MegaPigeon

Fun fact of the day for you because you have no idea what your talking about. There are more people working on killzone from sony than there are people from GG. GG is a relatively small dev team because they used to be lost boys a team which just made GBA games. Yes they gained a few people when they became GG but it wasnt a large amount. It was still pretty the same core team. They now have over 130 people thats including sony which is the majority.

They didnt just make 3 games. They have made 7 games before this. Under lost boys and GG.

PoppaLemming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PoppaLemming

I dont know why some fanboys have such a hard time admitting that a game from another console looks good. KZ2 looks great, although not quite as good as i orginally thought. Im also not sure that i prefer it to Gears. But it looks good all the same. And i would probably purchase it if it were available on the X360.

lhughey

Killzone looks good. There's no denying that. However, it also looks dull and lacking in the fun department

People can cry pre pre pre pre pre alpha all they want. If there was some exciting things in the gameplay, they would have revealed them by now. A FPS cover system? There better be more than that

furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts
great cover system. they nailed it in first person. this game will be amazing, no question about it.
PoppaLemming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PoppaLemming

I already like the cover system more than Gears and R6V put together. Mordred19

So I take it you've played Killzone 2 already

jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jujutheking
[QUOTE="mazdaspeed-rx8"][QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="mazdaspeed-rx8"][QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="mazdaspeed-rx8"][QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="mazdaspeed-rx8"][QUOTE="threegodhalo"]

MegaPigeon

Hardly. Guerilla are yet to make a game that really proves them to be worthy developers. id made Doom and Wolfenstein pretty early on in their life, and we all know how awesome they are. Marathon was Bungie's second game and that was a huge niché success. Guerilla have so far made 3 games (2 of which sucked), and seem to only show one that actually looks mildly inpressive when they have a ridiculous budget and a large work force. id and Bungie worked with a very low budget and very low work force in their early years, but they still managed to create absolute classics.

LOL They didn't have any huge budget for Killzone liberation.What is this third gm u talking about?I know kz1 and killzone liberation.