*MOD approved* Halo 3 Group Bet OWNAGE (AA team loses)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 85070537783
Member since 2005 • 1219 Posts
The return of the MC has brough the end of the war.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#202 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

Looking good guys.

I don't think I've seen anyone come here to bash you guys or the game so it's nice.

Tsug_Ze_Wind

They fear our righteous fury - and rightfully so. I am so righteous, I fear myself.

Yeah I know the feeling kind of...

Like...I'm so wicked kewl...that it scares me :o

NitaraPwnzU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#203 NitaraPwnzU
Member since 2007 • 1470 Posts

Yeah this thread is fun.. The losers in this thread have shown lots of class.. Much respect for them after seeing them honor the bet.

I am sure even the cows deep down realize the Master Chief is a cultural icon for this generation.. I mean seriously.. What other character has had the impact the Master Chief has.

Nintendo can say Mario and Link get the nod and recognition.. But come on the Master Chief is da **** :D

SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#204 SuperMario_46
Member since 2006 • 4960 Posts

Yeah this thread is fun.. The losers in this thread have shown lots of class.. Much respect for them after seeing them honor the bet.

I am sure even the cows deep down realize the Master Chief is a cultural icon for this generation.. I mean seriously.. What other character has had the impact the Master Chief has.

Nintendo can say Mario and Link get the nod and recognition.. But come on the Master Chief is da **** :D

NitaraPwnzU

Cultural icon? He's not that low, i'm sorry but for someone bigger than God himself your description just fails big time.

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 kcpp2b
[QUOTE="NitaraPwnzU"]

SuperMario_46

Cultural icon? He's not that low, i'm sorry but for someone bigger than God himself your description just fails big time.

lol nice one

SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 SuperMario_46
I :lol: at cows, i've seen none, just a buch of sheeps whining and lemmings claiming ownage.
NitaraPwnzU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 NitaraPwnzU
[QUOTE="NitaraPwnzU"]

SuperMario_46

I know.. WTF was I thinking. Damn I must go and get my MC action figure. Sit him on his gold and diamond studded throne and get on my hands and knees and praise the Master Chief and ask for his forgivness.

NitaraPwnzU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 NitaraPwnzU

Keep it out of this thread.. And again it is the whole package not just the single player campaign.. YouFAIL !!!The Multiplayer alone is worthy of a AAA score with everything they put in.

SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 SuperMario_46

So a prettier version of Halo 2 gets a 9.5 here over Bioshock and Metroid Prime 3 there is only one thing I can call the reviewers and people who maitain this site Gayspot, they are called hacks. Now I can see why Greg Kasavin left this place really has gone down the toilet Halo3 9.5 what a puke review.komdosina

Halo 3 puke?

I call the mightyness of Master chief and may his ray of angry thunder and power falls on you.

whocares9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#211 whocares9
Member since 2004 • 5062 Posts

Keep it out of this thread.. And again it is the whole package not just the single player campaign.. YouFAIL !!!The Multiplayer alone is worthy of a AAA score with everything they put in.

NitaraPwnzU

Oh gimme a break..the entire whole package thing...what a crock...Ratchet and Clank scores lower and lower each time simply because it is the same game...even though it bring NEW things to the game....but this game gets the entire "whole package" treatment BS? you know what the entire whole package is? Microsofts package of money in the mail to gamespot.

SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 SuperMario_46
[QUOTE="NitaraPwnzU"]

whocares9

Oh gimme a break..the entire whole package thing...what a crock...Ratchet and Clank scores lower and lower each time simply because it is the same game...even though it bring NEW things to the game....but this game gets the entire "whole package" treatment BS? you know what the entire whole package is? Microsofts package of money in the mail to gamespot.

I have to agree with everything but the last part.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
Damn, this thread got infiltrated by haters who didn't have the guts to back up their bias by betting on Halo 3 before the score came out :(
SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 SuperMario_46

Damn, this thread got infiltrated by haters who didn't have the guts to back up their bias by betting on Halo 3 before the score came out :(AdobeArtist

Anyone who doesn't like Halo goes straight to hell-

NitaraPwnzU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 NitaraPwnzU
[QUOTE="NitaraPwnzU"]

whocares9

Well it was good while it lasted.. But I figured the All good Things Being Halo 3 would get ripped..

Bottom line is to all the Haters.. Yes it got a 9.5.. Master Chief is a Deity unlike anything else in this world or any world.. All praise in his name the Master Chief :D

whocares9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#216 whocares9
Member since 2004 • 5062 Posts
[QUOTE="whocares9"][QUOTE="NitaraPwnzU"]

NitaraPwnzU

Well it was good while it lasted.. But I figured the All good Things Being Halo 3 would get ripped..

Bottom line is to all the Haters.. Yes it got a 9.5.. Master Chief is a Deity unlike anything else in this world or any world.. All praise in his name the Master Chief :D

I don't know man, He looks awefully like a power ranger to me. I think Harry Potter has him beat on popularity lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-62d1b87aec423
deactivated-62d1b87aec423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#217 deactivated-62d1b87aec423
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts

Go play your game with the worst hitboxes in the world, noob spraying and piss poor hacking problems. I'm sorry it didn't get a 9.5. I really am.

Power Rangers > Cribbage.

It's okay. Sucks you didn't get to enjoy the original Power Rangers either :'(

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 kcpp2b
[QUOTE="NitaraPwnzU"]

whocares9

So I guess MS also paid off and sent a package of money in the mail to IGN, Gametrailers, 1UP and Gamedaily etc...?

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 kcpp2b

DON'T let this thread die now. You have time left.

BTW.. I'm shortening this time to Friday night at midnight instead of sunday. Would be too long.

NitaraPwnzU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 NitaraPwnzU
Bump for more Master Chief Ownage
GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#221 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts
:lol: I WIN! :) But seriously guys, thinking Halo 3 wouldnt have gotten AAA was just........seriously. I mean, i follow every single Bungie Weekly Update and all other news they put up on their site, so after hearing all the features, knew it would be AAA. Not to mention the beta, an unfinished version of the game, was awesome.
SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 SuperMario_46
[QUOTE="whocares9"][QUOTE="NitaraPwnzU"]

kcpp2b

So I guess MS also paid off and sent a package of money in the mail to IGN, Gametrailers, 1UP and Gamedaily etc...?

I think the hole MS paid GS thing is stupid, however the review is just confusing, how is that Halo being a rehash and having bad things outscored bothTwilight Princess and Metroid prime andscored the same as World in Conflict.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"][QUOTE="whocares9"][QUOTE="NitaraPwnzU"]

SuperMario_46

I think the hole MS paid GS thing is stupid, however the review is just confusing, how is that Halo being a rehash and having bad things outscored bothTwilight Princess and Metroid prime andscored the same as World in Conflict.

Why don't you wait and play it. Then give your thoughts?

I'd presume it's the intangibles. Those hard to describe qualities and quantities that some games possess. Those can be very hard if not impossible to qualify or quantify. These are the kinds of things that create seeming discrepancies in final scores.

Stressing out about it in regards to a game you have not played is a waste of your time and energy.

Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts
who ever hype's this AA
may the gods be on your side
SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 SuperMario_46

Why don't you wait and play it. Then give your thoughts?

I'd presume it's the intangibles. Those hard to describe qualities and quantities that some games possess. Those can be very hard if not impossible to qualify or quantify. These are the kinds of things that create seeming discrepancies in final scores.

Stressing out about it in regards to a game you have not played is a waste of your time and energy.

Dreams-Visions

That's not my point, he said that it's basically the same game with a few new things and then 9.5, while Metroid actually does a lot of new things with the gameplay and the graphics, then why 8.5, if you read the review you seehow confusing it is, Kevin says:Iwish this was more like the previous prime games, and in the bad section it says: Doesn't do muchdifferent from previous games.

Don't get me wrong i think Halo is a good franchise and it probably deserves the score, but if Halo is 9.5, then Metroid should also be 9.5, and WiC should be at least a 10.

gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#226 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts

I finally brought Halo 3.

I was reluctant after the second, however after completion I have come to the conclusion that this is as good as gaming gets.

My hand was glued to the controller in seconds, I leaned closer and closer, the sound on full blast. I have gamed for years, however all of a sudden all my old favorite games like Baldur's gate seemed mediocre. Who needs PC games? Who needs any other games?

Halo 3 has turned the worst generation into the best, Bungie are my new favorite developer. I couldn't care less about the Witcher and Grey Matter anymore. If Halo 3 can do this to the FPS genre then imagine what Halo Wars will do for the RTS genre :o

gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 gingerdivid
:lol: I WIN! :) But seriously guys, thinking Halo 3 wouldnt have gotten AAA was just........seriously. I mean, i follow every single Bungie Weekly Update and all other news they put up on their site, so after hearing all the features, knew it would be AAA. Not to mention the beta, an unfinished version of the game, was awesome.GazzaB
I knew it would be AAA, but playing safe just isn't fun.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

I was reluctant after the second, however after completion I have come to the conclusion that this is as good as gaming gets.

My hand was glued to the controller in seconds, I leaned closer and closer, the sound on full blast. I have gamed for years, however all of a sudden all my old favorite games like Baldur's gate seemed mediocre. Who needs PC games? Who needs any other games?

Halo 3 has turned the worst generation into the best, Bungie are my new favorite developer. I couldn't care less about the Witcher and Grey Matter anymore. If Halo 3 can do this to the FPS genre then imagine what Halo Wars will do for the RTS genre :o

gingerdivid

That's a pretty glowing impression, young man. Cool.

As for Halo Wars...well...Bungie is not making that game, so...it has a good chance of flopping. World in Conflict has risen the bar pretty damn high in the RTS world.

SpaceMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 SpaceMatt
Member since 2003 • 3588 Posts
Less than twelve hours until our Chief returns to us! Rejoice!
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#230 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
I was owned betting against Halo 3. I'm so dumb.
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 gingerdivid
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"]

Dreams-Visions

As for Halo Wars...well...Bungie is not making that game, so...it has a good chance of flopping. World in Conflict has risen the bar pretty damn high in the RTS world.

Anything in the Halo franchise is godly, I don't see any PC RTS coming close to Halo Wars.
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 DeadMan1290
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="gingerdivid"]

gingerdivid

Anything in the Halo franchise is godly, I don't see any PC RTS coming close to Halo Wars.

I agree.

skazbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 skazbot
Member since 2006 • 333 Posts
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"][QUOTE="whocares9"][QUOTE="NitaraPwnzU"]

SuperMario_46

You do realize being a sheepmeans that you basically can't complain about rehases on other systems right?? I mean c'mon nintendo has had the same six games for the past 15 years.

SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 SuperMario_46

You do realize being a sheepmeans that you basically can't complain about rehases on other systems right?? I mean c'mon nintendo has had the same six games for the past 15 years.

skazbot

That's not what im talking about, if Zelda's score is lower because it's the same gameplay as OoT, why not Halo?

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 DeadMan1290

The Holy One

azshorty2003

Oh man that pic is great:lol:

ishxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 ishxan
Member since 2006 • 369 Posts
[QUOTE="skazbot"]

SuperMario_46

That's not what im talking about, if Zelda's score is lower because it's the same gameplay as OoT, why not Halo?

Maybe because Halo is better than OoT and Halo 3 is better than TP? Wow, that was a leap of logic; Halo is just a better game.

SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 SuperMario_46

If you read the bible carefully you'll find out that Master Chief is actually the father of Jesus.

SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 SuperMario_46
[QUOTE="SuperMario_46"][QUOTE="skazbot"]

ishxan

Maybe because Halo is better than OoT and Halo 3 is better than TP? Wow, that was a leap of logic; Halo is just a better game.

No, just no. You can't compare a classic with a regular shooter.

And if so, better or not, it's a rehash of the previous game, if halo got 9.5, so should Metroid, a game that actually does something different with the core gameplay.

ishxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 ishxan
Member since 2006 • 369 Posts
[QUOTE="ishxan"][QUOTE="SuperMario_46"][QUOTE="skazbot"]

SuperMario_46

No, just no. You can't compare a classic with a regular shooter.

And if so, better or not, it's a rehash of the previous game, if halo got 9.5, so should Metroid, a game that actually does something different with the core gameplay.

I think you are missing the point here. Halo 3 keeps all the fundementals of Halo 2 because they were damn near perfect, but whatever Halo 2 did wrong Halo 3 made it right and added a host of additional content to throw it into new heights. MP fundemental gameplay is far from perfect and it can't be compared to Halo. MP or Zelda are classics of an age gone, Halo is at a different level when it comes to gameplay. By the way, you have to face this... Halo is a classic, and a behemoth at that; I mean do you ever see a game hyping up to be a MP killer or Zelda killer?

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 kcpp2b
[QUOTE="skazbot"]

SuperMario_46

Dude you're not going by the rules of your bet? What are you doing?

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 kcpp2b

THIS IS NOT A PLACE TO DISCUSS THE GAME HALO 3.

THIS IS FOR THE GROUP BET.

AND SUPERMARIO YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PRAISING IT. I SHOULDN'T BE REMINDING ANYONE OF THIS.

ALL OF THIS IS IN THE OP. Thanks

SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 SuperMario_46

AND SUPERMARIO YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PRAISING IT. I SHOULDN'T BE REMINDING ANYONE OF THIS.

kcpp2b

I'm sorry, the fanboy inside me wants to bash Halo to death.

oh and Halo is perfection in every single way, Ocarina of What? God of Who? Twilight WTF? Hail to the chief everyone!

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 kcpp2b
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

SuperMario_46

I'm sorry, the fanboy inside me wants to bash Halo to death.

oh and Halo is perfection in every single way, Ocarina of What? God of Who? Twilight WTF? Hail to the chief everyone!

Guys lemme just say a score is just a score. It's peoples opinions. People are unique that way even if their opinion don't go along side yours.

SO NO MORE SPEAK OF DEBATE HERE ABOUT THE GAME IN THIS MANOR. Follow the rules. Anyone else not part of the bet can say what they want but the bet members or the losing team rather can only follow rules.

AND there is to be NO flaming by anyone to the losing team either. This is a fun thread no bashing or arguing

SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 SuperMario_46

Guys lemme just say a score is just a score. It's peoples opinions. People are unique that way even if their opinion don't go along side yours.

SO NO MORE SPEAK OF DEBATE HERE ABOUT THE GAME IN THIS MANOR. Follow the rules. Anyone else not part of the bet can say what they want but the bet members or the losing team rather can only follow rules.

AND there is to be NO flaming by anyone to the losing team either. This is a fun thread no bashing or arguing

kcpp2b

Yes SIR!!!!!!!

Halo is beatiful, i wish i was married to that game, i'll do it with it every night.

kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 kulmiye
Member since 2004 • 12094 Posts

Shall I compare Halo 3 to a summers day?

Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature's changing course untrimm'd;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou owest;
Nor shall Death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou growest:
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this and this gives life
to thee.

What can I say guys Halo 3 is a superb rivalled by no FPS. It has top notch production value and is constantly praise as one of the best competitive multiplayers out there so by no means is Halo 3 worthy of a 9.5.... No wait a 10. HALO 3 AND MC ARE CHAMPIONS.... THEY ARE THE CHAMPIONS... :) :D ....

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 kcpp2b

Shall I compare Halo 3 to a summers day?

Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature's changing course untrimm'd;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou owest;
Nor shall Death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou growest:
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this and this gives life
to thee.

What can I say guys Halo 3 is a superb rivalled by no FPS. It has top notch production value and is constantly praise as one of the best competitive multiplayers out there so by no means is Halo 3 worthy of a 9.5.... No wait a 10. HALO 3 AND MC ARE CHAMPIONS.... THEY ARE THE CHAMPIONS... :) :D ....

kulmiye

NICE

BTW People Kulmiye is on leave for losing his bet but only here to do this thread as part of his other losing bet being the group bet. So he is allowed to post here but nowhere else

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#247 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts

Oh god why did I had to place A bet against halo3...

What Im I goning to do If kZ2 Does not scores 9.5 , It looks great 9 for sure but in order to save my ass from massive ownage It'll have to get 9.5 or 10.0...

I'll make a new customized"onwed on sw bar" just in case...

luigigreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#248 luigigreen
Member since 2005 • 4888 Posts
Halo 3 is the pinnicle of Man's creation. It's the modern David, so to say. It's impossible to imagine gaming today without Halo 3 or the Halo series. Everything else fails to live up to such a great game, including so called classics as Mario, LoZ, and more.
kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 kulmiye

NICE

BTW People Kulmiye is on leave for losing his bet but only here to do this thread as part of his other losing bet being the group bet. So he is allowed to post here but nowhere else

kcpp2b

Oh why did I every post a bet against Halo 3 now I can't praise it along with the other lemmings :( Halo 3 completes me it reinvented gaming for ME :) ...

kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 kulmiye

Halo 3 is the pinnicle of Man's creation. It's the modern David, so to say. It's impossible to imagine gaming today without Halo 3 or the Halo series. Everything else fails to live up to such a great game, including so called classics as Mario, LoZ, and more.luigigreen

Indeed its superiority is outstanding :)