Microsoft is annoying, 2 Consoles are better then 3.

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gtawoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gtawoof
Member since 2003 • 1843 Posts

It should only be Sony and Nintendo, then everybody wins. You can buy high-end games for PS3, and party-type games for Wii, and everybody wins simple as that. Dont give me none of that competition crap either because no game developer says "gee i'd love to make a great game but the lack of a 3rd console makes me lazy haha", they ALWAYS wanna make good games over making money (except EA).

The quality of games wouldnt go down (see: SNES and Genesis, Playstation and N64) and there wouldnt be any crappy bickering about exclusives or any of that. Microsoft came along to try to make some money and ruined everything imo.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#2 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Microsoft is killing PS3 in sales, don't be mad because PS3 sucks.
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
*hands tc flame fortress* good luck...your gonna need it....and on topic a two console war would be ok, but now a days i dont think that the masses would understand the reason why its good and would be upset because everyone loves choices
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts

You haven't even said what's the matter...

I'd pick Wii60 over WiiS3 ANYDAY! (And I have all 3).

The only thing that pisses me off about Microsoft is the hardware failure rate, and charge for online. Other than that they're better than anything out there.

u8muhrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 u8muhrice
Member since 2004 • 1453 Posts

Microsoft is killing PS3 in sales, don't be mad because PS3 sucks.Toriko42

youre right, in software sales but not in hardware sales for 08. Both systems are great though

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
No, the more the better. Two companies could possible end up with just one company dominating, like what happened with the PS1 and the PS2. Three Well Established companies helps.
Avatar image for CrimsonBlade360
CrimsonBlade360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CrimsonBlade360
Member since 2007 • 588 Posts

High end games? If it wasnt for the 360 this gen would be crap right now, I would hate to see another generation with just sony and nintendo.

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts
Biter much? :lol: Oh and competition. :P
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

*hands tc flame fortress* good luck...your gonna need it....and on topic a two console war would be ok, but now a days i dont think that the masses would understand the reason why its good and would be upset because everyone loves choiceslinkin_guy109

So you and TC operate on a higher level than the rest of us? :roll:

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts

It should only be Sony and Nintendo, then everybody wins. You can buy high-end games for PS3, and party-type games for Wii, and everybody wins simple as that. Dont give me none of that competition crap either because no game developer says "gee i'd love to make a great game but the lack of a 3rd console makes me lazy haha", they ALWAYS wanna make good games over making money (except EA).

The quality of games wouldnt go down (see: SNES and Genesis, Playstation and N64) and there wouldnt be any crappy bickering about exclusives or any of that. Microsoft came along to try to make some money and ruined everything imo.

shadyd1717
why cant i buy high end games on 360? hell why not even the wii
sambalimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sambalimbo
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

shadyd1717

you are so right, but ms just LOVES money and they wanted to be in the gaming marketplace at all costs, that is why the xbox franchise has only caused losses in money so far, if MS stayed out of it we would all be happy and i mean all

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

The only thing that pisses me off about Microsoft is the hardware failure rate, and charge for online. Other than that they're better than anything out there.

Relys
I don't know what I would choose but for 2008 I defenately would choose PSWii because I had a Wii60 last year and it was great but this year Wii60 has only two games I want Banjo Threeie and Treasure's Untilted Shooter. I will buy another one when either of those games release.
megaton3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 megaton3k
Member since 2007 • 515 Posts

M$ is killing itself, RRoD and lack of exclusives.

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -GhostMLD-
Member since 2008 • 3282 Posts
seriously..........at least try to play a 360. dont let owning a PS1 and PS2 cloud your judgement.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]Microsoft is killing PS3 in sales, don't be mad because PS3 sucks.megaton3k

M$ is killing itself, RRoD and lack of exclusives.

your joking right?
bigevil_rashek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 bigevil_rashek
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts

shadyd1717

Yeah Right! Then the consoles would be left up to the japanese devs and there would be no american on the market.....which i don't want. The USA is the biggest gaming country and it should have its own representetive console on the market. Also that would mean many western devs(like Bioware) would leave the console market. In my opinion there should be two consoles, one american(Ms) and one Japanese(Sony or Ninty).

sambalimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sambalimbo
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts
[QUOTE="shadyd1717"]

bigevil_rashek

Yeah Right! Then the consoles would be left up to the japanese devs and there would be no american on the market.....which i don't want. The USA is the biggest gaming country and it should have its own representetive console on the market. Also that would mean many western devs(like Bioware) would leave the console market. In my opinion there should be two consoles, one american(Ms) and one Japanese(Sony or Ninty).

bioware was a pc dev and there were tons of american devs making games on ps2 and gc (gta, god of war, all the sports game from EA) the "american devs" would simply have made games for ps3 and pc thats it, but the way it is now the 360 is damaging the console amrket and the pc market because games coming out on both 360 and pc hurt both systems

by the way this patriotic behaviour towards the 360 is proof enough for me that NA can be the only place IN THE WORLD where the 360 dominates.......for now

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts

The sales of the world say you are wrong.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Or maby Sega could just replace MS. I would personally love that.
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]Microsoft is killing PS3 in sales, don't be mad because PS3 sucks.hiryu3

7 million console lead says hes right ^_^

Or maby Sega could just replace MS. I would personally love that. meetroid8

Gee, what a subtanciated and profound statement. A failed console maker/developer, we should rename you 'credibilityzero.'

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts

actually there has always been 3 (even if 1 wasnt good)

n64/psx/dreamcast/apple pippen (4 console gen) altho only 3 were worth a damn, but still

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
[QUOTE="hiryu3"]

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]Microsoft is killing PS3 in sales, don't be mad because PS3 sucks.Pro_wrestler

Gee, what a subtanciated and profound statement. A failed console maker/developer, we should rename you 'credibilityzero.'

actually sega was doing very well, they just droped the ball hard with the saturn and they replaced it way to fast

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

Since when??? Unless you are referring to 2006 when PS3 wasn't on the market. PS3 outsold X360 worldwide in 2007 and 2008 is even bigger so far for PS3.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

actually there has always been 3 (even if 1 wasnt good)

n64/psx/dreamcast/apple pippen (4 console gen) altho only 3 were worth a damn, but still

shadow_hosi

Actually 3rd Gen there was NES, Master System, and 7800.

4th Gen there was Turbo Grafix-16, Genesis/Mega Drive, Commadore Amiga CDTV, CD-i, SNES, and Neo-Geo.

5th Gen there was 3DO, Amiga CD32, Jaguar, Saturn, Playstation, Pippin, PC-FX, and N64.

6th Gen there was Dreamcast, PS2, GCN, and Xbox.

7th Gen there is Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

shadyd1717

Just like Sony did to Sega, right? I hope MS does that to Sony.

Sage320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sage320
Member since 2006 • 377 Posts
i believe you mean that sony is annoying and 2 godly consoles are better than 2 godly consoles and 1 expensive heavy paperwieght.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
When was the last year it was a two console market?
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
[QUOTE="hiryu3"]

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]Microsoft is killing PS3 in sales, don't be mad because PS3 sucks.Pro_wrestler

Yeah, it's called one year extra :|

PS_Family

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PS_Family
Member since 2008 • 590 Posts

It is true. MS keeps cannibalizing PS3's sales with its PS/PC wanna be hybrid but it won't last for long.

I wouldn't mind if that company cannibalizing sales had a clue in the gaming industry like Sega though.

PS_Family

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PS_Family

Relys

Maybe you'll sound believable when MS learns how to make its own hardware and 1st party titles.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Why everybody say that the 360 is winning in hardware sales when the ps3 hardware sold more last year??

the 360 had one year without competition

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

Why everybody says that the 360 is winning in sales when the ps3 sold more last year??

the 360 have one year without competition

JuarN18

MS had the RRoD issue and Sony still couldn't catch up. So what's your point? One year means nothing if you can't catch up to a console with hardware issues.

PS_Family

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PS_Family

Why everybody says that the 360 is winning in hardware sales when the ps3 hardware sold more last year??

JuarN18

Because False Memes are very difficult to erase.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
[QUOTE="JuarN18"]

Why everybody says that the 360 is winning in sales when the ps3 sold more last year??

xsubtownerx

MS had the RRoD issue and Sony still couldn't catch up. So what's your point? One year means nothing if you can't catch up to a console with hardware issues.

indeed but the RRoD problem is an exaggeration

Holden1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Holden1985
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts
How can a console be annoying? you have issues.
DeathStar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36 DeathStar17
Member since 2005 • 4858 Posts
Competition=Good thing...
Lebron181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lebron181
Member since 2008 • 837 Posts

I wish...

But competition is always in US.

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts

shadyd1717

Aren't you forgetting there used to be Sega so it has pretty much always been 3 + PC

Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bubblehash
Member since 2004 • 2914 Posts
Get your facts straight pal. It is the other way around there. The PS3 outsold the 360 in 2007 and continues to do so now. I hardly post here, and even I know that much.
LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
micorsoft made sony pull up there pants get more serious, nintendo turned around and went casual because of MS, without Ms in consoles, we would be a step backdwards with worse online!
Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Bubblehash
[QUOTE="hiryu3"]

7 million consoles says he is right huh? You are a funny funny man. Try doing the math. Take the total number of each console, then divide that by the number of days that console has been out. Like stated before, the PS3 is winning. The figures don't lie.
Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Bubblehash
[QUOTE="shadyd1717"]

Snowboarder99

Aren't you forgetting there used to be Sega so it has pretty much always been 3 + PC

Not true. At one time it was only two consoles. Sega and Nintendo.
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
[QUOTE="Snowboarder99"][QUOTE="shadyd1717"]

Bubblehash

Not true. At one time it was only two consoles. Sega and Nintendo.

Notice I said pretty much. For the most part, 3

winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts

incorrect

jhonnyboi1134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jhonnyboi1134
Member since 2004 • 1263 Posts
[QUOTE="hiryu3"]

1 year head start says your wrong.

Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts
Microsoft has done great things for online console gaming...I bought into it the day the console came out...giving out mics with the console was a clear message.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
[QUOTE="shadyd1717"]

xsubtownerx

Just like Sony did to Sega, right? I hope MS does that to Sony.

Sega kind've did it to themselves with bad management. They fragmented their user base with to many addons and systems 32X, SegaCD, Saturn and focused on 2d gaming when the market was going 3D, etc..

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
Wow another gaming communist that thinks we should have no option but to buy their favourite brand name console :|.