metal gear ground zero exclusive ?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zatorys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 zatorys
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

so is it exclusive for ps3 ?

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

no i read it was multiplat

this is the part where the cows come in and cry and call it crap cause it isn't exclusive

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

its still going to be a movie either way the footage they released was a cutscene ffs i want to see gameplay.

zatorys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 zatorys
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts
Nice i really want to play it on my pc
free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

If it isnt a movie and i can actually see some gameplay then it better be on wii u best use of hardware.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

Its exclusive to all the systems but Wii and Wii U :P at least so far.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

the end of the trailer very clearly shows PS3 and Xbox 360 logos, so it's definitely on both of those. There's a bunch of speculation that it may be PC too, because Kojima said the demo at PAX was running on a PC with "PS3 specs" (which could easily just mean a PS3 devkit), but I don't think that option is completely out of the picture. Also, because the new FOX engine has been said to be scalable to "current and next-gen hardware" (and designed to be optimized for all platforms, including PC), combined with widespread assumption that the graphics in the PAX demo can't be achieved on current gen hardware, there is also speculation that it will appear on next gen consoles as well, and that the footage shown at PAX is what it will look like on those consoles, and/or a high end PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Says PS360 at the end of the trailer but no PC yet unfortunately. Which I hope it does come to PC, game seems to have tech to burn and after all it was running on a PC in the demo.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Says PS360 at the end of the trailer but no PC yet unfortunately. Which I hope it does come to PC, game seems to have tech to burn and after all it was running on a PC in the demo.

seanmcloughlin

what i dont get is that game was running on the pc with real time graphics(not sure if im using the term correctly) but specs similar to of the sub hd twins.is that even possible?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

TheShadowLord07

what i dont get is that game was running on the pc with real time graphics(not sure if im using the term correctly) but specs similar to of the sub hd twins.is that even possible?

They just ran it to show what they hope to get it looking like on consoles. It won't look as good as that demo we saw on consoles, it will have a low framerate and won't be even close to that clear. I hope it is on PC because otherwise why not just show it running on the consoles rather than doing it this way. It would just be one big bullshot trailer then

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
No And why should it be?
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

TheShadowLord07

I'm sure it's totally possible. Kojima said it was running on a PC with similar specs to a PS3 (which could have just meant a PS3 devkit, which would make sense; lots of games are demoed that way while in earlier development stages). And Kojima and his team have a knack for pulling out power from consoles that no one expected. Remember MGS3 on the PS2? Looks better than a lot of earlier PS3 and 360 games. And he said that demo is close to what it will look like on PS3 and 360. I would imagine that they may have bumped the resolution for that demo, though, just because it was on a huge demo screen at the show, and something that was only 720-1080p(ish) stretched onto that space wouldn't look that crisp. I would expect the PS3 and 360 versions of the game to pretty much look like that, in a lower resolution. I could be wrong though. Maybe they'll look that good. Maybe they will, but it will show how much the hardware is being pushed, by having graphical glitches, texture pop-in, and/or unstable framerate. Or maybe all the wild speculation is true, and it will be a cross-generation release that non only sees a PC version, but also a version on the next gen consoles, and only the new consoles and/or high end PC will see those graphics.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Nope. It's coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 but no PC due to the logos at the end of the video.

This got me thinking how the hell can consoles render that game?

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

They just ran it to show what they hope to get it looking like on consoles. It won't look as good as that demo we saw on consoles, it will have a low framerate and won't be even close to that clear. I hope it is on PC because otherwise why not just show it running on the consoles rather than doing it this way. It would just be one big bullshot trailer then

yea so do i. the last mgs was 2 and that was a long time ago. it would be nice to see gz (and maybe the mgs collection) on the pc too. i hope we get some solid confirmation soon from konami or hideo soon.and if there is a pc version, it will be a day 1 for me.(even though im not a big metal gear fan)

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
doubt it..
Cpt_Amurrica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cpt_Amurrica
Member since 2012 • 29 Posts
There was gameplay...
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
Probably only for the PS3 because the PS3 BRay......like MGS4.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Nope. The only MGS exclusive left is MGS4.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
Why do people keep asking that question? it said PS3 and 360 at the end of the Trailer
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

this is the part where the cows come in and cry and call it crap cause it isn't exclusive

almasdeathchild

and now look at the hermits and lemmings saying that it's a great series and that the game will be amazing after calling it an interactive movie and bashing the series for years. Double standards much?

You see it goes both ways.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

its still going to be a movie either way the footage they released was a cutscene ffs i want to see gameplay.

free_milk

Here is a gamesplay footage from Ground Zeroes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6aPYdmf6iUl

spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 spiderluck
Member since 2012 • 2405 Posts

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

Gue1

and now look at the hermits and lemmings saying that it's a great series and that the game will be amazing after calling it an interactive movie and bashing the series for years. Double standards much?

Will probably look better on 360 than ps3 and ps3 fanboys will blame lazy devs
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

almasdeathchild
how long before a petition starts? :lol:
Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 todd2r_Partdeux
Member since 2012 • 762 Posts
I don't agree with the way Kojima and Konami do things sometimes, but taking Metal Gear multiplat is the best thing they could have done for the franchise. The days of Metal Gear being exclusive to the Playstation is over. All Metal Gears from here on out will be multiplat. Sony has dropped the ball this gen and Kojima and Konami recognize that. Theres really no positives to sticking with the Playstation platform anymore. It's slowly dying and Kojima and Konami know it.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Kashiwaba

Its not kiddy enough for Wii and WiiU fans :)

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mems_1224

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

finalstar2007

says the kid who only hypes CoD and anime games :|
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
Kojima seems to stress that fox engine has been designed with multiple platforms in mind at every corner, so....
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
Kojima seems to stress that fox engine has been designed with multiple platforms in mind at every corner, so....

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

Gue1

Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid has been on platforms outside of playstation. If that was their opinion then, why would it change now?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#29 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

I hope they're not aiming for that.D=

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#30 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

As far as I know it is a multiplat. But it might not be as technical as MGS4 was because that was too advanced for the 360 to handle, so they will have to tone it down some to make it work on 360.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-59b71619573a1

As far as I know it is a multiplat. But it might not be as technical as MGS4 was because that was too advanced for the 360 to handle, so they will have to tone it down some to make it work on 360.

ShadowMoses900

Even at pure face value the tech in Ground Zeros is above and beyond anything MGS4 did. It's far superior than the graphical horsepower that powered MGS4. Any idiot knows that. From textures to lighting effects to character detail and animations to particle effects. They are all far far greater in that new trailer.

IF it ends up looking like that, that is. If the PS3 was so powerful then why was it shown on a PC instead of the PS3? because not even the PS3 can handle it exactly the way it was shown. I know you're trying to keep up this act but you come off as just stupid most times.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts

ShadowMoses900
The demo shown absolutely destroyed anything that MGS4's engine was capable of. And it's multiplat. Stop with your ignorant delusions already.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nengo_Flow

ShadowMoses900
shut the f*ck up
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nengo_Flow
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

AcidSoldner
The demo shown absolutely destroyed anything that MGS4's engine was capable of. And it's multiplat. Stop with your ignorant delusions already.

I agree and MSG4 is my game of the Gen
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

seanmcloughlin

Even at pure face value the tech in Ground Zeros is above and beyond anything MGS4 did. It's far superior than the graphical horsepower that powered MGS4. Any idiot knows that. From textures to lighting effects to character detail and animations to particle effects. They are all far far greater in that new trailer.

IF it ends up looking like that, that is. If the PS3 was so powerful then why was it shown on a PC instead of the PS3? because not even the PS3 can handle it exactly the way it was shown. I know you're trying to keep up this act but you come off as just stupid most times.

"Most" is a huge understatement!

He doesn't come off as stupid, he is stupid all the time! :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Rocker6

Well I didn't want to be totally mean :P

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Nothing mean about stating some simple facts :P

Saying "Shadowmoses is stupid" is same like saying "water is wet"! :D

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Rocker6

Nothing mean about stating some simple facts :P

Saying "Shadowmoses is stupid" is same like saying "water is wet"! :D

You PC fanboys are just mad that this game is coming for consoles and looks better than your PC games.

Like I said, you wasted all that money and time upgrading your PC for nothing.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

mems_1224

um arent you the guy who always hypes Halo 4?. if so then LOL for basing CoD when liking Halo

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

um arent you the guy who always hypes Halo 4?. if so then LOL for basing CoD when liking Halo

nothing wrong with halo 4, at least they aren't afraid to make changes to the franchises...cant say the same for CoD
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Of course it's not exclusive. You won't see any big budgeted console exclusives anymore, aside from those Microsoft or Sony paid for.

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
Nah, it is multiplatform.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

Halo is better then COD tho.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] says the kid who only hypes CoD and anime games :|locopatho

Prove it.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#46 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts
Nope,the MGS exclusivity days are pretty much over(not that most of them were exclusive anyway lol).
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mems_1224

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

ShadowMoses900

Prove it.

halo has master chief, cod hasn't. therefore its a fact that call of doody is inferior to halo in every conceivable way
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#48 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] says the kid who only hypes CoD and anime games :|locopatho

Yeah it takes more skill so that makes it better.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

mitu123

Yeah it takes more skill so that makes it better.

I just find it more wacky and fun, honestly!
Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

[QUOTE="free_milk"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

Here is a gamesplay footage from Ground Zeroes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6aPYdmf6iUl

My god looks nice a tad plastic looking but WTF is wrong with the camera, when it pans it never stays centred on him it slides about!