Monster Hunter WII-U saves the system

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#51 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

This is mean but funny :P

i-b3JXw78-950x10000.jpg

locopatho

Honestly it looks like Tycho's got it down.

The game isn't about graphics or fast booming gameplay.

It's about Monster Hunting.

You Hunt Monsters, gather up resources go for the best weapons and armor.

If you don't like that then go and play something else while the rest of us have fun.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#52 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

I love Monster Hunter Tri and I can't wait to get the Wii U version. Gonna be freakin' awesome.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

There maybe some merit to this.

That Miiverse Community keeps growing of people asking for questions, fan art, and people interested in the game.

There's a lot of player posts too so that tells you there's people playing it.

LegatoSkyheart

That's good, I'm hating on it but as a Wii U owner, I honestly hope it does good for them. They need it.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

[QUOTE="Novotine"] delusional Bigboi500

well technically it doesnt need saving -  its not costing nintendo 300 per console lol ,   nintendo does make profit off of one game sold , ,      and this is nintendo  ,  see gamecube ( sold only 24 million but made a buttload of profit)   it just needs games to keep the profit going 

Shh, the fanboys don't want to hear common sense. They think only Sony can survive with low sales numbers.

Fvck man, if I were you, having mariokart64fan agreeing with me is the last thing I'd want for my argument.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
lawl
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Monster Hunter isn't a very good series. I will never understand why that game is a success in Japan. They love lame $hit though so no surprise really. Anyways Lego City Undercover is the only reason to consider a Wii U right now. Anything else worthplaying is on the other systems.

timbers_WSU
I could say the same with the West's obsession with anual CoD and sports games. Regardless if your looking for instant gratification without any effort on your part then it simply isn't the game for you.
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
The Wii U still sucks but MHTri on the Wii was great. MHWiiU is basically the only game I really want to play on the Wii U right now.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"] well technically it doesnt need saving -  its not costing nintendo 300 per console lol ,   nintendo does make profit off of one game sold , ,      and this is nintendo  ,  see gamecube ( sold only 24 million but made a buttload of profit)   it just needs games to keep the profit going 

Xaero_Gravity

Shh, the fanboys don't want to hear common sense. They think only Sony can survive with low sales numbers.

Fvck man, if I were you, having mariokart64fan agreeing with me is the last thing I'd want for my argument.

mariokart64fan>>>>>>>>>>>>you.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61526 Posts

Massive  IMFO.  I don't outright disagree, but  come on!

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Just got MH WiiU yesterday and put in 8 hours already, so very very addictive, I'm liking it a lot, even though im still a little lost on how to level up my character and such.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

i-b3JXw78-950x10000.jpg

heretrix

This sums up my thoughts pretty nicely.

Mine too.

There's a group of people who play it at my house every couple of days, and it doesn't look all that great. 

It looks like they took the worst part of every MMORPG ever created (grinding, and mindless fetch quests), and that's the entire game.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

i-b3JXw78-950x10000.jpg

Ly_the_Fairy

Mine too.

There's a group of people who play it at my house every couple of days, and it doesn't look all that great. 

It looks like they took the worst part of every MMORPG ever created (grinding, and mindless fetch quests), and that's the entire game.

Monster Hunter and xenoblade both remind of very stripped down single player MMO's. Running around large barren environments doing busy work just ain't my cup of tea.
Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts
Ok, you have to be kidding me.. .A 5 year old game that you can play in the wii and 3ds "saved" the system? lol
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61526 Posts

Ok, you have to be kidding me.. .A 5 year old game that you can play in the wii and 3ds "saved" the system? lolKaszilla

Shut the f*ck up.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#65 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaszilla"]Ok, you have to be kidding me.. .A 5 year old game that you can play in the wii and 3ds "saved" the system? lollundy86_4

Shut the f*ck up.

Lol I didn't know you could play Monster Hunter Wii U in the Wii.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

Lots of people just love to bash nintendo and the wii-u, yet I am sure most of them never played monster hunter on the WIi-u.

I have over 100hours into it already, I have played the wii-u everyday since it came out and its by far the best reason to buy a wii-u right now.

The game is fun, addicting, challenging, and has a ton of content.

While nintendo clearly has a huge lack of games right now, Monster hunter has saved this system, and its worth a buy.

vanadiel242424
Dude, I bash Wii-U hard and even I want that game bad. I have over 2000hrs in MH Freedom and MH Freedom Unite.
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#67 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

except... i can play virtually the same game on my portable 3DS for a fraction of the price...

bustword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 bustword
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts

Love monster hunter and brought the 3ds version.

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

Just got MH WiiU yesterday and put in 8 hours already, so very very addictive, I'm liking it a lot, even though im still a little lost on how to level up my character and such.

sailor232
You don't level up. Kill Monsters get better armor and weapons. To get more health you have to mix stuff to get ancient potions, or make power juices for unlimited stamina for a while. Thats all I remember, haven't played Monster Hunter since Capcom abandoned playstation gamers.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] I'm sorry, When the last time you cows got to play Monster Hunter? All the way back in 2009 on the psp? Yeah, thought so. I'll be here cracking some elder dragon skulls in while you cry in the corner.Shinobishyguy
who cares when the last time 'cows' played it? I played my first mh game last year on the vita, and man, the series isnt anything special.

who wants to bet you'd be praising it to the high heavens if it were still sony exclusive?

ye, just like how i praise lbp and journey for being sony exclusive :roll: oh wait i dont, those games suck, just like this franchise.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

i-b3JXw78-950x10000.jpg

Ly_the_Fairy

Mine too.

This. Boring games. Waiting for better ones instead.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
Ok, you have to be kidding me.. .A 5 year old game that you can play in the wii and 3ds "saved" the system? lolKaszilla
Cows and lemmings can't play it
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="campzor"] who cares when the last time 'cows' played it? I played my first mh game last year on the vita, and man, the series isnt anything special.

who wants to bet you'd be praising it to the high heavens if it were still sony exclusive?

ye, just like how i praise lbp and journey for being sony exclusive :roll: oh wait i dont, those games suck, just like this franchise.

Got good scores ;) so no, it doesn't suck You're an Australian, it doesn't appeal to you. Maybe if it had kangaroos...
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#74 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41575 Posts

except... i can play virtually the same game on my portable 3DS for a fraction of the price...

Dead-Memories
With NO online (considering everyone in SW loves that).
KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

Come on it's a last gen game. I enjoyed the Wii version but we really need a true HD Monster Hunter game, which is built from the ground for HD platforms without compromises because of gimped hardware (aka Wii and 3DS) ...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Come on it's a last gen game. I enjoyed the Wii version but we really need a true HD Monster Hunter game, which is built from the ground for HD platforms without compromises because of gimped hardware (aka Wii and 3DS) ...

KiZZo1

imagine actually having textures on armors, weapons and monsters, WOOOOW! but nah crapcom is fine releasing ps2 textures on a 2012 console and sheep all happy and call the game as a system savior, tight.,

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

[QUOTE="sailor232"]

CWEBB04z

You don't level up. Kill Monsters get better armor and weapons. To get more health you have to mix stuff to get ancient potions, or make power juices for unlimited stamina for a while. Thats all I remember, haven't played Monster Hunter since Capcom abandoned playstation gamers.

Sweet thanks. Guess I'll get used to it as I go, I'm just not too sure on the armour and weapon crafting system yet, I keep making things my character cant wear HAHA.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11811 Posts

A non nintendo game saved the system!?

also proof?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#79 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41575 Posts

A non nintendo game saved the system!?

also proof?

NoodleFighter
I believe Legato noted a spike in MiiVerse, it also helped sales a bit with the bundles in Europe (confirmed by UK retailers and Nintendo France)
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="KiZZo1"]

silversix_

imagine actually having textures on armors, weapons and monsters, WOOOOW! but nah crapcom is fine releasing ps2 textures on a 2012 console and sheep all happy and call the game as a system savior, tight.,

Its a fun game and that is what matters
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#81 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Don't care. Wii-U is still dead.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44247 Posts

Nah but had "N" parted with some dat piles of ill gotten Wii cash to ink an exclusive deal with Sega for PSO2 :shock: System Saved !! :P

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

[QUOTE="CWEBB04z"][QUOTE="sailor232"]

sailor232

Sweet thanks. Guess I'll get used to it as I go, I'm just not too sure on the armour and weapon crafting system yet, I keep making things my character cant wear HAHA.

Come on the WiiU Boards and the MH Tri U discussion Thread. We'll gladly help you on out.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#84 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
It has singlehandedly saved the WiiU?freedomfreak
Along with the OP who has played it for 100 hours. It's clear, Wii U is saved.
Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Shh, the fanboys don't want to hear common sense. They think only Sony can survive with low sales numbers.

Bigboi500

Holy fvcking shit, I hope to God you're joking.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]Fvck man, if I were you, having mariokart64fan agreeing with me is the last thing I'd want for my argument.Xaero_Gravity

Holy fvcking shit, I hope to God you're joking.

orig-11500591.jpg

Let the war begin