Killzone 2 vs Gears of war 2 - GRAPHICS COMPARISON

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bungie93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 bungie93
Member since 2008 • 2445 Posts

Wow, rather mixed "opinions" here. It seems that everybody still has their fanboy goggles on.

I think that Killzone 2 has better TECHNICAL graphics, but Gears has better ARTISTIC graphics.

Who agrees?

Ultra-Fatality

Gears of War has better technical graphics, this really cannot be argued. It has better textures, higher polygon counts, and more sophisticated lighting.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. There is no way in hell that a crappy developer like Guerrilla Games will produce a more powerful engine than Epic Games, the creator of the two most popular graphics engines of all time.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
[QUOTE="Ultra-Fatality"]

Wow, rather mixed "opinions" here. It seems that everybody still has their fanboy goggles on.

I think that Killzone 2 has better TECHNICAL graphics, but Gears has better ARTISTIC graphics.

Who agrees?

bungie93

Gears of War has better technical graphics, this really cannot be argued. It has better textures, higher polygon counts, and more sophisticated lighting.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. There is no way in hell that a crappy developer like Guerrilla Games will produce a more powerful engine than Epic Games, the creator of the two most popular graphics engines of all time.

No. There is an argument. Guerilla has made a better engine, that's all.
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
[QUOTE="Ultra-Fatality"]

Who agrees?

bungie93

No, killzone 2 has a better lighting engine. It also has better particle/smoke effects, same or better physics effects, and don't forget the hit specific animations. Guerrilla may not be the greatest devs but they've worked VERY hard on this game and have gotten help from other devs. And that has allowed them to make a very technically impressive game. Even more impressive than GeoW 2 imo.

Avatar image for THE_Rob_Himself
THE_Rob_Himself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 THE_Rob_Himself
Member since 2007 • 942 Posts

[QUOTE="bungie93"][QUOTE="Ultra-Fatality"]

Who agrees?

munu9

No, killzone 2 has a better lighting engine. It also has better particle/smoke effects, same or better physics effects, and don't forget the hit specific animations. Guerrilla may not be the greatest devs but they've worked VERY hard on this game and have gotten help from other devs. And that has allowed them to make a very technically impressive game. Even more impressive than GeoW 2 imo.

Textures

Gears 2 > KZ 2

Lighting

KZ 2 > Gears 2

Animations

Gears 2 = KZ 2

Physics

Gears 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KZ 2

imo.

bungie93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 bungie93

[QUOTE="munu9"][QUOTE="bungie93"][QUOTE="Ultra-Fatality"]

Who agrees?

THE_Rob_Himself

Textures

Gears 2 > KZ 2

Lighting

KZ 2 > Gears 2

Animations

Gears 2 = KZ 2

Physics

Gears 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KZ 2

imo.

Who agrees?

munu9

I laughed. Killzone 2 has one of the most unrealistic lighting engines I have seen in recent years. It uses a very unrealistic red and blue bloom effect. The engines DOES NOT even use HDR lighting, which has basically become standard at this point. I'm sure you have no idea what that is though.

Iceman2911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Iceman2911
Member since 2006 • 2669 Posts

[QUOTE="halo3fails"]Killzone 2bungie93

Haha wow. A new account named "halo3fails." The Cows sure are getting desperate :roll:

wow you really are a lemming your bashing anybody who said killzone 2 looks better.

Jackman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Jackman1
Member since 2003 • 135 Posts

The Conduit on Wii destroyes both these games...

Ok seriously though, I am more excited for Gears 2, but I think both games look amazing

Jackman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Jackman1
[QUOTE="bungie93"]

[QUOTE="halo3fails"]Killzone 2Iceman2911

Haha wow. A new account named "halo3fails." The Cows sure are getting desperate :roll:

wow you really are a lemming your bashing anybody who said killzone 2 looks better.

ummmmm it looks to me that he is bashing him for his name, not because he picked killzone 2.

you really are a cow

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#59 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts
[QUOTE="bungie93"][QUOTE="ChrnoTrigger"]

That's a bad pic of KZ2. :|

Also, let's not compare the graphics til both games come out. All we've been doing is posting doctored/no HUD screens.

Sully28

Typical Cows excuse. Maybe Gears just looks better?

Those Killzone 2 screenshots may be doctored, but the Gears 2 ones are not. There is no HUD in Gears when you are standing still.

Same thing with killzone, when you arent shooting your screen is blank. But i still think killzone looks better. Gears still doesnt look any different from the first with the exception of some beter lighting. Not impressed.

http://img.hexus.net/v2/gaming/screenshots_xbox360/gears/gow1_large.jpg

Ofcoure...you have hear gears 1, which people complained about being too "boring and colorless"

Gears of War 2 Screenshot

This = epic.

Really, in the end, both are graphically great, but gameplay wise, Killzone 1 proved nothing, while we all know how epic and amazing gears 1 was.

bungie93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 bungie93

Gears of War 1 looks better than Killzone 2.

Iceman2911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Iceman2911
[QUOTE="Iceman2911"][QUOTE="bungie93"]

[QUOTE="halo3fails"]Killzone 2Jackman1

ummmmm it looks to me that he is bashing him for his name, not because he picked killzone 2.

you really are a cow

I wasn't talking to you and he can defend himself.You really are blind halo3fails is not the only person he bashed.

Jackman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Jackman1
[QUOTE="Jackman1"][QUOTE="Iceman2911"][QUOTE="bungie93"]

[QUOTE="halo3fails"]Killzone 2Iceman2911

you really are a cow

I wasn't talking to you and he can defend himself.You really are blind halo3fails is not the only person he bashed.

ohs noes the facepalm! I dont care thats all that I saw and I responded to it, respond to his other post then and not the one where he bashes someone for his name and not what game he says looks better. Nice try cow

bungie93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 bungie93
[QUOTE="Iceman2911"][QUOTE="Jackman1"][QUOTE="Iceman2911"][QUOTE="bungie93"]

[QUOTE="halo3fails"]Killzone 2Jackman1

you really are a cow

ohs noes the facepalm! I dont care thats all that I saw and I responded to it, respond to his other post then and not the one where he bashes someone for his name and not what game he says looks better. Nice try cow

I bashed him because I saw a level one account with 1 post on it named "halo3fails."

Iceman2911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Iceman2911

slim down on the quotes and he was level one I feel ashamed I only defend people who are level 2 or higher.

Richard_V2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Richard_V2
Member since 2008 • 126 Posts
All I can see in the pictures is that KZ2 has cool motion blur effects. But yeah, this thread blows.
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

Dead Rising Wii > bothTHE_Rob_Himself

ouch... the graphics!!!

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#67 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
The winner will be the one that get's to be played first.
boyinfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 boyinfridge
Member since 2006 • 1796 Posts

Who agrees?

munu9

This always makes me laugh when someone says this, even goldeneye on the n64 had hit specific animations, shoot a guy in the knee and see what happens.

munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 munu9

I laughed. Killzone 2 has one of the most unrealistic lighting engines I have seen in recent years. It uses a very unrealistic red and blue bloom effect. The engines DOES NOT even use HDR lighting, which has basically become standard at this point. I'm sure you have no idea what that is though.

bungie93

buddy are you new? Ever heard of "attack the post, not the poster"

munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 munu9

This always makes me laugh when someone says this, even goldeneye on the n64 had hit specific animations, shoot a guy in the knee and see what happens.

boyinfridge

Yes, shooting a guy in golden eye will look exactly the same as shooting a guy in killzone 2 :roll: the point is, in killzone 2 it actually looks very realistic. Each bullet hitting each different part of the body incites a different reaction. Even when using a machine gun. It's very rare seeing a guy die in the same way as another guy.

Tiamat_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Tiamat_Zero
Member since 2004 • 261 Posts
Killzone 2 looks better.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

Only a fanboy could think KZ2 looks better then Gears2.

rybe1025
Dumb statement.
Ice_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Ice_52
Member since 2008 • 261 Posts
They both look real good, but I like the environments from GoW2 better. Killzone is a little too black
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

They both look real good, but I like the environments from GoW2 better. Killzone is a little too blackIce_52
You have something against black games? I call racism! LOl

But yeah, the backgrounds definitely rival if not exceed those of KZ2.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15602 Posts

This thread should be renamed animations vs textures.

FreeMan5407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 FreeMan5407
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts
killzone 2 for now but gears 2 look awesome too, we need to play & complete those game so we can make a judgment. since we only see so little. but i bet both will sell millions & make alot of people happy (i hope)
Droopeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Droopeh
Member since 2008 • 638 Posts

Killzone 2 looks better than Gears 2, but Crysis still owns all.

Playstation3E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Playstation3E
Member since 2006 • 687 Posts

I think killzone 2 takes the cake in this comparison.

I don't like how the backgrounds in Gears 2 look 2d and blury

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts
Gears 2 at least it doesnt use pre canned lighting like some other game.
Al3x_n90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Al3x_n90
Member since 2007 • 2561 Posts

How many of these are we going to see in a week? :PBurnsmiesta

Lots

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#81 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I'm a lot more impressed by Gears, Killzone 2 has a lot of blur but both are good looking games. Very good looking.
clintos59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 clintos59
Member since 2008 • 1320 Posts

Here are some recent killzone 2 shots.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
gears>killzone
IgorVitaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 IgorVitaly
Member since 2008 • 1135 Posts

KZ2

Gears 2

clintos59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 clintos59
Member since 2008 • 1320 Posts

gears>killzoneNSR34GTR

Show me a gears of war 2 online multiplayer shot that looks better then killzone 2 online multiplayer shot. I mean just look at the character model. If this aint impressive for an online multiplayer screen shot then I dont know what is. Both games look great but the majority of game sites say killzone 2 looks the best. out of the 2. If gears 2 can bring the same level of detail in its online multiplayer to be on par as the single player like killzone 2 has then ill say they both are a tie. But for now killzone 2 looks a bit better then gears 2, and yes I know this is just opinion.

Avatar image for dbzultimate3134
dbzultimate3134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#86 dbzultimate3134
Member since 2004 • 759 Posts
i dont understand y u need to d comparison they really dont prove enything but um both look insane omg i cant wait for gears 2 wish i had a ps3 for mgs4 and killzone though must admit they do look awesome even though i love my 360
skyform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#87 skyform
Member since 2005 • 1522 Posts

[QUOTE="NSR34GTR"]gears>killzoneclintos59

Show me a gears of war 2 online multiplayer shot that looks better then killzone 2 online multiplayer shot. I mean just look at the character model. If this aint impressive for an online multiplayer screen shot then I dont know what is. Both games look great but the majority of game sites say killzone 2 looks the best. out of the 2. If gears 2 can bring the same level of detail in its online multiplayer to be on par as the single player like killzone 2 has then ill say they both are a tie. But for now killzone 2 looks a bit better then gears 2, and yes I know this is just opinion.

Gears mp, couldn't find any similar shot of Gears 2 mp

and one more

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

K2 beats gears easy.

Resistance is a better compare but R2 wins it also:)

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#89 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

those are touched up bull shots...

wait until both games are out then post these supposed gameplay shots.