Little Big Planet isn't fun

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JackDaniels121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JackDaniels121
Member since 2008 • 362 Posts
So I got Little Big Planet a couple of days ago. I really wanted to like it, although I didn't indulge myself into all the hype nearly as much as some people here, and now I've come to the conclusion that although the creation aspect is awesome, the actual core gameplay straight up sucks. I can't say I've played a level that I've really had fun with. For the most part, it's been more of "oh, look that's (whatever) character" or "you got this in LBP!? Neat". It doesn't get its thrill off of "wow this is fun to play"
MasteRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MasteRich
Member since 2006 • 479 Posts
Nice, I have an opinion too. LPB is the best game ever.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

So I got Little Big Planet a couple of days ago. I really wanted to like it, although I didn't indulge myself into all the hype nearly as much as some people here, and now I've come to the conclusion that although the creation aspect is awesome, the actual core gameplay straight up sucks. I can't say I've played a level that I've really had fun with. For the most part, it's been more of "oh, look that's (whatever) character" or "you got this in LBP!? Neat". It doesn't get its thrill off of "wow this is fun to play" JackDaniels121

TC, go back and play a few platformers. I don't know what you were expecting...

Avatar image for SnakePS360Gamer
SnakePS360Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SnakePS360Gamer
Member since 2008 • 822 Posts
PSN please. Also the reviews and majority of LBP owners disagree with you.
JackDaniels121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JackDaniels121

[QUOTE="JackDaniels121"]So I got Little Big Planet a couple of days ago. I really wanted to like it, although I didn't indulge myself into all the hype nearly as much as some people here, and now I've come to the conclusion that although the creation aspect is awesome, the actual core gameplay straight up sucks. I can't say I've played a level that I've really had fun with. For the most part, it's been more of "oh, look that's (whatever) character" or "you got this in LBP!? Neat". It doesn't get its thrill off of "wow this is fun to play" SolidTy

Well thats not a good counterpoint- earthworm jim sort of would debunk your statement.

it's just the gameplay itself is just what i feared most- you just go from side to side, it's not very satisfying.

SnakePS360Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SnakePS360Gamer
You posted like two times outside of this thread and ignored my post. PSN ID please?
JackDaniels121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JackDaniels121

^ quicksilverpr

i dont see how that matters though, I could say it's XTy in reality?

(that's solidty's)

Evolved_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Evolved_One
Member since 2007 • 596 Posts
take a picture of lbp with your gs username next to it.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts

take a picture of lbp with your gs username next to it.Evolved_One

>_> Some people don't have cameras you know.

SnakePS360Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SnakePS360Gamer
Stop with the harassment. You'll most likely end up getting owned
JackDaniels121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JackDaniels121

[QUOTE="Evolved_One"]take a picture of lbp with your gs username next to it.Tulak_Hord

Do I have to? I already did something like this, but that was with my wii and then i had to do it with my pc another time (although that easier as it's all something i can do on the computer)

xXMcClaneXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xXMcClaneXx
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts
everyone is allowed an opinion.....but it's hard for me to see how anyone could think that LBP isn't fun
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

dude is probably a casual gamer who cant sit at his tv for 8 hours creating a level, and thats ok. It doesnt seem to me like LPB is a game for the masses, but people will disagree saying sackboy is cute, and everyone loves him. outside of forums, and gaming jouranlists people arent/werent anticipating this game. unlike GEOW, Halo, MGSIV, Mario.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
If you played alone, I guess it makes sense, but I've never solo'd, so I woulden't know, always have a sibling or friend over to play, so I'm covered for fun any time.
JackDaniels121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JackDaniels121
no, I have created a couple levels, but id much rather be playing online. I don't go in forge to create levels in halo much, althoguh i have, when i use forge it's just to feel around and squish people with boxes
fakecliche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fakecliche
Member since 2008 • 668 Posts
I find it to be very fun. Oh well, to each their own.
Masterx1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Masterx1220
Member since 2005 • 2426 Posts
everyone is allowed an opinion.....but it's hard for me to see how anyone could think that LBP isn't funxXMcClaneXx
I agree with you one million percent
Newsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 Newsboy
Member since 2004 • 6534 Posts

I kind of feel the same way you do TC but...no game is for everybody and I don't think it's bad I just keep hearing how it's INCREDIBLE!!!!! from everyone else and I'm like, yeah it's fun but not the kind of fun I'd prefer to be having right now. Anywho, I keep rolling through it little by little hoping I get to the INCREDIBLE!!!!! eventually. If I never feel it, no biggie, it was only money.

DivinitySkate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 DivinitySkate
Member since 2008 • 485 Posts

[QUOTE="Evolved_One"]take a picture of lbp with your gs username next to it.SnakePS360Gamer

Wow that's hypocritical tell people to not harass while your spamming him to give you his PSN maybe he doesn't want to give you his PSN...

BTBAM127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BTBAM127
Member since 2006 • 2522 Posts

just because he has a negitive opinion about a popular game doesnt mean he is lying.

Newsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 Newsboy
Member since 2004 • 6534 Posts
Also I should note for everyone that I've heard this game is better with local MP and I've only ever played it solo soooooo my perspective has been limited.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

Also I should note for everyone that I've heard this game is better with local MP and I've only ever played it solo soooooo my perspective has been limited.Newsboy

Ya, I give up pretty fast when I play alone, so I just find free time when I can play with someone else, the experiance is definatly multiplied.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 epic_pets
Member since 2008 • 5598 Posts
I think its great fun.
Evolved_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Evolved_One
Member since 2007 • 596 Posts

[QUOTE="Tulak_Hord"]

[QUOTE="Evolved_One"]take a picture of lbp with your gs username next to it.JackDaniels121

Do I have to? I already did something like this, but that was with my wii and then i had to do it with my pc another time (although that easier as it's all something i can do on the computer)

Just do it.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts
I agree - playing as Sackboy just isn't fun. And yes I have played the game and I own it, but I haven't played it for a while. Been going back to my 360.
footfoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 footfoe2
Member since 2007 • 3014 Posts
ah whats wrong you can't jump or something? Do you not get it or something?
DivinitySkate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 DivinitySkate

ah whats wrong you can't jump or something? Do you not get it or something?footfoe2

Maybe he can't seeing the jumping physics are terrible i played the beta not actual game and when i jumped i floated not jumped...even mario does a better job.

footfoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 footfoe2

[QUOTE="footfoe2"]ah whats wrong you can't jump or something? Do you not get it or something?DivinitySkate

Maybe he can't seeing the jumping physics are terrible i played the beta not actual game and when i jumped i floated not jumped...even mario does a better job.

Um thats havok for you basicly every game does that, besides sackboy is what an inch heigh i i'd expect him to float a bit
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

you bought a game before reading about it? amazing.

i tend to care when i drop $60.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

[QUOTE="Evolved_One"]take a picture of lbp with your gs username next to it.BTBAM127

just because he has a negitive opinion about a popular game doesnt mean he is lying.

Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
true
footfoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 footfoe2
TC, do you not have the sound on or something? The music alone makes this game awe inspiring.
Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts

dude is probably a casual gamer who cant sit at his tv for 8 hours creating a level, and thats ok. It doesnt seem to me like LPB is a game for the masses, but people will disagree saying sackboy is cute, and everyone loves him. outside of forums, and gaming jouranlists people arent/werent anticipating this game. unlike GEOW, Halo, MGSIV, Mario.

Fizzman

Sitting for 8 hours creating a level isn't Hardcore, it is extremely pathetic.

JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts

Well I think Little Big Planet is fun.

My opinion is worthless, and so is yours :|

fjburgos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fjburgos
Member since 2008 • 681 Posts

[QUOTE="JackDaniels121"]So I got Little Big Planet a couple of days ago. I really wanted to like it, although I didn't indulge myself into all the hype nearly as much as some people here, and now I've come to the conclusion that although the creation aspect is awesome, the actual core gameplay straight up sucks. I can't say I've played a level that I've really had fun with. For the most part, it's been more of "oh, look that's (whatever) character" or "you got this in LBP!? Neat". It doesn't get its thrill off of "wow this is fun to play" SolidTy

SnakePS360Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SnakePS360Gamer

[QUOTE="SnakePS360Gamer"][QUOTE="Evolved_One"]take a picture of lbp with your gs username next to it.DivinitySkate

Wow that's hypocritical tell people to not harass while your spamming him to give you his PSN maybe he doesn't want to give you his PSN...

I only asked for it because he made two threads earlier which made me think he was a lemming. He posted his PSN with no arguments or bs'ing. So there was no need to ask for pics.
Kiljoy66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kiljoy66
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts
Eh, all I can say is that it sucks to be you, you said you played it solo, so did I, to get the aces and complete what I could solo, but the game truly shines with 1-3 other people running around with you, have you tried it online?
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Weird considering me and my brother just finished playing for like 2 hours straight and were laughing so hard our eyes started to water....

I have to say having your life put in someone elses hands can produce some of the best LOLS!

xXMcClaneXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xXMcClaneXx
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts
[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Dr_Snood

Sitting for 8 hours creating a level isn't Hardcore, it is extremely pathetic.

if you enjoy what your doing....and end up being proud of the end product how in the world is that pathetic....i've spent upwards of 30 hours on some of my art studio projects .... and while time consuming, i don't see how that is by any means pathetic....based on some of the great levels some users have created i would consider LBP almost a it's own art form

if you enjoy it.... do it

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

So I got Little Big Planet a couple of days ago. I really wanted to like it, although I didn't indulge myself into all the hype nearly as much as some people here, and now I've come to the conclusion that although the creation aspect is awesome, the actual core gameplay straight up sucks. I can't say I've played a level that I've really had fun with. For the most part, it's been more of "oh, look that's (whatever) character" or "you got this in LBP!? Neat". It doesn't get its thrill off of "wow this is fun to play" JackDaniels121

Sorry to hear that TC :( Hopefully the next game you buy will be more to your liking :)

gameruk2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gameruk2010
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts

I agree - playing as Sackboy just isn't fun. And yes I have played the game and I own it, but I haven't played it for a while. Been going back to my 360.AHUGECAT

Suuuuure

JCblueside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JCblueside
Member since 2005 • 14529 Posts
Sucks for you, we are enjoying LBP and your not enjoying it - who do you think should have the problem?
Jillian11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jillian11
Member since 2008 • 530 Posts

It's a game and you're entitled to your own opinion. :) I don't have this game but I have a few questions, can you import your pictures in the game? Are there limits to how much you can build? And, is it hard to play? Like are the levels hard to get through? Thank you! :)

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
I completely disagree. I find it to be one of the most whimsical and enjoyable games I have played in recent memory.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

It's a game and you're entitled to your own opinion. :) I don't have this game but I have a few questions, can you import your pictures in the game? Are there limits to how much you can build? And, is it hard to play? Like are the levels hard to get through? Thank you! :)

Jillian11

You will be able to import pictures by Christmas according to Media Molecule. As of now, you can take pictures with the Playstation Eye and use them.

You can build quite alot. I think there is a limit of 3 levels that you can publish at a time though. (You can build alot more than 3 and keep them on your HDD, but you can only share three at a time over PSN *I could be off with the number three but I think that is the right number)

And some levels are challenging, others are simple. Some user created levels just have you get on a vehicle and they play music, some require tons of timing and thinking.

It does a great job of giving players of any skill something to do, and user made levels have been nothing if not amazingly creative so far.

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
I think it's great fun, isn't too easy, isn't too hard. Im not even buying it for the level editor, im just buying it so I can enjoy everyone elses levels. Decent side scrolling gameplay + infinite levels = win.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

I agree with you 100%. My friends kept telling me how an awesome game it was. I wasnt going to buy it but they talked me into into. I dont think ive played a game that boring in a while. The only fun i had was holding the L and R buttons and make sackboy dance.

gdp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gdp72
Member since 2007 • 1270 Posts
The 2nd best overall rated exclusive thus far disagrees with you!;)
Avatar image for Gaming_Guru_Guy
Gaming_Guru_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gaming_Guru_Guy

LBP has not been fun since beta. The game is just another overhyped under performing title. The platforming is crap in it and the level editor will appeal to only the truly hardcore meaning the masses will not bother with it. The game is mediocre at best.

Avatar image for Gaming_Guru_Guy
Gaming_Guru_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Gaming_Guru_Guy

The 2nd best overall rated exclusive thus far disagrees with you!;)gdp72

Keep letting other people tell you what's good;)