MGS4 - I told you I was right!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

itsallgood29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 itsallgood29
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts

I said yesterday that this trailer had no graphical update whatsoever and I was right.

I am guessing that the cows are tired of looking at the mediocre RFOM graphics (as I am) and dementia is starting to set in. Just take a deep breath and repeat after me...The games are coming, The games are coming, The games are coming.

Kreean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kreean
Member since 2006 • 683 Posts
Um, ok?
Strongman98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Strongman98
Member since 2005 • 351 Posts
lol no one cares that it wasnt improved, its just that you are paranoid of ps3 (idk why), and yes the games are coming
itsallgood29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 itsallgood29

lol no one cares that it wasnt improved, its just that you are paranoid of ps3 (idk why), and yes the games are comingStrongman98

Why would I be paranoid of the PS3? I own a PS3 and want the game to look good, I just despise fanboys so I love it when they eat *&^% 

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

mediocre RFOM graphics?

Wow I gotta disagree with ya on that. RFOM is light years beyond 360's PDZ launch graphics and far closer to what the 360 is pulling out now. Its no gears but that doesn't mean they're not good.

jdknight21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#6 jdknight21
Member since 2006 • 3282 Posts
R:FOM graphics aren't mediocre if you are using an HDTV.  I hardly game on my PS3 lately, but that statement isn't true.  They are in the top 5 that I've seen and I own both consoles.  Unfortunately like most games with great graphics this gen so far the game has been a victim of everything being of a similar color palette.
Rhys555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Rhys555
Member since 2005 • 2156 Posts

I said yesterday that this trailer had no graphical update whatsoever and I was right.

I am guessing that the cows are tired of looking at the mediocre RFOM graphics (as I am) and dementia is starting to set in. Just take a deep breath and repeat after me...The games are coming, The games are coming, The games are coming.

itsallgood29

Look man, these graphic are almost a year old, and in that time, i think konami might have beef them up a little. Good day :)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
It looked a lot cleaner to me... and sounded quite a bit sharper. I don't think remastered is supposed to mean "upgraded."

Watching it again hypes me even more for the game now... good thing I can rent systems in my city.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

R:FOM graphics aren't mediocre if you are using an HDTV.  I hardly game on my PS3 lately, but that statement isn't true.  They are in the top 5 that I've seen and I own both consoles.  Unfortunately like most games with great graphics this gen so far the game has been a victim of everything being of a similar color palette.jdknight21

Yeah, the brown/yellow thing has to stop. Really it does. I think the Halo 3 beta was unfairly judged simply because the style of Halo isn't going to suddenly change just because its on the 360. Its still going to be brightly colored, were people expecting it to be yellow and brown?

itsallgood29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 itsallgood29

mediocre RFOM graphics?

Wow I gotta disagree with ya on that. RFOM is light years beyond 360's PDZ launch graphics and far closer to what the 360 is pulling out now. Its no gears but that doesn't mean they're not good.

Bread_or_Decide

Ok first and foremost, I want what you are smoking Overall RFOM looks ok but the textures are crap, there are tons of jaggies (tons) and while the game is great fun it comes nowhere close to some other games.

itsallgood29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 itsallgood29

mediocre RFOM graphics?

Wow I gotta disagree with ya on that. RFOM is light years beyond 360's PDZ launch graphics and far closer to what the 360 is pulling out now. Its no gears but that doesn't mean they're not good.

Bread_or_Decide

RFOM was a good first attempt but it is not going down as any kind of graphical achievement. Many of the reviewers of this game noticed these things as well. One guy even said that the game looked like a PS2 game with better draw distance (I don't agree) but that should tell you that the game is not that amazing in visuals.

When I played it the first time I was not blown away by anything other then gameplay.Â