Little Big Planet on PC,fake or reality??

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Cbot
Member since 2004 • 678 Posts

http://kotaku.com/5034088/#viewcomments

From Kotaku

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

unless the promo is a mistake this is real, have seen them in the wild ;)

Cows lose what may be their best exclusive left this year. Or Sony marketing can't make promo material.

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts

http://kotaku.com/5034088/#viewcomments

From Kotaku

Cbot
well if the game is going to be a bust might as well try to sell as much as you can. who knows how it will sell on the pc.
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts

My local Gamestop also had one up...

I mean, it sort of makes sense.

The whole Web 2.0 concept of the game works very well on the PC.

And 2D Platforms are also very good on the PC(even though this is technically 3D from the side...).

It would also probably be rather sucessful on the PC if they market it as a PS3 and PC game.

I guess it is a wait and see type thing.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

well it's a game that would probably work better on pc's than console for making maps. I could see it or a game like it come out very soon.

zepman71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zepman71
Member since 2005 • 4120 Posts
I wouldn't get my hopes up, just looks like a big mistake. I wouldn't mind it being true though...
CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
They've had map makers for years, doubt they'd be to interested.
AaronHullLfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AaronHullLfc
Member since 2008 • 863 Posts
What is wrong with you people? Its publisher is Sony and Kotaku said it was a screw up
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 horrowhip

What is wrong with you people? Its publisher is Sony and Kotaku said it was a screw upAaronHullLfc

Sony publishes a fair amount of games on PC.

Most MMO's but still.

This game is very online-oriented, and social. Things that work well on PC.

I honestly wouldn't count out the possibility of it being true. Kotaku only said they think it is a screw up.

We will have to wait and see.

Cbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cbot
Member since 2004 • 678 Posts

My local Gamestop also had one up...

I mean, it sort of makes sense.

The whole Web 2.0 concept of the game works very well on the PC.

And 2D Platforms are also very good on the PC(even though this is technically 3D from the side...).

It would also probably be rather sucessful on the PC if they market it as a PS3 and PC game.

I guess it is a wait and see type thing.

horrowhip

Holy ****

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

it's not a fake but it's also a mistake. There is no way you will see Sony's exclusive console games go to PC. It would eliminate the very reason to own the PS3.

Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lidve
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts
Little blue planet is one of games that made me reconsider buying console,but if it comes to pc that would be awesome and i would be happy knowing that i dont need to spend xx bucks xD
MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts
The hermits getting desperate? What happened to your precious Spore?
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
It may be just a mistake.
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 horrowhip

it's not a fake but it's also a mistake. There is no way you will see Sony's exclusive console games go to PC. It would eliminate the very reason to own the PS3.

darthogre

Sony has some good reasons to release it on the PC.

The game itself is a huge risk financially.

Putting it on 2 platforms makes sense.

And the fact that it is a very online oriented game where creativity is a central point, it fits well on the PC.

I wouldn't count out the possbility of it being true.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 horrowhip

The hermits getting desperate? What happened to your precious Spore?MassiveKaos

Spore is still fantastic.

I don't see what you are getting at.

We not allowed to think getting 2 fantastic games is better than getting 1?

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 darthogre

What's funny is people actually thought FFVII remake was coming to the PS3 a couple days ago because Best Buy had signs that said it was coming in Aug........oh too bad it was a mistake.

Why is it so hard for some people to not understand that mistakes are made. Each store does not make their own signs. If a mistake happens for one sign in a store, it's going to be at all the stores. If this game was coming to PC it would have been announced by now. Retailers are prebooking the title right now and it's currently listed as PS3 only.

Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lidve
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

What happened? If we like Spore doesnt mean we hate LBP

We are not haters like you who hate anything that is not on their system

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
What are you talking about? How does this show desperation?
vanntheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 vanntheman
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts
LBP seems suited to the pc because of the user generated content but i doubt sony would let an exclusive this big go to another platform
Noldorin2646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Noldorin2646
Member since 2007 • 641 Posts

Became 38% God, according to Will Wright. And releasing in September.

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MassiveKaos

Well i just checked throguh all the games SCEA and SCE/WWS Published and not one of almost 700 has been on a another system outside the playstation brand except one. Locoroco for mobile.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 horrowhip

What's funny is people actually thought FFVII remake was coming to the PS3 a couple days ago because Best Buy had signs that said it was coming in Aug........oh too bad it was a mistake.

Why is it so hard for some people to not understand that mistakes are made. Each store does not make their own signs. If a mistake happens for one sign in a store, it's going to be at all the stores. If this game was coming to PC it would have been announced by now. Retailers are prebooking the title right now and it's currently listed as PS3 only.

darthogre

Too bad display boxarts are distributed by Sony, not retailers.

I mean, it still could be a mistake.

But it also DOES make sense.

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts
It still should be considered an exclusive in the console war as long as its not on the XBOX 360. Just like Gears, ME, Left 4 Dead, etc should be considered 360 exclusives in the console war.
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 horrowhip

Well i just checked throguh all the games SCEA and SCE/WWS Published and not one of almost 700 has been on a another system outside the playstation brand except one. Locoroco for mobile.

MassiveKaos

Sony Online Entertainment has release tons.

Sony's online heavy games traditionally have been released on the PC. I am not talking multiplayer stuff or whatever. But games where online drives the community and the experience.

This would only be a good thing. I BET if this is true, there would be some sort of sharing cross platform.

Bigger community = better for LBP.

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 darthogre
[QUOTE="darthogre"]

horrowhip

Sony has some good reasons to release it on the PC.

The game itself is a huge risk financially.

Putting it on 2 platforms makes sense.

And the fact that it is a very online oriented game where creativity is a central point, it fits well on the PC.

I wouldn't count out the possbility of it being true.

lol at your "huge risk financially".

Sony made a machine that was like $800 and sold it for $500/$600 when it launched. It has failed in sales overall because of the lack of games. MGS4 releases and proved it could move consoles when you get a quality exclusive. Now you are saying a game that has actually gotten MORE praise than MGS4 is just too risky to release it on PS3 only? You do understand Sony decided NOT to pay for 3rd party game exclusives specifically because of their 1st party lineup.

The game is going to sale millons with or without the PC so the only question is whether the game can move PS3's. If it releases on the PC, the answer is a big no. They risk losing more if it goes to PC.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 horrowhip
lol at your "huge risk financially".

Sony made a machine that was like $800 and sold it for $500/$600 when it launched. It has failed in sales overall because of the lack of games. MGS4 releases and proved it could move consoles when you get a quality exclusive. Now you are saying a game that has actually gotten MORE praise than MGS4 is just too risky to release it on PS3 only? You do understand Sony decided NOT to pay for 3rd party game exclusives specifically because of their 1st party lineup.

The game is going to sale millons with or without the PC so the only question is whether the game can move PS3's. If it releases on the PC, the answer is a big no. They risk losing more if it goes to PC.

darthogre

You have NO proof that an unproven game can push systems.

Nobody outside of the gaming community even knows the game exists right now...

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MassiveKaos
[QUOTE="MassiveKaos"]

horrowhip

Sony Online Entertainment has release tons.

Sony's online heavy games traditionally have been released on the PC. I am not talking multiplayer stuff or whatever. But games where online drives the community and the experience.

This would only be a good thing. I BET if this is true, there would be some sort of sharing cross platform.

Bigger community = better for LBP.

Sony Online Entertainment isnt publishing this game
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 darthogre
Too bad display boxarts are distributed by Sony, not retailers.

horrowhip

What difference does it make WHERE it came from? Until it's announced this is a mistake. And NO it doesn't make any sense for LBP going to the PC and remove one of the top 2 exclusives they have this 4th qtr. It only makes sense to you because you want it to be true. Sony has never released one of their console games to any other platform, this will be no different.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
It probably a mistake, but if it does come to PC, then I going to be very excited!
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 horrowhip
[QUOTE="horrowhip"]Too bad display boxarts are distributed by Sony, not retailers.

darthogre

What difference does it make WHERE it came from? Until it's announced this is a mistake. And NO it doesn't make any sense for LBP going to the PC and remove one of the top 2 exclusives they have this 4th qtr. It only makes sense to you because you want it to be true. Sony has never released one of their console games to any other platform, this will be no different.

fair enough...

I do really want this to be true.

Beastfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Beastfrog
Member since 2007 • 405 Posts
IF it does come out for PC then I hope PS3 players can play maps made on PC and vice versa.
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 3picuri3

darthogre

heh, I see some denial here.

if this is true, and I think it is, i predicted it close to 2 years ago. all the cows were like NO WAI!! but yes wai.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#34 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
I'll wait for an official announcement. One of my local gamestop's had fake FFVII remake boxes up two years ago.
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 3picuri3
[QUOTE="horrowhip"]Too bad display boxarts are distributed by Sony, not retailers.

darthogre

problem here with your logic is that Sony is a business. exclusives only please a small number of fanboys (marginal market). putting LBP on PC however (very LBP friendly environment) could = massive revenue that would drastically outweigh any chagrined fanboys saying 'omg sony, keep exclusifs or i no bai gaims'.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts
Platformers are not my thing; I'm far more interested in the sort of customisation Spore offers than this.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#37 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
That would be a shocking turn of events for LBP.
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 darthogre

I'll remember all of this because it seems a lot of Lems and hermits want this game based on this mistake. So when it doesn't go to the PC, it'll be very intresting how suddenly the game sucks again.

and lol at the "if it releases on the PC = massive revenue"............marginal market to you is possibly selling millions to PS3 owners? Who is the fanboy here?

This has nothing to do with fanboys as I don't care if they port it or not. I'm just saying everything they have stated about focusing on their platform 1st party exclusives is why they didn't go for 3rd party exclusives........they thought their first party lineup was so strong they didn't need 3rd party exclusvies anymore. Now you are telling me they are just going to release the game that has been praised more than anyother exclusive they've had to the PC? Again, it doesn't make sense unless you are some Lem or Hermit dying to play it and won't buy a PS3......if I was in your shoes maybe this all makes sense. Reality hits you once you take off the fanboy glasses.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 3picuri3

I'll remember all of this because it seems a lot of Lems and hermits want this game based on this mistake. So when it doesn't go to the PC, it'll be very intresting how suddenly the game sucks again.

and lol at the "if it releases on the PC = massive revenue"............marginal market to you is possibly selling millions to PS3 owners? Who is the fanboy here?

This has nothing to do with fanboys as I don't care if they port it or not. I'm just saying everything they have stated about focusing on their platform 1st party exclusives is why they didn't go for 3rd party exclusives........they thought their first party lineup was so strong they didn't need 3rd party exclusvies anymore. Now you are telling me they are just going to release the game that has been praised more than anyother exclusive they've had to the PC? Again, it doesn't make sense unless you are some Lem or Hermit dying to play it and won't buy a PS3......if I was in your shoes maybe this all makes sense. Reality hits you once you take off the fanboy glasses.

darthogre

funny watching you rant about fanboys whilst making a sweeping generalization. you know what that makes you?

i was always excited for LBP, just wasn't enough for me to justify keeping my PS3 (no i don't like mgs, final fantasy, gt, drakes, hs, kz, etc, etc.) so this would be a huge boon for me having it on PC and would make me feel zero regret for selling the dusty behemoth.

and if you can't see the difference between fanboy exclusive carebears and the 'real' gaming market I QQ for you. if you are a carebear, you don't influence the market. millions will still buy LBP on PS3 if it goes to PC, only a handful of carebears won't. that's where the extra revenue comes into play. if you can't understand that I can't help ya. but I won't reduce myself to your level and call you a fanboy ;) i think your last post speaks volumes :P

AtrumRegina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AtrumRegina
Member since 2008 • 1584 Posts
media molecule used to do PC games before...
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 3picuri3

i'll throw the exclusive carebears a bone.

it was said long long ago that LBP would have a PC based editor for people that don't like controllers. you could then use a memory card to import data to the PS3.

the box could just be saying it comes with PC DVD media, and PS3.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

darthogre

Can LBP make something like this?

I don't see what people think they are losing if we don't get LBP.

darthogre

Marginal market? Why don't you actually compare the PS3 install base to PC gaming? LBP is a casual orientated; low spec game, that type of audience on PC is very large.

darthogre

This is something I'm going to have to agree with you on, Sony has zero stake in the PC gaming market; if they have any influence over this game they will want to keep it exclusive.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

What does hermits have to do with this?

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 darthogre
[QUOTE="darthogre"]

3picuri3

funny watching you rant about fanboys whilst making a sweeping generalization. you know what that makes you?

i was always excited for LBP, just wasn't enough for me to justify keeping my PS3 (no i don't like mgs, final fantasy, gt, drakes, hs, kz, etc, etc.) so this would be a huge boon for me having it on PC and would make me feel zero regret for selling the dusty behemoth.

you owned a PS3.....yeah and Bill Gates secretly plays the PS3 when he goes home. Somehow you decided to purchase the PS3 when you don't like stealth, action adventure, 3rd person shooters, 1st person shooters, role playing games, ect... What the hell kind of game were you expecting exactly? You're telling me you couldn't find any game with all those multiplats and exclusives? If I didn't like those types of games I would probably just buy a Wii and play WiiFitt or WiiMusic....is that the kind of person you are? If so why would you even consider the PS3?

It's funny when people get called out, suddenly it's "no, ahhh, I've owned that console before so I know its the suxers....i just had to sell it because it suxs with the game lineup".

MysticDynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#45 MysticDynamite
Member since 2006 • 2013 Posts

If that's real, that would be awesome.

I honestly don't want to shell out more money for a PS3, and I already have a nice little gaming machine, so this would be awesome.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

How is this desperate? The TC is just stating what the article says, you're the one who sounds desperate to me, damage control much?

RickLemieux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RickLemieux
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts
I'd love to have it come to the PC under "GAMES FOR WINDOWS", just to see the reaction of cows. I know it won't happen, but it would be funny! If it came to PC, I would check it out. It looks like a really good experience, not enough for me to get another PS3, as I sold mine after E3.
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 3picuri3
[QUOTE="3picuri3"][QUOTE="darthogre"]

darthogre

you owned a PS3.....yeah and Bill Gates secretly plays the PS3 when he goes home. Somehow you decided to purchase the PS3 when you don't like stealth, action adventure, 3rd person shooters, 1st person shooters, role playing games, ect... What the hell kind of game were you expecting exactly? You're telling me you couldn't find any game with all those multiplats and exclusives? If I didn't like those types of games I would probably just buy a Wii and play WiiFitt or WiiMusic....is that the kind of person you are? If so why would you even consider the PS3?

It's funny when people get called out, suddenly it's "no, ahhh, I've owned that console before so I know its the suxers....i just had to sell it because it suxs with the game lineup".

wow. you really don't climb high up the ladder before taking swings do you, lol. i normally don't reply to people that act like you do, but here it goes.

i did own a PS3, got it at launch because I bought into the Sony hype. I was excited for titles like Lair, LBP, The Agency (have a friend working on it) White Knight too looked interesting (even if it was announced post launch). I gave it too much credit basically, I figured it would be like PS2 and I'd have a buffet of games to feast on. Never happened.

now here's the first problem. Lair sucked. LBP was delayed FAR past it's original estimated delivery date. The Agency too has been delayed. White Knight too, is now in 2009 instead of the original 2008 estimate. All other titles I had vague interest in are delayed too.

now here's the second problem. I also have a PC/360/Wii which made it really hard to justify keeping the PS3 around when all the games I thought I'd be playing in 2007/8 are pushed to 2009. so i made a wise decision and sold it before the first price drop to get good trade-in value to fund my gaming on other consoles.

now on to your other weak generalizations (which is what most people without real arguments use). i do like stealth shooters, i hate the MGS universe, the cheeseball writing, the stupid cutscenes. i do like rpgs, just not the newer final fantasy games (anything 7 or under i still adore) because they lack the soul they used to have imo. IMO. i like action adventure, i just hated the mediocrity and uber short length and lack of replay that came with HS and Drake's. i like 3rd person shooters, but again, Drake's sucked IMO. it was casual tripe eyecandy. i like first person shooters, but killzone looks like a been there done that dog-and-pony show that blatantly rips off other great shooters that i adore (and to be perfectly honest i have my fill of shooters right now, i don't need another fps for a long long long time, they're not even on my list of wanted games). multiplats, well i have all the other consoles so why buy them on my PS3.

it's funny when people like you assume the world is black and white and clear cut. it's funny when you try to jam these round pegs into square holes just because you can't fathom the reality of the situation - that everyone is different in their own ways, and that everyone has their OWN reasons for doing things.

i have never been a fanboy for any system but Sony, and that was last gen, and I learned how stupid I was when I grew up and played the games for the other systems and enjoyed the hell out of them.

now please, get off your ignorant high-horse and stop putting people into boxes because they don't fit with your 'version of things'. you're just making yourself look foolish.

Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts
At this moment in time there are only 2 games that keep me from abandoning my PS3 altogether. LBP and Final Fantasy. I personally don't think it will go PC.
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts
Ouch, looks like all that "why own a 360 if you have PC" talk came back to bite the cows in the arse :lol: