Mass Effect Andromeda Reveal Trailer.

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyZw_oqk7Q8

Looks OK. Concept seems similar to ME 1,2,3 and Dragon Age trilogy (Ancient evil coming back). Hope story execution (Party members and shit) and gameplay is good.

Discuss.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#2 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

Meh, I have faith. Mass Effect 3's atrocious ending aside, I still had a good time with my squad mates in that game. I expect another enjoyable party from Bioware, that much has been a pretty good constant in their games. The gameplay I'm sure will be another clunky poverty version of Gears of War, which is whatever, I know what I'm getting into when I buy a Bioware game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

Looks like Gears of war 4.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Looked boss, day one, pre-ordered.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

BRILLIANT ! HYPED AF !

C'mon "looks OK" ? Hype it up :D

i expected a gameplay trailer but this was one hell of a goosbumping trailer.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

Definitely getting it. I loved the ME trilogy.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts

Looks ok. Mass Effect 3 bored me too much to finish, but since this is supposed to be a fresh start, maybe I'll give this franchise another go.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Day one!!!!!

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9875 Posts

Very excited :)!!! Also Andromeda initiative (perhaps add to OP?): https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative/training-hub/welcome

Like the framing for the story with a number of arks for various species and a fresh new galaxy.

dz8t2t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dz8t2t
Member since 2004 • 318 Posts

This and Mass Effect 2 & 3 released for Xbone backwards compatibility today.

Happy N7 Day!!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20147 Posts

@mjorh said:

BRILLIANT ! HYPED AF !

C'mon "looks OK" ? Hype it up :D

i expected a gameplay trailer but this was one hell of a goosbumping trailer.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

The trailer didn't do anything for me.

I still think the game will turn out awesme though.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1478 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Meh, I have faith. Mass Effect 3's atrocious ending aside, I still had a good time with my squad mates in that game. I expect another enjoyable party from Bioware, that much has been a pretty good constant in their games. The gameplay I'm sure will be another clunky poverty version of Gears of War, which is whatever, I know what I'm getting into when I buy a Bioware game.

Poor writing, bad level/encounter design and LGBT pandering?

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I wasn't really sure how I felt about this game (loved the trilogy, and still play it every so often). But the more I see of this game, the more I like. Guess I will do like I do with pretty much every Bioware game. Buy it day one.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Looks alright. Bit over dramatic though.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mjorh

Mass Effect Andromeda's new Andromeda Initiative website has laid out exactly when the events of BioWare's new game take place - and how it skirts around that whole Mass Effect 3 ending.

Your new character Ryder will leave the Milky Way galaxy on their 600-year journey to Andromeda in 2185.

That's the year that Mass Effect 2's events conclude, and that game's Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC takes place.

The following year, 2186, is when Mass Effect 2's Arrival DLC is set, when the Reapers actually invade the Milky Way, and when Mass Effect 3 begins.

By the time this happens, your ark ship (and four others) is already on its way to Andromeda, and its crew is in cryo-sleep. Hence, your characters will not have seen the Reaper war or how you chose to conclude it.

Or, if they are somehow informed after they awake, it already took place 600 years ago and was already resolved. Handy!

This places the main action of Andromeda somewhere in the region of 2785.

BioWare's Andromeda Initiative website will include a series of training videos (only the first is currently viewable). Watching all of them will unlock a special helmet in Andromeda when it launches.

Previous dates in the website's timeline detail the events of Mass Effect 1 and the various prequel novels and comics - such as the First Contact War and humanity gaining its seat on the Citadel Council.

Eurogamer

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

looks high budget

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Just waiting for a firm date and then I am pre-ordering it. I cant wait.

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

Man, Mass Effect really needs some competition. The chances of this not being great are pretty high.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22391 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Looked boss, day one, pre-ordered.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#21 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

The Andromeda Initiative video is actually WAY better than the reveal trailer. You can check it out here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#22 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

My body is 100% ready!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#23 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Hopefully a "Gears of War" with more than a Fast n Furious story/script. That actioncrapmovie stuff is fine for Gears, but ME needs to hit a level that @jg4xchamp only calls crap. If it hits his "crap" level, its gonna be epic LOL

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cainetao11

@dz8t2t said:

This and Mass Effect 2 & 3 released for Xbone backwards compatibility today.

Happy N7 Day!!

YES!!!!!

So thank you, Microsoft, and to go along with my new turned over leaf God bless the whole world. Nothing but peace and love from old cainetao11 from now on.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mjorh

One of the very popular aspects of Mass Effect 2 was loyalty missions. These sent you on a trip with each of your crew members to help them out on specific missions. They helped you get to know them more, and were each very unique.

Thankfully, after dropping them in Mass Effect 3, BioWare has confirmed their return in Andromeda. Speaking to Game Informer as part of the magazine’s cover story, creative director Mac Walters said he loved these missions.

“As a writer, one of the things I loved was the freedom to say ‘I know this character is coming along,’ so they can carry a lot of the narrative,” he told the magazine. “That made my job easier, but it also made it more fun, because I could tell a more specific story in one of those missions.”

Loyalty missions are just one part of the game’s vast side content. According to Game Informer, side missions include other exploration activities, and a few surrounding the mystery of the Ryder family.

As such, you won’t be punished for skipping them, and you’ll even be able to play them later after finishing the main campaign.

“The big difference between this and ME2, where you did a loyalty mission and that all impacted the ending, is that they’re much more optional in this case,” the creative director revealed.

“If you don’t want to engage with them, you don’t have to. If you want engage with them after the critical path is done, you can do that.”

VG247

Keeps getting better and better!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jg4xchamp
@moistcarrot said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Outside of The termareaper being dumb as shit and yeah the plot of ME3, I'd say on balance they are usually pretty solid in the writing department. Be it fleshing out their characters, distinguishing their characters through their script, building their setting organically in dialogue spaces, and telling a story with some relative sense of momentum. The pandering they do lacks subtlty, but we're talking about the dumbest story telling medium on god's green earth, so I expect growing pains there.

So no I expect a fun universe/setting, and a cast of characters that have genuine some charisma.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15583 Posts

Chosen One fighting ancient evil is getting a bit old, I think Bioware should go for more interpersonal stories. I want to see a game where you're just fighting some douche who wronged you, not yet another power hungry megalomaniac. I hope that's the angle they went with this, I really don't want to see Mass Effect: Inquisition.

Anyway still no footage of RPG elements or combat and only a few seconds of anything that looks like gameplay. This is starting to bother me. I figure somewhere internally there is a big dispute going on about how this game should play, so they are keeping it really close to the chest. And with only supposedly a few months to go that is not a discussion that should be taking place.

Presentation seems pretty good at least. Lots of attention to detail and on a good engine, decent animations, nice sound.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

I'm so hyped for this game! Mass Effect has yet to let me down.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jg4xchamp

@cainetao11 said:

Hopefully a "Gears of War" with more than a Fast n Furious story/script. That actioncrapmovie stuff is fine for Gears, but ME needs to hit a level that @jg4xchamp only calls crap. If it hits his "crap" level, its gonna be epic LOL

I actually like the Mass Effect stories. The fiction itself is a bit derivative as it's painfully obvious which scifi flicks Bioware is paying "homage" to, but yeah I don't mind the fiction in Mass Effect. The third game was them trying to get cute after they wrote themselves into a corner.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

day 1 for the most expensive addition. looks amazing. love mass effect. I'll probably double dip and get the XB1 and PC version. may even get the PS4 version too. I have tons of friends on all systems that played ME3. I played ME3 on PC, PS3, and 360. I plan on playing some ME3 again soon since MS just added it to BC on XB1 and it's free with EA access as I gave away all my old games I don't have the disk anymore

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cainetao11

@jg4xchamp said:
@cainetao11 said:

I actually like the Mass Effect stories. The fiction itself is a bit derivative as it's painfully which scifi flicks Bioware is paying "homage" to, but yeah I don't mind the fiction in Mass Effect. The third game was them trying to get cute after they wrote themselves into a corner.

LOL you noticed that also? Was Kapryshn the writer on 3? I liked the lead in novel to the first game he wrote.

I always enjoyed the description of FTL travel of the Mass relays. Halo first strike, I believe, gave an in depth description of "slip space" that was cool also. If only dude. I'd go to space before a submersible in deep ocean.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44624 Posts

so far so good, nothing that's raising any flags for me yet

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14926 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@moistcarrot said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Outside of The termareaper being dumb as shit and yeah the plot of ME3, I'd say on balance they are usually pretty solid in the writing department. Be it fleshing out their characters, distinguishing their characters through their script, building their setting organically in dialogue spaces, and telling a story with some relative sense of momentum. The pandering they do lacks subtlty, but we're talking about the dumbest story telling medium on god's green earth, so I expect growing pains there.

So no I expect a fun universe/setting, and a cast of characters that have genuine some charisma.

ME2's plot wasn't horrible? The fanbase wants to ignore that notion when they blindly bash ME3, but its ME2 that has the worst writing in the series.

ME3's plot is actually pretty good, its the fanbase that is too stupid to realize that the Mass Effect series is one giant argument AGAINST free will.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14926 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@cainetao11 said:

I actually like the Mass Effect stories. The fiction itself is a bit derivative as it's painfully obvious which scifi flicks Bioware is paying "homage" to, but yeah I don't mind the fiction in Mass Effect. The third game was them trying to get cute after they wrote themselves into a corner.

And how did they write themselves into a corner? They didn't.

ME3 uses the very themes of the last third of the first game and based its plot around it. And the ending is anything but a deus ex machina.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cainetao11

@texasgoldrush said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@cainetao11 said:

And how did they write themselves into a corner? They didn't.

ME3 uses the very themes of the last third of the first game and based its plot around it. And the ending is anything but a deus ex machina.

You are correct. We all are. There is no conflict or hurt feelings.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46486 Posts

So still no gameplay and people are calling it "GOTY 2017" and preordering this ?

Business as usual.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mjorh

@R4gn4r0k said:

So still no gameplay and people are calling it "GOTY 2017" and preordering this ?

Business as usual.

We're gonna hype the shit outta it and you ...:

:P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46486 Posts

@mjorh said:

I would say I have no clue what this is about. But I think we all have games like this xD

Still, I'm way more cautious these days about seeing "gameplay" and "marketing" videos.

Gaming companies love selling us stuff they ain't selling us. If you know what i mean.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mjorh

@R4gn4r0k said:
@mjorh said:

I would say I have no clue what this is about. But I think we all have games like this xD

Still, I'm way more cautious these days about seeing "gameplay" and "marketing" videos.

Gaming companies love selling us stuff they ain't selling us. If you know what i mean.

Yeah i know what you mean and you're absolutely right

Here's hoping the gameplay trailer turns out to be amazing, December 1st can't come soon enough

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Seeing the box art earlier made it feel more real to me.....damn, can't wait. And no, I'm not out to promote the Xbox One version, but this is the only one I saw on Amazon, the ps4 version said no image available. Don't think I'll watch the trailer for now, would like to keep my exposure of this game low prior to release.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#41 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

It looks sexy.

I want it.

I need it.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14815 Posts

I'm intrigued.

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

I have never been into the ME series but damn that trailer was awesome. Looked very impressive visually.

Were there a few game play shots as well in there?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56269 Posts

@mjorh said:

Mass Effect Andromeda's new Andromeda Initiative website has laid out exactly when the events of BioWare's new game take place - and how it skirts around that whole Mass Effect 3 ending.

Your new character Ryder will leave the Milky Way galaxy on their 600-year journey to Andromeda in 2185.

That's the year that Mass Effect 2's events conclude, and that game's Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC takes place.

The following year, 2186, is when Mass Effect 2's Arrival DLC is set, when the Reapers actually invade the Milky Way, and when Mass Effect 3 begins.

By the time this happens, your ark ship (and four others) is already on its way to Andromeda, and its crew is in cryo-sleep. Hence, your characters will not have seen the Reaper war or how you chose to conclude it.

Or, if they are somehow informed after they awake, it already took place 600 years ago and was already resolved. Handy!

This places the main action of Andromeda somewhere in the region of 2785.

BioWare's Andromeda Initiative website will include a series of training videos (only the first is currently viewable). Watching all of them will unlock a special helmet in Andromeda when it launches.

Previous dates in the website's timeline detail the events of Mass Effect 1 and the various prequel novels and comics - such as the First Contact War and humanity gaining its seat on the Citadel Council.

Eurogamer

It's using the same engine (Frostbite) as Dragon Age Inquisition, so I'm not surprised that character facial details look similar.

Also just want to give a heads up about Andromeda's MP beta sign up: Mass Effect: Andromeda MP beta

Gonna go ahead and sign up for XBL/PSN/PC just to test and see which version to buy but I'm sure it'll be PC.

To sign up for the beta, you'll need to have an EA account and link it to your Origin, PSN, or Xbox Live accounts. Next, you'll need to answer a bunch of questions about your gaming tendencies, spoken languages, and favourite games. When you finally get to the end, you'll have to check a white box next to the words, "Mass Effect Andromeda Multiplayer Tech Test" (seen below). This will bring you to a final assortment of questions before letting you submit your application.

Dark_man123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45  Edited By Dark_man123
Member since 2005 • 4012 Posts

Will be getting this on Pc, I can't wait! If Bioware can nail the retro feel of 1 the pacing of 2 and the gameplay of 3 Andromeda will be golden

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

Mens from the sky and citizens...step aside, Mass Effect is back with all its glory.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

That trailer just made me think of a bad Hollywood movie. Ugh.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52448 Posts

It will keep the SFM artists from going out of business. Good going, Bioware.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Looks incredible, you guys have horrible tastes if you think this looks bad (yet continue to get shit games like COD)

Glad MS released ME 1-3 via BC... now I can complete my whole collection on the xbone, I've been playing the old PS3 versions but I feel like my PS3 (the george foreman grill) could die soon.

soo hyped.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

I have a bad feeling this will be Mass Effect Inquisition, but still day one.