Killzone 2: Just another?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 coakroach
Member since 2005 • 1356 Posts

So Killzone 2, The PS3's big flashy action game looks to have damn fine graphics and crazy gunplay.

Great right?

Well not really, I had higher hopes personally.

Dont get me wrong I can enjoy the advance-cover-shoot-advance-cover-shoot formula

Different weapons and enemies can really make it enjoyable despite the repetitive formula.

But I really think Sony and Guerilla have shot themselves in the foot by adding the Helghast skin to the Chimera or Locust or Covenant or just plain other people (Cod4) to the done to death style of shooter

But after watching a recent video the game not only takes already-done gameplay mechanics (not a big deal) but seems to hold your hand and tell you exactly what to do all the time with (what apparently looks like) zero choice from the player.

It looks like the world is babysitting you and an increase in difficulty would probably mean you swap your bullets with crayons while the enemy does the opposite.

Which is still to be expected and would probably be enjoyable but I ask you, gamers, is that good enough?

I hope for the franchises sake that they bring something in to make it a bit more....well.....interesting.

Maybe in one level you could get captured, lose your guns and communications nanny, and have to think for yourself.

Escape from a Helghast base with nothing but bare hands and a bit of brains, why not?!

My point is that PS3 shouldnt expect this to be a system seller if it doesnt bring some spice into it, some really creative level design and some surprises to get the pulse running.

And frankly I havent seen anything like that yet, fingers crossed for E3

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

fingers crossed for E3

coakroach

Yes ofcourse, We have only seen the same level over and over again of KZ2, I'm sure Guirrilla will show some new footage at E3 and give details on multiplayer. I expect the game to have a bigger showcase at Liepzeg in August though.

D3monchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 D3monchicken
Member since 2005 • 1270 Posts
Well considering we don't know anything about all of the mission types... Oh and saying they skinned a helghast over other fps enemies is the dumbest thing i've heard this week... That's like saying, OMFG another fps where you shoot an enemy? God, so generic e.e
Tony-Harrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tony-Harrison
Member since 2008 • 1884 Posts

First Person Shooters will go down the same route as the Platformer and be forced to evolve or nearly die out.

......but not this gen. Killzone 2 will probably be AAA.

Glitch321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Glitch321
Member since 2003 • 913 Posts
I just hope they don't keep using that cringe worthy dialogue throughout the game. I also hope i don't keep seeing alot of exploding barrels also.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

I will wait to judge, but I fully expect a very good looking, average shooter, which is fine with me. I will still most likely get it as long as the gameplay is solid.

If its better than I am expecting, all the better, but I will maintain low expectations and let the game wow me if it can, as opposed to expecting mind-blowing things and being let down.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 coakroach

Oh and saying they skinned a helghast over other fps enemies is the dumbest thing i've heard this weekD3monchicken

What about the guy who said Littlebigplanet isnt a game its a level editor?

An fps where you shoot people isnt generic

An fps where you use an assault rifle to get to point A before using a rocket launcher to blow up the building to get to point B before lobbing a grenade at people taking cover at point C sorta is

But your right I did generalise a bit much

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
it looks like a futuristic call of duty, which is what i wanted! if the gameplay is like cod then i will definitely enjoy it.
coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 coakroach

Oh and one more thing that Sony has failed to show.

The Multiplayer!

I must sees it :(!

Its fast becoming the defining feature of FPS games!

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts

The Multiplayer!

coakroach

that's called gradually building up interest / hype. don't worry it'll come sooner or later.

Glitch321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Glitch321
Member since 2003 • 913 Posts

The Multiplayer!

coakroach

I hope the multiplayer is good too. I think an easy way to make more gamers interested in it would be to add mod support also, but i dunno if that would work.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I haven't seen one thing about this game that has made me want to play it. This game is should really stand out and the only thing I see making it stand out is the hype, which I don't think it deserves.The FPS market is seriously overcrowded right now and this just looks like another scifi shooter with a really sparse color palette.

I hope E3 will surprise me.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

Halo has had the same formula for 6 years. It's not THAT big of a deal since they add many features and do things right.

You ever think GG can do that as well?