Modern Warfare 3 - Weapon Progression video, FPS of the year!

• 197 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

IW sure been busy releasing tons of videos regarding the upcoming biggest FPS in FPS history MW3, heres yet another video for the online and this one is all about weapons, equipment and how to make the game play the way you want: Video

Thoughts?

this baby will hit stores November 8th :D

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts
What? Sorry, too busy playing BF3...
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#3 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

So it has weapon upgrades. Still doubt if it will make the guns feel any less weak.

Guess I'll never find out.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Rent it, beat the single player take it back, never touch it again Activision is on a pernament boycott from me so I will only ever rent their games to try em out.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Nice, no more terrible CPoints system.
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
so you unlock all the same stuff as the last 3 games....this is nothing thats a game changer.....and why did they use modern warfare 2 game footage for that video?
Avatar image for deactivated-6040149309c71
deactivated-6040149309c71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-6040149309c71
Member since 2010 • 718 Posts

Im getting MW3 just for the spec ops. That is the best mode on MW2 by far.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
Looks like a nice rent.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 finalstar2007

so you unlock all the same stuff as the last 3 games....this is nothing thats a game changer.....and why did they use modern warfare 2 game footage for that video?stereointegrity

Well hey you know what they say if you dont like it then dont buy it, Mw2 looked pretty good and them keeping it the same engine is pretty fine with me and im sure it is also with millions of other fans, thats why there is a BF3 its a plan B if u dont enjoy CoD

Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ringx55
Member since 2008 • 5967 Posts
I'll get it a certain way, beat the SP and then return to BF3 MP.
DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts
Hit detection and damage looks terrible in that video. Whats the difference between a $15 map pack and a this $60 map pack?
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I'm at work so I can't watch it. Is it the same as Battlefield 3 where you level up each gun individually?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wasdie  Moderator

Nice, no more terrible CPoints system.SaltyMeatballs

That's the system used in Black Ops right? It was terrible. At first I had fun with it, then I realized I could just unlock the FAMAS early on in a prestige and dominate for the rest of it. Got real boring real fast.

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 stereointegrity
Hit detection and damage looks terrible in that video. Whats the difference between a $15 map pack and a this $60 map pack?DevilMightCry
there isnt one......... same guns....still no recoil with the gun...same guns....same weak shooting mechanics and lag....same animations........same everything........and people will spend 60 dollars on it......
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stereointegrity

I'm at work so I can't watch it. Is it the same as Battlefield 3 where you level up each gun individually?

Wasdie
its the pretty much the same gun leveling system that was in MW2 except u get all the guns to begin with......
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WilliamRLBaker

Wasdie
yeah its upgrade each gun individually.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 finalstar2007

Wasdie

Basically now you can level up your weapons along side with your character, each weapon has its own XP bar, leveling each weapon will unlock its atatchments, camos and the proficincy and what that is you can customize how your weapon fires bullets, maybe less kick? maybe faster aim and so on. its too good

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

So basically you got a perk for a gun. Hmm, doesn't sound very interesting.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SaltyMeatballs

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Nice, no more terrible CPoints system.Wasdie

That's the system used in Black Ops right? It was terrible. At first I had fun with it, then I realized I could just unlock the FAMAS early on in a prestige and dominate for the rest of it. Got real boring real fast.

Yep. That's why I disliked it, I don't even prestige but it made changing weapons for variety boring because personally I liked mastering a crap/not so popular gun in MW2, then unlocking camo and attachments.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

finalstar2007

Basically now you can level up your weapons along side with your character, each weapon has its own XP bar, leveling each weapon will unlock its atatchments, camos and the proficincy and what that is you can customize how your weapon fires bullets, maybe less kick? maybe faster aim and so on. its too good

So just a reorganization of what they had before? That's all it really is.

Also this is the same exact system that Battlefield 3 uses.

rasengan2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rasengan2552
Member since 2009 • 5071 Posts

FPS of year regardless.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

Did you see the noob tube gun? the round bounced right off the guy. Whats the point in having that if it's useless?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Wasdie  Moderator

FPS of year regardless.

rasengan2552

It's sad to admit that it probably will be because every other FPS this year has really failed to meet the expectations. The game either is to consolized (Crysis 2) or way to buggy (Red Orchestra 2). I would say BF3 is going to be the better shooter but it's really unpolished right now. It will be the better shooter once it's patched up, but that shouldn't be the case.

MW3 has the advantage of using a decade old engine where they've worked out all of the engine related bugs so they can focus on pure gameplay. The drawback is you get sub HD on the console and the same graphics we have had since 2007.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#25 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

modern warefare 2.1

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]Hit detection and damage looks terrible in that video. Whats the difference between a $15 map pack and a this $60 map pack?stereointegrity
there isnt one......... same guns....still no recoil with the gun...same guns....same weak shooting mechanics and lag....same animations........same everything........and people will spend 60 dollars on it......

Spending $60 on a game that will be played for over 30 days online with friends and many people around the world is better than looking at a game with pretty graphics imo, it will be worth it

The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Pacific
Member since 2011 • 1804 Posts
Candidate for a red box rental. Dont feel like paying 60$ for a yearly rehash.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

I really only play CoD's for SP but I guess that's interesting :P

Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Nice, no more terrible CPoints system.Wasdie

You could do that? I thought you had to level up until you can buy everything again instead of buying anything you want right from lvl 1.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Wasdie

Yep thats pretty much it. You basically unlock perks for your gun now so people can use the same gun on every map. There is stuff like reduced recoil, run faster, faster melee, etc. I'm sure when it comes out it will be praised to the heavens for being innovative

GTAV2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GTAV2012
Member since 2011 • 94 Posts
Looks fantastic. The biggest game in Universe history is coming November 8th!
rasengan2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rasengan2552

[QUOTE="rasengan2552"]

FPS of year regardless.

Wasdie

It's sad to admit that it probably will be because every other FPS this year has really failed to meet the expectations. The game either is to consolized (Crysis 2) or way to buggy (Red Orchestra 2). I would say BF3 is going to be the better shooter but it's really unpolished right now. It will be the better shooter once it's patched up, but that shouldn't be the case.

MW3 has the advantage of using a decade old engine where they've worked out all of the engine related bugs so they can focus on pure gameplay. The drawback is you get sub HD on the console and the same graphics we have had since 2007.

pretty much. I seriously thought last year that Crysis 2 would be the next best thing on consoles ... today, I don't even own the game. but yeah the field is so dry that COD can definitely come in and wipe the floor with the comp.
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 stereointegrity

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]Hit detection and damage looks terrible in that video. Whats the difference between a $15 map pack and a this $60 map pack?finalstar2007

Spending $60 on a game that will be played for over 30 days online with friends and many people around the world is better than looking at a game with pretty graphics imo, it will be worth it

so what is this game doing that MW2 isnt...you should have just kept playing that or black ops......
GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Nice, no more terrible CPoints system.Oil_rope_bombs

You could do that? I thought you had to level up until you can buy everything again instead of buying anything you want right from lvl 1.

You had to be at a certain level to unlock specific gun, but I think you unlock the FAMAS at lvl 14 and its one of the best guns in the game. I didnt think unlocking guns was that fun..... going after your pro perks was way more fun.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#35 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

[QUOTE="rasengan2552"]

FPS of year regardless.

Wasdie

I thought Crysis 2 had a pretty damn good linear campaign. The main problem of the game was that it had absolutely nothing to do with the original (and vastly superior) Crysis.

But in comparison with last year, which had games such as STALKER: CoP, BioShock 2, ArmA 2: OA, and Metro 2033, this year has indeed been a bit of a disappointment in terms of FPS.

ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ActionRemix
Member since 2011 • 5640 Posts
I hate unlock systems. I thought BF3's was bad with having to reunlock scopes for different guns, but unlocking better stats for your gun? Really?
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]Hit detection and damage looks terrible in that video. Whats the difference between a $15 map pack and a this $60 map pack?finalstar2007

One has to play the games their friends plays and since you spent 60 dollars on it I'm sure your gonna wanna get the most use out of it since it will be all that your friends will be willing to play. Thats not a good mark for the game...
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SaltyMeatballs

[QUOTE="rasengan2552"]

FPS of year regardless.

Wasdie

You get sub HD because they sacrifice resolution for 60fps. BF3 is sub HD too.
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15594 Posts

You unlock less kick? Come on how is that not just lame. It's bad enough having to unlock basic attachments to guns.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SaltyMeatballs

You unlock less kick? Come on how is that not just lame.

Vaasman
You miss out on other proficiencies such as deeper bullet penetration, the ability to have 2 attachments, etc.
GTAV2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GTAV2012
Member since 2011 • 94 Posts
Personal XP progression was a huge hit in CoD4; it may become the new star of MW3.
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 stereointegrity
[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

SaltyMeatballs
You miss out on other proficiencies such as deeper bullet penetration, the ability to have 2 attachments, etc.

wait....u mean the same things from the previous games?
rasengan2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rasengan2552
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="Vaasman"]

stereointegrity

you know how that old saying goes .... "don't fix ......."
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SaltyMeatballs
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="Vaasman"]

stereointegrity

Yes and no. Those were perks in previous games, weapon proficiencies in MW3 are not perks.
WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#45 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts

I don't know how people can say this game looks bad. It's not the most exciting or inventive upcoming game there is, but it looks like a lot of fun.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#46 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Cool I guess. Might just rent this. COD4 was the peak of the series IMO.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
Looks like a nice rent.Arach666
How do you rent PC games? :o
xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

I am perfectly happy buying rehash every year cause if it's not broke just tweek it a little. New maps, new weapons, and kill/death streaks. I like that this years COD seems pretty balance with the Perks, and the guns having their own perks is sweet. I haven't even finished Black Ops single player I don't even know if I finished MW2, I don't play games for single player I wish they would just release the COD games with the option to buy the full game for $60 or just get MP for $40 or so. Just think a year from now there will be a new COD I can't wait for that either!!!!!

arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

So stupid. That stuff has been in previous CoD games. Bouncing betty was in WaW, weapon leveling has basically been there since CoD4:MW since by using the guns is how you got camo and attachments, proficiencies are just a renamed version of perks. So sad for those people who are blind enough to fall for this stuff.

kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

You know what? Haters gonna hate. I've stopped listening to idiots that say "what sorry, I was too busy looking at BF3 lololol", this game is going to beat that game to a pulp and keep on going.

On topic though, this game is going to be amazing. And this little video shows off some cool new features I hadn't known about yet! Can't wait for the midnight launch, damn November 8th at midnightis gonna be cold in Canada though..