Microsoft Build and the future of Xbox

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

urbansys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 urbansys
Member since 2003 • 235 Posts

It is like the PS4 and Xbox one switched roles from the previous generation.

Sony added tech that no one knew or understood. Yet later in its lifespan it started to produce great gaming.

Understandable though as anything new is generally received with skepticism and disbelieve until proven otherwise.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@FastRobby said:

@trasherhead said:

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@ccagracing said:

These new DX12 code sets and instructions will make the Xbox quicker, no doubt about it, however certainly not double the speed or anything like it.

directx 12 is a direct counter to amd's mantle it will be good for pc but consoles already have to metal coding so it won't see much improvement. As for the "cloud" video was already proven fake, also not hard to make a demo like that if you have a server with 0 ping in the next room but in the real world most people have pings of around 100 that makes impossible any kind of 3d processing in real time between servers and consoles.

Link me for prove that the cloud video was fake

They have yet to show that it actually does anything major. So the burden of proof is on the people that claim it in the first place, just like people who think god is real and insist others should think so too.

Well a lot over tech guys and developers were impressed, so maybe it just same old internet that is being a d*ck?

actually no, it is a big deal, FOR PC, consoles do this already for the most part and the ps4 will get optimized in the same fashion too, the winrar of directx 12 and mantle is pc.

We are talking about the cloud, not directx 12, so yes it is also a big deal for Xbox One. Also DirectX 12 is also a big deal, because it's not because Xbox One has more room for improvement than PS4.

all i heard is a fanboy spitting me nonsense that he doesn't have a clue about, but OK.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@kuu2 said:

MSoft always innovating and bringing us the best console money can buy.

So good the controller even needs to be updated from launch....

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/05/xbox-one-april-update-details/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000589

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

The Microsoft Build was a 4 day tech conference. We have already seen the live demo of The Cloud power in action highlighting how The Xbox One will benefit from this.

Here is a nice read on how DX12 will double GPU performance and give devs the tools to utilize this Powaz.

http://www.neowin.net/news/directx-12-a-game-changer-for-xbox-one

Couple DX12 with the Cloud?........................The possibilities are endless.

Enjoy!

Uhm, we went through the DX12 stuff already. It will not double performance. The GPU is what it is. Now the cloud may have some slight possibilities for functionality, but graphics are graphics.

On another note, business sites and analysts are praising the new CEO of MS and the moves he is making quietly for the future of the company. Might have to invest a bit more in.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#55 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@trasherhead said:

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@ccagracing said:

These new DX12 code sets and instructions will make the Xbox quicker, no doubt about it, however certainly not double the speed or anything like it.

directx 12 is a direct counter to amd's mantle it will be good for pc but consoles already have to metal coding so it won't see much improvement. As for the "cloud" video was already proven fake, also not hard to make a demo like that if you have a server with 0 ping in the next room but in the real world most people have pings of around 100 that makes impossible any kind of 3d processing in real time between servers and consoles.

They have yet to show that it actually does anything major. So the burden of proof is on the people that claim it in the first place, just like people who think god is real and insist others should think so too.

Agreed. But making a claim that the video is proven to be fake means the claimer is under burden of proof to back up his statement as well

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

show me the polys

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@blamix99 said:

sad to be a X1 owner, they're always waiting for this secret sauce trying to catch up with the PS4

Better than being a playstation owner and waiting for games I suppose.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Krelian-co

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@FastRobby said:

@trasherhead said:

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@ccagracing said:

Well a lot over tech guys and developers were impressed, so maybe it just same old internet that is being a d*ck?

actually no, it is a big deal, FOR PC, consoles do this already for the most part and the ps4 will get optimized in the same fashion too, the winrar of directx 12 and mantle is pc.

We are talking about the cloud, not directx 12, so yes it is also a big deal for Xbox One. Also DirectX 12 is also a big deal, because it's not because Xbox One has more room for improvement than PS4.

all i heard is a fanboy spitting me nonsense that he doesn't have a clue about, but OK.

Classic Sony fanboy answer, no arguments, just nonsense

i already gave arguments the only one with no clue here is you, BUT BUT TEH DIRECTX XBONE MICROSOFT SAID SO!

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/05/xbox-one-april-update-details/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000589

Proves my point. Always looking to get better.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

The PS4 is only 35% more powerful right now but that could change thanks to DX12 and the Cloud. ^_^

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

This technology is real. This technology will be brought to the console along with many benefits.

Cows seem to treat Microsoft like Sony in theses cases since they are used to having the rug pulled out from under them.

If you are a Playstation fanboy.............be very scared of DX12 and THE CLOUD. Very fucking scared.

Right now the only defense is to laugh it off like it is some magical unicorn. I get that. BUT, be prepared when the Ps4 becomes insignificant on that cloudy day that is approaching.

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@lglz1337 said:

@FoxbatAlpha: so why bring up this cloud crap ?

SMH oh Christ. Why not read the link? Once you familiarize what DX12 will do then picture the two technologies merging. It is beyond insane.

You’re insane for believing it. This will be used to rub in your face at a later date.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#65 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Proves my point. Always looking to get better.

But can't release a stable product from launch. lol.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By highking_kallor

@FastRobby said:

@blamix99 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@blamix99 said:

sad to be a X1 owner, they're always waiting for this secret sauce trying to catch up with the PS4

Sad to be a PS4 owner, they're always waiting for games :)

LOL your the ones who are waiting.. you guys have been waiting for a very long time now since the Xbox360 got abandoned back 2011. all you guys got is Halo 4 and Gears of War Judgement that flopped so bad. even now you guys still don't have a big exclusive with the X1

There isn't one game worth buying a PS4 for. Infamous? Give me a break, it has an average score of 80. Titanfall is a system seller, not an exclusive, but the best service is on Xbox One, not on PC.

I only brought a ps4 becuase the of the infamous bundle. Prepared to eat your words?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Krelian-co

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@FastRobby said:

@trasherhead said:

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@ccagracing said:

Classic Sony fanboy answer, no arguments, just nonsense

i already gave arguments the only one with no clue here is you, BUT BUT TEH DIRECTX XBONE MICROSOFT SAID SO!

I never talked about DirectX, learn to read. Also caps only proves my case, cow.

keep dodging

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@highking_kallor: haha another cow scared that the PS4 is going to be put on its ass. These demos are real and straight from Microsoft themselves.

Sad when cows believe things "50% more power" when stated by indie devs. LOL

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 highking_kallor

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@highking_kallor: haha another cow scared that the PS4 is going to be put on its ass. These demos are real and straight from Microsoft themselves.

Sad when cows believe things "50% more power" when stated by indie devs. LOL

Haha. Both consoles are cheap rubbish (yes I have a ps4 I weakened). You will be eating your words when this never happens. Its all good mate. Just feeding you out the rope so you can finish yourself off.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#71 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@blamix99 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@blamix99 said:

LOL your the ones who are waiting.. you guys have been waiting for a very long time now since the Xbox360 got abandoned back 2011. all you guys got is Halo 4 and Gears of War Judgement that flopped so bad. even now you guys still don't have a big exclusive with the X1

There isn't one game worth buying a PS4 for. Infamous? Give me a break, it has an average score of 80. Titanfall is a system seller, not an exclusive, but the best service is on Xbox One, not on PC.

atleast we got an exclusive that is fun to play, your Titanfall shit doesn't work on me since i got it on my PC. Titanfall looks crap on X1 anyway.. just a little tiny bit better than the Xbox360, LOL and you guys call the X1 next gen? that's all you kids say Ta Ta Ta Titanfall which isn't even exclusive. LMAO

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By CrownKingArthur

@blamix99 said:

@FastRobby said:

@blamix99 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@blamix99 said:

atleast we got an exclusive that is fun to play, your Titanfall shit doesn't work on me since i got it on my PC. Titanfall looks crap on X1 anyway.. just a little tiny bit better than the Xbox360, LOL and you guys call the X1 next gen? that's all you kids say Ta Ta Ta Titanfall which isn't even exclusive. LMAO

both consoles stink

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#73 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

@blamix99 said:

@FastRobby said:

@blamix99 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@blamix99 said:

both consoles stink

my ps4 smells like an italian garden, the X1 smells like a dead rat died behind a chinese restaurant

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By CrownKingArthur
@blamix99 said:

my ps4 smells like an italian garden, the X1 smells like a dead rat died behind a chinese restaurant

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha: Greatness is coming. The comments from AMD, Nvidia & intel are really the most important, since they are the experts.

********************************************************************************************************

@Krelian-co said:

never seen so much bs and lies in one post.

So NVidia, AMD & Intel are all lying. Hhmm.. ok. lol!!

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Krelian-co

@blackace said:

@FoxbatAlpha: Greatness is coming. The comments from AMD, Nvidia & intel are really the most important, since they are the experts.

********************************************************************************************************

@Krelian-co said:

who said they are lying, it will be great, FOR PC

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By highking_kallor

@blackace said:

@Krelian-co said:

Don't you ever choke on the rubbish microsoft tries to shove down your throat?

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78  Edited By ChristianGmr14
Member since 2014 • 157 Posts

Looks cool but I'm going to be skeptical. I have been let down by companies before (not just MS), anyone remember Kinect? Back in the old days when it was first being talked about? They had this really awesome video with all these cool features but it the majority of those cool features never actually made it into the device.

I'll believe it when I see it.

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

@XboxStache said:

Typical SW community bashing poor Foxbat without reading the article.

Microsoft are progressively working on hardware, constantly pouring out updates and even putting better people in charge. (COWS wanted to count on Elop lol I'll bet the asshurt is insane now) If anyone's dumb enough to think the X1's DX12/Cloud combination is not gonna work...then I'd say there's lint floating around that fishbowl.

Remember, Microsoft said the X1 is "future proof". It's not about outperforming the PS4; it's about remaining consistent with the times ahead.

This is a much better scenario than the PS3's 3-5 year stretch of weak hardware and Cellz tbh.

errr... its actually going to be exactly the same its going to be 3 to 5 years before you see parity on multiplats and ps4 like ps3 will continue to get graphics king

except this time ps4 will start with graphics king from day one and keep it till the end of this gen

so its much worse that ps3 vs 360

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@xxgunslingerxx said:

@XboxStache said:

Microsoft are progressively working on hardware, constantly pouring out updates and even putting better people in charge. (COWS wanted to count on Elop lol I'll bet the asshurt is insane now) If anyone's dumb enough to think the X1's DX12/Cloud combination is not gonna work...then I'd say there's lint floating around that fishbowl.

Remember, Microsoft said the X1 is "future proof". It's not about outperforming the PS4; it's about remaining consistent with the times ahead.

This is a much better scenario than the PS3's 3-5 year stretch of weak hardware and Cellz tbh.

errr... its actually going to be exactly the same its going to be 3 to 5 years before you see parity on multiplats and ps4 like ps3 will continue to get graphics king

except this time ps4 will start with graphics king from day one and keep it till the end of this gen

That logic would work if Ryse wasn't graphics king. But you get an A for effort.

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

@XboxStache said:

@xxgunslingerxx said:

@XboxStache said:

That logic would work if Ryse wasn't graphics king. But you get an A for effort.

second son is graphics king and ryse may have gotten launch tittle graphics kings due to its 4.0 style gameplay and level design... nice try kiddo