Metal Gear Solid 4 is much more realistic then Halo, Gears and anything on 360

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

Just like the machines itself the ps3 looks very aesethically pleasing to the eye.

Solid snake looks like a realistic soldier, masterchief looks totally unreaiistic nobody in the army looks like him, and the steroidized freaks in gears ARE NOTHING like real soldiers like SOLID snake

SOLID snake looks like a normal white person who is a regular tough white guy he looks very pleasing to the eyes the graphics all look very crisp and precise

i hate all the jaggies in gears an dhalo they dont even make sense why even put jaggies in ur games?

people like konami know how to make graphics look fantastic they know how to iron out jaggies an make everythig look perfect why cant american dev's do this for once? LOOK at FF13 versus compared to mass effect again american dev's aren't doing anything to make there games look good and totally unreailsitic.

I wish konami and square would come tot he usa an show some ppl how to make graphics look good and main character sthat look cool i mean just look at the guy in ff13 versus he just looks perfectly sweet c ompared to the beefed up jaggies in halo an gears i cant even stand there looks they dont look pretty at all

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
oh dear you need a flame shield
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
So because Snake looks more realistic means its a better looking game visually....... oookay.
vdastampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 vdastampede
Member since 2003 • 807 Posts

Just like the machines itself the ps3 looks very aesethically pleasing to the eye.

Solid snake looks like a realistic soldier, masterchief looks totally unreaiistic nobody in the army looks like him, and the steroidized freaks in gears ARE NOTHING like real soldiers like SOLID snake

SOLID snake looks like a normal white person who is a regular tough white guy he looks very pleasing to the eyes the graphics all look very crisp and precise

i hate all the jaggies in gears an dhalo they dont even make sense why even put jaggies in ur games?

people like konami know how to make graphics look fantastic they know how to iron out jaggies an make everythig look perfect why cant american dev's do this for once? LOOK at FF13 versus compared to mass effect again american dev's aren't doing anything to make there games look good and totally unreailsitic.

I wish konami and square would come tot he usa an show some ppl how to make graphics look good and main character sthat look cool i mean just look at the guy in ff13 versus he just looks perfectly sweet c ompared to the beefed up jaggies in halo an gears i cant even stand there looks they dont look pretty at all

ProtossX

I really hope that this isn't an argument that everything on the 360 is terrible compared to MGS4 because of the realism.

StreetRacer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 StreetRacer91
Member since 2003 • 622 Posts

Have you ever even played a Metal Gear Solid game? All MGS games are far from realistic. How many of you guys anticipating MGS4 have played a MGS game? It's easily the least realistic of all those games you mentioned.

jackvegas21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jackvegas21
Member since 2007 • 3157 Posts

ProtossX

Didn't understand much of that or why Snake's race is relevant to anything, but nice read regardless.

Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts
Uhh, WTF are you talking about?
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
As much as I agree with you, There is a sticky meant for any kind of discussion regarding mgs4.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts
Wow you are back, SW is gonna be more exciting from now on.
Avatar image for GearsOfWarLover
GearsOfWarLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 GearsOfWarLover
Member since 2006 • 637 Posts

As much as I agree with you, There is a sticky meant for any kind of discussion regarding mgs4. AgentA-Mi6

yea these threads need to end

Abstract_Choas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Abstract_Choas
Member since 2008 • 466 Posts
Halo and Gears were not designed around a 'realistic' concept. MGS is suppose to be at least semi realistic.
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
Quite frankly MGS was never a hardcore espionage game. Splinter Cell has always been better on that front not to mention Theif, you could basically play MGS without even using stealth.

PS. Regarding your thread, let me know when you see some half human cybernetic robot t-rex with human legs and a gundan upper half. /Talk about realism.
senses_blank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 senses_blank
Member since 2008 • 532 Posts

HEY!!!!!! IDC!!!!!!!!!

nobody does

this is not going to make 360 owners go like "Hey this kid is right...im going to go burn my 360 and all the games and go buy a ps3 w. MGS4 right now!!!"

its a dumb loosing battle

no1 wins system wars..some1 will always like one system over another and thats just the cycle of life..deal with it

yakk_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yakk_3
Member since 2005 • 1442 Posts
oh dear you need a flame shieldkyacat
Spell check would help too.
hello12367890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hello12367890
Member since 2005 • 977 Posts
wow all this time i thought halo and gears were suppose to be realistic.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
Its sweet how young kids with learning problems enjoy making new accounts to make fakeboy threads on SW :)
beinss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 beinss
Member since 2004 • 1838 Posts

So because Snake looks more realistic means its a better looking game visually....... oookay.skrat_01

well... it is. Snake isnt some android like master cheif or some humpedback ex convict like Marcus Fenix. Hes a real soldier. While that doesnt mean much since its all fantasy it just shows that the character himself isnt exactly part of what sold the game originally. It was the game itself.

for example, you hear about a game with an android/bionic/maybe real person as the main character who is trying to stop aliens from distroing the world, ofcourse your going to be interested just based off that. (if you go for that sort of character). In gears you hear about a super great soldier who was convicted for something and then was released from prison to fight aliens that threaten to take over the world. Dont you think thats interesting? Now imagine if we just said a soldier instead of those elaborate character backgrounds. Less appealing right?

Snake isnt some ex convict released from prison to save the world against aliens as a last hope. Snake is just a soldier. A really good one with a cardboard box. Fighting a crazy man.

I dont know, you cant say either is better. But u can say that of the three Snake is the most logically real character. Marcus Fenix comes to a close 2nd.

Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
Why post trash :(
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
:lol: this guy can't be serious.
-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -GhostMLD-
Member since 2008 • 3282 Posts

lol biased much?

From what I hear, the bosses in MGS4 are pretty "out-there"

DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts
so TC, your attracted to tough white men?
Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts
I rather not look at an old creepy realistic man wearing realistic rubber suits :|
inzombiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 inzombiak
Member since 2007 • 229 Posts

why didint you just go "I IZ PLAYSTATION FANBOY"

same effect

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]So because Snake looks more realistic means its a better looking game visually....... oookay.beinss

well... it is. Snake isnt some android like master cheif or some humpedback ex convict like Marcus Fenix. Hes a real soldier. While that doesnt mean much since its all fantasy it just shows that the character himself isnt exactly part of what sold the game originally. It was the game itself.

for example, you hear about a game with an android/bionic/maybe real person as the main character who is trying to stop aliens from distroing the world, ofcourse your going to be interested just based off that. (if you go for that sort of character). In gears you hear about a super great soldier who was convicted for something and then was released from prison to fight aliens that threaten to take over the world. Dont you think thats interesting? Now imagine if we just said a soldier instead of those elaborate character backgrounds. Less appealing right?

Snake isnt some ex convict released from prison to save the world against aliens as a last hope. Snake is just a soldier. A really good one with a cardboard box. Fighting a crazy man.

I dont know, you cant say either is better. But u can say that of the three Snake is the most logically real character. Marcus Fenix comes to a close 2nd.

Did you ever consider Halo and Gears of Wars art styles were purposely done, as were the characters?.....

Those games arent about the characters like Metal Gear Solid is, nor are they as heavily narrative driven as MGS is - so having such characters is simply unnecessary.

Yes MGS sports far better characters and a much better story, but that doesn't automatically make it a better game....

-this all coming from an MGS fan.

*note* None of the characters are realistic at all..... In any of these listed games.... Its one reason why we find them so appealing, because they are so different and interesting.

BillGreen68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BillGreen68
Member since 2004 • 12361 Posts
Yes, MGS the most realistic video game ever. Hiding in magical boxes and taking out guards with barrels is a nice touch. Lol, and Snake looks as plastic as any other video game.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AAllxxjjnn

lol biased much?

-GhostMLD-

I can confirm this. Fatman on roller skates, Bisexual vampire, cyborg ninja, some dude who shoots bee's out of his mouth, etc etc

Avatar image for GearsOfWarLover
GearsOfWarLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GearsOfWarLover
Member since 2006 • 637 Posts
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

lol biased much?

AAllxxjjnn

I can confirm this. Fatman on roller skates, Bisexual vampire, cyborg ninja, some dude who shoots bee's out of his mouth, etc etc

yea and in the middle of a battle some guy comes and grabs your crotch.

Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts
Is this protossrushX or just some lame impersonator? Either way R:lol:FL
jackvegas21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jackvegas21
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

lol biased much?

AAllxxjjnn

Yeah they've always been basket cases. What are they gonna do in 4, get Gary Busey or John Waters or something? Those guys would be cool bosses.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

Wow you are back, SW is gonna be more exciting from now on.HAZE-Unit

God I swear do you really have to beat a person down to stop them from coming back with an ALT account after they get banned :|

swamprat_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 swamprat_basic
Member since 2002 • 9145 Posts

Using "Metal Gear Solid" and "realistic" in the same sentence...talk about a paradox.

loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 loudharley
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts
Yet another superman vs. mighty mouse thread.Yes,metal gear 4 is a great looking game but so are the others u mensioned.Its just different art and design directions.None of these games are realistic.If they were they wouldnt have aleans,mutants and giant robots in them.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AAllxxjjnn
[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

lol biased much?

jackvegas21

Yeah they've always been basket cases. What are they gonna do in 4, get Gary Busey or John Waters or something? Those guys would be cool bosses.

I was thinking John Goodman

jackvegas21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jackvegas21
[QUOTE="jackvegas21"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

lol biased much?

AAllxxjjnn

I was thinking John Goodman

Yeah as Fred Flinstone. Have him drive around using the ole feet wagon and try to run Snake over. Would produce epicness of massive proportions.

Yodas_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Yodas_Boy
Member since 2007 • 857 Posts

ProtossX

lol in rl. Fanboy posts for the win.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
so your saying your sexually attracted to snake?
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]Wow you are back, SW is gonna be more exciting from now on.Blackbond

God I swear do you really have to beat a person down to stop them from coming back with an ALT account after they get banned :|

OMG HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: BlackBond You are the man, these guys are hilarious.

"wow wow wow...Wait don't hit him...because Im gonna jump and hit him with my Elbow" :lol: :lol:

Avatar image for CrimsonBlade360
CrimsonBlade360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CrimsonBlade360
Member since 2007 • 588 Posts

Ya an old man with lung cancer doing secret agent missions against giagantic robots is very realistic.

Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts

SOLID snake looks like a normal white person who is a regular tough white guy he looks very pleasing to the eyes

ProtossX
Lulz.
Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 Sooshy
Member since 2007 • 1723 Posts

If you say so.

But there better not be any bisexual vampires that dance around bullets in this one, or your post is dead wrong!

Veterngamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Veterngamer
Member since 2007 • 2037 Posts

ProtossX

I read this over and over.... trying to figure out your reasoning....

..... then all of a sudden it hit me..... TODAY IS BACKWARDS DAY!

mdisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mdisen
Member since 2004 • 804 Posts
MGS gameplay is still stupid, and the story is still as silly as it sounds.
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
Oh my god. This is as bad as PS John. That's how high of a calibur of ownage this thread is. I'm sure the developers said, let's put jaggies in our game for the lulz. : |
user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts
Is this the same MGS that has giant robots?
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
Realistic ?? Come on, you could'a thought of same better term.
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
[QUOTE="ProtossX"]

Veterngamer

I read this over and over.... trying to figure out your reasoning....

..... then all of a sudden it hit me..... TODAY IS BACKWARDS DAY!

Yiour totaly wrong
GAME__OVER__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GAME__OVER__
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts
CoD4?
metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#50 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts

ProtossX

Now im a fan of FF13 but your comparing a FF 13 FMV to ingame gears of War? lets have fair comparasins please. And also the gears of war chracters are cool imo, how do you know what people will look like in the future? Maybe they eat something then that makes them beef like that to make them better soldiers against the locust horde? cause maybe they need to go for several days not stop like GoW 1?

And yeah, do you remember FF12 (I liekd it btw) but that had heaps amount of jaggies... im yet to see much moving ingame FF13 VS footage