MGS4 - the BEST next gen console game (56K no)

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AB_Uppercut
Member since 2007 • 1287 Posts

I'm not talking graphics wise but also gameplay, story and sound. This game is gonna ROCK ! and show everyone including the doubters that PS3 is a worthwhile purchase. MGS4 will be Kojima's final MGS game and yes this time it will be his last, trust me. I can see Kojima working his ass off to make this game everything it possibly can, it will take FULL advantage of CELL and the seven SPU's plus Blue-ray. MGS4 is obviously the winner in the story category because there has been no game that has riveled MGS's amazing story that takes you through a rollercoaster of emotions. Sound, again MGS4 will be the clear victor because come on we all know how great MGS sounds. Gameplay will be out of this world, MGS4 is going to be unlike any MGS game before it, the gameplay is going to constantly change dew to the environment and the people around you. Graphics, now graphics is something that MGS4 is not going to dissappoint on, its been like 6 months since we have seem the TGS 06 MGS4 trailer, I bet if we all saw it now we would just faint at how amazing it looks.

Kojima is going to show everyone the power of PS3 just like how he showed the power of PS2 with MGS2.

MGS4 will be AAA title all round plus millions seller guaranteed 8)

Look at these images guys because chances are that the next time we see MGS4 it will look much better, not saying that these don't looks AWESOME!

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

A) I doubt anything will take "full advantage of the CELL" in the next few years.

B) Since MGS4 isn't out yet and this is all speculation, I vote for Halo 3.:D

Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts
I can't wait for this game either... I would pay full retail $60 just to play this game right now, finnished or not finnished :lol:
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Spartan070
But yes, MGS4 will be awesome. Can't wait to get a PS3.:x
VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts
As long as i actually get to play the game instead of watch it...it might be ok.
SoulKillah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 SoulKillah
Member since 2007 • 2171 Posts
MGS4 is looking awesome...i hype AAAA:D
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#7 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts
How many copies did MGS3 sell?
darrowby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 darrowby88
Member since 2005 • 861 Posts
tell me with your crystal ball, what score will mass effect get? or halo 3? or othe games that are months from being released
pcmxms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pcmxms
Member since 2003 • 1596 Posts
what if it flops? I can't see the future. Can you?
apolloluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 apolloluke
Member since 2006 • 1273 Posts
How can you hype the gameplay when you haven't seen or played it? This game will come to 360 anyway....
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44247 Posts
         More than likely coming to 360 too but Splinter Cell is a much better franchise anyway so - meh !;)
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
[QUOTE="apolloluke"]How can you hype the gameplay when you haven't seen or played it? This game will come to 360 anyway....

Yeah, how can you even say this game will be great when all we have seen from it has been CG.
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AB_Uppercut

A) I doubt anything will take "full advantage of the CELL" in the next few years.

Spartan070

Halo 3 doesn't look all that right, I know its alpha but still compare MGS4 and Halo 3 and you would know easily that MGS4 pwns Halo 3 plus they're bothing coming out roughy the same time.

oh and you don't know Kojima, back when everyone was saying that PS2 is too dificult to make games for, Kojima came and showed the potential of PS2 with MGS2. If there's anyone who can unlock the potential of PS3 this early on, it will be Kojima. Plus PS3 is easier to make games for then PS2 :P

Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts
More than likely coming to 360 too but Splinter Cell is a much better franchise anyway so - meh !;)SecretPolice
More than likely? Dream on. :| And how can you say Splinter Cell is better... thats just stupid, really. :|
killeryoda85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 killeryoda85
Member since 2006 • 499 Posts
The best all rounder will undoubtedly be a close contest but i think Halo 3, MGS4 and Mass Effect all have a good chance. Lets not also forget GTA4 and Wii Sports 2!
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"]

AB_Uppercut

Halo 3 doesn't look all that right, I know its alpha but still compare MGS4 and Halo 3 and you would know easily that MGS4 pwns Halo 3 plus they're bothing coming out roughy the same time.

I will bet that Halo 3 will compare nicely to MGS4 will it releases in terms of graphics. Also note my second post, I am really siked for MGS4.

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bezaire2005
Member since 2005 • 3635 Posts
MGS4: unreleaesed so you have absolutly no idea if it's going to be the BEST next gen console game.
Resident_Fan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Resident_Fan_
Member since 2004 • 591 Posts
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"] More than likely coming to 360 too but Splinter Cell is a much better franchise anyway so - meh !;)Not-A-Stalker
More than likely? Dream on. :| And how can you say Splinter Cell is better... thats just stupid, really. :|

oh i see ur point, his opinion doesnt count but urs is right?? :roll:
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts

At this point MGS4 is the only can singlely dictate the choice of which system to buy/not to buy/or add to their collection for millions of Hard core gamers. 

The choice of me buying a PS3 literally depends on day MGS4 will be released.  If MGS4 wasn't being made...I wouldn't even consider buying a next gen system right now.

theboxmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 theboxmike
Member since 2005 • 2615 Posts

I'm not talking graphics wise but also gameplay, story and sound. This game is gonna ROCK ! and show everyone including the doubters that PS3 is a worthwhile purchase. MGS4 will be Kojima's final MGS game and yes this time it will be his last, trust me. I can see Kojima working his ass off to make this game everything it possibly can, it will take FULL advantage of CELL and the seven SPU's plus Blue-ray. MGS4 is obviously the winner in the story category because there has been no game that has riveled MGS's amazing story that takes you through a rollercoaster of emotions. Sound, again MGS4 will be the clear victor because come on we all know how great MGS sounds. Gameplay will be out of this world, MGS4 is going to be unlike any MGS game before it, the gameplay is going to constantly change dew to the environment and the people around you. Graphics, now graphics is something that MGS4 is not going to dissappoint on, its been like 6 months since we have seem the TGS 06 MGS4 trailer, I bet if we all saw it now we would just faint at how amazing it looks.

Kojima is going to show everyone the power of PS3 just like how he showed the power of PS2 with MGS2.

Look at these images guys because chances are that the next time we see MGS4 it will look much better, not saying that these don't looks AWESOME!

AB_Uppercut

Those pics look pretty meh TBH

Halo 3 doesnt look that far off it ethier............mgs4 does look better graphicly though so far..............but nethier is any good looking

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
[QUOTE="Spartan070"]

AB_Uppercut

oh and you don't know Kojima, back when everyone was saying that PS2 is too dificult to make games for, Kojima came and showed the potential of PS2 with MGS2. If there's anyone who can unlock the potential of PS3 this early on, it will be Kojima. Plus PS3 is easier to make games for then PS2 :P

Um yeah maybe, but the fact is Halo is a franchise that got 2 high AAA scores and MGS well it varies from High AA to low AAA. Anyways. And as for sales Halo will sell more.
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 proof11102

what if it flops? I can't see the future. Can you?pcmxms

Flop?

That don't work on MGS games sorry.  Even the MGS games that can be considered flops here at GS (MGS1 & MGS3) are still considered to be the best games ever made by hard core gamers all around the world.

pcmxms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pcmxms
Member since 2003 • 1596 Posts

[QUOTE="pcmxms"]what if it flops? I can't see the future. Can you?proof11102

Flop?

That don't work on MGS games sorry. Even the MGS games that can be considered flops here at GS (MGS1 & MGS3) are still considered to be the best games ever made by hard core gamers all around the world.

Still, it is considered a flop here at system wars :P
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AB_Uppercut

OK guys MGS4 on 360 :? I think your getting ahead of yourself. Just because DMC4 went to 360 doesn't mean Kojima will do the same with MGS4.

apperently you guys don't know Kojima too well, Kojima is a rebel :D he doesn't like going by the rules or doing the next popular thing i.e. porting games over to 360. Kojima likes to concenrate on one console at a time, so even if there is going to be an MGS4 on 360, don't count on it coming any time soon.

Actually chances of MGS4 going to 360 are slim because Kojima is going to use PS3 to its full advantage, I don't think 360 will be able to handle it :wink:

Plus Kojima is loyal, I don't think he would betray the PlayStation fanbase oh and he did say that PlayStation is the home of Snake :)

p.s, I'm not saying I don't want the 360 fans to enjoy MGS4 :) just buy a PS3.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
So you've played it? How was it? Did Snake kill himself?
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 haris12121212

OK guys MGS4 on 360 :? I think your getting ahead of yourself. Just because DMC4 went to 360 doesn't mean Kojima will do the same with MGS4.

apperently you guys don't know Kojima too well, Kojima is a rebel :D he doesn't like going by the rules or doing the next popular thing i.e. porting games over to 360. Kojima likes to concenrate on one console at a time, so even if there is going to be an MGS4 on 360, don't count on it coming any time soon.

Actually chances of MGS4 going to 360 are slim because Kojima is going to use PS3 to its full advantage, I don't think 360 will be able to handle it :wink:

Plus Kojima is loyal, I don't think he would betray the PlayStation fanbase oh and he did say that PlayStation is the home of Snake :)

p.s, I'm not saying I don't want the 360 fans to enjoy MGS4 :) just buy a PS3.

AB_Uppercut
How is ojima loyal? Weren't there a few MGS games out for the Game Cube also? There are also MGS games for Xbox and for PC...
jfkunrendered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 jfkunrendered
Member since 2005 • 8298 Posts

I never could get in to this game....i`ll stick with Halo 3

proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 proof11102
[QUOTE="AB_Uppercut"]

theboxmike

Halo 3 doesnt look that far off it ethier............mgs4 does look better graphicly though so far..............but nethier is any good looking

But the diffrence between Kojima teams tallent and Bungie teams tallent is....

Kojima's team did with PS2 for MGS2 in 01 >>>>>>>>>>>> what Bungie's team did with xbox for Halo 1 in 01 

Now considering the Power of PS3 and the cell compaired to what they accomplished on the PS2 then...I don't think there will be any game on the 360 that will be comparible to what MGS4 will be for the entire generation. 

But that's just my expectation, no one else need think this is anyones opinion but mine, however MGS3 went on to prove the power of kojima teams tallent yet again, while Bungie released Halo 2 and....

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
Halo 3 will outsell MGS4 by a longshot.  MGS3 sold well but was no where near the amount of sales that halo 2 got.  Halo has a much larger fanbase.  I also think that judging the pics Halo 3 almost looks on par with MGS right now.  Just my opinion though.
JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 JeffGenocideX
Member since 2004 • 4853 Posts
MGS4 will be good, but I would rather play Bioshock & Halo 3.
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 proof11102

Halo 3 will outsell MGS4 by a longshot.  MGS3 sold well but was no where near the amount of sales that halo 2 got.  Halo has a much larger fanbase.  I also think that judging the pics Halo 3 almost looks on par with MGS right now.  Just my opinion though.sirk1264

Ok now, which one was the better game?

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

[QUOTE="sirk1264"]Halo 3 will outsell MGS4 by a longshot. MGS3 sold well but was no where near the amount of sales that halo 2 got. Halo has a much larger fanbase. I also think that judging the pics Halo 3 almost looks on par with MGS right now. Just my opinion though.proof11102

Halo is definitely the better game for me.  I never liked MGS. 

Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
As long as i actually get to play the game instead of watch it...it might be ok.VideoGameGuy
better move along then....MGS games don't work that way...:lol:
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts
I really dislike the MGS series. It's more watching than playing.
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
[QUOTE="Boba_Fett_3710"][QUOTE="apolloluke"]How can you hype the gameplay when you haven't seen or played it? This game will come to 360 anyway....

Yeah, how can you even say this game will be great when all we have seen from it has been CG.

There isn't, and never has been, any CGI in MGS :?
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 haris12121212
[QUOTE="theboxmike"][QUOTE="AB_Uppercut"]

Look at these images guys because chances are that the next time we see MGS4 it will look much better, not saying that these don't looks AWESOME!

proof11102

Kojima's team did with PS2 for MGS2 in 01 >>>>>>>>>>>> what Bungie's team did with xbox for Halo 1 in 01>But that's just my expectation, no one else need think this is anyones opinion but mine, however MGS3 went on to prove the power of kojima teams tallent yet again, while Bungie released Halo 2 and....

Halo 1 got better reviews here on GS and on Game Rankings than MGS 2 : Sons of Liberty (9.7-9.6). Plus Snake Eater got 8.7 and Halo 2 got 9.4, yet again it proves that halo has better scores overall.
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 haris12121212

[QUOTE="sirk1264"]Halo 3 will outsell MGS4 by a longshot. MGS3 sold well but was no where near the amount of sales that halo 2 got. Halo has a much larger fanbase. I also think that judging the pics Halo 3 almost looks on par with MGS right now. Just my opinion though.proof11102

Halo 2 got better scores overall... And I actually enjoyed more Halo 2 than MGS. I kind of stopped liking the franchise after the PS titles.
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AB_Uppercut

theboxmike

you think these pics look meh :? have you tried opening your eyes or taking off your fan-boy goggles :P

seriously MGS4 looks amazing and remember we haven't seen MGS4 for 6 MONTHS! now, so imagine how it would look with the 6 months progress.

*imagining*......:shock:*faints*

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
Have you played it? How do you know its going to play great? You fail cow.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
let us HOPE it is great.... we've only seen trailers....
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts
[QUOTE="theboxmike"][QUOTE="AB_Uppercut"]

proof11102

Kojima's team did with PS2 for MGS2 in 01 >>>>>>>>>>>> what Bungie's team did with xbox for Halo 1 in 01 

Now considering the Power of PS3 and the cell compaired to what they accomplished on the PS2 then...I don't think there will be any game on the 360 that will be comparible to what MGS4 will be for the entire generation. 

But that's just my expectation, no one else need think this is anyones opinion but mine, however MGS3 went on to prove the power of kojima teams tallent yet again, while Bungie released Halo 2 and....

H2 was rated higher then MGS3... just like halo was rated higher then MGS2.......
jfkunrendered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 jfkunrendered
Member since 2005 • 8298 Posts
[QUOTE="theboxmike"]

AB_Uppercut

you think these pics look meh :? have you tried opening your eyes or taking off your fan-boy goggles :P

seriously MGS4 looks amazing and remember we haven't seen MGS4 for 6 MONTHS! now, so imagine how it would look with the 6 months progress.

*imagining*......:shock:*faints*

And imagine, all they`ve released for Halo 3 is Alpha and pre-Beta images...just imagine...playing the beta this spring and imagining what it will look like in 6 months from then........dies.... 

Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nedemis

AB_Uppercut

wow....:|  look at those beautiful ground textures that repeat...:lol:  BluRay being used to it's max,  huh?

if you don't see what I'm talking about,  take a nice look at the little rock piles.....same exact pile, just rotated....:lol:  doesn't help that they are really low res too....

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
I'm glad there is a game that you are excited about but "best" no way. After the PS1 MGS the rest have been dissapointing at best, and the whole Ape Escape thing ugh, even the devs don't take this game seriously anymore.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
[QUOTE="AB_Uppercut"]

Nedemis

wow....:|  look at those beautiful ground textures that repeat...:lol:  BluRay being used to it's max,  huh?

if you don't see what I'm talking about,  take a nice look at the little rock piles.....same exact pile, just rotated....:lol:  doesn't help that they are really low res too....

true.. charachter models look amazing, but surroundings.... MEH.. but remeber, these are all early stuff.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Spartan070

[QUOTE="sirk1264"]Halo 3 will outsell MGS4 by a longshot.  MGS3 sold well but was no where near the amount of sales that halo 2 got.  Halo has a much larger fanbase.  I also think that judging the pics Halo 3 almost looks on par with MGS right now.  Just my opinion though.proof11102

Halo 2 for me.
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Nedemis
[QUOTE="proof11102"]

[QUOTE="sirk1264"]Halo 3 will outsell MGS4 by a longshot. MGS3 sold well but was no where near the amount of sales that halo 2 got. Halo has a much larger fanbase. I also think that judging the pics Halo 3 almost looks on par with MGS right now. Just my opinion though.Spartan070

Halo 2 for me.

I'd agree with you there....the last MGS game I really enjoyed was Twin Snakes of all games....makes sense seeing how it was an improved version of the best in the series to date.....
chrisdojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 chrisdojo
Member since 2005 • 5065 Posts
where's teh realism???
Jagazaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jagazaar
Member since 2007 • 1023 Posts

Personally, I don't give a stuff about graphics. I'm more for story, gameplay, and music.

The Halo series has a decent story, but MGS totally eclipses it in that area, IMO.

I'm not going to call judgement on the music, both are pretty awesome.

Gameplay? I'll always favour MGS here, I personally feel that Halo, while a good series, doesn't add a huge amount of originality to the FPS genre other than giving M$ a flagship series (good or bad depending on your point of view), whereas MGS is practically the grand-daddy of stealth-based games and adds a deeper level of intuitive play.

That said, Halo 3 will undoubtedly sell a much larger amount of copies than MGS4, but I'm hoping that both games will live up to the ridiculous amounts of hype everyone saturates them with.

_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts

"MGS4 - the BEST next gen console game"

I think you accidentally wrote MEGASUCK4 when you were supposed to write Shirokishi monogatari