Metal Gear Solid 4 on Xbox 360

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nogginkl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nogginkl
Member since 2004 • 345 Posts
There have been plenty of rumors about MS4 on the 360. Despite repeated denials by Kojima, the rumors keep on coming. Could the rumor be true? Will MS4 ever come to the 360? Well, look at this video and decide for yourself. http://www.vimeo.com/767735
u8muhrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 u8muhrice
Member since 2004 • 1453 Posts
wasnt this thread locked not too long ago?
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

rofl

too true

I do think however it could handle the graphics...the disk space would be a huge problem...and probably would stop any (I doubt they would ever even consider it after substance) attempt at a port.

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

wasnt this thread locked not too long ago?u8muhrice

yep and its gonna get it again i dont know why because its really funny actually.

Sihanouk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sihanouk
Member since 2008 • 601 Posts

[QUOTE="u8muhrice"]wasnt this thread locked not too long ago?XturnalS

yep and its gonna get it again i dont know why because its really funny actually.

It shouldn't be locked. He made a valid argument that MS4 will not be on the 360 because of disk space issues.

Stunna3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Stunna3000
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I dont understand why its so hard for people to understand that disk size is not an issue. 360 already has multi disk games....
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

There have been plenty of rumors about MS4 on the 360. Despite repeated denials by Kojima, the rumors keep on coming. Could the rumor be true? Will MS4 ever come to the 360? Well, look at this video and decide for yourself. http://www.vimeo.com/767735nogginkl

These "Rumors" aren't rumors at all, but fanboy's pining.

Furthermore, it's been denied by Konami, and Kojima. Whether it comes out is mute, the fact is officially it's been DENIED over and over.

Antikyth3ra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Antikyth3ra
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts

The graphics are not mind blowing.. Nothing compressed. Multiple languages. Would work on 2 DVD9 disks.

All true MGS fans should be used to 2 disks and im sure none of them had a problem with it.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

MGS4 has horrible textures so it can fit into DVD....also 99% of MGS4 is just cutscenes so thats why it takes all boo-ray....if it was compressed, it would easily fit in a dvd

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 p2rus
Member since 2005 • 2859 Posts

MGS4 has horrible textures so it can fit into DVD....also 99% of MGS4 is just cutscenes so thats why it takes all boo-ray....if it was compressed, it would easily fit in a dvd

mingo123

mgs cutscenes arent cgi theyre in game.

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

The graphics are not mind blowing.. Nothing compressed. Multiple languages. Would work on 2 DVD9 disks.

All true MGS fans should be used to 2 disks and im sure none of them had a problem with it.

Antikyth3ra

Would work on 2 dvd 9 discs? Um.. the uncompressed audio is more than 20+ gigs itself. Thats 3 dvd 9's right there.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"]

p2rus

so whats taking up all the space? cant be those 1kb textures.....so i guess most of blu-ray space is taken up by character models?

bkslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bkslayer
Member since 2003 • 367 Posts

Antikyth3ra

You must be 10. Even a 50GB Blu-ray isnt enough for MGS4, which is why Kojima has to compress some parts of the game.

WildTurkey00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WildTurkey00
Member since 2005 • 4067 Posts
[QUOTE="p2rus"][QUOTE="mingo123"]

mingo123

so whats taking up all the space? cant be those 1kb textures.....so i guess most of blu-ray space is taken up by character models?

It mostly the high quality audio.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
Who cares what it comes out on, that's why we own multiple systems.
p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 p2rus

mingo123

1 kb textures...no i dont think we're talking about big rigs here or orange box on the consoles...im sorry you lost me there.

maybe it was the fanboy part of it, cause i dont speak fanboy.

seriously could we get a translator?

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 p2rus
[QUOTE="Antikyth3ra"]

bkslayer

You must be 10. Even a 50GB Blu-ray isnt enough for MGS4, which is why Kojima has to compress some parts of the game.

did you hear, kojima said that there was no space in the unvierse big enough for what he wanted in mgs4.

stephant_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 stephant_6
Member since 2005 • 1758 Posts

yep

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="nogginkl"]There have been plenty of rumors about MS4 on the 360. Despite repeated denials by Kojima, the rumors keep on coming. Could the rumor be true? Will MS4 ever come to the 360? Well, look at this video and decide for yourself. http://www.vimeo.com/767735SolidTy

These "Rumors" aren't rumors at all, but fanboy's pining.

Furthermore, it's been denied by Konami, and Kojima. Whether it comes out is mute, the fact is officially it's been DENIED over and over.

Ya, but remember "RE4 will never leave Gamecube. I'll cut my head off if it's ported!".

There's always a chance :D

bkslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bkslayer

mingo123

What bad textures do you keep talking about? Have you seen the game lately, or are you basing ur opinion on E3 2006 videos?

PLus, its tha audio thats taking up all the space.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="p2rus"][QUOTE="mingo123"]

bkslayer

What bad textures do you keep talking about? Have you seen the game lately, or are you basing ur opinion on E3 2006 videos?

the textures in the game are still crap

niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 niall077
Member since 2006 • 1729 Posts

wait... so MGS is about the graphics?

isnt that like playing Super Mario for the story?

bkslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bkslayer
[QUOTE="bkslayer"][QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="p2rus"][QUOTE="mingo123"]

mingo123

Show me where the textures are crap. Then show me a game where the textures are far more amazing. I would LOVE to see your examples. Lots of evidence lies here in Gamespot, so you dont have to go far.

Antikyth3ra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Antikyth3ra
[QUOTE="Antikyth3ra"]

bkslayer

Lol You know very little for being alive in the digital age. Compression can go a very long way. Depending on the type of data you are compressing you can get up to 80% compression. Kojima is a game designer he is not a programmer nor a tech savvy person. He tells people to do things and they do them. He cares too much for his precious 7.1 Sorround sound when 2.1 is what majority of the population have. Hell most people still dont have HDTVs. Metal Gear Solid 4 would not I will say this again WILL NOT have a problem coming to the x360 if it were to see fit.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="bkslayer"][QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="p2rus"][QUOTE="mingo123"]

bkslayer

Show me where the textures are crap. Then show me a game where the textures are far more amazing. I would LOVE to see your examples. Lots of evidence lies here in Gamespot, so you dont have to go far.

Antikyth3ra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Antikyth3ra

^^ Win..

Boxs look horrible. Ground is 2d with blocky textures. Model has almost no texture.

stephant_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 stephant_6
Member since 2005 • 1758 Posts
The textures on the crate are crap,the Snake model is amazing and the ground/wall tectures are fine.
bkslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bkslayer
[QUOTE="bkslayer"][QUOTE="Antikyth3ra"]

Antikyth3ra

Lol You know very little for being alive in the digital age. Compression can go a very long way. Depending on the type of data you are compressing you can get up to 80% compression. Kojima is a game designer he is not a programmer nor a tech savvy person. He tells people to do things and they do them. He cares too much for his precious 7.1 Sorround sound when 2.1 is what majority of the population have. Hell most people still dont have HDTVs. Metal Gear Solid 4 would not I will say this again WILL NOT have a problem coming to the x360 if it were to see fit.

I know very much for the digital age. And i know all you are talking about. I never said it wasn't possible, Im saying Kojima will not allow it. He takes his games as art, and hates compressing anything. He always wants the best quality out of his games, audio ESPECIALLY. So what the majority right now still only have 2 channels, or a SDTV. Playing the game years from now will hold up to its quality. Try replaying MGS1, you'll see what i mean.

And Kojima is a programmer in many ways you dont know.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mingo123
[QUOTE="Antikyth3ra"][QUOTE="bkslayer"][QUOTE="Antikyth3ra"]

bkslayer

I know very much for the digital age. And i know all you are talking about. I never said it wasn't possible, Im saying Kojima will not allow it. He takes his games as art, and hates compressing anything. He always wants the best quality out of his games, audio ESPECIALLY. So what the majority right now still only have 2 channels, or a SDTV. Playing the game years from now will hold up to its quality. Try replaying MGS1, you'll see what i mean.

so since blu-ray is not enough for him why did he make mgs4 for ps3 then :P

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 p2rus
[QUOTE="bkslayer"][QUOTE="Antikyth3ra"][QUOTE="bkslayer"][QUOTE="Antikyth3ra"]

mingo123

ask him...maybe because it has more space than dvd...hmm na that couldnt be it.

bkslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bkslayer
[QUOTE="bkslayer"][QUOTE="Antikyth3ra"][QUOTE="bkslayer"][QUOTE="Antikyth3ra"]

mingo123

You tell me another console that can provide the most space he needs? Not like he knew what the size of the game would be until very recently, obviously.

And you forgot to get a screenshot from another game!

niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 niall077

fine Ill use ny fanboy talk so maybe people will pay attention.

maybe if MGS4 runs at 30 fps and 600p resolutin then maybe it will be on teh 360.

Heydanbud92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heydanbud92
Member since 2007 • 4464 Posts
rofflopogus
Antikyth3ra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Antikyth3ra
Kojima is a nut. He can't tell art from ass. He bases art on 20 gbs of audio like its the war to end all wars. People play MGS because of snakes story. Hell i could play every MGS game even if the gameplay sucked because the story is that damn good. Hell MGS3 was had to play with the intense loading times and the 20 second Camo changes but the story was awesome. I hated playing as Raiden (Prissy son of a ****) but I kept doing it because i wanted to hear the story and play a snake again which i never did and was pissed.
james28893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 james28893
Member since 2007 • 3252 Posts

There was me thinking that a dual layer blu-ray disk was only five times larger than a DVD9.

Antikyth3ra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Antikyth3ra

fine Ill use ny fanboy talk so maybe people will pay attention.

maybe if MGS4 runs at 30 fps and 600p resolutin then maybe it will be on teh 360.

niall077

Hell it probably already is running at 600p LOOK AT THOSE TEXTURES!!! ROFL ROFL

Heydanbud92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Heydanbud92
i hope it does go 360, so it sells more copies.
Antikyth3ra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Antikyth3ra

mingo123

Dumb question.. Its because hes Japanese..

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="bkslayer"][QUOTE="Antikyth3ra"][QUOTE="bkslayer"][QUOTE="Antikyth3ra"]

bkslayer

You tell me another console that can provide the most space he needs? Not like he knew what the size of the game would be until very recently, obviously.

And you forgot to get a screenshot from another game!

pdz hehe

niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 niall077

i hope it does go 360, so it sells more copies.Heydanbud92

because deep story japaness games ALWAYS sell on the 360

.. wait a min. :/

karram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 karram
Member since 2006 • 1682 Posts
Wasn't funny.
niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 niall077

it could be worse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTkbvZpsOfA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDUkgxNkCBk :)

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#43 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
i suppose the rumor wont die because if ms makes a deal with konami then it doesn't matter what kojima thinks
Antikyth3ra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Antikyth3ra

it could be worse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTkbvZpsOfA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDUkgxNkCBk :)

niall077

Umm Both Unreal Engine flaws.

Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts
wow that is just so hilarious and original :|
colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 colmusterd28
Member since 2006 • 2854 Posts
enjoy your tired old overhyped movie crapfest...
Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Albanian_Killa
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts
Oh man that's hilarious :D I love the Axe advertisement lol
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts

colmusterd28

You mean the same game that you openly admit to wanting to come to 360. So much so you said you even check system wars daily in the hope that its announced for 360.

Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Albanian_Killa
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

colmusterd28

I will :)

Enjoy your crap ass console that craps out on you every second. See how easy that is? I can do it for anything such as Halo 3, but I won't.

If MGS4 is overhyped, then Halo 3 is massively overhyped. MGS4 actually does something to make it loved by so many gamers. You don't love games, oh well, then you shouldn't be here.

Heydanbud92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Heydanbud92

[QUOTE="Heydanbud92"]i hope it does go 360, so it sells more copies.niall077

because deep story japaness games ALWAYS sell on the 360

.. wait a min. :/

lost odessey is doing well...