Microsoft is delivering...AMAZING

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

THIS IS GENIUS.

Releasing this 2008 Defense game for free is an effort to make the impending 2007 Retail Halo 3 release the highlight of this Gold Free Games program...before this program shuts down later this year.

I know people were expecting full retail game once per month, but c'mon guys, be happy. Misleading or not, it's nice they didn't accidently forget to announce something.

Behind the scenes it has been heard that the Suits/Execs aren't happy about this program one iota and are waiting to end it A.S.A.P....which is scheduled to happen before Xbox One launches. This isn't the Free Games business after all. The idea is to keep subscribing your Gold and if lucky, buy an Xbox One and keep on keepin' on.

Also, I own this Defense Grid game on PC and played it for many hours, it's one of the better tower defense games if you like that genre. Sure, Tower Defense games aren't everyone's cup of tea, except for the Cup of T Defense game which was amazing, but overall it could be worse.

They did afterall announce they could and may release Kinect only games as free games...that would have sucked.

You guys should go easier on Xbox, I got .25 cents for my birthday for ONE thing, and they didn't have to be so generous. Now, I am getting this 2008 CIassic DL Grid game from XBLA for free I can play again after five years...this is heaven and how I pictured gaming many years ago. It's funny, I was just talking about this game a while back, and now I am getting it for free on XBLA.

I have supported the X-Treme Xbox brand since the Xbox Uno, I also have the Xbox Threehundred and Sixty, and I'm getting the Xbone. Times are good for X-fanatics, and I detect too much entitlement around here.

EDIT: I was going to leave this thread, but I see people getting hot and bothered in their posts so I will leave an insider tip to shut you guys up and make you smile for once in your greedy little lives. While Defense Grid seems like a week offering, along with Fable 3, you have to keep in mind a real winner has been planned before we get to play HALO 3 for the first time.

I got a hot tip that we are also getting an HD remake of this soon, FOR FREE, so quit your belly aching:

[spoiler]

1pong.gif

[/spoiler]

super600

That defense game released in 2010.

No, it did not.:lol:

Have you gone full on lemcrazy? No, seriously why didn't you at least look this up? :P

First of all, I mentioned I played it on PC above, yes? Got that out of the way. :idea:

Look at this date in the LINK.

"Genre: Strategy, Indie

Release Date: Dec 8, 2008"

I have no idea if you ever played this indie game, but I know this first hand because guess why...I may have mentioned I played it. :o

Secondly, if you are ignoring Defense Grid: The Awakening's PC roots, and you are only looking at the XBLA port release date, the XBLA port of Defense Grid came out Sept. 2009.

So...you'd still be wrong with that wrong 2010 correction. :?

It's all good bro.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Brb, buying an Xbox 360 + Xbox LIVE just to have a taste of MS's infinite generousityBPoole96
:lol::lol:

and your sig :lol::lol:

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

THIS IS GENIUS.

Releasing this 2008 Defense game for free is an effort to make the impending 2007 Retail Halo 3 release the highlight of this Gold Free Games program...before this program shuts down later this year.

I know people were expecting full retail game once per month, but c'mon guys, be happy. Misleading or not, it's nice they didn't accidently forget to announce something.

Behind the scenes it has been heard that the Suits/Execs aren't happy about this program one iota and are waiting to end it A.S.A.P....which is scheduled to happen before Xbox One launches. This isn't the Free Games business after all. The idea is to keep subscribing your Gold and if lucky, buy an Xbox One and keep on keepin' on.

Also, I own this Defense Grid game on PC and played it for many hours, it's one of the better tower defense games if you like that genre. Sure, Tower Defense games aren't everyone's cup of tea, except for the Cup of T Defense game which was amazing, but overall it could be worse.

They did afterall announce they could and may release Kinect only games as free games...that would have sucked.

You guys should go easier on Xbox, I got .25 cents for my birthday for ONE thing, and they didn't have to be so generous. Now, I am getting this 2008 CIassic DL Grid game from XBLA for free I can play again after five years...this is heaven and how I pictured gaming many years ago. It's funny, I was just talking about this game a while back, and now I am getting it for free on XBLA.

I have supported the X-Treme Xbox brand since the Xbox Uno, I also have the Xbox Threehundred and Sixty, and I'm getting the Xbone. Times are good for X-fanatics, and I detect too much entitlement around here.

EDIT: I was going to leave this thread, but I see people getting hot and bothered in their posts so I will leave an insider tip to shut you guys up and make you smile for once in your greedy little lives. While Defense Grid seems like a week offering, along with Fable 3, you have to keep in mind a real winner has been planned before we get to play HALO 3 for the first time.

I got a hot tip that we are also getting an HD remake of this soon, FOR FREE, so quit your belly aching:

[spoiler]

1pong.gif

[/spoiler]

SolidTy

No, it did not. First of all, I mentioned I played it on PC. Secondly, if you are ignoring it's PC roots, and you are only looking at the XBLA port release date, it came out Sept. 2009.

It released on xbox live arcade in 2010.

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Douevenlift_bro

THIS IS GENIUS.

[spoiler]

1pong.gif

[/spoiler]

SolidTy

*APPLAUSE* :lol: I can almost touch the sarcasm in this post!

Excellent.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

SolidTy:

----

THIS IS GENIUS.

[spoiler]

1pong.gif

[/spoiler]

----

super600

No, it did not.:lol:

Have you gone full on lemcrazy? No, seriously why didn't you at least look this up? :P

First of all, I mentioned I played it on PC above, yes? Got that out of the way. :idea:

Look at this date in the LINK.

"Genre: Strategy, Indie

Release Date: Dec 8, 2008"

I have no idea if you ever played this indie game, but I know this first hand because guess why...I may have mentioned I played it. :o

Secondly, if you are ignoring Defense Grid: The Awakening's PC roots, and you are only looking at the XBLA port release date, the XBLA port of Defense Grid came out Sept. 2009.

So...you'd still be wrong with that wrong 2010 correction. :?

It's all good bro.

It released on xbox live arcade in 2010.

In my first post I was clearly talking about the original release on PC which you didn't bother to look up.

That is how old the game is, 2008. Defense grid came out in 2008, despite it being a port.

I decided to look this up for you, but ultimately it doesn't change the fact Defense Grid released for the first time in 2008 on the PC platform. It later was ported to XBLA.

While I'm here though:

IGN: XBLA Release Date: September 2, 2009

Metacritic XBLA Release date: Sept. 2, 2009

I'm going to keep this simple:

I actually don't care that when Defense Grid was ported to XBLA or other platforms, my MAIN original point was the first time Defense Grid was released was in 2008. Defense Grid's original release date of 2008 on PC which was correct. It was a good game, and it's great news that it was ported for more gamers to enjoy it. I'm sorry my point wasn't completely clear before.

It is sort of like when Mass Effect 1 was announced coming to PS3, where see posts like this:

"LOL, Cows bragging about playing 2007's Mass Effect 1 LOLOL."

Then another user quotes: "Mass Effect 1 released in 2012 for PSN, not 2007."

You see what's going on? I'm talking about the game's first release, you are narrowing it down to XBLA's first release, which is a different point.

I said in the first post I played DG on PC.

LOLOL at this convo.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

Perfect for lems' low standards. Gamers have to remember that lems standards are 6 feet underground, that's why they're not even considered gamers.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17463 Posts

Perfect for lems' low standards. Gamers have to remember that lems standards are 6 feet underground, that's why they're not even considered gamers.

kuraimen
So you are really a lem?
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]

navyguy21
So you are really a lem?

Lol wow such an amazing, witty and smart comeback LOL
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

THIS IS GENIUS.

[spoiler]

1pong.gif

[/spoiler]

Douevenlift_bro

Excellent.

Put these on and enjoy...:lol:

545C.jpg

I want to laugh, and if someone else doesn't take a shot, by george I'll give it the old college go.

Too much seriousness in the thread and SW lately to be honest. :P

productimage-picture-why-so-serious-1-12

HiraiKazuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 HiraiKazuo
Member since 2013 • 283 Posts
I'm glad to see many people like our PS PLUS© service.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

What's microsoft delivering again?

ReadingRainbow4
Games and a system, apparently.
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

THIS IS GENIUS.

[spoiler]

1pong.gif

[/spoiler]

SolidTy

Excellent.

Put these on and enjoy...:lol:

545C.jpg

I want to laugh, and if someone else doesn't take a shot, by george I'll give it the old college go.

Too much seriousness in the thread and SW lately to be honest. :P

productimage-picture-why-so-serious-1-12

Well done sir, well done :cool:

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 navyguy21
[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]

kuraimen
So you are really a lem?

Lol wow such an amazing, witty and smart comeback LOL

I know, i surprise myself sometimes :)
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#64 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

That's actually a great game. Disappointing it's not a retail game for xbox live members I guess.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 cain006

kuraimen

Have you even played the game? It's a great tower defense game and gets hard pretty quick.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
I never played this game so it'll be new for gamers like me. Thanks MS! Amazing indeed, thanks TC for the heads up about this deal.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SolidTy

I'm glad to see many people like our PS PLUS© service.HiraiKazuo

Thank you lord Kaz.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 navyguy21

[QUOTE="HiraiKazuo"]I'm glad to see many people like our PS PLUS© service.SolidTy

Thank you lord Kaz.

OMG, have you been infected with the cowzombie virus?
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="HiraiKazuo"]I'm glad to see many people like our PS PLUS© service.navyguy21

Thank you lord Kaz.

No jokes anymore, eh?

It's not what you think, it's just a mutated strain of the cordyceps fungus.

BTW: That is literally the first time I've ever typed that, and it's for a new account named HiraiKazuo...what better welcome than that?

You know me, I've welcomed many new GS accounts over the years. :P

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts
well im sure the games will get better as they get closer to November when the best console of all time will launch in the XBO. Already downloaded Fable 3, will download this, and then Halo 3 9.5 greatness. I own those games, its not like a rental like you get on the PSN plus network. Once you stop paying the 50 dollars, the game disappears right? I thought Sony fans were the ones that complained about rentals?
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

What a kind company.

HiraiKazuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 HiraiKazuo
Member since 2013 • 283 Posts
[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

I'm glad to see many people like our PS PLUS© service.HiraiKazuo

Thank you lord Kaz.

Mess with my drones and I will have the Yakuza hunt you down.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts
It's just the first game, but seems that the ps3 fanboys were expecting more than the xbox fanboys where. No clue why. :P While that ain't my type of game, it's a game nonetheless. Should I laugh and point fingers that the first game offered for PS Plus was LittleBigPlanet? But these games on this promotion, you can keep and play without gold. I only have a few games from Plus that I was able to play without having Plus.
shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75 shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

THIS IS GENIUS.

[spoiler]

1pong.gif

[/spoiler]

SolidTy

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif?1363

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

THIS IS GENIUS.

[spoiler]

1pong.gif

[/spoiler]

shadiezz2012

url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=X6gmX7s

I'm not sure what the picture was supposed to be. I can't tell if you are offended or happy, but after beating HALO 2 for the first time in 2004, I'm excited for the sequel 2007 Halo 3 sequel that we are getting for free!!!!*

*Provided you are a paid Xbox Live Gold Member.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#77 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
This is why we need to raise the level for making threads here....
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

I already own defense grid on Xbox 360 and PC. One of the most enjoyable experiences of the gen. 

sebbi11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 sebbi11
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts

Seriously, this free shit has to stop. It is the simplest way of catering to the dumbest of consumers. Buy 2 pieces of shit, get one piece of shit for free! We are that dumb? Someone here really don`t understand that we actually pay for this? The only difference being we don`t get to choose what we pay for. 

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 shadiezz2012

[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

THIS IS GENIUS.

[spoiler]

1pong.gif

[/spoiler]

SolidTy

I'm not sure what the picture was supposed to be. I can't tell if you are offended or happy, but after beating HALO 2 for the first time in 2004, I'm excited for the sequel 2007 Halo 3 sequel that we are getting for free!!!!*

it was this http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/760/085/applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif?1363040789
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
Damn, and all I got this month was uncharted 3, lbp karting, xcom, catherine, malicious, rayman origins, kingdoms of amalur reckoning, ico & SOTC HD, Demons souls. I guess the grass is greener on the other side :(
shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 shadiezz2012

even as an ex-ps3 fan i have to admit that this free game is better than anything i've played on the ps3. 

KarateeeChop
:lol: ...i swear you are the best ever on SW
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]Damn, and all I got this month was uncharted 3, lbp karting, xcom, catherine, malicious, rayman origins, kingdoms of amalur reckoning, ico & SOTC HD, Demons souls. I guess the grass is greener on the other side :(

Bu...bu....they get to keep it thou :( I doubt any of the games being offered on either service are making huge amounts of money anymore, but when they get lazily tossed games from 5 years ago, they need to take something out of that :( Xbox Live Gold is $60 a year. Halo 3 can be found for $5, and fable 3 isn't worth the disk it's printed on. Dat value.
shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 shadiezz2012
[QUOTE="campzor"]Damn, and all I got this month was uncharted 3, lbp karting, xcom, catherine, malicious, rayman origins, kingdoms of amalur reckoning, ico & SOTC HD, Demons souls. I guess the grass is greener on the other side :(

what a lame lame list Fable 3 is better than all of them sony can't even come close to MS sad cows:lol: go play your flop TLOF:lol:
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44695 Posts
I bought it back when it released on XBLA, enjoyable game, nothing amazing but enjoyable.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"]

shadiezz2012

it was this http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/760/085/applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif?1363040789

O I C. :P

x1nv5-the-rock-clapping.gif

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 shadiezz2012

[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

O I C. :P

x1nv5-the-rock-clapping.gif

that comment was gold man ...pure gold
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Errmm ok... 

Thank you PSN+ :)

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#89 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

me prefer ps4.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
Microsoft sure has been making it hard for the Lemmings to defend the XBox brand lately...
AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts
Atleast the game is good.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

This game has been less than £2 in most steam sales for the past few years.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#93 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
so your reward for paying $50 to play online is a game that is often found for $5 or less ? On another note defense grid is a decent game but you would expect a couple more games from a multibillion company that forces you to pay to play online
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Looks like this gen is over before it even began.

Pack it up Sony, you're done.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

Yeah, Sony's giveaways are certainly better and more numerous but from a business perspective it's way, way too much. No wonder that company is bleeding money. Seriously, why would anyone even bother buying any games for the system if ya can play everything for free? I totally get why you guys love it since it isn't your cash that's being thrown away but as stockholder I'd be calling for someone's head. This is business, after all. When I look at the list of stuff Sony is giving away it seems like someone trying way too hard to be liked. Meanwhile they're broke cuz of crazy shit like this.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 cain006

This game has been less than £2 in most steam sales for the past few years.

kraken2109

They also gave away the DLC a year and a half ago during that winter ticket thing.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts
[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"][QUOTE="campzor"]Damn, and all I got this month was uncharted 3, lbp karting, xcom, catherine, malicious, rayman origins, kingdoms of amalur reckoning, ico & SOTC HD, Demons souls. I guess the grass is greener on the other side :(

what a lame lame list Fable 3 is better than all of them sony can't even come close to MS sad cows:lol: go play your flop TLOF:lol:

Yet Fable fans didnt even like Fable 3. The only people who like the game are System Wars Lems.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"][QUOTE="campzor"]Damn, and all I got this month was uncharted 3, lbp karting, xcom, catherine, malicious, rayman origins, kingdoms of amalur reckoning, ico & SOTC HD, Demons souls. I guess the grass is greener on the other side :(Murderstyle75

Yet Fable fans didnt even like Fable 3. The only people who like the game are System Wars Lems.

I'm a fable fan and I liked it

:cool:

#dealwithit

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

HAHAHA, what a joke.