Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1848 Posts

Nah, just kidding, PC only, you dirty console farm workers :D Day One for me

Warcraft 3 is considered the best RTS of all times, and one of GOATs.

Can't wait to watch Korean PRO matches lol

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

They need to fire this blizzard leader. Absolute zero effort trash.

Call me up when they decide to push Warcraft 4 out with AAA budget that actually looks like they cared even for 2 seconds.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Was looking at buying the original the other day, will definitely hold out now.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

This is just a low effort cash in.... Dune style RTS have been on the down-turn for years.... even Starcraft 2 couldn't save the this sub-genre of Strategy games, unless your an esport fanatic they are just simple repetitive to their core. Even mods won't save this because there are pleanty of alternatives now.

Yet another fine example of modern blizzard. Mobile games and trash-level effort remasters.

I'm sure it will sell, but it will be a unmemorable short term distraction.

That combined with WoW Classic alpha/beta having "Phasing" evidence in the Deadmines area just goes to show that the current Staff just don't have a clue... Phasing is shit.

This got more cheer than the entire main event.

Loading Video...

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I loved Warcraft 3 (I hope it comes with the world editor?) but I was kinda hoping for a Warcraft 4!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59332 Posts

It still looks like a game from 15 years ago.

Probably expensive as hell as well.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

Jeez with all the money they got from Warcraft games you'd think they make a new game by now. I think any game they make now they want it on consoles for more sales, this remaster was built for PC and the only reason its still PC because they couldn't dumb it down enough for console.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Already knew there was no console version planned, and while I used to be a fan of those games like Warcraft and StarCraft, these days I don't play much RTS titles. This type of game is played by hardcore people mostly, you need to know your hotkeys well and be very quick with your strategies. I played a ton of StarCraft & at some point I just lost motivation, so many good people out there.

These days when I play pvp online I much prefer it be with an action type of game, where your reflexes and good hand-to-eye coordination are the main determining factors of your performance. Yeah you need to be quick in RTS games I know that but you control the units indirectly mostly, I am talking more about arcade style gameplay. It is why I enjoy playing games like Forza Horizon 4 online so much.

But I would have liked to pay the single player campaign, they had a great story campaign in StarCraft I remember, awesome cutscenes. But whatever I still have to go through Halo Wars 2 and it has a fun campaign, gameplay not nearly as deep but that's ok, I don't really play this genre much more. Looks pretty good though.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#9 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Holy moly. Day one. Loved this game.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Played through the original again a couple of months back so I'm not fussed about a remaster.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9434 Posts

Trouble is: as far as RTS games go, Supreme Commander FA is so far ahead of everything else.

Blizzards RTS games have always felt....limited in scope. I was into Warcraft 2/3 back in the day, but I don't think I want to replay them these days.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Todays fast food culture does not have the patience or the discipline to handle a new RTS. So they are instead cashing in on the nostalgia card of everyone who played WC3. Mobas are casual RTS.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

@Gatygun said:

Call me up when they decide to push Warcraft 4 out with AAA budget that actually looks like they cared even for 2 seconds.

@PCgameruk said:

Jeez with all the money they got from Warcraft games you'd think they make a new game by now. I think any game they make now they want it on consoles for more sales, this remaster was built for PC and the only reason its still PC because they couldn't dumb it down enough for console.

@KungfuKitten said:

I loved Warcraft 3 (I hope it comes with the world editor?) but I was kinda hoping for a Warcraft 4!

The story of WC3 has been continued in WoW for many, many years now. The chance of getting WC4 is slim at best, and the chance of getting a continuation of WC3's story is zero at this point. Can't say I'm surprise cause this is all Blizzard can do at this point, making WC3 Remastered is all they can do lol.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@ivangrozny: "Warcraft 3 is considered the best RTS of all times..."

Says who? I didn't care for it at all.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1848 Posts
@xantufrog said:

@ivangrozny: "Warcraft 3 is considered the best RTS of all times..."

Says who? I didn't care for it at all.

Says everybody, you dirty casual. It was the first perfect mix of RTS and RPG mechanics.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25063 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Blizzard are lazy.

they release games in decade like diablo 3 which failed, made team fortress 2 rip off and now making remaster of 15 year old game that looks like 15 year old. waste of time.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@ivangrozny: which sucks - it's proto-moba nonsense in my opinion. A hot mess. Calling me a casual isn't going to invalidate my opinion. I've played RTS since the genre was born and I think I'm entitled to have an opinion on it

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#19 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I tried so hard to like this game. I played it a lot. But I never got there... just went back to SC. Happily, I might add.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xantufrog  Moderator

@musicalmac: same. I was a big WC1+2 fan, so I wanted WC3 to be my jam

SchnabbleTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SchnabbleTab
Member since 2013 • 1488 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@ivangrozny: which sucks - it's proto-moba nonsense in my opinion. A hot mess. Calling me a casual isn't going to invalidate my opinion. I've played RTS since the genre was born and I think I'm entitled to have an opinion on it

Which is cool but just because you don't like it doesn't mean that millions of people don't claim it's one of the best if not the best RTS.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@SchnabbleTab: I am sure millions have it as their favorite. Seems like you and TC do. But I'd rank a lot of games higher, and I'm sure millions agree with me too. A quick Google search didn't turn up WC3 at #1 in any list (although I'm sure it is on some - but it's telling that you'd have to look for that), so I'm clearly not alone.

You seriously think it's better than Warcraft 2, Starcraft series, Command and Conquer Red Alert, Age of Empires 2, Company of Heroes 2, Empire Earth 2, Total Annihilation, etc? Why? Because of the heroes aspect?

*edit* hell, if you count to Total War games... Some of them bring so much to the table

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

Rise of nations >>>> warcraft 3.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44546 Posts

I loved WarCraft III back in the day and this remaster looks very cool indeed. This is one of the extremely few games that I miss not being a PC gamer.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14824 Posts

Warcraft III is one of my favourite games, so I’m hyped.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

goddamn blizzard has gotten boring..not opposed to a remaster but is this all they have? lol..

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

So, PC gamers have a remaster of a 16 year old game and we have Read Dead 2 - GOTG. Okay, lol.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts

One of my favorite games of all time ... I will play the shit out of this. I still remember the excitement of some of the hardest missions this game had, can't wait for it.

SchnabbleTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SchnabbleTab
Member since 2013 • 1488 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@SchnabbleTab: I am sure millions have it as their favorite. Seems like you and TC do. But I'd rank a lot of games higher, and I'm sure millions agree with me too. A quick Google search didn't turn up WC3 at #1 in any list (although I'm sure it is on some - but it's telling that you'd have to look for that), so I'm clearly not alone.

You seriously think it's better than Warcraft 2, Starcraft series, Command and Conquer Red Alert, Age of Empires 2, Company of Heroes 2, Empire Earth 2, Total Annihilation, etc? Why? Because of the heroes aspect?

*edit* hell, if you count to Total War games... Some of them bring so much to the table

Nah, it's not my favorite, not even in the top 5 IMO but it still has a huge following and spawned things like Dota.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

@kali-b1rd: It's a shame because it is one of my favourite genres but there's no denying that is one of the only genres that has failed to evolve or adapt in the past 20 years. While other popular genres like FPSs and RPGs have all evolved over the years and incorporated features from other genres, RTS games are still using the same old formula that was established two decades ago. There has been practically no innovation for many years.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts

@ivangrozny said:

Warcraft 3 is considered the best RTS of all times, and one of GOATs.

I love Warcraft 3 so much ... but i'm willing to say that SC2 is the best RTS of all time.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Wholy shit you scared me!! For I second the fear of them building this game for a console instead of mouse and keyboard....I almost had a heart attack. I can’t wait to get back into this. OG wc3 is one of those near impossible games to play on modern hardware/os and I’ve truly missed it. Maybe if it sells well we can finally get a WC4?

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Vaidream45

@kali-b1rd: ummmm most popular games are repetitive. Cough cough every fps ever. Kill, die, respawn, rinse and repeat. This is no different but what drew me into these games were the campaigns because each level is different. There is a market for these games on pc. It’s only when they release mobile exclusive versions of our favorite long abandoned franchises like Diablo and Command and Conqueror that we get pissed and rebel.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58508 Posts

@Gatygun said:

They need to fire this blizzard leader. Absolute zero effort trash.

why does "AAA budget" matter?

Oh did you want them to spend a few million on a celebrity voice actor? Yeah that makes sense...Josh Douchamel in Call of Duty WWII really made that game for me :P

Really happy CoD BLOPS 4 had a AAA budget, too, it's great playing a game that has such bleeding edge visuals...like you said, quality.

@xantufrog said:

I enjoy all those games you listed far more than Warcraft 3, but I can't deny Warcaft 3's importance. It more or less set the standard (that, and Starcraft) for online multiplayer real-time strategy games.

I am one of the few people out there that don't play RTS's online and think of them as better suited for epic single-player campaigns (what can I saw? My youth was spent on those awesome C&C games and their corny FMV movies :D ), but even I acknowledge WC3's impact on the genre.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18827 Posts

@vaidream45: "Cough cough every fps ever. "

007(N64)>>>>>The rest?

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Vaidream45

@PSP107: 007 was great back in the day. It’s a terrible mess to play now lol.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I don't know, do they usually make them super expensive on the PC? I remember Steam just giving me remastered editions of a few games for owning the originals.

Anyways, not for me, Didn't like Warcraft 3 that much.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By uninspiredcup

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I don't know, do they usually make them super expensive on the PC? I remember Steam just giving me remastered editions of a few games for owning the originals.

Usually remasters are reasonably priced, even ones with significant upgrades like Homewold Remastered that was essentially 4 games, and looked a hell of alot better than this.

Having said that, Blizzard thinks their shit smells of roses, and have a fanbase easily exploited, wouldn't be surprised if they make it a full priced game.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Usually remasters are reasonably priced, even ones with significant upgrades like Homewold Remastered that was essentially 4 games, and looked a hell of alot better than this.

Having said that, Blizzard thinks their shit smells of roses, and have a fanbase easily exploited, wouldn't be surprised if they make it a full priced game.

There's 0 chance it will be cheap, cheap is not something Blizzard does, guessing 30€ or up

Checked from bnet, 29.99€ standard edition, 39.99€ for Spoils of War(some wow mount etc crap)

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

So two remasters and a mobile game! Glad I didn’t pay 200 euro for a Blizz con virtual ticket:)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By uninspiredcup
@djoffer said:

So two remasters and a mobile game! Glad I didn’t pay 200 euro for a Blizz con virtual ticket:)

For that price could have went on holiday to the Canary Islands.

Instead you get to be in a dark room with greasy mouth-breathers while corporate goobers try to sell you tat.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19600 Posts

I've got to admit, I always liked Warlords Battlecry, Battle Realms, and Age of Empires 2/Age of Mythology much more than Warcraft 3.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

Warcraft III is one of my favourite games ever made. I spent countless hours online playing custom games like Sheep Tag or GTA: San Andreas (lol).

I don't think I've played even one normal match online because of all the choice of custom games.

This remaster looks perfect: it's updated while keeping the original art style completely intact.

But I'm not convinced. I could buy this only to find out that Blizzard still won't support 21:9 resolutions.

It's wait and see for me. A classic, but if Blizzard screws this up (again) I won't be buying. They've let me down in the past so many times now.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

Day 1 purchase :)

TBH I really dont care much for Warcraft 4, I'm happy with WoW as it is now so this is just added bonus.

I'm even happy for a Diablo mobile lol because there is definitely Diablo 4 in the works. That fiasco is simply a PR screw up, nothing more than that.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3258 Posts

I'm really surprised that Blizzard still hasn't made a new Warcraft game in 14 years.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
@AcidTango said:

I'm really surprised that Blizzard still hasn't made a new Warcraft game in 14 years.

Its the case of Valve's "I dont think we can ever top Half Life 2, guys!" The hype has become too unreal, too unhealthy..its just not good business anymore.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

I don’t think the graphics can be improved. You increase the polygon count just to sell the same game again.

I watched the video and preferred the low poly models. This art style Blizzard could patent and this why WoW still looks good now, because it’s not too ‘busy’ and why Guild Wars looks shit.

Strong, strong cartoon style art direction raised this game above the rest with superlative texture work which is kind of the Blizzard hallmark.

This game is not repetitive in multiplayer - no two games play out even remotely similarly.

The hero element was the last time rts got a new mechanic and I won’t touch Starcraft with a barge pole it is so broken. Starcraft and it’s graphical update (SC2) is just mushing units into each other - it’s so dumb. Just a stupid apm clickfest elite Korean only nightmare to play online with maniac speed the only option.

A proper rts is Company of Heroes (the highest rated ever) which has random factors and allows for come backs. There are no come backs in SC - once your behind you stay there.

Too much clicking. WC3 is the same. CoH solves this by having units pretty much take care of themselves where they’re left and will take cover and return fire if engaged without needing constant babysitting.

Also everyone failed to get rts into consoles. Just from simply from devs not figuring out a control scheme.

Command and Conquer did a console version which worked and Warcraft 2 came out on console but fudged the control scheme. For some reason cursor moving too slow with too little acceleration making it untenable as a game.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34773 Posts

Yeah. Very lame to get that instead of a new game. Luckily, they're making a mobile game as well. LOL

Talk about falling from grace.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 uninspiredcup

Be interesting to see how this compared to the Command and Conquer Remaster.

EA looking good, imagine.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#50 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Will this have TFT as well?