MAG will be a sales flop, heres why.

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -GhostMLD-
Member since 2008 • 3282 Posts

Cows are allergic to paying to play multiplayer games.

If they were cool with it, they would all be paying to play on the superior LIVE service, rather then "settling" for the meh-rated PSN.

So MAG is doomed to flop in sales, unless cows are hypocritical...........if thats possible :roll:

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

Just like nobody bought Warhawk and still plays it... right?

oh, wait..

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
every group in system wars are hypocritical, they all twist there stories to make things sound the best for them
-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -GhostMLD-

oh, wait..

Nightflash28

does it require a monthly subscription?

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
Since when is this a pay to play game? Link please. If you dont have one then well you fail again.
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nightflash28
[QUOTE="Nightflash28"]

oh, wait..

-GhostMLD-

does it require a monthly subscription?

no?

Does MAG?

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
what makes the psn meh when it almost par with live. ps 3 on-line with no lag is what really counts the most playing on-line. so why pay for something if it is free with no lag.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

oh, wait..

Nightflash28
You don't pay a monthly fee to play Warhawk.Mag is a MMO
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nightflash28
[QUOTE="Nightflash28"]

oh, wait..

heretrix

MMOs don't automatically require a monthly fee, you know.
So far, there's no word on that for MAG.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 heretrix
what makes the psn meh when it almost par with live. ps 3 on-line with no lag is what really counts the most playing on-line. so why pay for something if it is free with no lag.GARRYTH
because it's a lie. No online service is without lag, to say that just exposes ignorance on the subject.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

If they were cool with it, they would all be paying to play on the superior LIVE service, rather then "settling" for the meh-rated PSN.

So MAG is doomed to flop in sales, unless cows are hypocritical...........if thats possible :roll:

-GhostMLD-

Have lemmings never been hypocritical?

How about how before MS released avatars people were knocking Sony for copying MS but as soon as MS does it to Nintendo it's somehow acceptable?

How about the "I dont buy my console to watch movies" argument but then they get excited over Netflicks, movie marketplace, and the rumors of a Blu Ray add on.

How about the fact you are sitting here talking about the PS3 as if you know everything about it when truth is you've probably never even touched one???

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 heretrix
[QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="Nightflash28"]

oh, wait..

Nightflash28

MMOs don't automatically require a monthly fee, you know.
So far, there's no word on that for MAG.

ok.
Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts
Where is all this crap coming from about MAG being a MMO? It's massive, but I doubt it's going to have a big world to explore and adventure in. Just really big battles like mega battlefield servers. Besides, there has been a massive shooter before, it was called Tribes or something...
Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
MAG has a monthly fee? Link?
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sully28
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

carljohnson3456

How about how before MS released avatars people were knocking Sony for copying MS but as soon as MS does it to Nintendo it's somehow acceptable?

How about the "I dont buy my console to watch movies" argument but then they get excited over Netflicks, movie marketplace, and the rumors of a Blu Ray add on.

How about the fact you are sitting here talking about the PS3 as if you know everything about it when truth is you've probably never even touched one???

Well there goes the thread.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 carljohnson3456

Since when is this a pay to play game? Link please. If you dont have one then well you fail again.Sully28

I was thinking the same thing...

I havent heard of a fee with this game.

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -GhostMLD-
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

carljohnson3456

ewww...touching one, i cringe at the thought.

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sully28

Where is all this crap coming from about MAG being a MMO? It's massive, but I doubt it's going to have a big world to explore and adventure in. Just really big battles like mega battlefield servers. Besides, there has been a massive shooter before, it was called Tribes or something...Nerkcon

Theres a few games on PC like this, one being joint operations. Servers go up to over 160 people, and there are modded serves that take it up to 200. No fees, and its a great game.

DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts
Dude you don't make any sense. Make this thread after MAG is released and the sales numbers are in. By the way, PSN is excellent and I have no lag or anything like that with it.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 heretrix
[QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

carljohnson3456

I gotta dispute a couple of your points CJ.

1. Avatars have been around since almost the beginning of the Worldwideweb in chat applications.Miis do have the distinction of using them first on consoles though.

2. XBL video marketplace has been around for a couple of years before Sony's service, and you know the real reason while the lems were saying that.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

-GhostMLD-

ewww...touching one, i cringe at the thought.

Yeah I know, right?

So where's the link for this pay to play subscription Ghost?

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Where is all this crap coming from about MAG being a MMO? It's massive, but I doubt it's going to have a big world to explore and adventure in. Just really big battles like mega battlefield servers. Besides, there has been a massive shooter before, it was called Tribes or something...Nerkcon

MMO means massive multiplayer online, so MAG is an MMO.

Planetside on PC has up to 999 players. That was in 2003.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

heretrix

1. Avatars have been around since almost the beginning of the Worldwideweb in chat applications.Miis do have the distinction of using them first on consoles though.

2. XBL video marketplace has been around for a couple of years before Sony's service, and you know the real reason while the lems were saying that.

Ah I know man, I'm just challenging Ghost. :)

You certainly cant tell him "all fanboys are hypocrites" when he talks about being a lemming as if it is a religion... literally.

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nerkcon

[QUOTE="Nerkcon"]Where is all this crap coming from about MAG being a MMO? It's massive, but I doubt it's going to have a big world to explore and adventure in. Just really big battles like mega battlefield servers. Besides, there has been a massive shooter before, it was called Tribes or something...Sully28

Theres a few games on PC like this, one being joint operations. Servers go up to over 160 people, and there are modded serves that take it up to 200. No fees, and its a great game.

So people still play Tribes? Which one should I get and where do I get it? I look at the list and saw the last one was on the PS2. Did it kill them? :( What other games are there that are like Tribes and MAG?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 heretrix

Because it probably will be

"In fact it was shown to a focus group less than a month before E3. One among that group, after seeing the MAG E3 debut, reached out to me, under a promise of anonymity, to describe what was shown and asked of the group. Put simply, MAG — whatever title it comes out under — will be a mercenary combat MMO."

darkenedsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 darkenedsquire
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
Guild wars is an MMO and it doesn't have a subscription fee so I think just assuming MAG will have one is a bit follish.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 heretrix
[QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

carljohnson3456

You certainly cant tell him "all fanboys are hypocrites" when he talks about being a lemming as if it is a religion... literally.

You know you can't take Ghost seriously.....Lol.
Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nerkcon

[QUOTE="Nerkcon"]Where is all this crap coming from about MAG being a MMO? It's massive, but I doubt it's going to have a big world to explore and adventure in. Just really big battles like mega battlefield servers. Besides, there has been a massive shooter before, it was called Tribes or something...Baranga

MAG is not a MMO. For it to be a MMO it has to have a huge consistent world. Unless there are great landscapes people are traveling over to get to and from points of interest it's not a MMO. Guild Wars isn't a MMO either but if you think it is I'll give up on you for this argument. Lemmings just want it to be aMMO so it can fail because it needs a fee. What what if it IS aMMO and it does NOT have a fee, what then Lemmings? :|

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -GhostMLD-
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="-GhostMLD-"]

heretrix

You know you can't take Ghost seriously.....Lol.

have faith in the lemming brotherhood and you may be delievered to your salvation.

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sully28
[QUOTE="Sully28"]

[QUOTE="Nerkcon"]Where is all this crap coming from about MAG being a MMO? It's massive, but I doubt it's going to have a big world to explore and adventure in. Just really big battles like mega battlefield servers. Besides, there has been a massive shooter before, it was called Tribes or something...Nerkcon

So people still play Tribes? Which one should I get and where do I get it? I look at the list and saw the last one was on the PS2. Did it kill them? :( What other games are there that are like Tribes and MAG?

idk i never played tribes but ik you can still get joint operations and its expansion pack for around 20 bucks and still find some pretty full servers. Also Arma i believe is like this to, but its VERY realistic.
sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts
[QUOTE="Baranga"]

[QUOTE="Nerkcon"]Where is all this crap coming from about MAG being a MMO? It's massive, but I doubt it's going to have a big world to explore and adventure in. Just really big battles like mega battlefield servers. Besides, there has been a massive shooter before, it was called Tribes or something...Nerkcon

MAG is not a MMO. For it to be a MMO it has to have a huge consistent world. Unless there are great landscapes people are traveling over to get to and from points of interest it's not a MMO. Guild Wars isn't a MMO either but if you think it is I'll give up on you for this argument. Lemmings just want it to be aMMO so it can fail because it needs a fee. What what if it IS aMMO and it does NOT have a fee, what then Lemmings? :|

You're thinking of a MMORPG. MMOs do not need large consistent worlds.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GARRYTH
[QUOTE="GARRYTH"]what makes the psn meh when it almost par with live. ps 3 on-line with no lag is what really counts the most playing on-line. so why pay for something if it is free with no lag.heretrix
because it's a lie. No online service is without lag, to say that just exposes ignorance on the subject.

not if you have the fastest on-line service you can get. i have fios. i just got it and warhawk is as smooth as butter. what i mean is with no lag i mean it well enough not to pay for it.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 heretrix

have faith in the lemming brotherhood and you may be delievered to your salvation.

-GhostMLD-

See?

Lol. Dude you crack me up.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="GARRYTH"]what makes the psn meh when it almost par with live. ps 3 on-line with no lag is what really counts the most playing on-line. so why pay for something if it is free with no lag.GARRYTH

not if you have the fastest on-line service you can get. i have fios. i just got it and warhawk is as smooth as butter. what i mean is with no lag i mean it well enough not to pay for it.

I have FIOS also.:| I have the 20up/5down service. You'll still get lag.

Like I said, if you think that PSN has no lag you have no idea what you are talking about.

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
You can count on me to not buy it General, that is unless it turns out to be totally awesome, can't say im that intrested in it right now.
Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Nerkcon
[QUOTE="Nerkcon"][QUOTE="Baranga"]

[QUOTE="Nerkcon"]Where is all this crap coming from about MAG being a MMO? It's massive, but I doubt it's going to have a big world to explore and adventure in. Just really big battles like mega battlefield servers. Besides, there has been a massive shooter before, it was called Tribes or something...sleepingzzz

MAG is not a MMO. For it to be a MMO it has to have a huge consistent world. Unless there are great landscapes people are traveling over to get to and from points of interest it's not a MMO. Guild Wars isn't a MMO either but if you think it is I'll give up on you for this argument. Lemmings just want it to be a MMO so it can fail because it needs a fee. What what if it IS a MMO and it does NOT have a fee, what then Lemmings? :|

You're thinking of misguided press mislabeling everything. Legend of Zelda is not a RPG, Dynasty Warriors is not a Strategy game, and a game online only or having a 100 players or more, does not make it a MMO. What makes a MMORPG is RPGness such as leveling, the used to death DnD fantasy world and cla.sses, along other things. A MMO has to be a massive world. I have seen MMORTS games with large consistent worlds.

But whatever, if Zelda is a RPG (that Japanese guy I can't spell said so himself) then any game over the standard player limit (32 players) could be a MMO, I guess.

Adonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Adonymous
Member since 2008 • 1664 Posts
right...and u have proof that MAG will be pay-to-play?
Mongo-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mongo-Boss
Member since 2008 • 2108 Posts
If it has a fee I don't care about it but if it's like Warhawk and Socom I might be interested, I'm so sick of shooters right now that I'd rather have the DC game instead of MAG to be honest.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
Personally, I thought MAG was the best thing to be introduced at E3. It's going to be difficult to produce, but if it's pulled off, it'll be awesome. I've always wanted to play a war game with a massive number of people, so you could feel like you were actually in a real warzone.
darkenedsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 darkenedsquire

Massively multiplayer - check

Online - check

yep seems like MAG, Guild wars Tribes etc. are MMO's

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 heretrix
[QUOTE="sleepingzzz"][QUOTE="Nerkcon"][QUOTE="Baranga"]

You're thinking of misguided press mislabeling everything. Legend of Zelda is not a RPG, Dynasty Warriors is not a Strategy game, and a game people only only or having a 100 players or over does not make it a MMO. What makes a MMORPG is RPGness such as leveling, the used to death DnD fantasy of class, along other things. A MMO has to be a massive world. I have seen MMORTS games with large consistent worlds.

But whatever, if Zelda is a RPG (that Japan guy I can't spell said so himself) then any game over the stand play limit (32 players) could be a MMO, I guess.

Dude the link I provided says it's an MMO. have you ever done focus testing before? They sit you in a room and give you a description of what you will be testing. The guy in the article was part of MAG's focus test. He say's it's a Mercenary combat MMO.
Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Nerkcon

That guy from the link is wha tI'm tlaking about. And I had always hated that website. But here is my proof he is wrong and MAg isn't a MMO. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMO

A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMOG or simply MMO) is a video game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously. By necessity, they are played on the Internet, and feature at least one persistent world. They are, however, not necessarily games played on personal computers. Most of the newer game consoles, including the Xbox 360, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, Nintendo DS and Wii can access the Internet and thus can have MMO genre games.

MMOGs can enable players to cooperate and compete with each other on a grand scale, and sometimes to interact meaningfully with people around the world. They include a variety of gameplay types, representing many video game genres. Many MMOGs require players to invest large amounts of their time into the game. Most MMOGs require a monthly subscription fee, but some can be played for free.

If it's just battle to battle then it's not a MMO. But what does it matter if the game is fun? Diablo 2 players use to start argurments that Diablo 2 was a MMO.

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nerkcon
Another example, one of the most underrated games: Kingdom Under Fire, is getting a sequel. It's going to have online multiple with massive battles but only the standard 16 players, but it will be massive because everyone player will have his or her own army to command. A guy from the game development the game called it a MMOARTS (Action Real Time Strategy). But even though it's going to have large battles is it a MMO even though it only has the standard amount of players?
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GARRYTH

[QUOTE="GARRYTH"][QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="GARRYTH"]what makes the psn meh when it almost par with live. ps 3 on-line with no lag is what really counts the most playing on-line. so why pay for something if it is free with no lag.heretrix

Like I said, if you think that PSN has no lag you have no idea what you are talking about.

FIOS is great service. maybe i do have lag but the fact is i don't see it because i don't look for it. sometimes when i die or someone else dies it skips alittle. but the thing is why pay for it if it is good enough. some of you 360 fans act like playing ps 3 you get alot of lag and it is not playable because it is free. that the point i was trying to get across.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 heretrix

That guy from the link is wha tI'm tlaking about. And I had always hated that website. But here is my proof he is wrong and MAg isn't a MMO. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMO

A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMOG or simply MMO) is a video game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously. By necessity, they are played on the Internet, and feature at least one persistent world. They are, however, not necessarily games played on personal computers. Most of the newer game consoles, including the Xbox 360, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, Nintendo DS and Wii can access the Internet and thus can have MMO genre games.

MMOGs can enable players to cooperate and compete with each other on a grand scale, and sometimes to interact meaningfully with people around the world. They include a variety of gameplay types, representing many video game genres. Many MMOGs require players to invest large amounts of their time into the game. Most MMOGs require a monthly subscription fee, but some can be played for free.

If it's just battle to battle then it's not a MMO. But what does it matter if the game is fun? Diablo 2 players use to start argurments that Diablo 2 was a MMO.

Nerkcon
Dude are you seriously pointing to Wikipedia as proof of what this game isn't? Like I said, when you focus test something, they tell you what it is, so that you can know what you are testing. I'm not saying this is all 100 percent as things can change by the time it's released, but I'll trust Kotaku over Wikipedia anyday.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 heretrix
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="GARRYTH"][QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="GARRYTH"]what makes the psn meh when it almost par with live. ps 3 on-line with no lag is what really counts the most playing on-line. so why pay for something if it is free with no lag.GARRYTH

FIOS is great service. maybe i do have lag but the fact is i don't see it because i don't look for it. sometimes when i die or someone else dies it skips alittle. but the thing is why pay for it if it is good enough. some of you 360 fans act like playing ps 3 you get alot of lag and it is not playable because it is free. that the point i was trying to get across.

the problem is you are wrong. there is a big difference between "No lag" and "not that much lag".

It's like that perpetual lie cows like to throw out that "all PS3 games have dedicated servers". there are currently like under 10 titles that have that.

darkenedsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 darkenedsquire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_first-person_shooter#Massive_Action_Game_.28MAG.29

See I can use wiki as well :roll:

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Nerkcon
I brought proof he was one and all you have to say is you trust him over Wiki? Besides Wiki is perfectly reliable! Except for the very tiny flaw that anyone could edit any page at any given time. But hey, they have moderators to stop that. :P And every other major gaming news site > Kotaku. I would rather take stuff I could pull out of my ass then that site everyday.
enral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#50 enral
Member since 2006 • 728 Posts
Link to prove MAG has monthy fee or /thread.