Just can't take PC gaming seriously...

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 colmusterd28
Member since 2006 • 2854 Posts

I'm not trying to start a war here but I've been searching through the flyers because I'm going to buy a new computer in the next couple weeks and honestly being a gamer of over 25 years, I just don't think PC gaming is an option I would ever explore...

Gaming is so much better enjoyed from your most comfortable living room chair with your big T.V. (yes I know you can get tvs to hook up to your pc) Again, I'm not trying to knock pc gamers ( to each their own ) but PC gaming is a novelty to me, always will be.

KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
Then don't buy a high end computer.
twags82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 twags82
Member since 2003 • 4531 Posts

That's awesome! Because you aren't trying to start a war, so you decided to post this in SW instead of a blog.

Next.

Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Kaosed
Member since 2006 • 3409 Posts

guys i dont wana start a fight, but i think ps3 is *** so ill post it in SW

im zo inteligent1!

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts

I'm not trying to start a war here but I've been searching through the flyers because I'm going to buy a new computer in the next couple weeks and honestly being a gamer of over 25 years, I just don't think PC gaming is an option I would ever explore...

Gaming is so much better enjoyed from your most comfortable living room chair with your big T.V. (yes I know you can get tvs to hook up to your pc) Again, I'm not trying to knock pc gamers ( to each their own ) but PC gaming is a novelty to me, always will be.

colmusterd28

Like you said, you can hook up yourPC to the TV. The best thing about PC gaming is the plethora of options available. You also get games like Crysis, Far Cry 2, Starcraft 2, The Witcher, Sins of a Solar Empire, Dragon Age, etc.

The hardware allows developers to do more with their games and really push the envelope on the tech side with FPS's, and the M+KB allows RTS games to be much more fluid and natural. The more mature audience of PC gaming allows for mature games like The Witcher (and Dragon Age.... If Bioware is to be believed, Dragon Age is their most mature RPG to date) to succeed. Then there are mods and user generate content...

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 karasill
Member since 2007 • 3155 Posts
And consoles are less of a novelty? Most people consider consoles to be toys, a dumb downed cheap PC to accommodate the ignorant and lazy. Console gamers need to at least respect PC gaming (not saying you don't) becuase without it, consoles of today would be very different. It's not coincidence that consoles are trying to be more like PC's with every generation.
NerdMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NerdMan
Member since 2002 • 2749 Posts
Odd, I get stiff/sore much faster sitting on my couch than sitting in this chair.
Avatar image for comstrikeiscool
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 comstrikeiscool
Member since 2004 • 3616 Posts
What?
colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 colmusterd28

Odd, I get stiff/sore much faster sitting on my couch than sitting in this chair.NerdMan

whoa whoa.... way too much info...

colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 colmusterd28

Then don't buy a high end computer.KillaHalo2o9

well in all honesty, I'm gonna buy an Hp with 3 gigs of RaM and about 360 gigs of space and an AMD processor. I thought about the possibilities of doing the gamer stuff but it just seems like a waste of money for me because I can't see myself sitting infront of my computer for hours at a time playing Bioshock for example.... it just seems weird...

Noldorin2646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Noldorin2646
Member since 2007 • 641 Posts

[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]Then don't buy a high end computer.colmusterd28

well in all honesty, I'm gonna buy an Hp with 3 gigs of RaM and about 360 gigs of space and an AMD processor. I thought about the possibilities of doing the gamer stuff but it just seems like a waste of money for me because I can't see myself sitting infront of my computer for hours at a time playing Bioshock for example.... it just seems weird...

Fine, but keep in mind that what seems weird to you is what hundreds of millions of PC gamers around the world deem natural.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

Odd, I get stiff/sore much faster sitting on my couch than sitting in this chair.NerdMan

You have dead-leg syndrome?

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 horrowhip

[QUOTE="NerdMan"]Odd, I get stiff/sore much faster sitting on my couch than sitting in this chair.Pro_wrestler

You have dead-leg syndrome?

no.... he probably just has a REALLY nice desk chair like me... You will never find me complaining about it... EVER.

$100 well spent.

CelineDion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CelineDion
Member since 2002 • 5972 Posts

Yet you willingly sit in front of a computer for hours at a time baiting hermits on SW.

:|

Demetri_OS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Demetri_OS
Member since 2006 • 2514 Posts
If PC gaming is a "novelty", then why are the consoles trying SO hard to be just like them? With hard drives, internet access, etc. etc.
colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 colmusterd28
[QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]Then don't buy a high end computer.CelineDion

Yet you willingly sit in front of a computer for hours at a time baiting hermits on SW.

:|

picture this... ColMusterd... a bed.... a bucket of KFC (extra crispy)... white stained briefs.... 450 pounds.... comfort? I thought so....

JimmyT2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JimmyT2
Member since 2007 • 771 Posts
Your over 25 and you are able to find a large number of games that appeal to you on consoles? I envy you because I always feel console games are targeted at teens with the exception of a few. Some appeal to people of all ages but others are just make me feel like I'm having a mid-life crysis. On PC I feel there is less games that try to be "cool" (what teens consider cool anyway) and attract the teen audience. I probably didn't explain that well.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

well you pc hook pc to tv etc as you said if you want to and use a controller. you don't want that's another thing.

this is precisely why i don't take console gaming seriously. not enough freedom to customize according to your preferences

colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 colmusterd28

Your over 25 and you are able to find a large number of games that appeal to you on consoles? I envy you because I always feel console games are targeted at teens with the exception of a few. Some appeal to people of all ages but others are just make me feel like I'm having a mid-life crysis. On PC I feel there is less games that try to be "cool" (what teens consider cool anyway) and attract the teen audience. I probably didn't explain that well.JimmyT2

80 year olds are buying the Wii... thats a console....

Im 29 and I still have a great number of franchises I like... they keep me young... Im mostly a BioWare deciple...

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 horrowhip

[QUOTE="JimmyT2"]Your over 25 and you are able to find a large number of games that appeal to you on consoles? I envy you because I always feel console games are targeted at teens with the exception of a few. Some appeal to people of all ages but others are just make me feel like I'm having a mid-life crysis. On PC I feel there is less games that try to be "cool" (what teens consider cool anyway) and attract the teen audience. I probably didn't explain that well.colmusterd28

Im 29 and I still have a great number of franchises I like... they keep me young... Im mostly a BioWare deciple...

you are going to need a Gaming PC if you want to enjoy what the BioWare CEO called their best game to date in Dragon Age... That's right, he said that he is more excited about Dragon Age than he has about ANY other game they have made.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Its not really a legitimate complaint when a pc can fit along those lines you have set.. You said it self you can output your pc to the tv,along with wireless stuff you can sit comfortably on your couch.. Not a really good point at all really..
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
Don't buy a computer then. I'm fine with all my adventure games on the PC :D
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

[QUOTE="JimmyT2"]Your over 25 and you are able to find a large number of games that appeal to you on consoles? I envy you because I always feel console games are targeted at teens with the exception of a few. Some appeal to people of all ages but others are just make me feel like I'm having a mid-life crysis. On PC I feel there is less games that try to be "cool" (what teens consider cool anyway) and attract the teen audience. I probably didn't explain that well.colmusterd28

If your a BioWare disciple you really owe it to yourself to get a gaming PC.

steve8198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 steve8198
Member since 2003 • 531 Posts

Yea so i hooked up my pc to my tv and got on my recliner and well its blurry

so yea your right consoles >pc's.

phantom-4112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 phantom-4112
Member since 2007 • 390 Posts
wow. You go into sw and say this not expecting a fight. Thats like going into a Jesus convention and going: I don't want to get lectured at, but I'm an Atheist." This is going right into my sig.
Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts
Colmustard I just can't take you seriously. You state you "don't want to start a war" only because you know PC gamers could rip you a new one.
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
Whenever I see these types of threads and someone mentions couches or Laz-E-Boys, I always have to wonder what kind of computer chairs console owners sit down on, and if they're at all aware of the concept of comfortable chairs. What do you think executives that do nothing but sit in meetings all day sit down on? Couches?
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
If you didn't want to start a war, you posted in the wrong forum buddy. :P
PS2_ROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PS2_ROCKS
Member since 2003 • 4679 Posts

Just for the record thats whats known as being narrow minded. Hundreds of millions of people sit in front of their PC's playing games or doing work for hours on end so I can't see how it can be considered weird.

Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Riki101
Member since 2004 • 2339 Posts
your looking through a flyer what store? best buy? future shop, DONT

BUILD IT
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 br0kenrabbit  Online
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

colmusterd28
*sigh*
colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 colmusterd28

Colmustard I just can't take you seriously. You state you "don't want to start a war" only because you know PC gamers could rip you a new one.Udsen

You really think that some kid shouting tech jargon at me intimidates me...? you sorely missunderestemate me...

t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts

colmusterd28

I'm sorry that your computer chair is destroying your prospects as a PC gamer. But my computer chair is very comfy, it should be, because I play games while sitting in it.

Seriously though, what the hell kind of computer chairs do you people buy that are so damn uncomfortable? Do you go to some freaking Dada convention and buy a chair made of nails?

Avatar image for slothboyadvance
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 slothboyadvance
Member since 2003 • 12596 Posts
I've been dabbling into PC gaming lately (I say "dabbling" because my PC sucks) and I find it an enjoyable alternative. The community in games like Counter Strike: Source and Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy are great; much better than the "screamers" I find in Halo 3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="Udsen"]Colmustard I just can't take you seriously. You state you "don't want to start a war" only because you know PC gamers could rip you a new one.colmusterd28

You really think that some kid shouting tech jargon at me intimidates me...? you sorely missunderestemate me...

Come up with some real reasons for crying out loud.. The reasons you have been stated are false because you CAN do it with the computer... Maybe if you gave some legitimate reasons such as prefering certain genres that are only on consoles, split screen etc.. Stuff that the pc has trouble doing, then I could at least take your post seriously.

slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 slothboyadvance
[QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

[QUOTE="Udsen"]Colmustard I just can't take you seriously. You state you "don't want to start a war" only because you know PC gamers could rip you a new one.sSubZerOo

Come up with some real reasons for crying out loud.. The reasons you have been stated are false because you CAN do it with the computer... Maybe if you gave some legitimate reasons such as prefering certain genres that are only on consoles, split screen etc.. Stuff that the pc has trouble doing, then I could at least take your post seriously.

Woah, woah, woah... woah... woah...

What's this now, PCs have trouble doing split screen? Why?

Wartzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Wartzay
Member since 2006 • 2036 Posts

well in all honesty, I'm gonna buy an Hp with 3 gigs of RaM and about 360 gigs of space and an AMD processor.

colmusterd28

Stop. Right. There. Do not buy a prebuilt PC. It is stupid to do so with the resources you have to help you maximize your power for your dollar. Only people completely ignorant of the internet AND computers should buy prebuilts. No, wait, thats no excuse either. Only people buying a large volume of computers at once for a discount for a business should buy prebuilts.

There.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

[QUOTE="Udsen"]Colmustard I just can't take you seriously. You state you "don't want to start a war" only because you know PC gamers could rip you a new one.slothboyadvance

As in splitscreen multiplayer, being able to play off one system with multiple people... Though I think its a trade off, sense PC does have the best online multiplayer out there in both customizability, quality, content and it being free.

slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 slothboyadvance
[QUOTE="slothboyadvance"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

[QUOTE="Udsen"]Colmustard I just can't take you seriously. You state you "don't want to start a war" only because you know PC gamers could rip you a new one.sSubZerOo

As in splitscreen multiplayer, being able to play off one system with multiple people... Though I think its a trade off, sense PC does have the best online multiplayer out there in both customizability, quality, content and it being free.

Well, I would take all of those over split screen any day (for most games).

But what I'm wondering is: Why can't PC's do split screen?

colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 colmusterd28
[QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

ok... I don't really trust computers all that much... all I ever read is people not being able to load Bioshock and Crysis and such. Plus as an average everyday PC user I don't feel the need to constantly maintain and update a computer to play games. I'm not debating the PC's capabilities, they've always been steps ahead of console gaming in a lot of areas however I own a home with an office... thats were my PC goes.... I own a house with a big living room... thats were my entertainment goes... Bottom line... my console is a device that with exception to the normal online dashboard updates, I don't have to worry about a thing for at least 5 years... tons of games tons of fun....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

[QUOTE="Udsen"]Colmustard I just can't take you seriously. You state you "don't want to start a war" only because you know PC gamers could rip you a new one.colmusterd28

ok... I don't really trust computers all that much... all I ever read is people not being able to load Bioshock and Crysis and such.

You don't read enough, those people are the minority.. And alot of times the errors can be fixed with a few fixs.

Plus as an average everyday PC user I don't feel the need to constantly maintain and update a computer to play games.

Constantly update the game in hardware? No you don't you can play very well off with a system for 4 years.. Maybe evne more depending on the genres you play.. Top that off it opens you up to numerous great games that are older..

I'm not debating the PC's capabilities, they've always been steps ahead of console gaming in a lot of areas however I own a home with an office... thats were my PC goes.... I own a house with a big living room... thats were my entertainment goes... Bottom line... my console is a device that with exception to the normal online dashboard updates, I don't have to worry about a thing for at least 5 years... tons of games tons of fun....

The PC has more games...

IN the end I don't see this as a real legitimate reason.. The PC isn't that hard to understand, bare minimum it requires a hours read... And to top that off you don't need to upgrade every time either.. The PC right now already surpasses the console at this level, no one is telling you that you must have max graphics on every new game to look better then Xbox360 cuase thats not the case.. Hell Crysis for instance looks better on medium settings then the majority if not all the games, and it doesnt require that much tor un that high.. And Crysis will be on top for a very long time as far as graphics go.

Then again its understandable for most, but I must say this kind of mentality in my eyes are what cuases Devs to dumb down their material.. That any learning curve of any kind will be too hard for the person who doesnt want to learn a thing at the word go.

colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 colmusterd28
[QUOTE="colmusterd28"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

ok... I don't really trust computers all that much... all I ever read is people not being able to load Bioshock and Crysis and such.

You don't read enough, those people are the minority.. And alot of times the errors can be fixed with a few fixs.

Plus as an average everyday PC user I don't feel the need to constantly maintain and update a computer to play games.

Constantly update the game in hardware? No you don't you can play very well off with a system for 4 years.. Maybe evne more depending on the genres you play.. Top that off it opens you up to numerous great games that are older..

I'm not debating the PC's capabilities, they've always been steps ahead of console gaming in a lot of areas however I own a home with an office... thats were my PC goes.... I own a house with a big living room... thats were my entertainment goes... Bottom line... my console is a device that with exception to the normal online dashboard updates, I don't have to worry about a thing for at least 5 years... tons of games tons of fun....

The PC has more games...

IN the end I don't see this as a real legitimate reason.. The PC isn't that hard to understand, bare minimum it requires a hours read... And to top that off you don't need to upgrade every time either.. The PC right now already surpasses the console at this level, no one is telling you that you must have max graphics on every new game to look better then Xbox360 cuase thats not the case.. Hell Crysis for instance looks better on medium settings then the majority if not all the games, and it doesnt require that much tor un that high.. And Crysis will be on top for a very long time as far as graphics go.

Then again its understandable for most, but I must say this kind of mentality in my eyes are what cuases Devs to dumb down their material.. That any learning curve of any kind will be too hard for the person who doesnt want to learn a thing at the word go.

Whoa whoa... Im the consumer here... Why should I cater to the dev... We're taking about games right? shouldn't they be providing me with the great experience...? I know some of us are "hardcore" gamers... some of us are parents with careers, and mortgages... I have absolutly zero desire to even get near a "learning curve" on a great game experience. I pop a game in the tray and start playing... done. By no means am I a casual gamer either. I love all genres and I take pride in my 25 plus years in this hobby... I'm just not about to jump through hoops of any difficulty to play games...

SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts

sSubZerOo

You've gotta understand, in the end there are some people who just don't want to deal with a PC. Not that typical PC functions are all that complex, but the average user doesn't have the knowledge to deal with all the different types of issues that can come up on a PC. Does this seem like the ideal platform for said user to play games on? Add to that the fact that most console gamers are using a TV, and either can't, or don't want to hook their PC up to their TV, and you can see why PC gaming isn't for everyone.

SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts

Whoa whoa... Im the consumer here... Why should I cater to the dev... We're taking about games right? shouldn't they be providing me with the great experience...? I know some of us are "hardcore" gamers... some of us are parents with careers, and mortgages... I have absolutly zero desire to even get near a "learning curve" on a great game experience. I pop a game in the tray and start playing... done. By no means am I a casual gamer either. I love all genres and I take pride in my 25 plus years in this hobby... I'm just not about to jump through hoops of any difficulty to play games...

colmusterd28

Exactly. I remember jumping through hoops trying to get the original Battle for Middleearth to work on my computer, and I couldn't even get it to run on my brother's even though his was newer and had better hardware. If I popped the same game into my 360, I'd be certain it would work, and although the game would obviously not be quite on the PC version's level, running it hassle-free is important. The fact of the matter is, my computer pisses me off enough during everyday use that I'd rather not have to deal with it everytimeI play a game...

SOTE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SOTE
Member since 2004 • 3398 Posts
ummm okay so whats the point of this thread if you aren't trying to start a war? but pc gaming has always been better for me than console gaming cause i like to listen to my own dam music if the sound sucks on a game and i want to browse the internet while i am waiting on everyone else to die if i am playing online. also i can play games and watch tv at the same time amazing aint it?
Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts

lol wut

Who said anything about intimidate?