Microsoft caught lying !

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Felous1
Member since 2006 • 4557 Posts

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3149993

Direct link: http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3?http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/Podcasts/040607.mp3

According to Shawn Microsoft told him one thing and Mark Rein (Epic) said that it's not true. And it was not just once...

ElTioGamboin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ElTioGamboin
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts
hello!
ElTioGamboin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ElTioGamboin
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts
I guess MS fans don't wanna hear that, and since GS is all about MS fans...
Harbadakus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Harbadakus
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts
Summary? I don't really want to go through the podcast to find the info.
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
Don't play gears of war, i play lost planet so i don't care personally.
Animeninja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Animeninja7
Member since 2005 • 169 Posts
LOL. Microsoft has been exposed!
OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OXIIIIXO
Member since 2006 • 2337 Posts
when do they talk about it, I don't wanna listen to whole thing
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#8 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts
Bill lied to me - He said to me that Halo 3 was coming out on the PS3 release. :(
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Felous1

Bill lied to me - He said to me that Halo 3 was coming out on the PS3 release. :( Stevo_the_gamer

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=39349  

MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
No way, a company lied? Alert the press! This must be the first major company ever to lie.. And I still don't even know what they lied about.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Bill lied to me - He said to me that Halo 3 was coming out on the PS3 release. :( Felous1

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=39349

:lol: At least Nintendo never came out and actually said Nintendogs was for girls (even though we all knew it was). Bill lost so many Viva Pinata sales for that comment. Oh well, he could afford it.
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Felous1
Bill lost so many Viva Pinata sales for that comment. Oh well, he could afford it.Boba_Fett_3710

And all of a sudden people are gonna stop buying Viva Pinata because Bill Gates said it's for young girls ? :|
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Boba_Fett_3710
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"] Bill lost so many Viva Pinata sales for that comment. Oh well, he could afford it.Felous1

And all of a sudden people are gonna stop buying Viva Pinata because Bill Gates said it's for young girls ? :|

Obviously not young girls but definately all those "macho" 360 owners (don't pretend like you don't know who I'm talking about).
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
I'm not listening to that... could someone just summarize
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
LOL. Microsoft has been exposed!Animeninja7
Exposed? They've been known to be blatant liars for so long regarding their hyping of their software and defense of their various illegal/immoral actions its really par for the course. If anything thats why so few Microsoft fans are replying.
SmoothMoved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SmoothMoved
Member since 2007 • 599 Posts
" but, but only sony lies " -Lemmings
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Runningflame570
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"] :lol: At least Nintendo never came out and actually said Nintendogs was for girls (even though we all knew it was).

Nintendogs was initially created for children in Japan who either didn't have the money or didn't have the space for an actual pet. Seeing at Tamagochi was also initially created for that purpose and was/is very popular with girls theres some validity in your statement.
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Japanese_Monk
Member since 2006 • 1412 Posts
Is this about paying for gears maps. Thats bullish. We already pay 50 bucks a year why do we have to pay for this too. They want it to be free! LET EM!
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Runningflame570
Is this about paying for gears maps. Thats bullish. We already pay 50 bucks a year why do we have to pay for this too. They want it to be free! LET EM!Japanese_Monk
There have been statements by Microsoft that in order to not make certain DLC look like too good of a deal and undermine paid or more expensive content that they'll modify pricing (all the while denying that they modify pricing).
-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts
Its funny to see the hardcore lems not respone to this.
SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SergeantSnitch
Member since 2007 • 3692 Posts
No way, a company lied? Alert the press! This must be the first major company ever to lie.. And I still don't even know what they lied about.MTBare
:D What's the word I'm looking for? Damage Control at it's best. Had this been Sony lying it would be flooding System Wars. Microsoft is messing up, expensive 360 Elite, Wii is for kids under 14, and now this. Don't try to deny it.
gohan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 gohan_3
Member since 2003 • 1094 Posts

I would respond but i dont feel like sifting through a podcast just to see what you guys are talking about, if it was about the price modifying then yeah, thats pretty lame, but what are we gonna do. But i also just realized that if it was sony that did it i would probably go tell my cousin and we would began laughing bout how big a liar sony is, atleast i realized i'm kind of a lemming unlike some people.:)

But i also plan to buy a ps3 during the fall or whenever final fantasy comes out, so i'm also not a lemming, p.s. neverplayed a FF game, except FFXI, so i'm kinda looking forward to it.

SeanDiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 SeanDiff
Member since 2007 • 933 Posts
I remember the major nelson  thing about DSP's,lol,big lie.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Yah they are screwing up, but if the 360 is $300 i'm still buying it.
ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ps3-nikita
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts
Didnt Mark Rein Lie about the party system in Gears. Another dev said that they were able to and they even said, they dont know what Epic are talking about. Mark switchies back and forth so fast. I wouldnt trust him 100%.
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Felous1
Didnt Mark Rein Lie about the party system in Gears. Another dev said that they were able to and they even said, they dont know what Epic are talking about. Mark switchies back and forth so fast. I wouldnt trust him 100%.ps3-nikita
No, he didn't. He actually talked about that on the podcast. They couldn't get it to work because of time. He also said that the games in the near future will be using it.
ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ps3-nikita
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts
[QUOTE="ps3-nikita"]Didnt Mark Rein Lie about the party system in Gears. Another dev said that they were able to and they even said, they dont know what Epic are talking about. Mark switchies back and forth so fast. I wouldnt trust him 100%.Felous1
No, he didn't. He actually talked about that on the podcast. They couldn't get it to work because of time. He also said that the games in the near future will be using it.

Forget the podcast, Mark said this a while ago. Another 360 game came out with the party system. Then Mark used theHalo 2 compatbility issue to cover this. I like Epic, but their reaction to the noise made about Gears being broken isnt something to brag about. His reply was, well its the biggest selling game. He wasnt that bothered about fixing or admitting the problems with it. Too busy counting the money. I also think he is playing shift the blame game with Microsoft to keep them looking good in the public eye. Btw every other podcaster and their dog was complaining about it. I know they fixed some issues, but not the major. I know he said that they will make use of it in the future, but when is there next game due on the 360. It is also after other games have employed this system, without any problems. This company was also on the 1up and the crew make jokes about. So I see right through it.
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Felous1
[QUOTE="ps3-nikita"]Forget the podcast, Mark said this a while ago. Another 360 game came out with the party system. Then Mark used theHalo 2 compatbility issue to cover this. I like Epic, but their reaction to the noise made about Gears being broken isnt something to brag about. His reply was, well its the biggest selling game. He wasnt that bothered about fixing or admitting the problems with it. Too busy counting the money. I also think he is playing shift the blame game with Microsoft to keep them looking good in the public eye. Btw every other podcaster and their dog was complaining about it. I know they fixed some issues, but not the major. I know he said that they will make use of it in the future, but when is there next game due on the 360. It is also after other games have employed this system, without any problems. This company was also on the 1up and the crew make jokes about. So I see right through it.

You are imagining things. Cliffy B said the same thing as Mark. They were on a schedule to get the game done and there wasn't enough time.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Boba_Fett_3710
[QUOTE="Runningflame570"][QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"] :lol: At least Nintendo never came out and actually said Nintendogs was for girls (even though we all knew it was).

Nintendogs was initially created for children in Japan who either didn't have the money or didn't have the space for an actual pet. Seeing at Tamagochi was also initially created for that purpose and was/is very popular with girls theres some validity in your statement.

There's always some validity to all of my statements, I just emphasize most of my points to exaggerated levels.