Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24998 Posts

Source

Several of these sources have said that the game will be a PlayStation exclusive game (possibly timed), but according to a new report fromInsider Gaming, this is false. While this generally trusted news outlet confirms that the game is indeed coming and will be revealed on Wednesday during Sony's PlayStation showcase - it will also be released for both PC and Xbox.

It will be announced soon. PS showcase.

Looking forward to it.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7223 Posts

I’ll buy it to support Konami.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7334 Posts

Surprised they'd remake 3 before 1.

Edit: Ok, I should say Solid 1, since that was actually the third game.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

I just assumed it would be multiplat. Why wouldn't it be?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50617 Posts

So a rumored game is rumored to be multiplat?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46488 Posts

@Chutebox said:

It also debunks another rumor which claims it's exclusive to playstation.

evil_kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 evil_kane
Member since 2003 • 1101 Posts

@judaspete said:

3 takes place before 1.....1964 to be exact.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1583 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Chutebox said:

It also debunks another rumor which claims it's exclusive to playstation.

If Sony are the one's who brought this game to materialize then this is just copizm.

Everyone already fully expects the game to come to PC after a timed period as do all their other 3rd party Sony deal titles.

The only way this would come to xbox is if Konami themselves are the ones funding the project.

The only problem with this theory is that we already have 1 of the games (between Silent hill, MGS & Castlevalina) that was speculated to have a deal between Sony and Konami...

(Silent Hill II) and it's already revealed to be a PS5 console exclusive.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

Jim Ryan fervently reaching into his coffers for 50 million to wire to Konami headquarters. He knows Cows can't be excited for a 3rd party game unless he moneyhats it first.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59184 Posts

I look forward to being overcharged with egregious changes.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#11 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6101 Posts

Not a fan of MGS, but hopes it’s good enough for the fan base to enjoy it.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12342 Posts

@evil_kane said:
@judaspete said:

right, MGS3 is actually the first in chronological order.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12342 Posts

MGS3 is one of my favorite games of all time. I'm happy as long as we get a remake.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts
@evil_kane said:

Sure, but as with many prequels, it's clearly presented in a way that builds off the previous entries.

MGS3 has way less impact if you play the series in timeline order rather than release order. Philosophers, origins of Fox, Big Boss himself, Ocelot, etc. - People and organizations that are built up to be damn near mythical figures in the other games. That's a big part of what made the game so cool to long time fans. Seeing these origins. Gaining info that helps fill in the blanks of the previous "future" games.

It's all written to be that way lol.

Even little stuff like watching Ocelot stumble as a noob, schooled by Big Boss, getting better each encounter. Hits a lot different after you've seen him established as some impossible quadruple agent badass. Otherwise, just be some annoying kid who shows up here and there.

It's not just the bigger players either, even the DARPA Chief and Dr. Clark get their origins in that game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghosts4ever

@ConanTheStoner said:
@evil_kane said:

Sure, but as with many prequels, it's clearly presented in a way that builds off the previous entries.

MGS3 has way less impact if you play the series in timeline order rather than release order. Philosophers, origins of Fox, Big Boss himself, Ocelot, etc. - People and organizations that are built up to be damn near mythical figures in the other games. That's a big part of what made the game so cool to long time fans. Seeing these origins. Gaining info that helps fill in the blanks of the previous "future" games.

Even little stuff like watching Ocelot stumble as a noob, schooled by Big Boss, getting better each encounter. Hits a lot different after you've seen him established as some impossible quadruple agent badass. Otherwise, just be some annoying kid who shows up here and there.

It's not just the bigger players either, even the DARPA Chief and Dr. Clark get their origins in that game.

Its like watching star wars prequel trilogy first because of timeline order. the plot twist of Darth vader would have been missed if one who start star wars with episode 1.

I was recommending star wars trilogy to my friend and he was about to start with episode 1 because its episode 1 instead of very first star wars.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ConanTheStoner

@ghosts4ever:

Yeah for sure. I'm way on the normie side of Star Wars stuff, knowledge is pretty surface level lol. But it always seemed MGS series mirrors Star Wars in a lot of ways, or at least has some clear counterparts.

But even in general, this is how prequels are almost always written. Assuming you've already read/viewed the other material. Realistically they're still just sequels for the most part.

Timeline order recommendation, pretty much always a bad idea lol.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58424 Posts

Hope it's true.

Trends have shown that releasing multiplat increases sales vs exclusivity, with eventual ports of previously-exclusive PS titles like Days Gone, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and God of War boosting numbers by the multi-millions.

I'd also like to just give it a go and don't like being forced onto another platform to do so.

@ghosts4ever said:
@ConanTheStoner said:
@evil_kane said:

Its like watching star wars prequel trilogy first because of timeline order. the plot twist of Darth vader would have been missed if one who start star wars with episode 1.

I was recommending star wars trilogy to my friend and he was about to start with episode 1 because its episode 1 instead of very first star wars.

There's a lot of different ways to watch the Star Wars.

The best for me was watching the end of Rogue One, going directly into Episode IV.

After that, watch or read a synopsis of Episodes I and II since they're basically bullshit (though, imo, still worth a watch on their own). Then watch some key episodes of Clone Wars, specifically the Siege of Mandalore arc, and then go into Episode III.

Finally, resume the original trilogy by watching Episode V since the whole Skywalker family saga has been established with Clone Wars and Episodes I-IV, then Episode VI.

Debatable whether you should even bother with Episodes VII-IX, as they are pretty much garbage (but I still like them, because, well...Star Wars).

And that's just one example of the way to watch them. If someone wants to view it another way, that's fine. I imagine it's the same with Metal Gear, seeing as how there are a.) more than just the core games in the series, and b.) they jump around as far as timelines go.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 uninspiredcup

If you're freind doesn't like the prequels he's scum, get rid of him.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@mrbojangles25:

If I'm going back through something again, yeah, definitely can enjoy it in different orders. Stuff to watch first, stuff to skip, stuff to skim over.

But for a first time around, at least in MGS case, so much of it would just be structurally awkward lol. The amount of times they'd spend the better part of an entry building up some mystery or reveal... except wait, you already have all of the details, shit would seem silly and pointless lol.

Similarly, starting with the prequel, the things they place huge emphasis on would seem like lol why does this even matter? Who is this bum anyways?

Probably more flexibility to it in some cases. But yeah, MGS' through line is a rigid one.

-

That being said, the games are fun af stealth sandboxes. And that sandbox is pretty deep in MGS3. From just a gameplay standpoint, play it standalone, play it any order, doesn't matter. Which to me is more important than whatever batshit story this series tells. Even if it was pretty entertaining for the first 3 games.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

May as well be exclusive to Playstation. Xbox gamers wait for everything to hit Gamepass.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#21 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

Meh!

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6432 Posts

@fedor said:

Jim Ryan fervently reaching into his coffers for 50 million to wire to Konami headquarters. He knows Cows can't be excited for a 3rd party game unless he moneyhats it first.

Exactly, if it's not exclusive then cows won't care about it. And if it is exclusive it will be played for hundreds of hours on here rather than in real life lol.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14817 Posts

@mesome713 said:

I’ll buy it to support Konami.

Same. Don’t care if it’s shit.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39411 Posts

So many incredible titles coming to the ps5. Imagine being in 2023, and still not owning one. What is wrong with you? Rethink your life and buy one already, its only $400.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3232 Posts

I wonder if the remake will capture the magic without Kojima being involved with it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By uninspiredcup
@AcidTango said:

I wonder if the remake will capture the magic without Kojima being involved with it.

Never prescribe to this idea that some sole person is such a magnificent visonary that it's impossible for anyone else to stand in.

If it's bad think probably be more likely due to Konami being cynical. A mandate for grind mechanics or some crap, kind of thing they'd do.

Like, Metal Gear: Survive, if take it for what it is, and renamed it some rando "bla bla", actually not a bad game. But, what it is, exists because Konami was chasing trends, pretty much everyone could see that. And when you immediately and transparent do that, immediate swerve into something people didn't want to begin with, well, saw how that went.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18806 Posts

@brimmul777: " Not a fan of MGS, but hopes it’s good enough for the fan base to enjoy it."

What's your beef with it?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61520 Posts

It would be stupid not to be multiplat. That being said, this is the company that went heavy into pachinko (even an MGS3 with remade cutscenes) and learned their lesson from leaving game development/publishing.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

Yawn, another remake. Let’s go with brand new games please

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44360 Posts

Makes sense to make it multi platform. Either way I hope the rumours prove true. Really loved the game and would to see it all spruced up.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44631 Posts

Rumors dispelling rumors... honestly I would not be surprised regarding any of it, whether it's being remade or not, whether it's PS console exclusive or not. I'll just wait and see.

Can't say I'm particularly excited to see a bunch of boring cutscenes and codecs and exposition overkill get a facelift, nor a $70 price tag slapped on it.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8498 Posts

@last_lap said:
@fedor said:

Exactly, if it's not exclusive then cows won't care about it. And if it is exclusive it will be played for hundreds of hours on here rather than in real life lol.

Yup, Returnal is a recent example.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

PlayStation has no games

Avatar image for deactivated-64fbf588222fb
deactivated-64fbf588222fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-64fbf588222fb
Member since 2021 • 1253 Posts

Best MGS, day 1

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 uninspiredcup

@randy_lahey said:

Wouldn't be surprised if other publishers take lessons from Resident Evil, and straight up remake every single entry of franchises as a way to reboot and use established ips.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Just like the rumors about FF 7 remake was suppose to be a multi plat game and look how that turned out for the lems here.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@randy_lahey said:

Wouldn't be surprised if other publishers take lessons from Resident Evil, and straight up remake every single entry of franchises as a way to reboot and use established ips.

Most people allergic to remake have no idea how much remake can improve over original and its best way to revisit original.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Do the math...Remake + MG + 3 =...

lol :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:

Most people allergic to remake have no idea how much remake can improve over original and its best way to revisit original.

All the old mans recessive genes.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

All the old mans recessive genes.

Not a proper remake.

need a proper remake.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Area 51, UFO.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7247 Posts
@fedor said:

really why on earth is elder ring so much praise? res4? res8?

or any major third party game? the last starwars game? dead space?

there are plenty of third party games get praised from cows.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Fedor
@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:

or any major third party game? he last starwars game? dead space?

Who's talking about praise?

And it's Elden not "Elder"

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7247 Posts

@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:

again how come sony fans get excited for games above?

of course sony fans get excited for sony exclusives.

same as nin fans for zelda and mario and Metroid.

same reason xbox fans get excited for exclusives halo, forza. ow wait they can't get excited because there is no more exclusives.

but im one of those cows that think third party timed exclusives are waste of money.

rather them spend that money on expanding there already first party so they can work on more than one project at a time.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Fedor
@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:

again how come sony fans get excited for games above?

Again, you said "praise". Cows were nowhere near as "excited" for those games as they were for the 3rd party games Sony moneyhats, like FF16. Cows were out here hyping shit like Forespoken up for a year until those gameplay reveals and demos showed how garbage the game was actually going to be. Then they all jumped ship and acted like they always knew it was trash. In fact Cows were running defense against games like Elden Ring because it rightfully threatened GOWR for GOTY. Or saying dumb shit like "I wish it was Sony exclusive so it could look like Demons Souls does". Stop this delusion that Cows don't get exponentially more excited for 3rd party games after Sony pays for exclusivity. Looking forward to your whataboutism response.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22833 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

May as well be exclusive to Playstation. Xbox gamers wait for everything to hit Gamepass.

Wut? But they get everything day 1.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#47 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6101 Posts

@PSP107: It’s just not my cup of tea,but I know it has legions of followers. Plus I don’t have the skill to those stealth games. I’m even really bad at Tomb Raider, etc…etc… I’m pretty much a casual gamer,been gaming for decades just not an expert in it.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@fedor said:

Lemdor extra salty today lol

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Fedor

@randy_lahey said:
@fedor said:

Lemdor extra salty today lol

I don't own an Xbox, haven't since like 2009. You've probably supported more Xbox products in the last 15 years than I have. You're more of a lem than me, Randy.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#50  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

Damn! The Sony alt is getting rekt again. 😂