Leaving xbox

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tarheels4789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tarheels4789
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts

So Irecently left microsoft after my 360 took 4 dumbs in 3 years. I had it with the garbage that they try to sell as a system. Yeah, the games are fun, but what does it matter when you are waiting to play while your system is getting fixed in Texas. I have a ps3 now and love it, and I have several friends and other people that I know who have recently made the switch or are considering it. IMO, it is only a matter of time before sony starts to really gain on microsoft with numbers of systems sold.

dayshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dayshot
Member since 2009 • 89 Posts

So Irecently left microsoft after my 360 took 4 dumbs in 3 years. I had it with the garbage that they try to sell as a system. Yeah, the games are fun, but what does it matter when you are waiting to play while your system is getting fixed in Texas. I have a ps3 now and love it, and I have several friends and other people that I know who have recently made the switch or are considering it. IMO, it is only a matter of time before sony starts to really gain on microsoft with numbers of systems sold.

tarheels4789

I agree once the games of 09 comes and price drop it will gain in america it's already outselling xbox worldwide soon xbox will just be a red fire hazard

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#3 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Good for you. I, on the other hand, enjoy my 360 very much.

And no, the PS3 won't catch up to the 360 anytime soon.

webhead921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 webhead921
Member since 2009 • 684 Posts

i want to buy a 360 or ps3 in addition to my wii, but most of the games I want are out on both, so they are the same to me. xbox is just cheaper

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts

tarheels4789

Frankly i do not see it happening, in fact after the price drop, 360 has been outselling PS3 every single month and in holiday outsold it 2:1

Not exactly closing the gap, in fact the lead of 360 is getting bigger every month, which means PS3 will never keep up, and in fact could be 20.000.000 behind 360 when this generation ends if it keeps selling so vastly lower than 360

lolfaqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lolfaqs
Member since 2009 • 1776 Posts

[QUOTE="tarheels4789"]

dayshot

I agree once the games of 09 comes and price drop it will gain in america it's already outselling xbox worldwide soon xbox will just be a red fire hazard

Agreed to both quotes.

DrHyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#7 DrHyde
Member since 2003 • 584 Posts
I just recently got a 360 and I'm happy with it. I really wanted a PS3, but I just can't afford $400. Plus, I'm noticing a trend of weakness in PS3 multiplats.
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

I just recently got a 360 and I'm happy with it. I really wanted a PS3, but I just can't afford $400. Plus, I'm noticing a trend of weakness in PS3 multiplats.DrHyde

did you buy a Arcade?

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
I just recently got a 360 and I'm happy with it. I really wanted a PS3, but I just can't afford $400. Plus, I'm noticing a trend of weakness in PS3 multiplats.DrHyde
actually the trend shows that the multi are practically the same :? Anyways, enjoy ur 360 :)
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 obamanian

[QUOTE="DrHyde"]I just recently got a 360 and I'm happy with it. I really wanted a PS3, but I just can't afford $400. Plus, I'm noticing a trend of weakness in PS3 multiplats.Giancar
actually the trend shows that the multi are practically the same :? Anyways, enjoy ur 360 :)

Well, RE5 is better on 360, Fallout 3 gets double the game on 360 only, etc, the games i care about are a lot better on 360

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Giancar

[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="DrHyde"]I just recently got a 360 and I'm happy with it. I really wanted a PS3, but I just can't afford $400. Plus, I'm noticing a trend of weakness in PS3 multiplats.obamanian

Well, RE5 is better on 360, Fallout 3 gets double the game on 360 only, etc, the games i care about are a lot better on 360

Re5 is exactly the same... FO3 has expansions, I'll give you that...but it isn't really something to brag about. Specially the 2nd one, which isn't an open adventure dlc.
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 obamanian

[QUOTE="obamanian"]

[QUOTE="Giancar"] actually the trend shows that the multi are practically the same :? Anyways, enjoy ur 360 :)Giancar

Re5 is exactly the same... FO3 has expansions, I'll give you that...but it isn't really something to brag about. Specially the 2nd one, which isn't an open adventure dlc.

No sir, i have seen comparissons all around the net, RE5 on 360 has better motion blur (if PS3 has any), better textures and lighting, all better and it shows a lot too, it is not a minor difference

Fallout 3 expansions, the snows, the new weapons and items, the new areas, the level cap exptension etcall only on 360, and they doubled the game appeal to me, it is something to "brag" about, since it gives a new dimension to the barren wasteland, plus extends the level limitation, which is basic imo for the whole game

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Giancar

[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="obamanian"]

obamanian

No sir, i have seen comparissons all around the net, RE5 on 360 has better motion blur (if PS3 has any), better textures and lighting, all better and it shows a lot too, it is not a minor difference

Fallout 3 expansions, the snows, the new weapons and items, the new areas, the level cap exptension etcall only on 360, and they doubled the game appeal to me, it is something to "brag" about, since it gives a new dimension to the barren wasteland, plus extends the level limitation, which is basic imo for the whole game

and LO looks better than KZ2, right? :roll: well you must be correct *goes to bed avoiding a circular discussion*
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 obamanian

[QUOTE="obamanian"]

[QUOTE="Giancar"]Re5 is exactly the same... FO3 has expansions, I'll give you that...but it isn't really something to brag about. Specially the 2nd one, which isn't an open adventure dlc.Giancar

and LO looks better than KZ2, right? :roll: well you must be correct *goes to bed avoiding a circular discussion*

Of course it does, it is all matter of preference in art style, and LO has vastly better detail in textures as well, i was laughing at how low resolution KZ2 textures looked tbh, especially after all thje silly hype for its visuals

tarheels4789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tarheels4789

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy my 360 when I had it. But when you have think about your system breaking as "when" not "if," I don't see the fun in it.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy my 360 when I had it. But when you have think about your system breaking as "when" not "if," I don't see the fun in it.

tarheels4789
1.If you really were giving up the 360 you wouldn't come here to announce it. 2.this is much more blog material then a system wars post.
AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AdmiralBison
Member since 2008 • 3970 Posts

What's with these silly topics where

"I've got this system and left this system so and so.."?

this is just a flamebait topic and really should be discussed on PS3 or Xbox360 boards

and no I don't believe you left the Xbox- because you never had one in the first place or your justbeing a fakeboy judging by a lot of your responses.

this is a poor tactic

lolfaqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lolfaqs
Member since 2009 • 1776 Posts

when you have think about your system breaking as "when" not "if," I don't see the fun in it.

tarheels4789

Yup, that's why I won't get a 360.

tarheels4789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tarheels4789

What's with these silly topics where "I've got this system and left this system so and so.."? this is just a flamebait topic and really should be discussed on PS3 or Xbox360 boards and no I don't believe you left the Xbox- because you never had one in the first place or your justbeing a fakeboy judging by a lot of your responses. this is a poor tacticAdmiralBison

I got my first 360 december 23, 2005 and sold my current one april 28, 2009.

how is this at all a topic that doesn't belong in system wars? I asked a question.. wasn't just letting everyone know I dumped the red ring of 360.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="DrHyde"]I just recently got a 360 and I'm happy with it. I really wanted a PS3, but I just can't afford $400. Plus, I'm noticing a trend of weakness in PS3 multiplats.obamanian

I agree, i've had the RROD once on my system, but the latest one seems to be going fine. I'm waiting for E3 when MS announces their games, ... nothing on the current horizon looks amazing, but that can all change in just one day.
adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 adizorz
Member since 2008 • 1410 Posts

i feel this is appropriate:

title: rise faithful servant

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 obamanian

[QUOTE="obamanian"]

[QUOTE="Giancar"] actually the trend shows that the multi are practically the same :? Anyways, enjoy ur 360 :)Phazevariance

I agree, i've had the RROD once on my system, but the latest one seems to be going fine. I'm waiting for E3 when MS announces their games, ... nothing on the current horizon looks amazing, but that can all change in just one day.

Well, for me as a RPG gamer, it is only 360 that gets the amazing titles (and some on PC), like Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds Temtpation, Star Ocean 4, Mass Effect 2, new 2D XBLA RPG's, Alan Wake, KUF2, Majesty 2etc

It is a matter of preference really

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AdmiralBison

[QUOTE="AdmiralBison"]What's with these silly topics where "I've got this system and left this system so and so.."? this is just a flamebait topic and really should be discussed on PS3 or Xbox360 boards and no I don't believe you left the Xbox- because you never had one in the first place or your justbeing a fakeboy judging by a lot of your responses. this is a poor tactictarheels4789

I got my first 360 december 23, 2005 and sold my current one april 28, 2009.

how is this at all a topic that doesn't belong in system wars? I asked a question.. wasn't just letting everyone know I dumped the red ring of 360.

First of all.

this is just flame bait no other.

Anyone could just say "oh- my Xbox is crap it's broken thats why I got a PS3" and post it here in system wars-

You have people here who pretend to have a system, claim there is an issue with it- sell it of and purchase the oppsiong hardware all in order to de-base that said given platform.

you know truly well you will get support from die hard Cows of said decision and further give them ammunitionto debate this and further an inflame repsonse form Lemmings. When really a topic could be as far from the truth.

I've looked at your responses and it really is a signature of fanboyism and possibly fakeboysim as well.

If you are upset about an Xbox 360 or PS3 discuss it the respective forums.

ok. what's your gamertag then?

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AdmiralBison

I could say the same thing as well

"My PS3- I hardly touch it casue the are no games for it and all the multiplats look better on the Xbox360 and I've played KZ2 and MGS4 and they suck traded them all in for a Xbox360 and never looked back since"

What's the use of this post?

nothing but just to encite a flame war

but I actually have aXbox360 and PS3

Xboxlive:duanelocsin

PSN: Duane55

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AdmiralBison

[QUOTE="tarheels4789"]when you have think about your system breaking as "when" not "if," I don't see the fun in it.

lolfaqs

I thought you had a 360?

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

tarheels4789

You mean you used to work at Microsoft, so you quit your job after dysfunctional units. You know, just because you work there, doesn't mean you have to buy their products.

Now, obviously you don't work at MS, I'm poking fun at the fact that you feel you have some sort of allegience to MS just because you bought the X360? I wonder, do you swear allegeince to the toothpaste company? or how about the cereal maker? Do you go on msg boards arguing kelloggs is better than General Mills?

tarheels4789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tarheels4789

[QUOTE="tarheels4789"]

Blue-Sky

You mean you used to work at Microsoft, so you quit your job after dysfunctional units. You know, just because you work there, doesn't mean you have to buy their products.

Now, obviously you don't work at MS, I'm poking fun at the fact that you feel you have some sort of allegience to MS just because you bought the X360? I wonder, do you swear allegeince to the toothpaste company? or how about the cereal maker? Do you go on msg boards arguing kelloggs is better than General Mills?

are you kidding me?

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jessesalinas
Member since 2007 • 2935 Posts

you wont be missed...

tarheels4789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tarheels4789

I could say the same thing as well

"My PS3- I hardly touch it casue the are no games for it and all the multiplats look better on the Xbox360 and I've played KZ2 and MGS4 and they suck traded them all in for a Xbox360 and never looked back since"

What's the use of this post?

nothing but just to encite a flame war

but I actually have aXbox360 and PS3

Xboxlive:duanelocsin

PSN: Duane55

AdmiralBison

the point of this was to see if anyone else had done the same as me, being as I have known several people who have left xbox. I also wanted to know if in the long run this will be a continuing trend that might end sony's sluggish sales. the fact that the only bad thing that i said was that my xbox had a continual issue with breaking and I also said some good things about the system should have led you to believe that I didn't come here to just bash, just to hear other peoples opinions.

yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts
i Sent my 360 off and it came back in 4 working days and they still gave me 1 month free that impressive, if your 360 keeps bracking then its your fault stop putting it in the same place every time.
Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

[QUOTE="Phazevariance"][QUOTE="obamanian"]

obamanian

Well, for me as a RPG gamer, it is only 360 that gets the amazing titles (and some on PC), like Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds Temtpation, Star Ocean 4, Mass Effect 2, new 2D XBLA RPG's, Alan Wake, KUF2, Majesty 2etc

It is a matter of preference really

Still counting how many leaves and colors Fable 2 has?
bingbaocao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bingbaocao
Member since 2009 • 1852 Posts

[QUOTE="tarheels4789"]

dayshot

how do you know the PS3 is outselling the 360 worldwide?
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#35 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts

So whats your gamer tag? So we can send you off.

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#36 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

[QUOTE="tarheels4789"]

tarheels4789

are you kidding me?

Hes not he actually just showed how ridiculous your post was.
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TX360

[QUOTE="lolfaqs"]

[QUOTE="tarheels4789"]when you have think about your system breaking as "when" not "if," I don't see the fun in it.

AdmiralBison

I thought you had a 360?

LMFAO he spends his time bashing it and claims to be an attorney lol.
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TX360

So whats your gamer tag? So we can send you off.

fixer293
I was thinking the same.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

In the long run it is worth get a Ps3, you dont need worry about it break down as the failbox 360.

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TX360

In the long run it is worth get a Ps3, you dont need worry about it break down as the failbox 360.

aroxx_ab
Cows used the RROD before now it's old on your way sir.
bingbaocao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bingbaocao
Member since 2009 • 1852 Posts

[QUOTE="AdmiralBison"]

[QUOTE="lolfaqs"]

TX360

I thought you had a 360?

he claims to be an attorney? Seriously? From his posts you'd think he was 14

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="dayshot"]

[QUOTE="tarheels4789"]

lolfaqs

Agreed to both quotes.

none of you are very good at maths are you? the ps3 can't outsell the 360 by 8 million in 3 years, its just not possible, the 360 outsold the ps3 in NA by 100,000 last month, the gap is getting bigger not smaller, don't you guys get it, we are in a recession, even with a price cut the ps3 will still be the most expensive console and MS make 70 dollars on every 360 SKU, when sony cut there price so will MS, you can already buy 2 60 gb 360's for the price of the cheapest ps3 SKU in the UK.
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 fixer293
TC, what is your GT?
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 delta3074

[QUOTE="TX360"][QUOTE="AdmiralBison"]

I thought you had a 360?

bingbaocao

he claims to be an attorney? Seriously? From his posts you'd think he was 14

lolfaqs is an attorney? i thought attorneys had a good grasp of reality and good maths skills
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 fixer293
Um, still waiting on that GT.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 delta3074
Um, still waiting on that GT.fixer293
you can look at mine while you wait!, yeah i know it's rubbish,lol
The_Brodeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_Brodeo
Member since 2009 • 804 Posts

SpinoRaptor24

It sold 4 times as many units in Japan as compared to 360 in March. I personally converted 10 of my friends to PS3, it will happen.

fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 fixer293

TC has no 360, I have asked him numerous times for a gamertag.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 delta3074

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

The_Brodeo

It sold 4 times as many units in Japan as compared to 360 in March. I personally converted 10 of my friends to PS3, it will happen.

did it outsell the xbox 360 buy 100,000 in japan? cos last month the 360 outsold the ps3 by that much in NA, look i'm not a big fan of MS,and i know the 360 is crappy hardware, but i love it, and let's face reality the 360 is 8 million units ahead and is outselling the ps3,in the here and now the 360 is curb stomping the ps3, you keep dreaming about a possible future that probrbly won't happen.
Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
the wii sells more than anything else