metroid prime 3 destroys all fps this year.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xjet039

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 xjet039
Member since 2004 • 3007 Posts

Metroid Prime 3 will destroy all these game in gameplay because of past metroid prime games and theyve consistently been AAA , it will also use the wiis controller, halo 3 will have great gameplay also but will not live up to 360 current graphics, killzone 2 dont make me laugh, and crysis that game only has graphics weres the gameplay.

r_h_i_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 r_h_i_e
Member since 2005 • 149 Posts
Halo 3 will have better graphics than Metroid Prime 3. It's multiplayer will be much better as well. It's kind of hard to compare because one uses beams and the other uses guns.
jwmakoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jwmakoto
Member since 2004 • 787 Posts
Didn't you just..... wasn't it just....... wtf? Why?
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34766 Posts
To compare MP3 with Halo 3, Killzone 2 and Crysis is incredibly stupid. I wouldn't recommend to question a game's gameplay without trying it, either (Crysis).
Chrono21X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chrono21X
Member since 2003 • 853 Posts

Metroid Prime 3 will destroy all these game in gameplay because of past metroid prime games and theyve consistently been AAA , it will also use the wiis controller, halo 3 will have great gameplay also but will not live up to 360 current graphics, killzone 2 dont make me laugh, and crysis that game only has graphics weres the gameplay.

xjet039

No online multiplayer. :|

Plug1Plug2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Plug1Plug2
Member since 2005 • 1387 Posts
I agree 100%. -and from what I've seen so far of Halo3, it doesn't even have to try.
E_x_i_l_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 E_x_i_l_e
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts

From the gameplay that was shown I was really iffy about it. Halo 3 plays great, thats all that matters, and the graphics are a much bigger step up from 2's on an HDTV, it really shows. And I'm going to die laughing when Killzone 2 outscores your precious MP3.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
No. The Wii has yet to have a functional shooter. I hope Nintendo changes that with MP3 but MP3 will not be the FPS of the year. It's definately up there though. :)
CB4McGusto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CB4McGusto
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

:lol:

wait your serious? :|

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts
But MP3 is a FPA, I don't think it has any competition in that catergory.
peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts
I agree Metroid Prime 3 will be better, but that is completely subjective. All this thread is going to do is get Halo fans and Killzone fans (is there such a thing:question:) panties all tangled up in a bunch.
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts
[QUOTE="xjet039"]

Chrono21X

No online multiplayer. :|

Its been delayed, rumoured to have an added online multiplayer component.

At this point in time, anyone could be certain that Nintendo's bread n' butter FPS will have online multiplayer.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Im gonna say big WTF. I think its going to be good but it has a lot of competition.
purplemidgets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 purplemidgets
Member since 2002 • 3103 Posts

I think you're forgetting about Mr. Freeman and his crew of merry freedom fighters

aka HL2: Episode 2. 

ssbfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 ssbfalco
Member since 2005 • 1970 Posts

But Metroid Prime 3 isn't a First Person shooter like the other games... Like the past Metroid Prime games, you'll spend 30% of the game actually shooting stuff, 20% shooting doors, and the other 50% doing other cool stuff with the morph ball  and other random attatchments...

Avatar image for deactivated-57d773aa56272
deactivated-57d773aa56272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-57d773aa56272
Member since 2006 • 2292 Posts

I'll throw it on MP this time around.

billyea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 billyea
Member since 2005 • 6153 Posts

I'm sure there'll be people screaming it's an FPA. Doesn't really matter in practice though. Most people consider that if it's first person, and you shoot things, then it's a first person shooter.

It's an FPA though, but it competes in the FPS category because of this misunderstanding. 

dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#18 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts

xjet039

Since you asked for it...

http://au.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25134639 

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Yeah go into a PC forum and tell them that, they will get a great laugh out of it.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

From what I've heard, Retro has scrapped the intense backtracking/search for Samus' weapons BS and made the pacing faster than before and more fun. That's should be interesting. I'm looking forward to it.

Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts
I'm still waiting for the punchline.
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts

xjet039

Metroid's good, but not 'Halo' good. ;)

edit: wtf.... I typed in a message but when I posted, it came out blank! :?

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts

I really dont see why it couldn't.

I laugh at you people who think that it doesn't stand a chance. Metroid Prime won GOTY back in 2002 and it scored a 9.7! Metroid Prime 2 was released in 2004... only 2 years after the first, and now they have had 3 years to make Prime 3 amazing!

It could very well have online multiplayer, and it could very well be the best looking Wii game we have seen so far! Not only is Reggie claiming that its near perfect, but dont forget that it was first supposed to be a LAUNCH GAME! If it was ready back then, what do you think they have been doing with all of their time?

Matt C. from IGN played it back in September, 8 MONTHS AGO, and said the controls were near PERFECT! With a lengthy single player mode, and a probable robust multiplayer mode, Metroid Prime 3 could be better than the competition!

[EDIT] - Im not saying its written in stone, but I really would not be suprised if it happened... 

kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#24 kittykatz5k
Member since 2004 • 32249 Posts

To compare MP3 with Halo 3, Killzone 2 and Crysis is incredibly stupid. I wouldn't recommend to question a game's gameplay without trying it, either (Crysis). Litchie

Killzone 2 XD

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts

[QUOTE="Litchie"]To compare MP3 with Halo 3, Killzone 2 and Crysis is incredibly stupid. I wouldn't recommend to question a game's gameplay without trying it, either (Crysis). kittykatz5k

Killzone 2 XD

I would laugh if Kilzone 2 beats them all... :lol:

Hot_Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 Hot_Potato
Member since 2004 • 3422 Posts
I love people who say Crysis has no gameplay, but in reality it blows all of the above mentioned games out of the water. The multiplayer alone will be worth $50.
Callofdutynoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Callofdutynoob
Member since 2007 • 1058 Posts

To compare MP3 with Halo 3, Killzone 2 and Crysis is incredibly stupid. I wouldn't recommend to question a game's gameplay without trying it, either (Crysis). Litchie

I agree

Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts
MP3 > Halo3   IMO

Halo3 > MP3   In the world opinion. The HD, online, multiplayer, weapon destruction makes it superior in the eyes of America

But really, only the IMO matters.... so really i dont care ;)
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jessesalinas
Member since 2007 • 2935 Posts

"metroid prime 3 destroys all fps this year."

umm,im gonna have to say NO.

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts

I laugh at you people who think that it doesn't stand a chance. Metroid Prime won GOTY back in 2002 and it scored a 9.7! Metroid Prime 2 was released in 2004... only 2 years after the first, and now they have had 3 years to make Prime 3 amazing!

It could very well have online multiplayer, and it could very well be the best looking Wii game we have seen so far! Not only is Reggie claiming that its near perfect, but dont forget that it was first supposed to be a LAUNCH GAME! If it was ready back then, what do you think they have been doing with all of their time?

Matt C. from IGN played it back in September, 8 MONTHS AGO, and said the controls were near PERFECT! With a lengthy single player mode, and a probable robust multiplayer mode, Metroid Prime 3 could be better than the competition!

[EDIT] - Im not saying its written in stone, but I really would not be suprised if it happened... 

kansasdude2009

What the hell do you expect Reggie to say?, and didnt Echos get an 8.6?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"]

-Sora

... 9.5 on IGN, 9.1 on Gamespot. 

proudeskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 proudeskimo
Member since 2004 • 1762 Posts

Halo 3 will have better graphics than Metroid Prime 3. It's multiplayer will be much better as well. It's kind of hard to compare because one uses beams and the other uses guns.r_h_i_e

You also cant compare the fact that MP3 is an open ended FPA, while Halo is a more linear mission based FPS. (and Samus owns MC) 

tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts

nope

halo 3 has the multiplayer

the graphics

and the gameplay

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
I don't consider it an FPS, it does its own thing.
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jessesalinas
[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"]

-Sora

Echoes - 9.1

halo 2 - 9.4

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sora"][QUOTE="kansasdude2009"]

jessesalinas

Echoes - 9.1

halo 2 - 9.4

wtf i could have sworn i saw 8.6, whatever. Muswt have mixed it up with hunters score

camzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 camzaman
Member since 2005 • 2124 Posts
No. The Wii has yet to have a functional shooter. I hope Nintendo changes that with MP3 but MP3 will not be the FPS of the year. It's definately up there though. :)DA_B0MB
Red Steel's functional, have you even played it?
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jessesalinas
[QUOTE="jessesalinas"][QUOTE="-Sora"][QUOTE="kansasdude2009"]

-Sora

Echoes - 9.1

halo 2 - 9.4

wtf i could have sworn i saw 8.6, whatever. Muswt have mixed it up with hunters score

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/metroidprime2/index.html?q=metroid%20prime&tag=result;title;2

:)

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jessesalinas

[QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]No. The Wii has yet to have a functional shooter. I hope Nintendo changes that with MP3 but MP3 will not be the FPS of the year. It's definately up there though. :)camzaman
Red Steel's functional, have you even played it?

i played it..and its one of the worst First-Person Shooter's that i have ever layed my hands on.

mediocre at best..and thats being nice about it.

redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts

Don't limit yourself and force to say that system's game is better than others. Of course, if you own XBOX 360-only, the title would be: "Halo 3 desotrys all fps this year". Then again. Another wannabe analysis.

deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
most fan boys always look down on sheep . also lemmings are obessed with halo so this could be a big fan boy ware .
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

xjet039

stop making the same post, you'll fail again in this one. 

Synchro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 Synchro456
Member since 2005 • 8359 Posts
It will be a good game but I mean the best fps when it's not even a fps even though the gameplay is about shooting stuff but still. I guess its a matter of opinion I hope the dev makes the game good seeing it will be the motion control model for shooting games or at least try. Not a huge metriod fan but I'm still looking forward to it.
OpticalCanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 OpticalCanine
Member since 2006 • 1938 Posts
both are gonna be great games (i say ''both'' b/c killzone is a joke) but ill let my sig speek for itself
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
I don't think one can destroy another, since all will be great.
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
Too bad MP3 isn't an FPS. My bet is The Orange Box even though it has more than 1 FPS in it :)
peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts
Now that I think about it yall, we might have a fakeboy on our hands cause the TC is a major 360 supporter. I think someone is trying to make the sheep look bad.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sora"][QUOTE="jessesalinas"][QUOTE="-Sora"][QUOTE="kansasdude2009"]

jessesalinas

Echoes - 9.1

halo 2 - 9.4

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/metroidprime2/index.html?q=metroid%20prime&tag=result;title;2

A mere .3 isn't much. I believe they will make the multiplayer alot better than they did in other one.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

jessesalinas
MP2's score deserved to be in the 7's. One of the most dissapointing games I have played.
Avatar image for duble_Needler23
duble_Needler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 duble_Needler23
Member since 2004 • 5200 Posts

Halo 3 will have better graphics than Metroid Prime 3. It's multiplayer will be much better as well. It's kind of hard to compare because one uses beams and the other uses guns.r_h_i_e

I mean...yea I guess.  Bungie still has time to polish Halo 3 up.  But if your talking current Beta...compared to what

we last saw of MP3...i'd say MP3 looked better.  Maybe it's just the art style i like or something...but H3 will look

better in the end no doubt.Â