Mass Effect (Before & After) (56K)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts

Now I'm sure Bioware will be quick to release some more of those touched up promotional screens to silence the doubters, but lets compare new with old.

OLD

NEW!

nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
Huzzah. Happens with every game. Always has, always will.
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts
If this game were released on the PS3 would u still have made this thread?
Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Raidea
Member since 2006 • 4366 Posts

Now I'm sure Bioware will be quick to release some more of those touched up promotional screens to silence the doubters, but lets compare new with old.KeyWii

No one is listening to your rediculous opinion in the other thread, so you decide to make a new one?

Sad. 

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KeyWii
If this game were released on the PS3 would u still have made this thread?mmogoon
I think the game received a slight upgrade in certain areas.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts
Dude can you zoom in some more please? LOL
afdevil24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 afdevil24
Member since 2006 • 1590 Posts
Lemmings aren't that much of graphics whores because we're all still amazed by ME and we're all still going to buy it. /thread
CalmityDaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CalmityDaunt
Member since 2006 • 296 Posts
lol, why did i know this was coming.
Resident_Fan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Resident_Fan_
Member since 2004 • 591 Posts
Chris Priestly Community Coordinator I know this is how you feel, but boy this sort of comment just burns my onion. The game, graphics, sound, whatever has not been "dumbed down". You don't know Mass Effect yet because it isn't done yet. The screenshots you see are actual, in game footage screenshots. This means that if the build that they were taken in doesn't have optimization (which very little does atm) or correct texture renders (same thing) then things don't look great yet. Certainly not how they will look by the time the game is shipped. Either we can release no new images and screenshots (which you all clamor for and want more of), or we can release them like this and we get "Wow, you guys really dumbed down the game". Maybe instead of making up your mind about how "dumbed down" the game has been, you should try to keep an open mind until the game is done? Just a thought. Now that that is out of the way, any other questions? http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=556573&forum=104&sp=15 TC Owned
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
before and after WHAT... the game isn't out yet..
-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts

Ok now thats bad! Thats massive downgrade. Im really really dissapointed with this. Hope they fixed the framerate but i dont know if it matters anymore =(
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

[QUOTE="KeyWii"]Now I'm sure Bioware will be quick to release some more of those touched up promotional screens to silence the doubters, but lets compare new with old.Raidea

No one is listening to your rediculous opinion in the other thread, so you decide to make a new one?

Sad.

In the other thread, you mean people listen period? 

ninjiijitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ninjiijitsu
Member since 2007 • 670 Posts
Meh..i'm still looking forward to it. I don't care about the downgrade; though, i'm a bit disappointed.
Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tamarind_Face
Member since 2007 • 2270 Posts

Downgrade Complete: Initializing damage control...

"way too choose the bad screenshots:roll:"

scooter681

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 scooter681
Member since 2005 • 249 Posts
How did this happen.  I thouht this gae uses the unreal engine 3, there is no way the final product can look thatr bad and still sell well/be a good game.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

What's the point of this thread?  I really don't care about Mass Effect since I don't yet have a 360 and can't afford one right now.  BUT I think all those pics look equally good.

If you are trying to say that the game is improving graphics, I say no...it has and does look good.

If you are saying that the latest pics are touched up for promotional purposes, I say no...they look just as good as early shots.

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
[QUOTE="mmogoon"]If this game were released on the PS3 would u still have made this thread?KeyWii

Why even start another thread? You even posted in the one already made. Why your at it why not make another 360 elite thread cause not enough of them either. Man why does some people feel so cool cause they can start a thread even though threads on same topic are there already
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KeyWii
BTW the screens I posted are real gameplay screens, if someone posts something like this...  .. And claims it's gameplay, appeal to your better senses and realize it's not.
SuperMouse1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SuperMouse1986
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts
I can see why it fit on one dvd. :lol:
pcmxms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pcmxms
Member since 2003 • 1596 Posts
TEH DOWNGRADNESS SHOWDOWN!!!!!!111111111111111
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KeyWii
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="mmogoon"]If this game were released on the PS3 would u still have made this thread?rybe1025

Why even start another thread? You even posted in the one already made. Why your at it why not make another 360 elite thread cause not enough of them either. Man why does some people feel so cool cause they can start a thread even though threads on same topic are there already

This thread is comparing old and new gameplay shots, not New Gameplay shots compared to Old touched up promotional shots.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#23 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25495839

Thread over. This thread destroys any potential arguments.

Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tamarind_Face
Member since 2007 • 2270 Posts

Chris Priestly Community Coordinator I know this is how you feel, but boy this sort of comment just burns my onion. The game, graphics, sound, whatever has not been "dumbed down". You don't know Mass Effect yet because it isn't done yet. The screenshots you see are actual, in game footage screenshots. This means that if the build that they were taken in doesn't have optimization (which very little does atm) or correct texture renders (same thing) then things don't look great yet. Certainly not how they will look by the time the game is shipped. Either we can release no new images and screenshots (which you all clamor for and want more of), or we can release them like this and we get "Wow, you guys really dumbed down the game". Maybe instead of making up your mind about how "dumbed down" the game has been, you should try to keep an open mind until the game is done? Just a thought. Now that that is out of the way, any other questions? http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=556573&forum=104&sp=15 TC OwnedResident_Fan_
that guy seems to say that it was really dumbed down, but people should wait for the end results, maybe oh maybe the game will be great even though the graphics sucks.

TC not owned... 

nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nyoroism
BTW the screens I posted are real gameplay screens, if someone posts something like this...  .. And claims it's gameplay, appeal to your better senses and realize it's not.KeyWii
Who knows. I'm going to believe that the good-looking ones aren't gameplay, though it really is a "who knows" situation. Some aspects of gameplay could have graphics like that. Though I doubt they will, I'm holding the benefit of the doubt. Really the only thing that made me even half-heartedly interested in this game was the graphics, now I see it as a regular RPG.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
[QUOTE="Resident_Fan_"]Chris Priestly Community Coordinator I know this is how you feel, but boy this sort of comment just burns my onion. The game, graphics, sound, whatever has not been "dumbed down". You don't know Mass Effect yet because it isn't done yet. The screenshots you see are actual, in game footage screenshots. This means that if the build that they were taken in doesn't have optimization (which very little does atm) or correct texture renders (same thing) then things don't look great yet. Certainly not how they will look by the time the game is shipped. Either we can release no new images and screenshots (which you all clamor for and want more of), or we can release them like this and we get "Wow, you guys really dumbed down the game". Maybe instead of making up your mind about how "dumbed down" the game has been, you should try to keep an open mind until the game is done? Just a thought. Now that that is out of the way, any other questions? http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=556573&forum=104&sp=15 TC Owned

First Bungie,then the Forza devs,now the ME devs.The Xbox 360 sure has alot of damage control.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
You're right, all Bioware makes is flops anyway.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

[QUOTE="Resident_Fan_"]Chris Priestly Community Coordinator I know this is how you feel, but boy this sort of comment just burns my onion. The game, graphics, sound, whatever has not been "dumbed down". You don't know Mass Effect yet because it isn't done yet. The screenshots you see are actual, in game footage screenshots. This means that if the build that they were taken in doesn't have optimization (which very little does atm) or correct texture renders (same thing) then things don't look great yet. Certainly not how they will look by the time the game is shipped. Either we can release no new images and screenshots (which you all clamor for and want more of), or we can release them like this and we get "Wow, you guys really dumbed down the game". Maybe instead of making up your mind about how "dumbed down" the game has been, you should try to keep an open mind until the game is done? Just a thought. Now that that is out of the way, any other questions? http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=556573&forum=104&sp=15 TC OwnedTamarind_Face

that guy seems to say that it was really dumbed down, but people should wait for the end results, maybe oh maybe the game will be great even though the graphics sucks.

TC not owned... 

Can you read?
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

I have to admit it looks bad. I will be playing it regardless though. I very much doubt the final version to look like that in motion.

Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts
Graphics whores are a disgrace to the whole gaming community.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KeyWii
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]BTW the screens I posted are real gameplay screens, if someone posts something like this... .. And claims it's gameplay, appeal to your better senses and realize it's not.nyoroism
Who knows. I'm going to believe that the good-looking ones aren't gameplay, though it really is a "who knows" situation. Some aspects of gameplay could have graphics like that. Though I doubt they will, I'm holding the benefit of the doubt. Really the only thing that made me even half-heartedly interested in this game was the graphics, now I see it as a regular RPG.

Bioware isn't even known for having amazing graphics, I mean they're generally above average for RPGs, but look back at KOTOR on the Xbox, it got a 7 in graphics and it's graphics were also very much hyped. Jade Empire got an 8 in graphics. I'm expecting a similar rating in graphics for Mass Effect.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
[QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]

[QUOTE="Resident_Fan_"]Chris Priestly Community Coordinator I know this is how you feel, but boy this sort of comment just burns my onion. The game, graphics, sound, whatever has not been "dumbed down". You don't know Mass Effect yet because it isn't done yet. The screenshots you see are actual, in game footage screenshots. This means that if the build that they were taken in doesn't have optimization (which very little does atm) or correct texture renders (same thing) then things don't look great yet. Certainly not how they will look by the time the game is shipped. Either we can release no new images and screenshots (which you all clamor for and want more of), or we can release them like this and we get "Wow, you guys really dumbed down the game". Maybe instead of making up your mind about how "dumbed down" the game has been, you should try to keep an open mind until the game is done? Just a thought. Now that that is out of the way, any other questions? http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=556573&forum=104&sp=15 TC Ownedblue_hazy_basic

TC not owned... 

Can you read?

The only thing getting owned in this thread is the cow's english teachers since they are not able to read what bioware said.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 danneswegman
[QUOTE="rybe1025"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="mmogoon"]If this game were released on the PS3 would u still have made this thread?KeyWii

This thread is comparing old and new gameplay shots, not New Gameplay shots compared to Old touched up promotional shots.

how do you know they are not from the same build.... you don't. and why do you have two pictures of the two biggest *ssholes of the gaming industry. they irritate me.
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts
Even if they were still using the KOTOR graphics engine this would still be my most anticipated game this year but they are using the Unreal 3.0 engine and anyone who has played Gears of Wars knows it's potential.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]BTW the screens I posted are real gameplay screens, if someone posts something like this... .. And claims it's gameplay, appeal to your better senses and realize it's not.nyoroism

Excellent post,imo the graphics will look slightly better but nowhere near the ones they've shown before. The Xbox 360 is a powerful machine,but at the same time,it does have its limitations(Just like the Ps3)
Arsenal140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 Arsenal140
Member since 2006 • 725 Posts

[QUOTE="Resident_Fan_"]Chris Priestly Community Coordinator I know this is how you feel, but boy this sort of comment just burns my onion. The game, graphics, sound, whatever has not been "dumbed down". You don't know Mass Effect yet because it isn't done yet. The screenshots you see are actual, in game footage screenshots. This means that if the build that they were taken in doesn't have optimization (which very little does atm) or correct texture renders (same thing) then things don't look great yet. Certainly not how they will look by the time the game is shipped. Either we can release no new images and screenshots (which you all clamor for and want more of), or we can release them like this and we get "Wow, you guys really dumbed down the game". Maybe instead of making up your mind about how "dumbed down" the game has been, you should try to keep an open mind until the game is done? Just a thought. Now that that is out of the way, any other questions? http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=556573&forum=104&sp=15 TC OwnedDualshockin
First Bungie,then the Forza devs,now the ME devs.The Xbox 360 sure has alot of damage control.

hhmm because the PS3 has no damage control.....its not like they relesed a downgraded version into PAL regions or anything 

nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nyoroism
[QUOTE="nyoroism"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]BTW the screens I posted are real gameplay screens, if someone posts something like this... .. And claims it's gameplay, appeal to your better senses and realize it's not.KeyWii

Bioware isn't even known for having amazing graphics, I mean they're generally above average for RPGs, but look back at KOTOR on the Xbox, it got a 7 in graphics and it's graphics were also very much hyped. Jade Empire got an 8 in graphics. I'm expecting a similar rating in graphics for Mass Effect.

Fair enough, though I still stand behind what I said.
xXHackettXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 xXHackettXx
Member since 2006 • 3560 Posts
If this game were released on the PS3 would u still have made this thread?mmogoon
He wouldnt have.
Resident_Fan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Resident_Fan_
Member since 2004 • 591 Posts
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]

[QUOTE="Resident_Fan_"]Chris Priestly Community Coordinator I know this is how you feel, but boy this sort of comment just burns my onion. The game, graphics, sound, whatever has not been "dumbed down". You don't know Mass Effect yet because it isn't done yet. The screenshots you see are actual, in game footage screenshots. This means that if the build that they were taken in doesn't have optimization (which very little does atm) or correct texture renders (same thing) then things don't look great yet. Certainly not how they will look by the time the game is shipped. Either we can release no new images and screenshots (which you all clamor for and want more of), or we can release them like this and we get "Wow, you guys really dumbed down the game". Maybe instead of making up your mind about how "dumbed down" the game has been, you should try to keep an open mind until the game is done? Just a thought. Now that that is out of the way, any other questions? http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=556573&forum=104&sp=15 TC Ownedrybe1025

TC not owned...

Can you read?

The only thing getting owned in this thread is the cow's english teachers since they are not able to read what bioware said.

Ignorants cows like KeyWii and Dualshocking will ignoret the link no matter what. they are fanboys...
Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Socrates88
Member since 2007 • 1655 Posts
You think the downgrade happen because not enough space on the DVD9? Either this game will be short or the game will look like the downgraded pictures.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#41 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

All I have to say is this.

Cows doubted Gears of War, calling it Gears of Downgrades,  Gears of Framerates, and other stupid derogatory names.

And then it lived up to everything it was hyped to be. Haters were massively owned.

A word to the Wise KeyWii, you were among the folks saying gears would be downgraded, and you were massively owned. Don't embarass yourself again.

Avatar image for uhre-tartmonkey
uhre-tartmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 uhre-tartmonkey
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts
wow every game has bad pics
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]

[QUOTE="Resident_Fan_"]Chris Priestly Community Coordinator I know this is how you feel, but boy this sort of comment just burns my onion. The game, graphics, sound, whatever has not been "dumbed down". You don't know Mass Effect yet because it isn't done yet. The screenshots you see are actual, in game footage screenshots. This means that if the build that they were taken in doesn't have optimization (which very little does atm) or correct texture renders (same thing) then things don't look great yet. Certainly not how they will look by the time the game is shipped. Either we can release no new images and screenshots (which you all clamor for and want more of), or we can release them like this and we get "Wow, you guys really dumbed down the game". Maybe instead of making up your mind about how "dumbed down" the game has been, you should try to keep an open mind until the game is done? Just a thought. Now that that is out of the way, any other questions? http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=556573&forum=104&sp=15 TC Ownedrybe1025

TC not owned...

Can you read?

I have to disagree,what he said sounds too defensive,it's like he's trying to convince us too hard that they'll be better.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KeyWii
Even if they were still using the KOTOR graphics engine this would still be my most anticipated game this year but they are using the Unreal 3.0 engine and anyone who has played Gears of Wars knows it's potential.Strakha
And lemmings are going to quickly discover the difference going from a small scale game like Gears of War to a large scale game like Mass Effect with tons of different assets.
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25495839

Thread over. This thread destroys any potential arguments.

The_Game21x

I withdraw my previous statement. Apperently it will look as amazing as we saw for a year. 

jxditu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jxditu
Member since 2005 • 718 Posts
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="Resident_Fan_"]Chris Priestly Community Coordinator I know this is how you feel, but boy this sort of comment just burns my onion. The game, graphics, sound, whatever has not been "dumbed down". You don't know Mass Effect yet because it isn't done yet. The screenshots you see are actual, in game footage screenshots. This means that if the build that they were taken in doesn't have optimization (which very little does atm) or correct texture renders (same thing) then things don't look great yet. Certainly not how they will look by the time the game is shipped. Either we can release no new images and screenshots (which you all clamor for and want more of), or we can release them like this and we get "Wow, you guys really dumbed down the game". Maybe instead of making up your mind about how "dumbed down" the game has been, you should try to keep an open mind until the game is done? Just a thought. Now that that is out of the way, any other questions? http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=556573&forum=104&sp=15 TC Owned

lol how can the xbox 360 have alot of damage control? its not even microsoft developing this game so i cant see how this would put the xbox 360 or microsoft in Damage control.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 danneswegman
every game has it's good and bad parts. we do not know what screen is from what build.... even if you are right, you fail, cause you don't know NOW.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KeyWii
I can see why it fit on one dvd. :lol:SuperMouse1986
lol owned. High Five!
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Dualshockin
hhmm because the PS3 has no damage control.....its not like they relesed a downgraded version into PAL regions or anythingArsenal140
Yeah,since MS's backwards compatability worldwide was near perfect right? Actually,by releasing the PAL Ps3's with software emulation instead,this will enable Sony to cut down the price in the near future.Hence,it is a good thing if you ask me...