Killzone 2 - Best Game Ever on Any Platform?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS3Fanaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PS3Fanaddict
Member since 2009 • 491 Posts

This has got to be the Most Solid Shooter of All Time. In my opinion, it looks the best too, because the Lighting in this game has not even been seen in the likes of crysis.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts

ENOUGH!

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Let's give it a rest people. Please?

PS3Fanaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PS3Fanaddict

ENOUGH!

clembo1990
honestly, lets not kid ourselves, look at the gun in that game, it looks too fake, it doesnt even compare to the level of detail and smoothness of a GUN in KZ2, let alone everything else.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3Fanaddict"][QUOTE="clembo1990"]

ENOUGH!

honestly, lets not kid ourselves, look at the gun in that game, it looks too fake, it doesnt even compare to the level of detail and smoothness of a GUN in KZ2, let alone everything else.

while graphics are often a matter of opinion, i think that most posters here would disagree with you. IMO, Crysis is currently the graphics king.
Slambo86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Slambo86
Member since 2009 • 912 Posts
Best game ever would go to RE4, Best FPS ever....YES. IMO.
PS3Fanaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PS3Fanaddict
[QUOTE="PS3Fanaddict"][QUOTE="clembo1990"]

ENOUGH!

clone01

while graphics are often a matter of opinion, i think that most posters here would disagree with you. IMO, Crysis is currently the graphics king.

i disagree, and on top of graphics, nothing comes close to the Online experience of KZ2.
whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

all i can say is "L. O. L."

def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 def_mode
Member since 2005 • 4237 Posts

im sorry dude by crysis looks a lot better, i have both games.

but i can agree with you that KZ2 has better lightings. not saying crysis has bad lightings, its just the ones in KZ2 wowed me more.

Slambo86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Slambo86
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="PS3Fanaddict"][QUOTE="clembo1990"]

ENOUGH!

well, K2 is the console graphics king..and i think many would agree to that. Crysis overall, can't be matched..but thats obvious, due to hardware differences.
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts
Really, the Killzone 2 stuff is really getting outta hand. Its a great game i get it. But its not as if its the greatest game eva! Its not even the best shooter ever. Its not the best shooter this gen. Relax and enjoy the game and stop the stupidity. I'm going to play a little Killzone today an i'll enjoy it for what it is, a good shooter. You're really embarrassing yourself with the Crysis talk. Killzone is NOWHERE near crysis. Killzone is artistic and doesnt go for photo realism. Photo realism is much harder technically than photorealism.
wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wayne_kar
Member since 2009 • 2090 Posts
[QUOTE="clembo1990"]

ENOUGH!

PS3Fanaddict

the gun in KZ2 looks like its made out of a sheet of paper when your behind cover.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 clone01
i disagree, and on top of graphics, nothing comes close to the Online experience of KZ2.PS3Fanaddict
lot's of things are as good as KZ2 online. it just depends on your interests. Halo 3, Left 4 Dead, COD4, Ghost Recon 2, Resistance 2, TF2 all come to mind.
ackr1TE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ackr1TE
Member since 2007 • 636 Posts

Killzone2 is a good game... but personaly graphics wise it doesnt impress me.

One thing that bugs me the most is the inconsistent framerate online sometimes it feels like the framerate drops to 10.... How do i know this? because ur turn sensitivity goes to **** and it becomes extremly hard to aim at an enemy 2 ft away from you.

I dont think this game should have been more then 16 players.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 clone01

Killzone2 is a good game... but personaly graphics wise it doesnt impress me.

One thing that bugs me the most is the inconsistent framerate online sometimes it feels like the framerate drops to 10.... How do i know this? because ur turn sensitivity goes to **** and it becomes extremly hard to aim at an enemy 2 ft away from you.

I dont think this game should have been more then 16 players.

ackr1TE

i've noticed that, too. i've also had some difficulty with the more limited field of view. certainly not enough to be a game breaker, but i have noticed it.

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

KZ 2 would've been the best if it were co-op.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 clone01

KZ 2 would've been the best if it were co-op.

patriots7672
yeah, i kind of wished they would have included a coop mode.
Avatar image for UndertakerVsHBK
UndertakerVsHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 UndertakerVsHBK
Member since 2009 • 116 Posts
Graphics=Good Games Also your opinion is horrible TC
PS3Fanaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PS3Fanaddict
[QUOTE="PS3Fanaddict"]i disagree, and on top of graphics, nothing comes close to the Online experience of KZ2.clone01
lot's of things are as good as KZ2 online. it just depends on your interests. Halo 3, Left 4 Dead, COD4, Ghost Recon 2, Resistance 2, TF2 all come to mind.

real time mission transition says hi
Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kandlegoat
Member since 2009 • 3147 Posts

Ironic how Killzone 2 fanboys have taken the title of "most annoying fanboys" from Halo

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

Haven't played Crysis. Played KillZone 2.

That's about it. Killzone 2 is a great game, and the 9.0 score seems fair to me. But it's not even the best game on the PS3. That's a matter of opinion though.

Slambo86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Slambo86

Ironic how Killzone 2 fanboys have taken the title of "most annoying fanboys" from Halo

Kandlegoat
Go on xbox live with Halo 3...and you would rethink that statement.
DeckardLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 DeckardLee
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

because the Lighting in this game has not even been seen in the likes of crysis.

PS3Fanaddict

HAHAHAHAHAHAAH! You haven't played Crysis. Don't even try to lie. Don't you dare. Well, maybe it's possible you tried it on 6600 and thought that represented something. Either way, FAIL!

Also,

http://ps3thevolution.com/2009/03/09/killzone-2-smoke-and-mirrors-from-a-cgi-artist/

Killzone 2's lighting is AWFUL. Stop trying to make Killzone 2 your console's savior.

Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kandlegoat

[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

Slambo86

oh but I have...both are equally annoying. not to mention I see way more threads titled "Killzone 2 iz teh bestest GAmE eva lulz" these days.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
Is not even the best FPS on the Ps3...
Slambo86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Slambo86

[QUOTE="PS3Fanaddict"]

because the Lighting in this game has not even been seen in the likes of crysis.

DeckardLee

HAHAHAHAHAHAAH! You haven't played Crysis. Don't even try to lie. Don't you dare. Well, maybe it's possible you tried it on 6600 and thought that represented something. Either way, FAIL!

Also,

http://ps3thevolution.com/2009/03/09/killzone-2-smoke-and-mirrors-from-a-cgi-artist/

Killzone 2's lighting is AWFUL. Stop trying to make Killzone 2 your console's savior.

K2's lighting is awful? yet you have the nerve to say his lying? K2 shows some of the best and most advanced lighting engine on consoles, nothing matches it. (consoles) I guess you should read more about it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
Member since 2005 • 6504 Posts
Not by a long shot.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
Absolutely not. Killzone 2 is a great game, but it's nowhere near the best game ever on any platform.
Slambo86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Slambo86

[QUOTE="Slambo86"][QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

Kandlegoat

oh but I have...both are equally annoying. not to mention I see way more threads titled "Killzone 2 iz teh bestest GAmE eva lulz" these days.

Is it that surprising? The game is still fresh out and hype/excitement is normal. The game is really good. As for being equal oh god know, no way...well, NOT yet anyway. lol. Halo is a bigger game.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clone01
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="PS3Fanaddict"]i disagree, and on top of graphics, nothing comes close to the Online experience of KZ2.PS3Fanaddict

real time mission transition says hi

that's fine, but it still doesn't put that game on a vastly superior level concerning the enjoyment of online play.
PS3Fanaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PS3Fanaddict
[QUOTE="Slambo86"][QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

Go on xbox live with Halo 3...and you would rethink that statement. Slambo86

Is it that surprising? The game is still fresh out and hype/excitement is normal. The game is really good. As for being equal oh god know, no way...well, NOT yet anyway. lol. Halo is a bigger game.

rnt you the same person who called KZ2 the best fps shooter ever in this same thread? lulz
MBP_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MBP_King
Member since 2009 • 903 Posts

That's too subjective to ones own personally opinion. I think everyone can at least admit that it's a great game with wonderful production values.

romans828_2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 romans828_2002
Member since 2003 • 1108 Posts
Killzone 2 looks fantastic, but once you get past the graphics, it's a run-of-the-mill FPS. The controls aren't nearly as responsive as I'd like. The mission objectives are typical FPS, the guns are typical FPS, and the story is weak. Yes, the graphics are nice, but other than that, there is really nothing in this game that sets it far above any other good FPS that's come out this generation.
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

Best FPS - Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

Best game ever - Hmmm.....

Slambo86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Slambo86
@PS3fanaddict. I was talking SALES-wise...meaning more annoying Halo 3 fans due to popularity, already stated K2 is the best FPS, IMO...get it?
Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kandlegoat

[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

[QUOTE="Slambo86"] Go on xbox live with Halo 3...and you would rethink that statement. Slambo86

That's still no excuse dude,there's plenty of games that come out all the times that are just as great and exciting if not,more than KZ2,but you don't see 50 annoying threads a day about it.

and what are you talking about halo being the bigger game?,I thought Killzone2 is bigger than Halo?,better yet,I thought on The Day of KZ2's release,a freak occurence was gonna take place,where every one in the world were gonna throw out their' 360's and Wiis,and all buy a PS3 for KZ2,and Ps3 will be Number 1 again.....and all of this happening in the day of KZ2's release?...are you trying to tell me this hasnt happened? ;)

PS3Fanaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PS3Fanaddict
@PS3fanaddict. I was talking SALES-wise...meaning more annoying Halo 3 fans due to popularity, already stated K2 is the best FPS, IMO...get it? Slambo86
well u said its a bigger GAME, so u can see why i misunderstood
FunCrusher303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 FunCrusher303
Member since 2004 • 1191 Posts

Answer - NO! Killzone 2 isNOT The Best Game Ever on Any Platform.I don't need to debate the answer to this question either. Overall, why ask a question if you can't accept the answer? People are funny :lol:

Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#41 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

[QUOTE="DeckardLee"]

[QUOTE="PS3Fanaddict"]

Slambo86

Also,

K2's lighting is awful? yet you have the nerve to say his lying? K2 shows some of the best and most advanced lighting engine on consoles, nothing matches it. (consoles) I guess you should read more about it.

The fanboys that keep posting this ridiculous link and claiming that the lighting in KZ2 is awful--obviously having never seen it themselves and trusting an anonymous "CGI expert" instead of their own eyes--are worse than the fanboys who say KZ2 looks better than Crysis.

vlens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 vlens
Member since 2003 • 497 Posts

Kandlegoat

yea, but IMO halo:ce can be considered one of the best games ever! And many people agree on this one! The game came out second on the big 'best game ever' thread we had two months ago! That say's something for a game that's 8 years old! But i know what you mean! You can state something like that as an opinion, but you can't say some game is the best as a fact! ..... Or can I? yes,.... Ocarina of Time = best game ever :P

Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Kandlegoat

[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

vlens

yea, but IMO halo:ce can be considered one of the best games ever! And many people agree on this one! The game came out second on the big 'best game ever' thread we had two months ago! That say's something for a game that's 8 years old! But i know what you mean! You can state something like that as an opinion, but you can't say some game is the best as a fact! ..... Or can I? yes,.... Ocarina of Time = best game ever :P

It was mainly a shot at cows,seeing how for the longest time,they looked down on halo fans,and referred to them as little kids whenever they made threads about "halo being da bestest game eva",now look at them,they're doing the same thing...just thought i'd point out how ironic and hypocritical the situation is.

DeckardLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 DeckardLee
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

[QUOTE="Slambo86"][QUOTE="DeckardLee"]

Also,

Mr_Ditters

The fanboys that keep posting this ridiculous link and claiming that the lighting in KZ2 is awful--obviously having never seen it themselves and trusting an anonymous "CGI expert" instead of their own eyes--are worse than the fanboys who say KZ2 looks better than Crysis.

For the last time, the person who wrote that was a biased fanboy. But, his technical observations are correct.

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
[QUOTE="clembo1990"]

ENOUGH!

PS3Fanaddict

At least Crysis doesn't aklsuiduiwauirbjb jkb...
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#46 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts

im sorry dude by crysis looks a lot better, i have both games.

but i can agree with you that KZ2 has better lightings. not saying crysis has bad lightings, its just the ones in KZ2 wowed me more.

def_mode
True Story!
Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#47 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr_Ditters"]

[QUOTE="Slambo86"] K2's lighting is awful? yet you have the nerve to say his lying? K2 shows some of the best and most advanced lighting engine on consoles, nothing matches it. (consoles) I guess you should read more about it.DeckardLee

For the last time, the person who wrote that was a biased fanboy. But, his technical observations are correct.

No.. his comments about lighting in Killzone--how its "artificial light" and its "cheating"--are not technically correct. He takes Killzones best feature, its lighting, and accuses KZ2 of flaws that every other game has. He is a fanboy trying to pawn himself as a CGI expert. I doubt he even knows what a CGI expert is.

Then fanboys in SW, who have never played KZ2, post a link to that sham of an article like its some sort of authority proving how Killzone's graphics suck.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
[QUOTE="clembo1990"]

ENOUGH!

PS3Fanaddict

WHAT? Explain what you mean. Crysis is technically more detailed than KZ2, the lighting is superior, what are you saying? btw that picture is scaled down and not even a screenshot:
MrSlippery39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 MrSlippery39
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts

I thought MGS4 was the best game ever, am I right cows?

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 Flam3Thr0w3r
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

It's an excellent game, but it is not the best game ever.