Lair Looks Way Better then Gears of War!! 56k Warning

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Forensic-Klown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Forensic-Klown
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts

the dragon has no texture at all. geez.

guys........compare one of Lair's Dragons with a Locust from Gears....

Locust wins hands down

Goku2639

:|

Riiiiight!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts
[QUOTE="Delsage"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

No way is Lair better than Gears, Lair has lego buildings and muddy mountains.

Ilived

Coming from someone with a Banjo Threeie sig I found this quote to be pretty hilarious.

It's not really funny when one game is trying to make it look like that while the other isn't.

BURN! :P I had to! :)

Skooler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Skooler
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts
why did someone have to revive a year old thread?
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
:lol: GoW got more than double the score of Lair.
CHRION987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 CHRION987
Member since 2008 • 468 Posts
if the overall quality of the games were even close, the grphx quality might make some difference...a pretty turd of a game doesnt count for anything...
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#156 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
No. Not even close. Lair plays like crap. I'd rather a game play great, they look great. Anyone ever play "A Boy and His Blob". Gameplay was very good, graphics sucked.
Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Pariah_001
Member since 2003 • 4850 Posts

The Microsoft faithful can attack Lair for its gameplay all they like, but it'll do them no good to go after the graphics.

Muddy mountains? Please.

In comparison to Lair's textures, Gears of War hasn't even been born yet.

CHRION987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 CHRION987

The Microsoft faithful can attack Lair for its gameplay all they like, but it'll do them no good to go after the graphics.

Muddy mountains? Please.

Pariah_001

if alot of memory is used for texture/lighting quality, whats left for a.i or animation's, or awesome lvl's?

one of these games got it just right, and one failed

Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Pariah_001
if alot of memory is used for texture/lighting quality, whats left for a.i or animation's, or awesome lvl's?

CHRION987

First of all: There's different kinds of memory. Lair's AI was by no means bad--Nor was its levels and animations. The problem with the game was the abysmal controls and lack of rewarding objectives. Story wasn't too good either.

Second of all: Stop trying to divert from the point here. Using Lair's shoddy gameplay as a way of sneaking Gears into the "Best Looking Console Game" category is pathetic.

CHRION987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 CHRION987
[QUOTE="CHRION987"]if alot of memory is used for texture/lighting quality, whats left for a.i or animation's, or awesome lvl's?

Pariah_001

First of all: There's different kinds of memory.

Second of all: Stop trying to divert from the point here. Using Lair's shoddy gameplay as a way of sneaking Gears into the "Best Looking Console Game" category is pathetic.

if lair wins any category...its a worthless category

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Muddy mountains? Please.

Pariah_001

and yet every site on the planet that reviewd both gave Geow a higher graphics score, and the same for uncharted nearly every site gave geow the higher graphics score.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
Actaually the best looking console game is a multiplat some forget about, Assasins Creed..
CHRION987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 CHRION987
[QUOTE="Pariah_001"]

Muddy mountains? Please.

WilliamRLBaker

and yet every site on the planet that reviewd both gave Geow a higher graphics score, and the same for uncharted nearly every site gave geow the higher graphics score.

good point uncharted had really high quality graphics...does gamespot give specific scores for graphics? i remember the review saying it was beautiful.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 WilliamRLBaker
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="Pariah_001"]

Muddy mountains? Please.

CHRION987

good point uncharted had really high quality graphics...does gamespot give specific scores for graphics? i remember the review saying it was beautiful.

strike what i said i need to revise it, Nearly every site on the planet gave a higher or same score to gears as they did uncharted.

Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Pariah_001

and yet every site on the planet that reviewd both gave Geow a higher graphics score, and the same for uncharted nearly every site gave geow the higher graphics score.WilliamRLBaker

That's some great logic right there. Not only does it sound fictional, but also irrelevant; Gamespot explained that Oblivion on the PS3 was graphically superior to the 360s and yet they still gave it a lower score anyway. These kind of cases happen with all of those critic sites.

Perhaps you should start thinking for yourself rather than trying to get all of these other sites to speak for your side of the argument. Suffice to say, your claims are arguable in every avenue.

PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#166 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts

Half life 2 looks better then both games and it came out 2 years before both games.nhh12345

4 years...

Avatar image for Luigi_Vincetana
Luigi_Vincetana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Luigi_Vincetana
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts
heheheheBlizzardBear
Dude, it's not funny. Edit: Just so you guys know, it was this guy who bumped this thread (The Original post is almost a year old).
CHRION987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 CHRION987

[QUOTE="BlizzardBear"]heheheheLuigi_Vincetana
Dude, it's not funny. Edit: Just so you guys know, it was this guy who bumped this thread (The Original post is almost a year old).

thats ok, gave me something to type about while i was downloading something...funny how he thinks hes slick lol...if ya cant get laid, guess you get your jollies by being a wierd troll...

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]and yet every site on the planet that reviewd both gave Geow a higher graphics score, and the same for uncharted nearly every site gave geow the higher graphics score.Pariah_001

That's some great logic right there. Not only does it sound fictional, but also irrelevant; Gamespot explained that Oblivion on the PS3 was graphically superior to the 360s and yet they still gave it a lower score anyway. These kind of cases happen with all of those critic sites.

Perhaps you should start thinking for yourself rather than trying to get all of these other sites to speak for your side of the argument. Suffice to say, your claims are arguable in every avenue.

yep thats right I me should think for my self, but when a site or body gives a game you like a good score OH MY GOD its the god given truth! every one should listen.

your a hypocrite its logical to listen to what professionals say and its not fictional its a FACT the majority of sites gave gears of war the same or higher score in graphics then uncharted.

89.9 uncharted vs 93.8 gears testifies to that fact.

Avatar image for Luigi_Vincetana
Luigi_Vincetana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Luigi_Vincetana
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts

[QUOTE="Luigi_Vincetana"][QUOTE="BlizzardBear"]heheheheCHRION987

thats ok, gave me something to type about while i was downloading something...funny how he thinks hes slick lol...if ya cant get laid, guess you get your jollies by being a wierd troll...

Yeah, well it least so far it's been reasonable, but usually when someone does this it's a complete mess as you have people who ignore the date the thread was created on and reply as if it were created today. It's completely annoying.
Veterngamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Veterngamer
Member since 2007 • 2037 Posts

GOTY = LairAreola54

LOL!!!!!!!!

Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Pariah_001
Your a hypocrite its logical to listen to what professionals say and its not fictional its a FACT the majority of sites gave gears of war the same or higher score in graphics then uncharted.

89.9 uncharted vs 93.8 gears testifies to that fact.WilliamRLBaker

Your cheap shot aside, your post is all over the place. First it's about Lair and Gears and then it's about Uncharted and Gears and then it's about rating graphics and then it's about just ratings period.

GameRankings averages the general score of the many reviews out there. It doesn't emphasize just graphics, so you're full of it.

Uncharted can be argued pretty easily to be superior to Gears. We don't have to rely on a bunch of online articles, there are dozens of threads with actual play comparisons. Suffice to say, Uncharted's side won most of those arguments. In the case of Lair, on the other hand, there can be no argument; it was able to achieve the best visuals of this gen. And I believe it's followed by Heavenly Sword.

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts
Lair struggles to run at solid 30fps and still looks like crap.
Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts
Its threads like these that can really damage a mans rep here. I hope for your sake TC this is a terrible attempt at humor. I suggest not posting again for a few months. I understand that means you will have to actually play your PS3 but I think punishment is warranted here.
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#176 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]Your a hypocrite its logical to listen to what professionals say and its not fictional its a FACT the majority of sites gave gears of war the same or higher score in graphics then uncharted.

89.9 uncharted vs 93.8 gears testifies to that fact.Pariah_001

Your cheap shot aside, your post is all over the place. First it's about Lair and Gears and then it's about Uncharted and Gears and then it's about rating graphics and then it's about just ratings period.

GameRankings averages the general score of the many reviews out there. It doesn't emphasize just graphics, so you're full of it.

Uncharted can be argued pretty easily to be superior to Gears. We don't have to rely on a bunch of online articles, there are dozens of threads with actual play comparisons. Suffice to say, Uncharted's side won most of those arguments. In the case of Lair, on the other hand, there can be no argument; it was able to achieve the best visuals of this gen. And I believe it's followed by Heavenly Sword.

this is true, lair does look amazing. If the devs spent more time on the gameplay, it would have been great.

Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#177 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts
This thread is almost a year old. :|
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Oriental_Jams
Member since 2008 • 1610 Posts
Not really. The game as a whole was nothing to brag about either.