Lemming here! I am forced to buy a Wii or go to the dog house.

• 41 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 YourExpert
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts
I'm 27 and have been with my girl for over seven years. Yes I am the same guy who made the excercise thread yesterday. What I have learned in my years is ALWAYS TRY TO KEEP THE WOMAN HAPPY. Trust me on this one. I tried to convince her that we didn't need a Wii, We can play Dance Dance Revolution on the 360. She wanted no part of it and actually got a little pissed that I tried to change "our" plans. I told her that I would go half in on her for a Wii, xtra controller, and 3 games before xmas.. I figured she would of forgotten. Oh no, she did not.

To avoid being in the dog house, I am going to have to pay my part and hopefully like it.
samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts
lol at the "our" plans bit.
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts
Well the games I would suggest for you are happy feet, open season and the ant bully. enjoy!
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Well, the 360 is not a machine that well rounded for casual female gamers, even I knew that.

I have seen some very selfish guys just not care, but they aren't allowed to play games at certain times, due to the females complaining they don't spend enough time with them.

Good for you, you woke up and realized the 360 doesn't cater to everyone the way the PS2 did.

Just so you know, the Wii doesn't have a lot of games, so she will get dissappointed after awhile, however a PS2 will keep her busy for years. Of Course, the Wii will eventually get more games up here alley, so it's a safe bet, as all the 360 can do is alienate her.

t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
Looks like she's got you pretty well roped and tied. Good man.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

the girl the boss of you :lol:

your calling yourself a man by saying you dont need a wii

you can get it just dont Use the system

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

If you are planing to get the Wii to play games together I would go for....

Wiiplay comming out on the 14th

Rayman

and Mario Party comes out next month

iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 iunderstand
Oh, and some more advice. If you don't want to get the console all you have to say is "Honey, we don't need video games when we have each other!". It works like a charm! Trust me. ;)
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
Cripe, you have a girl demanding you buy a new video game system! Nice problem to have! Its not like she's demanding you buy all seasons of Desperate Housewives or cancel your Football ticket!
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wavebrid

Oh, and some more advice. If you don't want to get the console all you have to say is "Honey, we don't need video games when we have each other!". It works like a charm! Trust me. ;)iunderstand

trust me he not 27 he wouldnt bash a system wii if he 27 next why would a gorwn man waste his time on a fourm?

specially since system wars

Angarah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Angarah
Member since 2006 • 1281 Posts
Never let a girl define who you are. If she loves you, she knows this is important to you, then you can just talk to her...
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#14 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

My girl stopped play XBL Arcade games the day I bought a Wii.

Chick digs NIntendo games.

YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 YourExpert
She wants WarioWare Smooth Moves, Raymond Rabbits, and DDR.  I just want Zelda.  She can't use regular controllers because "I can't control them right" 
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
better to play the wii with your woman than not get your wii played by your woman for a long time. ;)
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts
I'm sure you'll be able to find THREE games you like for the Wii. . .
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Well, the 360 is not a machine that well rounded for casual female gamers, even I knew that.SolidTy
I agree with you to a point. My ex-g/f like playing Geometry Wars and Hexic. But other than that, there really is nothing there, Viva Pinata would have been THE game to break the stigma, too bad Microsoft didn't market it.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

She wants WarioWare Smooth Moves, Raymond Rabbits, and DDR.  I just want Zelda.  She can't use regular controllers because "I can't control them right" YourExpert

You can play Mario DDR on the Wii also and the new DDR comming out sounds great. Rayman a blast I had so much fun playing it I put down Zelda untill I had beat Rayman.

V_Zarnold_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 V_Zarnold_N
Member since 2006 • 1272 Posts

wii purchase because your g/f has you by the balls.... ouch hopefully you enjoy the system

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

[QUOTE="iunderstand"]Oh, and some more advice. If you don't want to get the console all you have to say is "Honey, we don't need video games when we have each other!". It works like a charm! Trust me. ;)Jandurin

trust me he not 27 he wouldnt bash a system wii if he 27 next why would a gorwn man waste his time on a fourm?

Hey. I'm 24, I waste plenty of time here! Mostly time at work, though.

there a huge diffrence :P  i never seen your troll system wars or any other board

iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 iunderstand

[QUOTE="iunderstand"]Oh, and some more advice. If you don't want to get the console all you have to say is "Honey, we don't need video games when we have each other!". It works like a charm! Trust me. ;)wavebrid

Well I was actually being sarcastic. If he actually said that his wife would likely throw his 360 out the window.
shaggymcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shaggymcp
Member since 2003 • 2896 Posts

Well the games I would suggest for you are happy feet, open season and the ant bully. enjoy!iunderstand

That made me :lol: alot ! thx.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]Well, the 360 is not a machine that well rounded for casual female gamers, even I knew that.DaysAirlines
I agree with you to a point. My ex-g/f like playing Geometry Wars and Hexic. But other than that, there really is nothing there, Viva Pinata would have been THE game to break the stigma, too bad Microsoft didn't market it.

I noticed the same with my girl, Geometry Wars, Hexic, and Viva Pinata...but in the end, those were just substitute games for what she really wanted. They were something to play, but she didn't love them as much as she loved Mario, Sims, Jak, Zelda, Champions of Norrath, and other puzzlers. There just isn't enough there at this time.

Even the old Xbox suffered in that category as well.

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
"my wife wanted a wii, and I didn't want to buy a wii...  So we compromised and bought a Wii."

Now maybe she'll won't be hogging the 360 all the time.
Meat_Wad_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Meat_Wad_Fan
Member since 2002 • 9054 Posts
I would be so happy to give my girl a video game console for a present, as long as it wasn't a PS3, because then she would be a noob.
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 iunderstand
I would be so happy to give my girl a video game console for a present, as long as it wasn't a PS3, because then she would be a noob.Meat_Wad_Fan
Mine doesn't consider video games related things present worthy but I'm expected to buy them for her either way so you could have it worse.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]Well, the 360 is not a machine that well rounded for casual female gamers, even I knew that.SolidTy

I noticed the same with my girl, Geometry Wars, Hexic, and Viva Pinata...but in the end, those were just substitute games for what she really wanted. They were something to play, but she didn't love them as much as she loved Mario, Sims, Jak, Zelda, Champions of Norrath, and other puzzlers. There just isn't enough there at this time.

Whoa your girlfriend actually sounds like a gamer. My ex/gf was not a gamer at all.
Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts
Have her pay for 100% of the Wii and go put it on your old TV. The woman should be far more concerned about keeping the man happy!
camzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 camzaman
Member since 2005 • 2124 Posts

Well, the 360 is not a machine that well rounded for casual female gamers, even I knew that.

I have seen some very selfish guys just not care, but they aren't allowed to play games at certain times, due to the females complaining they don't spend enough time with them.

Good for you, you woke up and realized the 360 doesn't cater to everyone the way the PS2 did.

Just so you know, the Wii doesn't have a lot of games, so she will get dissappointed after awhile, however a PS2 will keep her busy for years. Of Course, the Wii will eventually get more games up here alley, so it's a safe bet, as all the 360 can do is alienate her.

SolidTy
Wii has plenty of games to keep a casual female occupied for years. Wii Sports, Rayman, Monkeyball, Wario Ware, Mario Party? That would last someone who rarely plays games a very long time.
YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 YourExpert
[QUOTE="Khansoul"]Have her pay for 100% of the Wii and go put it on your old TV. The woman should be far more concerned about keeping the man happy!Jandurin
Yeah, that's how it works. :roll: Note the eye-rolling, implying sarcasm.

khansoul has never had a woman.  Also, I do still have my lovely 360 so no loss.  I'll buy DDR for the 360 because of the enhanced visuals and whatever else they throw in.
fartgorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fartgorilla
Member since 2005 • 785 Posts
Wii Sports should not be underestimated...that's probably what my gf plays most, since we discovered the fitness and training modes. Rayman and Wario Ware are wierd and funny. She loves those, too. Dude, she's even entertained just making Miis! Trust me, it's worth $125 to watch her flail around and generally have a great time.
Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Khansoul

[QUOTE="Khansoul"]Have her pay for 100% of the Wii and go put it on your old TV. The woman should be far more concerned about keeping the man happy!Jandurin

The sarcasm was lost on me since that is actually how it works!

Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Khansoul

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Khansoul"]Have her pay for 100% of the Wii and go put it on your old TV. The woman should be far more concerned about keeping the man happy!YourExpert

khansoul has never had a woman.  Also, I do still have my lovely 360 so no loss.  I'll buy DDR for the 360 because of the enhanced visuals and whatever else they throw in.

:lol: My Wife would have to disagree! oh and nice Gamertag what are you 15?

iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 iunderstand
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Khansoul"]Have her pay for 100% of the Wii and go put it on your old TV. The woman should be far more concerned about keeping the man happy!YourExpert

Don't waste your money on enhanced visuals for something like DDR since you're staring at arrows the entire game. At most they'd add different dances and songs.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]Well, the 360 is not a machine that well rounded for casual female gamers, even I knew that.DaysAirlines

Whoa your girlfriend actually sounds like a gamer. My ex/gf was not a gamer at all.

She really wasn't. She never touched the things before me, but Champions she would only play WITH ME, never singleplayer, Zelda and Jak as long as We took turns and I played WITH HER, and Mario, Puzzlers, and Sims she would do without me.

Still, I did my work converting her to where she's at...

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

camzaman

Wii has plenty of games to keep a casual female occupied for years. Wii Sports, Rayman, Monkeyball, Wario Ware, Mario Party? That would last someone who rarely plays games a very long time.

No, I have a Wii, and she doens't like Wii Sports or Rayman (I liked Rayman though.). Monkey ball is Bleh, and Wario Ware is the only one she will even touch...Mario Party isn't even Close to out yet...

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
[QUOTE="YourExpert"]She wants WarioWare Smooth Moves, Raymond Rabbits, and DDR.  I just want Zelda.  She can't use regular controllers because "I can't control them right" Jandurin
W/E. Zelda is fun, and lasts a long while, Wario Ware controls extremely well, DDR - can't wait, and RRR is okay, not great imo.

I'm Recomending Trauma Center Second Opinion it is really fun.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Wow... that's sad when you let your own fanboyism control you, and would not shell out the money to cater to your girlfriend just to bye her a Wii. :| "OMG I bought teh Wii! :cry: I supported Nintendo! Now I'm forced to play it! :cry: " If you don't wanna, don't play it. Let her have it then, if you feel so much as "disgusted" to play the Wii when she asks you to, perhaps you should try and find someone else.
laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

You'll be happy to have a Wii when Super Paper Mario comes out in April

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#44 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
I'm 27 and have been with my girl for over seven years. Yes I am the same guy who made the excercise thread yesterday. What I have learned in my years is ALWAYS TRY TO KEEP THE WOMAN HAPPY. Trust me on this one. I tried to convince her that we didn't need a Wii, We can play Dance Dance Revolution on the 360. She wanted no part of it and actually got a little pissed that I tried to change "our" plans. I told her that I would go half in on her for a Wii, xtra controller, and 3 games before xmas.. I figured she would of forgotten. Oh no, she did not.

To avoid being in the dog house, I am going to have to pay my part and hopefully like it.
YourExpert

Financially, at least it isn't the powerhouse known as the PS3...:D...Lasting...??? I'm 17 and I find it difficult to swing air for the 4-8 years for a Wii...swinging that same air...yeah...I'm sorry for you...hopefully the Wii will make some game that lets you do something besides play with air...but how? :D That's right, they'll just give up after seven good games.
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 shadow_lord_11
Member since 2004 • 20792 Posts
lol bs. girls dont exist.

nice try fakeboy.
ish_gibbor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#47 ish_gibbor
Member since 2004 • 1717 Posts
why doesn't anyone every mention trama center?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Wow... I would give up video gaming to be with a girl... :|
coolviper2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 coolviper2003
Member since 2003 • 1915 Posts
It's really not a bad console, you might actually have some fun to boot.