Killzone PS3 at GDC!

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-voodoo_child-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -voodoo_child-
Member since 2006 • 1648 Posts
Sorry if old... [QUOTE="CVG"]he highly-anticipated PlayStation 3 sequel to Guerilla Game's Killzone is to be officially unveiled at next month's GDC, CVG has learned. Well placed US sources have revealed to us that the flagship Sony shooter will be shown in full glory at the San Francisco event, perhaps even in the form of a playable demo. As well as its high price point, the PS3 (like most consoles) has faced criticism for a lack of really high profile, compelling games which make it a 'must buy' and the big reveal of Killzone 2 will also form the spearhead for a raft of new PS3 game announcements at the show, which Sony hope will drive PS3 sales through the roof during the European launch and beyond in the big lead up to the all- important Christmas 2007 market. Advertisement: SCE worldwide studios president Phil Harrison is also due to keynote at the event, which takes place on March 5 to 9. Killzone 2 was previously shown in video form to an impressed audience at Sony's E3 2005 press conference, but the video was later revealed to be a pre-rendered cut-scene, and not in-game graphics.

KZ3 for GDC
marinebro0306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 marinebro0306
Member since 2005 • 1098 Posts
[QUOTE="-voodoo_child-"]Sorry if old... [QUOTE="CVG"]he highly-anticipated PlayStation 3 sequel to Guerilla Game's Killzone is to be officially unveiled at next month's GDC, CVG has learned. Well placed US sources have revealed to us that the flagship Sony shooter will be shown in full glory at the San Francisco event, perhaps even in the form of a playable demo. As well as its high price point, the PS3 (like most consoles) has faced criticism for a lack of really high profile, compelling games which make it a 'must buy' and the big reveal of Killzone 2 will also form the spearhead for a raft of new PS3 game announcements at the show, which Sony hope will drive PS3 sales through the roof during the European launch and beyond in the big lead up to the all- important Christmas 2007 market. Advertisement: SCE worldwide studios president Phil Harrison is also due to keynote at the event, which takes place on March 5 to 9. Killzone 2 was previously shown in video form to an impressed audience at Sony's E3 2005 press conference, but the video was later revealed to be a pre-rendered cut-scene, and not in-game graphics.

KZ3 for GDC

KZ2 will flop. The first one failed.
-voodoo_child-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -voodoo_child-
[QUOTE="marinebro0306"][QUOTE="-voodoo_child-"]Sorry if old... [QUOTE="CVG"]he highly-anticipated PlayStation 3 sequel to Guerilla Game's Killzone is to be officially unveiled at next month's GDC, CVG has learned. Well placed US sources have revealed to us that the flagship Sony shooter will be shown in full glory at the San Francisco event, perhaps even in the form of a playable demo. As well as its high price point, the PS3 (like most consoles) has faced criticism for a lack of really high profile, compelling games which make it a 'must buy' and the big reveal of Killzone 2 will also form the spearhead for a raft of new PS3 game announcements at the show, which Sony hope will drive PS3 sales through the roof during the European launch and beyond in the big lead up to the all- important Christmas 2007 market. Advertisement: SCE worldwide studios president Phil Harrison is also due to keynote at the event, which takes place on March 5 to 9. Killzone 2 was previously shown in video form to an impressed audience at Sony's E3 2005 press conference, but the video was later revealed to be a pre-rendered cut-scene, and not in-game graphics.

KZ3 for GDC

It is a possibility, yes. It has certainly generated a lot of hype, whether or not it can live up to people's expectations, we will soon see...
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
Just because the original did badly doesn't mean this one will.

But this is very old news now.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
[QUOTE="marinebro0306"][QUOTE="-voodoo_child-"]Sorry if old... [QUOTE="CVG"]he highly-anticipated PlayStation 3 sequel to Guerilla Game's Killzone is to be officially unveiled at next month's GDC, CVG has learned. Well placed US sources have revealed to us that the flagship Sony shooter will be shown in full glory at the San Francisco event, perhaps even in the form of a playable demo. As well as its high price point, the PS3 (like most consoles) has faced criticism for a lack of really high profile, compelling games which make it a 'must buy' and the big reveal of Killzone 2 will also form the spearhead for a raft of new PS3 game announcements at the show, which Sony hope will drive PS3 sales through the roof during the European launch and beyond in the big lead up to the all- important Christmas 2007 market. Advertisement: SCE worldwide studios president Phil Harrison is also due to keynote at the event, which takes place on March 5 to 9. Killzone 2 was previously shown in video form to an impressed audience at Sony's E3 2005 press conference, but the video was later revealed to be a pre-rendered cut-scene, and not in-game graphics.

KZ3 for GDC

try and think positive
Agent-of-Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Agent-of-Evil
Member since 2004 • 415 Posts
Guerilla showed with Killzone Liberation that they can make very good games. Lets hope they learned from the alright, but not super Killzone 1 and the great psp game Liberation.

Btw, their studio is almost 5 times as big as it was when they started Killzone 1
mynameisdigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mynameisdigo
Member since 2006 • 465 Posts
I feel this will be the reason why I'll buy a PS3. Sony aren't stupid, they have to have something up their sleeve.
-voodoo_child-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -voodoo_child-
Just because the original did badly doesn't mean this one will.

cakeorrdeath
Really? Sorry, the article said it was written at 10 O'clock this morning...
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
Well, I for one am extremely excited. Regardless of what the nay-sayers and mud-slingers have to say, I am quite interested in what Sony has to offer this March. It could be something of great value. I know and accept that no matter how good it is, there will still be the typical rumors, and insults, and silly biased opinions. But I shall be the real judge of what I think. I will see it for myself. I am really hoping for a playable demo online. Which is entirely possible, since its being published by Sony. Hmm.. I sense great things in the near future for the PS3. :)
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
killzone was their first true big game..... it was a good game too. not great, but for a first game.. come on. I think they have some great talents working there. I hope it turns out great. mAybe someday i'll even buy a PS3..
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
I'm excited to see it. I liked the first one.
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ragrdoll21
Member since 2006 • 6048 Posts
My PS3 is hungry ass hell for this game!After I finished KZ1 on PS2,I though to myself"KZ2 on PS3 will rock."I stand by that.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cakeorrdeath
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]Just because the original did badly doesn't mean this one will.

-voodoo_child-

It's all from a Luke Smith blog post which was written day before yesterday.
godhandiscen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 godhandiscen
Member since 2003 • 3454 Posts
I so wanna see Sony trying to pass CGI as real time again.... ROFL!
-SR388-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -SR388-
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts
best game ever, all games will cower before the sequel to the great 'Killzone'. ok ok, actually, maybe best game ever is stretching it a touch, after all there may be a sequel to 50 cent Bullet Proof we may as well hype that at the same time.
watchcity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 watchcity
Member since 2006 • 585 Posts
[QUOTE="-voodoo_child-"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]Just because the original did badly doesn't mean this one will.

cakeorrdeath

It's all from a Luke Smith blog post which was written day before yesterday.

That was a rumor, this is more official.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cakeorrdeath
That was a rumor, this is more official.watchcity

How so?

CVG
"Well placed US sources have revealed to us that the flagship Sony shooter will be shown in full glory at the San Francisco event, perhaps even in the form of a playable demo."

1UP's Luke Smith
"Expect a playable Killzone 2 demo to be released (hmm, Phil Harrison is keynoting at GDC...) before gamers are participating in the beta for Halo 3."
buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts

Killzone 2.... I want to see what it looks like

alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts

[QUOTE="-voodoo_child-"]Sorry if old... [QUOTE="CVG"]he highly-anticipated PlayStation 3 sequel to Guerilla Game's Killzone is to be officially unveiled at next month's GDC, CVG has learned. Well placed US sources have revealed to us that the flagship Sony shooter will be shown in full glory at the San Francisco event, perhaps even in the form of a playable demo. As well as its high price point, the PS3 (like most consoles) has faced criticism for a lack of really high profile, compelling games which make it a 'must buy' and the big reveal of Killzone 2 will also form the spearhead for a raft of new PS3 game announcements at the show, which Sony hope will drive PS3 sales through the roof during the European launch and beyond in the big lead up to the all- important Christmas 2007 market. Advertisement: SCE worldwide studios president Phil Harrison is also due to keynote at the event, which takes place on March 5 to 9. Killzone 2 was previously shown in video form to an impressed audience at Sony's E3 2005 press conference, but the video was later revealed to be a pre-rendered cut-scene, and not in-game graphics.marinebro0306
KZ3 for GDC

i use to feel the same way you did. but after reading this. im not a fanboy of any console. ill will be getting Halo 3. but i feel KZ2 will be a awesome game. only fanboys will deny this, and say the game will flop.  Personally i think Guerilla Games will do KZ2 right this time. KZ was their first time not making a pc game . Bungie on the hand made their game on a console that was very close to a pc at that time period. but oh well just my opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killzone

"

Dutch based Guierrla Games , formerly known as Lost Boys Games  developed this game and caught Sony's eye. The gaming company showed Sony a demonstration of a first-person shooter that they were currently developing for Widows. Sony was impressed by the game and made a deal with Guerrilla to develop Killzone exclusively for the PlayStation 2. Sony then commissioned award-winning sci-fi author  Joe Dever to develop the storyline and contribute to the game design.

Making the switch from programming  for the PC to the PlayStation was not an easy task. Guerrilla spent two years learning the programming techniques of the console while they were still in pre-production. In  2001, Killzone was ready to be created  The public knew little about Killzone, but as information started to leak out about the game hype started to grow. A single blurry scan of a VHS was posted in a British video game magazine, and eventually made its way onto the internet.

When Killzone was officially announced, expectations for the game were very high, and some gaming magazines dubbed the game a "Halo-killer", implying that the game would beat the wildly popular Microsoft first person shooter, Halo Combat Evolved , although Guerrila Games  insisted that they did not want to compete with Halo. On release, rumours of online cooperative play and hard disk  support were proven untrue "

Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shazenab
Member since 2004 • 3413 Posts
Its alright to be curious but for gods sake don't hype this game just yet.
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
Damn. March 5-9. I'll actually be on a cruise. But Man SW is gonna fill up with the Halo Killer threads.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
Get ready for the CGI.
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ragrdoll21
Its alright to be curious but for gods sake don't hype this game just yet. Shazenab
No-ones hyping it yet.I'm just excited to see the game in action.
greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 greenleaflink
Member since 2006 • 3686 Posts
ohh i remember the whole frenzy last time they showed kill zone stuff sincethen never heard of it again
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
Damn. March 5-9. I'll actually be on a cruise. But Man SW is gonna fill up with the Halo Killer threads.waynehead895
the fact that cows are even hyping killzone2 or any other FPS games on the ps3 to be an "halo killer" is hilarious because while they're bashing halo saying its a overrated peice of crap..at the very same time they're hyping FPS games like killzone2 to be overall better then the halo series.
Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts
About time, Im intrested in seeing how they did.
-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts
All it need is hype.
Just like halo , and its trash.
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ragrdoll21
[QUOTE="waynehead895"]Damn. March 5-9. I'll actually be on a cruise. But Man SW is gonna fill up with the Halo Killer threads.lawlessx
the fact that cows are even hyping killzone2 or any other FPS games on the ps3 to be an "halo killer" is hilarious because while they're bashing halo saying its a overrated peice of crap..at the very same time they're hyping FPS games like killzone2 to be overall better then the halo series.

Not one Cow has said the name H@%& in this thread.It's you lemmings who came in here,starting the H@!* crap.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
[QUOTE="waynehead895"]Damn. March 5-9. I'll actually be on a cruise. But Man SW is gonna fill up with the Halo Killer threads.lawlessx

I haven't seen barely any cow stating that dude In fact, Crysis will PWN both games, and most people seems to agree on that :D
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="waynehead895"]Damn. March 5-9. I'll actually be on a cruise. But Man SW is gonna fill up with the Halo Killer threads.ragrdoll21

Not one Cow has said the name H@%& in this thread.It's you lemmings who came in here,starting the H@!* crap.

were you around when the killzone2 trailer was shown?
Warp_2567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#31 Warp_2567
Member since 2004 • 11701 Posts
who really cares....seriously
TheWiikestLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheWiikestLink
Member since 2006 • 1730 Posts
no matter what anyone says,i cant wait to see this game. why? because its major ownage for either cows or lemmings,and im always up for some fanboy ownage.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Jesus Christ. Why on Earth are people hyping this game I'll never know.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Giancar
Jesus Christ. Why on Earth are people hyping this game I'll never know.DaysAirlines
there are barely any people hyping it just curiosity, aren't u curious?
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaysAirlines
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Jesus Christ. Why on Earth are people hyping this game I'll never know.Giancar

I'm curious in seeing how it turns out and reviews. The first one had pretty awesome weapons though, that was it's one redeeming trait. But I love how people praise it one being the "20 Million dollar game!" when RFOM costs 22 million and Lost Planet cost 20 million to make.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Giancar
[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Jesus Christ. Why on Earth are people hyping this game I'll never know.DaysAirlines

I'm curious in seeing how it turns out and reviews. The first one had pretty awesome weapons though, that was it's one redeeming trait. But I love how people praise it one being the "20 Million dollar game!" when RFOM costs 22 million and Lost Planet cost 20 million to make.

and GeoW less than 10 :? but I can see here a lot of people curious, after the KZ fiasco (talking about scores) nobody hypes this game as the Halo killer But it will be nice if they approached to the target CGI....or not
alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts

[QUOTE="-voodoo_child-"]Sorry if old... [QUOTE="CVG"]he highly-anticipated PlayStation 3 sequel to Guerilla Game's Killzone is to be officially unveiled at next month's GDC, CVG has learned. Well placed US sources have revealed to us that the flagship Sony shooter will be shown in full glory at the San Francisco event, perhaps even in the form of a playable demo. As well as its high price point, the PS3 (like most consoles) has faced criticism for a lack of really high profile, compelling games which make it a 'must buy' and the big reveal of Killzone 2 will also form the spearhead for a raft of new PS3 game announcements at the show, which Sony hope will drive PS3 sales through the roof during the European launch and beyond in the big lead up to the all- important Christmas 2007 market. Advertisement: SCE worldwide studios president Phil Harrison is also due to keynote at the event, which takes place on March 5 to 9. Killzone 2 was previously shown in video form to an impressed audience at Sony's E3 2005 press conference, but the video was later revealed to be a pre-rendered cut-scene, and not in-game graphics.marinebro0306
KZ3 for GDC

yes of course and i suppose you thought when the gamecube flopped you thought wii would too?

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DaysAirlines
and GeoW less than 10 :?Giancar
10 million outside the cost of the UE3 engine. And you absolutely are about to make my point for me. It doesn't matter how expensive a game cost it all has to do with how talented the developer is. Epic has proven that they can make great games before because of their legacy. Same thing with Insomniac. Guerilla Games has yet to prove themselves a talented developer.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lawlessx
[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Jesus Christ. Why on Earth are people hyping this game I'll never know.DaysAirlines

actually its 100 million.
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ragrdoll21
[QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="waynehead895"]Damn. March 5-9. I'll actually be on a cruise. But Man SW is gonna fill up with the Halo Killer threads.lawlessx

Are you trying to own me with a 2 year old post, from some fanboy?:roll:
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#41 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

I just hope this game comes out soon so that cows can get owned yet again! :lol:

Come on.....KZ1 was a complete and utter flop. It didn't even come close to Halo2 in reviews or sales.

Cows must love being owned all the time because they hype KZ2.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="waynehead895"]Damn. March 5-9. I'll actually be on a cruise. But Man SW is gonna fill up with the Halo Killer threads.ragrdoll21

more like very large group of cows. and if you want something more recent..look at resistance; game was hyped to be a halo kiler by a good amount of people and those very same people that are hyping it to be better then halo are at the same time saying halo is a great game..which isnt what they want to admit. get my point?..im not just talking about killzone
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

good luck.

then again, it'll be hard to go lower than the 6.9 the original Killzone received....

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ragrdoll21
[QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="waynehead895"]Damn. March 5-9. I'll actually be on a cruise. But Man SW is gonna fill up with the Halo Killer threads.lawlessx

more like very large group of cows. and if you want something more recent..look at resistance; game was hyped to be a halo kiler by a good amount of people and those very same people that are hyping it to be better then halo are at the same time saying halo is a great game..which isnt what they want to admit. get my point?..im not just talking about killzone

Link to R:tfom being H@!* killer?You lems bring up H@!* everytime a PS3 FPS comes up,not the CoWs.I couldn't care less about H@!*.If I see a thread about it,I don't go into it....unlike you.;)
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JDW_games
Member since 2006 • 1892 Posts
I'm in the minority here I'm sure, but I honestly enjoyed KILLZONE and BLACK for the PS2 better than Halo 2. To me the only good thing about Halo is the multi player and that is it. I'm anxious to see how Killzone 2 turns out.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

I'm in the minority here I'm sure, but I honestly enjoyed KILLZONE and BLACK for the PS2 better than Halo 2. To me the only good thing about Halo is the multi player and that is it. I'm anxious to see how Killzone 2 turns out. JDW_games

why did you revive this thread??

chilly222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 chilly222
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts
they have put so much time and effort into making this game,i doubt very much that this game is gona flop.the second kill zone looks nothing like the first one.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Great news. There's a rumor going on that PSM UK has a preview on Killzone 2. They say there's a BETA in mid-2008, players can use vehicles, and possibly a third faction.

KZ3 for GDC

This arguement is getting old. Very, very old.

Wait, who just bumped this thread? :?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
KZ2 hype, a System Wars tradition since E3 2005.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

Let's see: Microsoft delivers with Halo 3, Sony teases with Killzone 2. Seems like every time there's a conference, there's a KZ rumor to go along with it. This new, Sony-backed Guerrilla isn't impressing me so far - KZ's ship date seems to be set in Jello, whereas Bungie has had Halo 3 on shelves for a few months now.

Message to Sony: MS already put their cards on the table. Show, or shut up.