Microsoft is Getting So Desperate to Sell Xbox One's

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

Game store's offering Xbox One layaway programs for Xbox One, same stores also offering $399 price for Xbox One when you trade PS3 towards it.

LOL whats next... Chance to win an Xbox One with every purchase of a box of crackerjacks???

I mean this is getting laughable, and now Phil Harrison from Microsoft had to retaliate against the dev of Sniper Elite series Rebellion Games statement saying " The ES ram will not allow them to do 1080p for Sniper Elite 3 on Xbox One"....Harrison was embarrassingly stating in reply that the "Xbox One has two games with 1080p, Forza 5 and Kinect Sports".....Seriously???

Thats what you proudly hail as proof of 1080p.....oh Phil just hang your head in shame and don't try to defend Xbox One anymore it's just embarrassing for all who hear it and own it.

PS4 is looking better and better.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

The XBone is just an expensive Roku posing as a game console. Anyone with a shred of intellect knows what the score is.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

I'm not seeing any desperation

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Microsoft Desperation Continuation

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Reaching

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@juarbles said:

All this just speeds up the xbone's end. Real gaming will finally be free from substandard crap and the xboners who support it.

your shtick is getting old

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i dont see desperation on ms part....if anything its gamestop.

i dont know why ms would be desperate to do anything. from the numbers im seeing, they are doing great and titanfall is about to come out. it hasnt even been 6 months yet to start scrambling and doing promotions. they should just let their products speak for themselves for 6 months. now if by summer, the numbers are flat and the gap has widened, thats when they should start doing that trade your ps3 deal or price cut

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts
@Chutebox said:

REALLY??? Then you might need glasses.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:
@Chutebox said:

i dont either. thats gamestops program. you could do that for a lot of systems from gamestop

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:
@Chutebox said:

Or you could figure out how competition works

@jsmoke03 said:

@Slimmin360 said:
@Chutebox said:

i dont either. thats gamestops program. you could do that for a lot of systems from gamestop

The 100 off X1 was for Microsoft stores, if that's what you were referring to.

Eisen_Howl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 Eisen_Howl
Member since 2014 • 83 Posts

@Slimmin360:

Could you please link the whole Sniper Elite can't be done in 1080p/60fps due to ESRAM?

I haven't heard about it up until now.

The whole Phil Harrison pointing out Forza Microtransactions 5...wait, sorry, Forza Motorsport 5 and Kinect Sports being 1080p i've heard of, however.

Which is...kind of...baffling.

Those can't be the only game on Xbox One that are 1080p, right? riight?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shewgenja

I'd call it Gamestops desperation. It's not Microsofts fault they overestimated need for supply. That being said, it is FUNNY AS **** to see XBones stacking up everywhere like tribbles from Star Trek.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

I'd call it Gamestops desperation. It's not Microsofts fault they overestimated need for supply. That being said, it is FUNNY AS **** to see XBones stacking up everywhere like tribbles from Star Trek.

Yeah on the CAG forums I see threads about wha online store has PS4's in stock as an alert to those who want them but usually go out of stock shortly after, saw a gamesto with signs on the window that they had PS4 in stock. Meanwhile I never saw anyone on CAG make threads about xb1 in stock or stores saying they have them because they are allover the place and don't move.

Ill get one in a year or so once the price drops quite a bit and developers I actually like make some exclusives out for it. But that wont be till 2015 before I have enough reason to buy one.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

Game store's offering Xbox One layaway programs for Xbox One, same stores also offering $399 price for Xbox One when you trade PS3 towards it.

LOL whats next... Chance to win an Xbox One with every purchase of a box of crackerjacks???

I mean this is getting laughable, and now Phil Harrison from Microsoft had to retaliate against the dev of Sniper Elite series Rebellion Games statement saying " The ES ram will not allow them to do 1080p for Sniper Elite 3 on Xbox One"....Harrison was embarrassingly stating in reply that the "Xbox One has two games with 1080p, Forza 5 and Kinect Sports".....Seriously???

Thats what you proudly hail as proof of 1080p.....oh Phil just hang your head in shame and don't try to defend Xbox One anymore it's just embarrassing for all who hear it and own it.

PS4 is looking better and better.

1. There is a layaway program for the PS4 at GS, too.
  2. The $399 is for turning in a 360 or a PS3

What's laughable is your half truths. Poor cows, so worried the XB1 is going to beat your PS4 you have to post fake-news...

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Does my IP auction prediction hold any water yet?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#17 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Slimmin360: This attitude is whats embarrassing. "just give up", "just leave the industry". So many gamers are little bitch, quitters. "Oh no, 4 months in and you're not number 1 in sales, guess we should just pack it in". Whats sad some of you are Americans. When did my country men become such prima Donna's? US Hockey team has no chance if that's the attitude.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

A) Numerous games on PS4 have not been 1080p and 60fps, and...

B) GameStop UK discounted PS4 prices by 20 pounds, and it's selling really well there. Stores don't always discount unpopular items... sometimes when something's popular, they want you to buy it at THEIR store.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

Yea Im not seeing desperation here.

@Shewgenja said:

The XBone is just an expensive Roku posing as a game console. Anyone with a shred of intellect knows what the score is.

And Shew this is going a bit far. I have both consoles and have enjoyed the XB1 experience more as of now due to the early games lineup. I'd like to consider myself a level headed individual.... Do I admit the PS4 has a bit more muscle under the hood? Certainly, but the difference is not as much as most here like to make it out to be. I am so sick of resolution/fps debates. The same people who passed this off as nothing when us PC gamers mentioned it are now using it as ownage vs. xb1.

In the end the games will be the true test. So far XB1 has won with software in my mind. Now if last gen repeats itself Sony's first party exclusives will pull ahead with time.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Shewgenja

@ankor77 said:

@Shewgenja said:

And Shew this is going a bit far. I have both consoles and have enjoyed the XB1 experience more as of now due to the early games lineup. I'd like to consider myself a level headed individual.... Do I admit the PS4 has a bit more muscle under the hood? Certainly, but the difference is not as much as most here like to make it out to be. I am so sick of resolution/fps debates. The same people who passed this off as nothing when us PC gamers mentioned it are now using it as ownage vs. xb1.

In the end the games will be the true test. So far XB1 has won with software in my mind. Now if last gen repeats itself Sony's first party exclusives will pull ahead with time.

Metacritic paints a different story. I'm glad you like your voice activated TV remote, though.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

But seriously, buy what you like. Neither console is desperate. MS and partners are offering deals, but there are PS4 deals too. This is business, nothing new.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Lots of places do this with high value products. I am not sure why this is here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5851fca92f6f5
deactivated-5851fca92f6f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-5851fca92f6f5
Member since 2010 • 100 Posts

Isn't this a common thing with expensive items? Where is the desperation?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@ankor77 said:

@Shewgenja said:

Metacritic paints a different story. I'm glad you like your voice activated TV remote, though.

I enjoy all of my devices as I have them all. Luckily I dont have to choose. But I do have to choose which system to spend my time on. Thats where MS has won SO FAR. The only new PS4 game not available on last gen rated higher on metacritic than Forza5 and DR3 is Resogun(which i do love). If we go by Gamespot which we should here Forza scores highest among next gen exclusives.

As far as the other xbox1 capabilities with voice and stuff I could give or take them. Its ok being able to say go to netflix, but the games are what count even if microsoft has marketed the other stuff a bunch. And so far going by this websites scoring system xb1 has the best new title. Incoming comments about forza microtransactionsport are expected but the game is great.... As I said time will tell. I think Titanfall will be better then Infamous, but Sony's first party will most likely pump out more quality exclusives than MS as time goes on

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

How many times is this going to be posted?