looks like GOW3 graphics were overhyped jaffe:GOW footage not what I saw

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -Mad_Rhetoric-
Member since 2008 • 1765 Posts

http://n4g.com/ps3/News-244377.aspx

I kinda saw this coming since the whole "1080p and 60fps"

PS3Breeder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PS3Breeder
Member since 2008 • 1240 Posts

David Jaffe gushed over the footage he saw of God of War 3 a few weeks ago, and we know that God of War 3 will be shown at the Spike Video Game Awards this coming Sunday.

But, according to Jaffe, this is not the same footage, so if it doesn't blow you away this weekend, fear not.

http://www.tawkn.com/index.php?page=site-newspost&news_id=1039

DId you even read the whole article ?

-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -Mad_Rhetoric-
Member since 2008 • 1765 Posts

David Jaffe gushed over the footage he saw of God of War 3 a few weeks ago, and we know that God of War 3 will be shown at the Spike Video Game Awards this coming Sunday.

But, according to Jaffe, this is not the same footage, so if it doesn't blow you away this weekend, fear not.

PS3Breeder

"Apparently, David Jaffe has seen the God of War 3 footage that Spike TV's Video Game Awards will be showing, and while he says that it's good, it's not what he saw a couple weeks back when he famously went off about how amazing it looked."

mr_mozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mr_mozilla
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
So they showed him some cutscene/cgi, he got all hyped and praised it to everyone, and now reality sets in when they'll show some real footage? If that's the case someone got owned, not sure who tho...
JimJackJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JimJackJose
Member since 2002 • 2937 Posts
pre-emptive damage control ftw
Avatar image for danthegardner99
danthegardner99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 danthegardner99
Member since 2006 • 799 Posts
Wow he said that the footage he saw was like a painting, but the stuff we are going to see isnt as good. That means the footage he saw before is suddenly the same as the VGA footage. The footage he saw is better then the stuff we are going to see at VGA's. That's all it is. And he even said the stuff we are going to see is awesome. i see no problem. We are going o see something that looks great, and it's going to look even better when we see what Jaffe saw originally.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts
I think he's implying that the actual action and gamplay isn't the same. So what he saw was better in terms of exhibition of mechanics and level design, the overall awe of it. I'm sure the game looks the same visually. Then again, in games there are parts that look better than other parts.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
Ugh couldnt it just mean that the gameplay footage he saw before isnt the same gameplay footage at the VGAs? Like, couldnt it be another level or something? Geesh, everyone is so quick to jump to conclusions. lol.
Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Eyezonmii
Member since 2008 • 2145 Posts
people are so silly and assume thing way to much. Its simply good, because it won't look as good as the first footage he saw, and that's NOT visually speaking, his probably talking about action on screen and most likely he saw a more BETTER scene action packed and better moments. We will obviously see something not as rich and shorter, in comparison. I love it how people think its just GRAPHICS he was excited about.
Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Eyezonmii
Ugh couldnt it just mean that the gameplay footage he saw before isnt the same gameplay footage at the VGAs? Like, couldnt it be another level or something? Geesh, everyone is so quick to jump to conclusions. lol. carljohnson3456
Thank you, another SMART person.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
saturday can't come soon enough...
Inger1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Inger1
Member since 2005 • 941 Posts

Wow he said that the footage he saw was like a painting, but the stuff we are going to see isnt as good. That means the footage he saw before is suddenly the same as the VGA footage. The footage he saw is better then the stuff we are going to see at VGA's. That's all it is. And he even said the stuff we are going to see is awesome. i see no problem. We are going o see something that looks great, and it's going to look even better when we see what Jaffe saw originally. danthegardner99

QFT

Basically, what we're going to see at the VGAs is great, but hes seen even better in some different clips...

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
Seems Jaffe is already back peddling from what he said.
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
If he is talking about graphics, too bad I don't believe his DC. If he is talking about the gameplay not looking good as good, well then... :|
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts

Did you watch the video he posted? He says the trailer is amazing too, but it is not what he saw. He didn't saw OMG TEH DOWNGRADE! Don't seem to be taking this way too far... Fanboy confirmed...

Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Eyezonmii
[QUOTE="EuroMafia"]If he is talking about graphics, too bad I don't believe his DC. If he is talking about the gameplay not looking good as good, well then... :|

its simple, look at this way....They're good and bad footages of a game, some better than others...this is one of those situations. What jaffe saw before was just better presented.
Theverydeepend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Theverydeepend
Member since 2008 • 520 Posts
They are just showing different footage than they showed him
jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jonnyt61
Member since 2003 • 2147 Posts
Did he say it was worse? I don't think he did. "Not the footage I saw" does not mean "OH MY GAWD!!? THE GAME SUCKS" You can really tell the worst of the worst in Fanboys on this site sometimes.
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
TC did you even watch the video :? Nice job looking uninformed.
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
Ugh couldnt it just mean that the gameplay footage he saw before isnt the same gameplay footage at the VGAs? Like, couldnt it be another level or something? Geesh, everyone is so quick to jump to conclusions. lol. carljohnson3456
Yeah. that's how I interpreted it
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
He said it's not the part which looks like a painting... Looks like he's talking about the graphics to me.
imelitenow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 imelitenow
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts
ohhh boy this won't end well:?
Theverydeepend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Theverydeepend
Member since 2008 • 520 Posts
[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]

Mad_Rhetoric your lack of reading skills seems to have driven a lot of people angry, but what would system wars be without people like you.
Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Eyezonmii
He said it's not the part which looks like a painting... Looks like he's talking about the graphics to me.EuroMafia
again, it comes to presentation, we most likely won't see that AWESOME bit he did. Not every game footages of a game looks OMFG awesome....some bits shine better in games than others, think Gears of War 2, once you got to the caves, it look stunning....NOT every area looks outstanding.
Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts
TC, I think you should of watched the video before making a statement. He said that what he saw was different, in other words they are both gameplay but he probably saw a different level or a more complete version.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts
He said it's not the part which looks like a painting... Looks like he's talking about the graphics to me.EuroMafia
When he mentioned 'painting' he was simply referring to his blog post about the better footage he saw. P.S. Eyezonmii said what I was thinking too. There are parts of games that look better than other parts. Gears 2 is a prime example of that.
RuinedMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RuinedMachine
Member since 2008 • 622 Posts
TC fails at trolling
MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts
he said it wasnt the same footage he saw,. It's a different part of the game at least watch the video before you make a thread
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts
Who cares. GOW 3 so far is the best exclusive next year between the PS3 and the 360.
bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
Jumping to conclusions with a terrible reading comprehension is fun!
koolaidWTF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 koolaidWTF
Member since 2008 • 362 Posts
You guys don't remember that not EVERY SINGLE part of a game is gonna have the same lighting and exact features. The part that he seen first might have been a better lighting or whatever else and that's what made him like it so much. Then the second part he saw was probably just a not so good feature of the game. There's always good and bad parts of a game and thats what he saw. Good and bad.
VirtuaCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 VirtuaCast
Member since 2008 • 840 Posts
Why would Jaffe even say that? He is better off not saying anything then.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3Breeder"]

-Mad_Rhetoric-

"Apparently, David Jaffe has seen the God of War 3 footage that Spike TV's Video Game Awards will be showing, and while he says that it's good, it's not what he saw a couple weeks back when he famously went off about how amazing it looked."

facepalm

Yes, let's just ignore the "original source" as well as the original source David Jaffe himself, and instead misinterpret what some random guy on the internet wrote in a N4G post.

mgsbethatgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mgsbethatgame
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

-Mad_Rhetoric-
still going to look amazing dont forget kojima maxed ps3 and mgs looked amazing and killzone looks awsome so gow3 graphics no problem even if jaffe overhyped them. besides i like the guy he's cool to me even if he does make fanboys cry lol
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts
So they showed him some cutscene/cgi, he got all hyped and praised it to everyone, and now reality sets in when they'll show some real footage? If that's the case someone got owned, not sure who tho...mr_mozilla
That's not what happened... if you actually bother to check out his video or reference the article he's referring to, you'll see that the VGA footage is only going to be a short clip of the game... he saw more extensive footage but that is not what's going to be unveiled to us at the VGA's. So while the short clip will still be awesome, it's still only a teaser of what the full game has to offer.
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts

[QUOTE="WatchmenWatchUs"]Wow you people are fools. They're obviously showing different footage. GoW, GoW2, and GoW Coo always pushed the system they were on to the limits He never even said it was worse. This is nothing buts lems jumping the gun................AGAIN I'd wait until we see the footage ourselves. If the game looks awesome, well TLHBO-Mad_Rhetoric-

:lol: this cows gone mad with damage control

when did I saw the graphics suck? I said the graphics were over hyped, you can't deny it when the game creator admits it.

you=selfowned

btw you wish you could play the RE5 demo the sequel to the GOTY 2005, go play your flopzone 2

Lol, you probably have no idea how lame you sound getting hyped for a demo. A demo to a multiplat game... wow, you sure showed him! Lol, you manage to make lems look pretty desperate.
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
The vid only got me excited for God of War. Jaffe is a down to earth guy, he's just a gamer... I hope he's hard at work on Twisted Metal though
GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts
So we will be seeing different footage than Jaffe at the VGA. No biggie tho the title was pretty misleading.
one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#47 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts

I don't mind if it's not 1080p but I really hope it's 60fps.

thepoop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 thepoop7
Member since 2003 • 1391 Posts
testing
Tekkenloving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Tekkenloving
Member since 2008 • 1546 Posts
All he said is that the video that will be in vga is different from the one he had seen earlier dont try to read to much into that go to his blog and hear fo yourself.