Just out of curiosity what would console graphics "settings" be relati

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jimmyrussle117 (774 posts) -

Like Medium, High, Low?Say for instance i had a copy of Skyrim, running with all the bells and whistles, and also had the console version of skyrim right next to it, what settings would i lower in order to make them look identical?

#2 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
Below low.
#3 Posted by BPoole96 (22803 posts) -

A mix of medium and low on most games

#4 Posted by lundy86_4 (43750 posts) -

Typically, Medium-High. Note that PC's often have games running above High (i.e. ultra, etc), with added effects/futher AA/furtherAF/further fps/further draw distance.

#5 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

Low, but with custom console settings such as the "vaseline smear" filter that makes everything blurrier.

#6 Posted by super600 (30819 posts) -

Low-Medium depending on the game.

#7 Posted by locopatho (20421 posts) -
Medium.
#8 Posted by 15strong (2806 posts) -

Around medium. But the higher resolution makes a huge difference.

#9 Posted by Ross_the_Boss6 (2754 posts) -

Medium, wouldn't go as far as low.

#10 Posted by jimmyrussle117 (774 posts) -

Low, but with custom console settings such as the "vaseline smear" filter that makes everything blurrier.

Ly_the_Fairy

Lets not forget the ever immersive "screen tear" option

#11 Posted by Jankarcop (9873 posts) -

-Low gfx options

-Low resolution

-But still very low FPS

#12 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15589 posts) -
Medium with a low resolution.
#13 Posted by the_bi99man (11054 posts) -

It really depends on the game. Some games are actually pretty close, except for resolution, but those are games that are considered to be pretty bad looking PC games. In my experience of directly comparing PS3 games with the PC versions on the same TV (which includes comparisons of the Batman Arkham games, GTA4, Just Cause 2, Counterstrike: GO, and a few others), the PS3 version is usually comparable to medium/low settings, at 720p(ish) resolution.

#14 Posted by the_bi99man (11054 posts) -

Typically, Medium-High. Note that PC's often have games running above High (i.e. ultra, etc), with added effects/futher AA/furtherAF/further fps/further draw distance.

lundy86_4

And then there's Crysis 2, where "High" is the lowest setting.:lol:

#15 Posted by lundy86_4 (43750 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

the_bi99man

And then there's Crysis 2, where "High" is the lowest setting.:lol:

lol.

#16 Posted by GD1551 (9155 posts) -

It's a mix of low-high.

#17 Posted by ferret-gamer (17339 posts) -
In the past it was usually around medium, but lately more and more games have the low settings comparable to consoles.
#18 Posted by the_bi99man (11054 posts) -

It's a mix of low-high.

GD1551

Yeah, there is actually a little bit of high thrown in there, usually. It's just weird because of what the consoles can do and what they can't. Some things they actually handle pretty well, but then they just really fall way behind in other places. Like textures. They have so little VRAM, they're usually using super crappy textures, even if they can have a higher level of other effects. Which is like the opposite of how I'd like it. When I have to start turning down settings to get good framerates (which happens a lot these days, with my aging laptop), textures are always the last thing to go, and I can almost always leave textures maxed out, while turning down other things. I just like the detail. Even if I have to turn down/off fancy shadows, particle effects, lighting or whatever, I just really prefer to have the most texture detail I can get, at the very least.

#19 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16692 posts) -

What a coincidence. I still have a couple of Crysis 2 images from a loosey thread a while back. One is a 360 image. The other is my PC screenshot at the very lowest setting I can get Crysis 2 in.

crysis2360npc3.jpg

#20 Posted by the_bi99man (11054 posts) -

What a coincidence. I still have a couple of Crysis 2 images from a loosey thread a while back. One is a 360 image. The other is my PC screenshot at the very lowest setting I can get Crysis 2 in.

crysis2360npc3.jpg

jun_aka_pekto

The bottom is PC, right? And yeah, Crysis 2 is like that. Hahaha. When I was playing it on my laptop, I wished I could make it look worse for a better framerate.

#21 Posted by nutcrackr (12724 posts) -
depends on game, some high, many low. They also usually run sub HD resolutions too.
#22 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16692 posts) -

The bottom is PC, right? And yeah, Crysis 2 is like that.

the_bi99man

Yup.

#23 Posted by Chris_Williams (14874 posts) -

super saiyan settings

#24 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6255 posts) -

1920x720

2x MSAA

DX9 features

#25 Posted by charizard1605 (58911 posts) -

Medium running at 1280x720, and locked at 30FPS.

#26 Posted by lundy86_4 (43750 posts) -

1920x720

ZombieKiller7

1280x720.

#27 Posted by silversix_ (14990 posts) -
ps3/360/wiiu, medium/low/VERY LOW (console exclusive feature). Wii, 1 decade downgrade graphics.
#28 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6255 posts) -

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

1920x720

lundy86_4

1280x720.

err yeah

Been a long day

#29 Posted by LazyKAE89 (11 posts) -

Low/Med-High
20-30fps average
lots of motion blur
1280x720 and below
2xAA or no anti-aliasing

#30 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

Ly_the_Fairy

Pretty much this.