Killzone is a graphics king?

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dave_NBF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dave_NBF
Member since 2005 • 1974 Posts

I caved and got a PS4 and for the record will enjoy the system for it's fighting games and some exclusives. This is the first generation where I intend only to have one console outside of the PC whereas I usually have all offerings.

I knew the technology in the PS4 was pretty midrange but with many PC gamers stating Killzone was a good representation of the power of the system, I decided to buy that as my launch game. It's actually a decent game and I find it to be rated low.

With that being said, the graphics are pretty terrible. Sure this is only the first generation of games but outside of the lighting, the textures are horrid. In no way does this game even approach the level of detail that PC games get. I'm surprised PC gamers really found this game to be visually impressive. The textures are flat, the character models are bland and I don't see much implementation of DX11.

Crysis 3 on max settings absolutely blows this game out of the water. I will even say 2007 Crysis with the Blackfire 1.3 mod puts this game to shame. BF4 is also leagues above Killzone visually (I only have the PC version to reference to).

I just really hope they get some good fighting games soon, and get the cloud service ready so I can play VF5:Final Showdown. So far, I am just playing through Killzone and watching my blu-rays. It amazes me how well this system is selling given how underwhelming it appears. It has a very weak launch library and I honestly think the graphics of the ps3/360 are very similar to what I am playing now. I guess I was spoiled by the PC. Good thing I have both.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I actually think the game is bad and graphics are nice...I'm the opposite of you.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

this thread should not have been made...

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

I totally disagree. I think the graphics are awesome and I'm also a PC gamer. Other than a handful of PC games nothing tops it. Best looking game on consoles for sure.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

The graphics, for a PC gamer like myself, are quite good but nothing mindblowing like Crysis 3 on max settings.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts
@I_can_haz said:

I totally disagree. I think the graphics are awesome and I'm also a PC gamer. Other than a handful of PC games nothing tops it. Best looking game on consoles for sure.

Thank you.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

^

I'm still playing through the game, but it seems like the gameplay starts out great and then slowly gets worse the further in you get.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

Sure.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

I hate when people talk something up and can't even bother to show some examples. Also funny how something is crap when compared to the very best PC has to offer..LOL!

http://abload.de/img/amarectv2013-11-1523-10u58.jpg

http://abload.de/img/amarectv2013-11-1721-kbuoh.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7385/11433495073_44e76f621d_o.png

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1599243_1393980447520180_326146410_o.jpg

http://i2.minus.com/ibXqCcLOAvcTZ.jpg

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

A visually stunning game, only possible on the worlds most powerful video game console, the PS4.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts

Shogun 2 looks better and is an actual good, epic game. As opposed to Halo man vs the evil space nazis.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

On consoles I think it's the best looking. But with pc included? Not even close

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Im like 2/3 in and i think the game looks much better than BF4 on ps4 but at the same time is much further from Crysis 3 than i ever thought. Before playing KZ and only looking at vids/screenshots i thought it looked very close to Crysis 3 but after playing it, KZ is far behind Crysis 3, like really FAR. I don't know what the fk with KZ:SF's AA but there's shimmering everywhere and from a far objects look very low rez (and im not talking about backgrounds but normal objects like ammo crates n such). Wish there was an easy way to show the pics taken on my ps4.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

This is exactly what I was saying. The textures suck.

Epic-gamerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Epic-gamerz
Member since 2014 • 222 Posts

Some early chapters look like crap while some of the later levels approach CGI. So you can't simply turn on KZ:SF and quickly rush to make a thread solely to bash the graphics early on the game. But yea one level looks like a straight up PS Vita port, while other levels were Real Next Gen

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Ryse smokes this corridor shooter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

I think it's probably the console graphics king. Against PC titles it holds it's own and is still better looking than the majority of PC titles currently out.

Also people always bring up Crysis and the year it was released but ignore the fact that no one could max it at launch, it's one of the few titles to be made with the future in mind and it shows given how well it holds up today. I'd like to see more games that are push like that game did.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

What did you expect from a console running cheap ass tablet CPU and a GPU barely matching a 570 from 2010. But I guess if you are an idiot (cow) you have an obligation to like it and parise its outdated graphics.

Epic-gamerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Epic-gamerz
Member since 2014 • 222 Posts

@zeeshanhaider: With its cheap specs it can still beat about 95% of PC games visually. I don't see why that's a bad thing but ofcourse you're a jealous fanboy

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zeeshanhaider

@epic-gamerz said:

@zeeshanhaider: With its cheap specs it can still beat about 95% of PC games visually. I don't see why that's a bad thing but ofcourse you're a jealous fanboy

PC library is so huge that even that 5% makes magnitude of times more than the games you will going to get in a year and we were having these kind of games from 2011, hell I would say better. And did I tell you the gap will get even wider. And all that is besides the point that you pulled that 95% out of your ass.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Ryse looks better but Pc gaming smokes the consoles and always will.

murray69murray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 murray69murray
Member since 2013 • 127 Posts

Crysis 3 is in its own league, KZSF first needs to compete with BF4, which it can't.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@justw8_n_c said:

Ryse takes all the breadsticks and marinara sauce on this one

ryse looks amazing.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@sukraj said:

@justw8_n_c said:

Ryse takes all the breadsticks and marinara sauce on this one

ryse looks amazing.

Another wise gamer.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Yea, I'd say it is the best looking game on consoles at the moment. Really crisp, so awesome textures, great resolution, solid performance. Really nice title.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

The graphics are great but the game itself sucks

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

KZS looks nice to me. Sure, it has warts in places where the graphics may not be top notch. But, so does every other game, including Crysis 3.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 zeeshanhaider

@murray69murray said:

Crysis 3 is in its own league, KZSF first needs to compete with BF4, which it can't.

It can't even compete with Ryse. Crysis is on whole different level. Comparing Crysis to it is an insult to Crysis.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#34 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

It a fantastic looking game, but i think BF4 is more impressive overall.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

lol, just like EVERY single graphics thread since this gen where lems refuse to post ryse shots.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

It was an average game with good graphics for a console.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Ryse smokes this corridor shooter.

ironic that you call it a corridor shooter when it is more open than Ryse...

@PAL360 said:

It a fantastic looking game, but i think BF4 is more impressive overall.

I agree. BF4 looks nicer overall, though the lighting in Killzone is stellar.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Show me Crysis 3 or Ryse screenshots look better than these. Truth is some of you never even played the game. KZS is at least in Crysis 3's league and smokes Ryse's 900p blurry mess.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zeeshanhaider

@gpuking said:

Show me Crysis 3 or Ryse screenshots look better than these. Truth is some of you never even played the game. KZS is at least in Crysis 3's league and smokes Ryse's 900p blurry mess.

Go away, you are not fun any more. Besides the industry has spoken, Ryse towers over Crapzone: Shadow Fail.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 zeeshanhaider

@killzowned24 said:

lol, just like EVERY single graphics thread since this gen where lems refuse to post ryse shots.

And, just like every single Crapzone thread idiots (cows) refuse to put a credible source to back up their claims. Now let's see who should we trust more, the random Sony drones or the game industry? I guess, later makes much more sense. Funny they run to DF to claim ownage over X1 but when it comes to Ryse, they go in 'lalalalalalalalala' mode. lol

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Snugenz

@gpuking said:

Dat insecurity, you always reek of it with your "killzone must be the best looking IT MUST BE" and yes i've played the game which isn't represented properly by the extremely cherry picked screens you've posted above.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Not fun any more lol, why because you can't post one decent screen of Ryse to prove me wrong? How old are you kid?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@Snugenz said:

@gpuking said:

Dat insecurity, you always reek of it with your "killzone must be the best looking IT MUST BE" and yes i've played the game which isn't represented properly by the extremely cherry picked screens you've posted above.

Nah...it's not about KZ. It's about, only the holy PS should have the best graphics and since multiplats can't prove him right he sticks to games only available on the holy Sony platform that is the PS.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Soon to be overthrown by Infamous: Second Son with its open world true next gen goodness. But Guerrilla did some miracle shit with that game to make it look that good for a launch game. Kudos to them.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

It's certainly a very pretty game but the mechanics should have been reworked. Far too many lulls in action and not enough made of the early more open promise.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jun_aka_pekto

@Snugenz said:

@gpuking said:

To be fair...... Don't we cherry-pick every screen we post here?

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Snugenz

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Snugenz said:

@gpuking said:

I never have, so "we" don't, though i'm sure others do, but should that excuse gpuking from being called out on it?. As he is one of the worst offenders of the practice and all.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 zeeshanhaider

@gpuking:

Old? You kiddin'? I haven't even born yet. But I can still afford a PC and knows a thing or two about graphics and realtime graphics, also do development in my leisure time, but yeah, I'm not rich enough to afford a $10 million TV (though still 1080p) like you. And I'm taking the industry's word over a random drone like you. So, yup, you aren't fun any more.

I hope to see you back with funny topic around the launch of UC4. Right now, you sounds more like crying.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jun_aka_pekto

@Snugenz said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Snugenz said:

@gpuking said:

I never have, so "we" don't, though i'm sure others do, but should that excuse gpuking from being called out on it?. As he is one of the worst offenders of the practice and all.

I mean we don't think about "cherry-picking." But, we probably do subconsciously. I mean I only take screenshots if I come across something that appealed to me.