MGS4 versus Splinter Cell Conviction

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

heaven_in_hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 heaven_in_hell
Member since 2007 • 312 Posts

Who will be the next big thing in the Stealth Action genre??

PayDaMurdaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PayDaMurdaMan
Member since 2006 • 585 Posts
They aren't even the same type of game. I think both will be great games in their own right but people need to stop comparing them.
ninjiijitsuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ninjiijitsuu
Member since 2007 • 324 Posts
Lma:lol:, Is this a joke thread? Splinter cell is complete garbage. Whats next? You're going to make a thread comparing FFXIII with lost odyssey? :lol:
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
Sure they both have a bit of stealth, but MGS is more action orientated than SC
Liquid-GEAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Liquid-GEAR
Member since 2007 • 1574 Posts

Joke thread?

Ok I'll submit my required ":lol:"

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I have more chance of playing SC then MGS so I like SC better :)
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts
MGS is not more action oriented, it just gives more freedom to the player should they choose to go rambo.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 OWNZ ALL IN 08.

Yes im a Wii60 owner. Perfer the 360 over the PS3s lineup. THink Killzone 2 will be complete trash. THat the PS3 really doesnt have the games worth the price tags any time soon. BUT MGS 4 is making me buy that thing.

MGS isnt like splintercell in anyway. The story is just above and beyond anything splintercell has done.

Ill be getting both.

But ill play MGS 4 like 70 times.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44247 Posts

S.C.C. just looks so lively and fun.

From what I've seen so far; I love the new direction this series is going and predict this is a game both 360 & PC gamers can crow about.

MGS - I dunno it seems more of the same old same old.

We shall have to wait and see.

Mandingo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mandingo101
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts
Lma:lol:, Is this a joke thread? Splinter cell is complete garbage. Whats next? You're going to make a thread comparing FFXIII with lost odyssey? :lol:ninjiijitsuu
i actually laughed out loud.
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts

Splinter Cell: Convictions is more about blending into the crowd, its not really strealth gameplay in my view.

MGS4 however has many stealth elements to it and looks to be fantastic on this front like MGS3 was, although to judge either of them on the video footage I've seen is completely pointless cause without playing either of them I couldn't really tell you which is better overall.

Its like psychonauts and beyond good and evil, till you play a game you can't tell if there good or not ;)

(if you didn't get that last part it means even a game that you didn't think would be great can turn out to be an experience like no other)

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

From what I've seen so far; I love the new direction this series is going and predict this is a game both 360 & PC gamers can crow about.

SecretPolice
same thingwas said about Halo.

MGS isnt changing much of the combat in terms of what we have seen. but the landscape and the action is much different. There is a war going on in the game and u can see it. Where other games have a war going on, and its quite for most of the game.

MGS has a huge amount of chaos going on. Kind of like Halo 3. Thats what really got me pumped for MGS 4.
GoodkupoBan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GoodkupoBan
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts

Lma:lol:, Is this a joke thread? Splinter cell is complete garbage. Whats next? You're going to make a thread comparing FFXIII with lost odyssey? :lol:ninjiijitsuu

If a AA series/game is complete garbage then so the cows hyping Uncharted and ratchet and clank must think they're complete garbage too.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

jg4xchamp

same thingwas said about Halo.

MGS isnt changing much of the combat in terms of what we have seen. but the landscape and the action is much different. There is a war going on in the game and u can see it. Where other games have a war going on, and its quite for most of the game.

MGS has a huge amount of chaos going on. Kind of like Halo 3. Thats what really got me pumped for MGS 4.

mm - no doubt that sounds mighty good.

I'm sure I will have a PS3 ( price cuts and games coming ) when MGS arrives and if it delivers the goods; I'll be playing it. :)

-R3Volation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -R3Volation
Member since 2007 • 657 Posts

They aren't even the same type of game. I think both will be great games in their own right but people need to stop comparing them.PayDaMurdaMan

agree'd.

NuclearFreedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NuclearFreedom
Member since 2006 • 1235 Posts

heaven_in_hell

that image of splinter cell doesnt do any justice

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
MGS hands down.
heaven_in_hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 heaven_in_hell
Member since 2007 • 312 Posts
[QUOTE="heaven_in_hell"]

NuclearFreedom

is this better?

RojAvon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 RojAvon
Member since 2005 • 922 Posts
Frankly, I think I'm kind of over MGS. They were good in the early ones but frankly I didn't care for 3 all that much...especially when it forces you to change the perspective to first person when crawling in weeds, completely changing the control scheme at the same time. I like a Splinter Cell type of game much better, but thats just me. People who love MGS will probably love MGS4 and I expect that someday, when and if there are other significant reasons to buy a PS3, I'll end up playing it at some point.
Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
for stealth action i'd say MGS4 for stealth i'd be leaning toward SCC
Avatar image for JetB1ackNewYear
JetB1ackNewYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 JetB1ackNewYear
Member since 2007 • 2931 Posts
i pick SC because it seems diffrent this time because your the bad guy and you have to blend in the crowd.
ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ApocalypseXIVV
Member since 2004 • 1988 Posts

ORLY?

Gamerankings Scores:

MGS1:92.7% (PSone)

MGS2:94.9% (PS2)

MGS3:91.6% (PS2)

SC:92.5% (Xbox)

SC: Pandora Tomorrow - 92.3%(Xbox)

SC: Chaos Theory - 93.8% (Xbox)

First 3 console games in each series seem pretty even to me...soo much for a joke

ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ApocalypseXIVV

[QUOTE="ninjiijitsuu"]Lma:lol:, Is this a joke thread? Splinter cell is complete garbage. Whats next? You're going to make a thread comparing FFXIII with lost odyssey? :lol:Mandingo101

See Above ^^^

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
[QUOTE="NuclearFreedom"][QUOTE="heaven_in_hell"]

heaven_in_hell

is this better?

Thanks for showing us a wallpaper. Now where's the gameplay?

Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

Funny....I have played and beaten every SC game that has come out. I have played the original MG for NES and have played one of them on the ps2....I turned it off within the first hour...Didnt care anything for it.....See how it goes both ways?

ninjiijitsuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ninjiijitsuu

[QUOTE="ninjiijitsuu"]Lma:lol:, Is this a joke thread? Splinter cell is complete garbage. Whats next? You're going to make a thread comparing FFXIII with lost odyssey? :lol:ApocalypseXIVV

ORLY?

Gamerankings Scores:

First 3 console games in each series seem pretty even to me...soo much for a joke

You shouldn't let game critics decide whether a game is garbage or not. You should actually play the game yourself. :)
Avatar image for liquidsnake1987
liquidsnake1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 liquidsnake1987
Member since 2004 • 4750 Posts
of course mgs4, but i have been a fan of the splinter cell series. it seems to me that not much of anyone is really that hyped for the next splinter cell. MGS4 is getting more publicity.
Mandingo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mandingo101

[QUOTE="Mandingo101"][QUOTE="ninjiijitsuu"]Lma:lol:, Is this a joke thread? Splinter cell is complete garbage. Whats next? You're going to make a thread comparing FFXIII with lost odyssey? :lol:ApocalypseXIVV

See Above ^^^

gamespot scores buddy, gamespot.

im not saying the game is crap, but the SC series compared to the MGS series? MGS wins.
solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts
in terms of stealth gameplay SC but mgs is really more action but for story it has to be MGS4
ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ApocalypseXIVV
[QUOTE="ApocalypseXIVV"]

[QUOTE="ninjiijitsuu"]Lma:lol:, Is this a joke thread? Splinter cell is complete garbage. Whats next? You're going to make a thread comparing FFXIII with lost odyssey? :lol:ninjiijitsuu

ORLY?

Gamerankings Scores:

You shouldn't let game critics decide whether a game is garbage or not. You should actually play the game yourself. :)

Well if we are talking about personal opinion and not general consesus of the gaming world...then why did you find the comparison stupid between MGS and SC...if someones own opinion is so valid then how is it funny that someone would like SC more than MGS?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SecretPolice

of course mgs4, but i have been a fan of the splinter cell series. it seems to me that not much of anyone is really that hyped for the next splinter cell. MGS4 is getting more publicity.liquidsnake1987
Not me, ever since the new game was made public and seen the series going in a new direction ( the S.C. series was getting very stale imo ) and then to see the pics and vids; this game is one of my must have and am very hyped for it's release.

Unless something goes drastically wrong that is.

ninjiijitsuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ninjiijitsuu
[QUOTE="ninjiijitsuu"][QUOTE="ApocalypseXIVV"]

[QUOTE="ninjiijitsuu"]Lma:lol:, Is this a joke thread? Splinter cell is complete garbage. Whats next? You're going to make a thread comparing FFXIII with lost odyssey? :lol:ApocalypseXIVV

ORLY?

Gamerankings Scores:

Well if we are talking about personal opinion and not general consesus of the gaming world...then why did you find the comparison stupid between MGS and SC...if someones own opinion is so valid then how is it funny that someone would like SC more than MGS?

I'm not going to own you in an argument, splinter cell is complete garbage. If you have a complaint, you have the right to make a new thread, and persuade people that splinter cell is on the same level as metal God solid.

/Discussion over.
ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ApocalypseXIVV
[QUOTE="ApocalypseXIVV"]

[QUOTE="Mandingo101"][QUOTE="ninjiijitsuu"]Lma:lol:, Is this a joke thread? Splinter cell is complete garbage. Whats next? You're going to make a thread comparing FFXIII with lost odyssey? :lol:Mandingo101

See Above ^^^

im not saying the game is crap, but the SC series compared to the MGS series? MGS wins.

lol OOOK so its better to go by gamespot than a site that averages all the major critics (including Gamespot) when talking about games from years ago? fine if you need it that way

SC - 8.6

SC PT - 8.6

SC CT - 9.1

MGS - 8.5

MGS 2 - 9.6

MGS 3 - 8.7

Wow that made a difference...instead of all being AAA, each has 2 AA and 1 AAA...so even....STILL...Whoops

LuvGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LuvGaming
Member since 2007 • 1290 Posts
I have both consoles so I'm planning on buying both games. Oh yeah!
whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts
I actually prefer Splinter Cell over Metal Gear, but only if its developed by Ubisoft Montreal and not Ubisoft Shanghai.however, Metal Gear is much more popular and I can appreciate its a good game, but its story is too complex for me.
ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ApocalypseXIVV
[QUOTE="ApocalypseXIVV"][QUOTE="ninjiijitsuu"][QUOTE="ApocalypseXIVV"]

[QUOTE="ninjiijitsuu"]Lma:lol:, Is this a joke thread? Splinter cell is complete garbage. Whats next? You're going to make a thread comparing FFXIII with lost odyssey? :lol:ninjiijitsuu

ORLY?

Gamerankings Scores:

I'm not going to own you in an argument, splinter cell is complete garbage. If you have a complaint, you have the right to make a new thread, and persuade people that splinter cell is on the same level as metal God solid.

/Discussion over.

1st...ur only saying discussion over cause you know ur being ridiculous...i have never said once that SC is better...simply that you stating its garbage is owning youself because you just TOLD me that in order to formulate an opinion on a gamem i have to play it..If you think SC is garbage you wouldnt have played all 3 cause why would u play a series u find as garbage...meaning that u havent played all the SC's...but if you havent played all the SC's how would u know they are garbage, since, according to you, you have to play a game in order to formulate an opinion on it...?

Ouch thats gotta hurt

Avatar image for liquidsnake1987
liquidsnake1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 liquidsnake1987
Member since 2004 • 4750 Posts

[QUOTE="liquidsnake1987"]of course mgs4, but i have been a fan of the splinter cell series. it seems to me that not much of anyone is really that hyped for the next splinter cell. MGS4 is getting more publicity.SecretPolice

Not me, ever since the new game was made public and seen the series going in a new direction ( the S.C. series was getting very stale imo ) and then to see the pics and vids; this game is one of my must have and am very hyped for it's release.

Unless something goes drastically wrong that is.

for me to, i cant tell u how disappointed i was when i heard in was exclusive to the 360 and PC, although the SC series always does better on the 360/PC, i really enjoyed playing SC:DA on the ps3. Hopefully its only time exclusive. Also, i was saying that SC:C is not recieving the publicity it deserves, its a new direction for the series, much like MGS4 is to the others in the series.
Mandingo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mandingo101
[QUOTE="Mandingo101"][QUOTE="ApocalypseXIVV"]

[QUOTE="Mandingo101"][QUOTE="ninjiijitsuu"]Lma:lol:, Is this a joke thread? Splinter cell is complete garbage. Whats next? You're going to make a thread comparing FFXIII with lost odyssey? :lol:ApocalypseXIVV

See Above ^^^

lol OOOK so its better to go by gamespot than a site that averages all the major critics (including Gamespot) when talking about games from years ago? fine if you need it that way

SC - 8.6

SC PT - 8.6

SC CT - 9.1

MGS - 8.5

MGS 2 - 9.6

MGS 3 - 8.7

Wow that made a difference...instead of all being AAA, each has 2 AA and 1 AAA...so even....STILL...Whoops

its not my rules kid, so dont act all immature and smart with me ok? i hate it just as much as you do.

and why dont we get more comparable environments, since there was no ps1 splinter cell, let us compare the last gen ones, and then you have to add another AAA(subsistence) to MGS, but why not compare just the ps2 versions of games to make it even more of a comparable environment? then it gets worse for SC, so its not all that beneficiary to your side of the argument.

so lets compare all the games from the SC universe to the ones from MGS, then you get another AAA on MGS portable ops, and you get more AA games for splinter cell with the 360 version.

instead of doing all that crap, lets just say the MGS series is a better one(which is generally taken as fact by most everyone). not saying SC is crap, i thought it was good, i liked em on xbox, i liked the co op play too, very well thought out. but as for the whole package(story,gameplay,setting, design,sound,characters,etc,etc) MGS wins, i mean i played most all the SC games and the story, i can honeslty say basically made no sense to me, like they werent even trying. i did not understand why i was in the level i was, but all i knew is i was suppose to sneak in or kill some people or whatever. not so with MGS...

PayDaMurdaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PayDaMurdaMan
Member since 2006 • 585 Posts
[QUOTE="ApocalypseXIVV"][QUOTE="ninjiijitsuu"][QUOTE="ApocalypseXIVV"]

ORLY?

Gamerankings Scores:

Well if we are talking about personal opinion and not general consensus of the gaming world...then why did you find the comparison stupid between MGS and SC...if someones own opinion is so valid then how is it funny that someone would like SC more than MGS?

/Discussion over.

Dude he owned you and all you could come back with was SC is garbage. He gave you the general consensus and you gave your opinion. Your opinion only matters to you so I would really like to see you try and OWN him. lol silly fanboys :lol:
HuhJustaBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HuhJustaBox
Member since 2006 • 1585 Posts

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Perhaps after your funny comparisons we could compare GT5 with PGR4?

ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ApocalypseXIVV
[QUOTE="ApocalypseXIVV"][QUOTE="Mandingo101"][QUOTE="ApocalypseXIVV"]

[QUOTE="Mandingo101"][QUOTE="ninjiijitsuu"]Lma:lol:, Is this a joke thread? Splinter cell is complete garbage. Whats next? You're going to make a thread comparing FFXIII with lost odyssey? :lol:Mandingo101

See Above ^^^

SC - 8.6

SC PT - 8.6

SC CT - 9.1

MGS - 8.5

MGS 2 - 9.6

MGS 3 - 8.7

its not my rules kid, so dont act all immature and smart with me ok? i hate it just as much as you do.

and why dont we get more comparable environments, since there was no ps1 splinter cell, let us compare the last gen ones, and then you have to add another AAA(subsistence) to MGS, but why not compare just the ps2 versions of games to make it even more of a comparable environment? then it gets worse for SC, so its not all that beneficiary to your side of the argument.

so lets compare all the games from the SC universe to the ones from MGS, then you get another AAA on MGS portable ops, and you get more AA games for splinter cell with the 360 version.

instead of doing all that crap, lets just say the MGS series is a better one(which is generally taken as fact by most everyone). not saying SC is crap, i thought it was good, i liked em on xbox, i liked the co op play too, very well thought out. but as for the whole package(story,gameplay,setting, design,sound,characters,etc,etc) MGS wins, i mean i played most all the SC games and the story, i can honeslty say basically made no sense to me, like they werent even trying. i did not understand why i was in the level i was, but all i knew is i was suppose to sneak in or kill some people or whatever. not so with MGS...

Ill get smart with u if i want there buddy...and did u even notice how i didnt say which one i like better?

I love the MGS series and think its better than SC...but u said u laughed out loud because of the comparison which i think is "immature" in ur words....you really dont think its possible for somone to like SC better to the point where you acutally laughed out loud? doesnt seem to make any sense since according to the scores theyre pretty comparable...

And why would u count substance as part of it...? Its the same game with addons...the reason we are at MGS IV is cause there are 3 main games in the current series

HuhJustaBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HuhJustaBox
Member since 2006 • 1585 Posts
[QUOTE="ninjiijitsuu"][QUOTE="ApocalypseXIVV"][QUOTE="ninjiijitsuu"][QUOTE="ApocalypseXIVV"]

[QUOTE="ninjiijitsuu"]Lma:lol:, Is this a joke thread? Splinter cell is complete garbage. Whats next? You're going to make a thread comparing FFXIII with lost odyssey? :lol:PayDaMurdaMan

ORLY?

Gamerankings Scores:

Well if we are talking about personal opinion and not general consensus of the gaming world...then why did you find the comparison stupid between MGS and SC...if someones own opinion is so valid then how is it funny that someone would like SC more than MGS?

/Discussion over.

Dude he owned you and all you could come back with was SC is garbage. He gave you the general consensus and you gave your opinion. Your opinion only matters to you so I would really like to see you try and OWN him. lol silly fanboys :lol:

Your right that Splinter Cell is not complete garbage. They are entertaining and are decent games, but to compare them to MGS is just insane. Metal Gear invented the stealth action genre, and they have added innovations with each installment. Everything from gameplay, to graphics, to story, to interaction is mind blowing in the MG universe. SC cannot hold a candle to MGS. Not saying SC is bad, (it is a good game), but it cannot touch the perfection of MGS.

Go play both and you will see the differnce.

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
im an extreme fan of both games (extreme mode on mgs and 100% stealth rating on splinter cell) but its gotta be MGS. Its such an epic game and the gameplay is great. Splinter is wikid too though, chaos theory to be specific.
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

I never liked MGS everything about it seemed too hollywood like

**takes out flame shield** bring on the flames xP

Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts

70+ weapons in MGS4

/thread

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

Splinter Cell: Convictions is more about blending into the crowd, its not really strealth gameplay in my view.

Zenkuso
Althought I agree with everything else you said,blending into a crowd to evade pursuers is stealth.
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
SC Conviction = Real Stealth.....MGS4 = lame Stealth, seriously reading a mag during battle to make you feel better lol lame....my opinion, dont kill kill me lol
MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MGS9150
Member since 2004 • 2491 Posts

MGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> * 10000000000000>>>>>> SC.

NO comparison

/THREAD

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

70+ weapons in MGS4

/thread

NavigatorsGhost

wheres teh stealth?????? limited weapons in SC so you can be stealthy instead of being a Rambo in a so called stealth game

Finale-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Finale-
Member since 2007 • 981 Posts
Splinter Cell is garbage.